View Poll Results: Should sony rush their console for an early release date or take their time.

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Take their time

49 89.09%
  • Hurry up

6 10.91%
Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Superior Member

PS3 (Hurry up or take your time)

I would be willing to go as far as 2008 if it meant me getting the ultimate gaming experience. While I am waiting for the PS3 I will be playing the X-Box 2 to get rid of the time. What about you?
    The poll doesnt matter at all as its self explainitory. What you post is more interesting.

Apprentice

I voted for them to take thier time cause that way they can see the other console specs and make thiers better accordingly but not too long, 2007 is the latest they should take not any longer than that

The more time they have on thier hands the more they will be able to make it better (unless thier as lazy as we are, sit at a desk and drink coffee all day and pointlessly chat with one-another )

I'm really looking forward to a HUGE SHOCK! from it, so it better be good!

Nah I don't think I is gona buy a Xbox 2 cause I is had enuf of Xbox n it's crappy games no offence though

Superior Member

I'm really looking forward to a HUGE SHOCK! from it, so it better be good!
    Thats the problem, their piling all the pressure on sony to create the ultimate games machine and what if it doesnt match peoples expetations, the playstation craze would disappear like a fart in the wind if another console was to totally out class it. oh and Playstation 3, have you done a single post without using a emoticon since youve joined the for um

Dedicated Member
    I believe a 2006 release will be fine, and anyway they will launch the console when it makes most business sense for them
    but evo what do you think the ultimate gaming experience is and how will we get it?
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution
    oh and Playstation 3, have you done a single post without using a emoticon since youve joined the for um
    Not that I remember off but whats wrong with that anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by gaming ultima
    but evo what do you think the ultimate gaming experience is and how will we get it?
    I think that will be virtual reality and real life graphics. That would be some truly different gaming experience

We could get it if Sony spend enough money and research on it, look at the eye toy, we are getting closer to virtual reality

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayStation 3
    oh and Playstation 3, have you done a single post without using a emoticon since youve joined the for um
    Not that I remember off but whats wrong with that anyway?

I think that will be virtual reality and real life graphics. That would be some truly different gaming experience

We could get it if Sony spend enough money and research on it, look at the eye toy, we are getting closer to virtual reality
    i think it will be a gaming device that connects directly wirelessly straight into your brain (like in the SCEA adverts when the ps2 launched if anyone saw them). something like that anyway
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Apprentice

i think it will be a gaming device that connects directly wirelessly straight into your brain (like in the SCEA adverts when the ps2 launched if anyone saw them). something like that anyway
    Ummm no , that would be kinda scary I would think not a good many people would approach a game console like that lol

Superior Member

Just imagine, youre playing a boxing game and you can really feel the pain. Woulnt that be something like in the matrix.

Dedicated Member
    Ummm no , that would be kinda scary I would think not a good many people would approach a game console like that lol
    i know, I have put a lot of thought into it and its the public confidence that will hold us back for a long time. damn public

edit : evo i think that things like actual pain would have to be left out, or kept to a small amount, maybe with the option to turn it on or off.
    and yes once a mmo is made for this tech