Master Guru

I have a question

Do y'all think it's possible that a draft could occur during this whole Syria ordeal?Honestly it has me a little worried since I'm thinking about going to college. They make you sign up for it. (I thought I did it when I was 18 but apparently not) Don't get me wrong, I respect the military that defend our freedom. I just would hate to partake in it.

PS I would've posted in politics but didn't want to derail with one question.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    keefy
    If the age displayed is real then arent you a bit old to be in any drafts?

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Pul3y
    If they made you do that then so much for democracy
    4k mmmkay

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    If the age displayed is real then arent you a bit old to be in any drafts?
    I read that is was like between 18-26. ( I think after 26 there's a chance of getting in trouble if you don't sign up)

@MacP I've been told that every male, when they turn 18, is required to sign up for the services. It's required for college aid or something like that.
    Last edited by Silvy; 3 Weeks Ago at 20:55.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Extreme Poster
    Well, there would first need to be a declaration of war with Syria. The U.S. made a very calculated missile strike on a Syrian airbase in response to a chemical attack by President al-Assad on his own people. This recent activity, if anything, brings to light the ongoing civil war in Syria, sparked by the Arab Spring protests more than six years ago.

It's important to keep in mind that all of our armed forces are volunteers. I personally don't think a draft is likely to be one of the first things to happen, if it ends up happening at all, which probably depends on a number of different things.

One thing that I'm sure complicates the issue with Syria is that both Russia and Iran support President al-Assad and his regime. But again, this has been happening for years so who knows if anything will really change for the better if we "let them sort it out for themselves"?
    Thanks to Kwes for the signature!

"As long as there are dreamers who have the courage to pursue their dreams, the world will have heroes. And as long as there is a thirst to discover the unknown, there will be new stories to tell...and new adventures to be had."

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvy View Post
    Do y'all think it's possible that a draft could occur during this whole Syria ordeal?Honestly it has me a little worried since I'm thinking about going to college. They make you sign up for it. (I thought I did it when I was 18 but apparently not) Don't get me wrong, I respect the military that defend our freedom. I just would hate to partake in it.

PS I would've posted in politics but didn't want to derail with one question.
    The majority of our cowardly politicians would never reinstate the draft because that would mean their kids could be drafted as well. So no, you don't have to worry about that. We are still a voluntary military.
    What you did when you turned 18 is called registering for selective service for the draft if it was ever brought back. That is just a contingency plan just in case we would ever need people. Like I said before, you don't have to worry. We have the best military in the world and one of the reasons is because its a all volunteer force. Hooah!
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 2 Weeks Ago at 23:50.

Community and Technical Manager
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    No chance for a draft, Silvy. Don't worry.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyse View Post
    Well, there would first need to be a declaration of war with Syria. The U.S. made a very calculated missile strike on a Syrian airbase in response to a chemical attack by President al-Assad on his own people. This recent activity, if anything, brings to light the ongoing civil war in Syria, sparked by the Arab Spring protests more than six years ago.

It's important to keep in mind that all of our armed forces are volunteers. I personally don't think a draft is likely to be one of the first things to happen, if it ends up happening at all, which probably depends on a number of different things.

One thing that I'm sure complicates the issue with Syria is that both Russia and Iran support President al-Assad and his regime. But again, this has been happening for years so who knows if anything will really change for the better if we "let them sort it out for themselves"?
    That was my thinking also. To my knowledge, I thought Trump admired Putin. So I was like how is this going to effect our relationship with them. Is this going to severe it I thought.

@Substance I'm glad it's a volunteer service. I imagine it's a tough job trying to train people that volunteer so I figured training some one who doesn't want to go would be ridiculous anyways. The funny thing is I never thought about it actually happening until someone posted on my Facebook timeline. He said, "Thank god for heart surgery. I can't be drafted now." So the idea of a draft has been bouncing around in my head. I just don't want to work to achieve stuff then I'm forced off to war only to get shot down.

@chris That's what everyone is telling me. I hope y'all are right.
    Last edited by Silvy; 2 Weeks Ago at 20:39.

Forum Sage

The chemical attack that happened in Syria was a false-flag attack conducted by either our own CIA, Saudis or Turks. It could also have been an attack by ISIS. Bashar Al-Assad had absolutely no reason to conduct such an attack; especially taking into account that he was actually WINNING. His forces were taking back lost territory. They were beating ISIS handily. Someone who is WINNING has no reason to conduct such attacks. None whatsoever. You all believing the mainstream media is a real mistake on your part. If I were you, I'd read some non-mainstream sources and do some actual critical thinking.

As for the draft? Odds of that happening are slim to none. Syria just isn't that big an issue nor are they even a threat to us. And Russia? Russia knows better. They just don't have the means currently to be of any REAL challenge, despite what many would like to believe. China is more a threat and challenge, not Syria. If a draft is called, it'll be because of what's taking place in the Asia-Pacific region.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel View Post
    The chemical attack that happened in Syria was a false-flag attack conducted by either our own CIA, Saudis or Turks. It could also have been an attack by ISIS. Bashar Al-Assad had absolutely no reason to conduct such an attack; especially taking into account that he was actually WINNING. His forces were taking back lost territory. They were beating ISIS handily. Someone who is WINNING has no reason to conduct such attacks. None whatsoever. You all believing the mainstream media is a real mistake on your part. If I were you, I'd read some non-mainstream sources and do some actual critical thinking.
    you make some good points but what you don't understand is chemical weapons are only effective if you have the means to deliver them. If that attack was from a plane then that means it was most likely the military who did it. So yea, Assad or whatever his name is responsible. No one uses chemical weapons without someone giving them the go ahead. Maybe those civilians weren't the intended target but we all see the tragic outcome that comes with such a decision. Anyone who has a military background knows the devastating effects of those weapons.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel View Post
    The chemical attack that happened in Syria was a false-flag attack conducted by either our own CIA, Saudis or Turks. It could also have been an attack by ISIS. Bashar Al-Assad had absolutely no reason to conduct such an attack; especially taking into account that he was actually WINNING. His forces were taking back lost territory. They were beating ISIS handily. Someone who is WINNING has no reason to conduct such attacks. None whatsoever.
    You aren't even certain yourself who conducted the attack. "Either it was...", "It could have also been..." What are your sources, General?

You all believing the mainstream media is a real mistake on your part. If I were you, I'd read some non-mainstream sources and do some actual critical thinking.
    Like the 9/11 conspiracy theorists who were doing some actual "critical thinking" by not believing the mainstream media, right? Are you telling me you don't believe any mainstream media sources? Just saying, it seems you're taking President Trump's fake news rhetoric too seriously.
    Thanks to Kwes for the signature!

"As long as there are dreamers who have the courage to pursue their dreams, the world will have heroes. And as long as there is a thirst to discover the unknown, there will be new stories to tell...and new adventures to be had."

Elite Sage
    You aren't even certain yourself who conducted the attack. "Either it was...", "It could have also been..." What are your sources, General?

Like the 9/11 conspiracy theorists who were doing some actual "critical thinking" by not believing the mainstream media, right? Are you telling me you don't believe any mainstream media sources? Just saying, it seems you're taking President Trump's fake news rhetoric too seriously.
    It's obvious where he gets his news from. Those same feds they praised when Clinton was being investigated now can't be trusted.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    It's obvious where he gets his news from.
    It seems to me that he gets his news from infowars and Russia Today maybe a little bit of Fox news too. In any case its not good to just throw accusations of that type without a single shred of facts to support your claim.

Its $#@!ed up whats happening in Syria but I don't think we should get involved. I am not for complete isolation either I think we need to keep an eye on things and provide humanitarian help.

What are the results of the strikes Trump approved?
    From my understanding the air field was back and running the next day it was bombed, not only that but Russia and Iran threatened to respond with force if we do it again. We are a few wrong moves away from a war with Russia and Iran which could trigger WWIII and then Silvy can be drafted and sent out to defend our pride and freedom Oorah!

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyThree View Post
    It seems to me that he gets his news from infowars and Russia Today maybe a little bit of Fox news too. In any case its not good to just throw accusations of that type without a single shred of facts to support your claim.
    Yeah, he's definitely getting it from right wing sources. It seems that way anyway with the "false-flag" talk.
    Its $#@!ed up whats happening in Syria but I don't think we should get involved. I am not for complete isolation either I think we need to keep an eye on things and provide humanitarian help.
    I agree 100%. Firing those missiles didn't do much good. In fact it may make things worse and strengthen Asaad's support. The international community just sit back and wait on America to do something. It's time for those neighboring countries to stand up and start denouncing such actions. They're killing their own people and it's like we care more than they do. Americans aren't going to stand for another Iraq. We've she'd too much blood already.

From my understanding the air field was back and running the next day it was bombed, not only that but Russia and Iran threatened to respond with force if we do it again. We are a few wrong moves away from a war with Russia and Iran which could trigger WWIII and then Silvy can be drafted and sent out to defend our pride and freedom Oorah!
    Yea, it wouldn't surprise me if Russia knew in advance about the chemical attack or, (since Trump is so in love with him), the missile attack on the airbase.

Master Guru

You're coldblooded, 23

16. Likes TwentyThree likes this post
    Superior Member
    Even if it's true that Russia isn't able to provide a real challenge, that doesn't change the reality that getting into a head to head conflict with them wouldn't help the recovery process of the US and may cause regression economically. The US needs to be more careful picking their battles for awhile. I do agree with you that an eye should be kept open and certain resources can be provided if need be, but overall remain passive.
    "It appears that I've been marked for death, my heartless breath/The underlying cause of my arrest, my life is stressed/And no rest forever weary, my eyes stay teary for all the brothers that are buried in the cemetery/Shit is scary, how black on black crime legendary/But at times unnecessary, I'm getting worried" - 2Pac "My Block"
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    there is a linkback in the quote line so they can go back and look at the entire original post.

Forum Sage

you make some good points but what you don't understand is chemical weapons are only effective if you have the means to deliver them. If that attack was from a plane then that means it was most likely the military who did it. So yea, Assad or whatever his name is responsible. No one uses chemical weapons without someone giving them the go ahead. Maybe those civilians weren't the intended target but we all see the tragic outcome that comes with such a decision. Anyone who has a military background knows the devastating effects of those weapons.
    It's true, you need a delivery mechanism to successfully deliver them. In this case, the CIA, Saudis and Turks all have that delivery mechanism if you're going airborne from an airbase. ISIS has the means to do it by ground which in itself is another way to get the job done. All four groups are heavily involved in Syria so it wouldn't or shouldn't come as a surprise that it could be one of them. I'm not ruling Assad out either. However, ruling out the other groups doesn't sit well with me either. Just saying. What makes Assad less likely to me is that he is winning his civil war. He's clawing back territory from ISIS and the rebels.

Whoa there. I never said it was anyone definitively. You're asking me to provide proof for an assertion I never made. What I'm espousing is a look at the situation from different angles. Who benefits from Assad gassing his people? It certainly ain't Assad. He is winning his civil war. He has no reason to gas his people when he's winning. The CIA, Saudis and Turks stand to benefit much more so than Assad. However, it COULD still be proven to be him. I won't rule him out entirely. I just think that it's UNLIKELY he did that attack.

And no. I do not believe any of the mainstream media. Not even Fox.

Super Elite
    Yeah, he's definitely getting it from right wing sources. It seems that way anyway with the "false-flag" talk.

I agree 100%. Firing those missiles didn't do much good. In fact it may make things worse and strengthen Asaad's support. The international community just sit back and wait on America to do something. It's time for those neighboring countries to stand up and start denouncing such actions. They're killing their own people and it's like we care more than they do. Americans aren't going to stand for another Iraq. We've she'd too much blood already.

Yea, it wouldn't surprise me if Russia knew in advance about the chemical attack or, (since Trump is so in love with him), the missile attack on the airbase.
    Russia has an authoritarian type government, its almost like a modern Dictatorship of sorts disguised as a democracy. I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
    Could be that they were testing the new US administration reaction with this chemical attack given that Trump had been for staying out of the Syrian conflict. By the way I think the US did give the Russians a heads up on the airbase strikes before they were launched, I think the message was sent with the purpose to avoid a direct conflict with Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvy View Post
    You're coldblooded, 23
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by FinalxxSin View Post
    Even if it's true that Russia isn't able to provide a real challenge, that doesn't change the reality that getting into a head to head conflict with them wouldn't help the recovery process of the US and may cause regression economically. The US needs to be more careful picking their battles for awhile. I do agree with you that an eye should be kept open and certain resources can be provided if need be, but overall remain passive.
    Completely agree with you here, neither the US or Russia gain anything from a direct war with each other. its why we are fighting these proxy wars instead.
    The Syria conflict is difficult to get a grip on because there are so many insurgencies fighting for different factions and interest, at the moment most of them are focused on fighting ISIS out of the country but when they defeat ISIS are they going to turn on each other, most likely yeah. I don't see how this war ends in good terms for everyone.

Thread Information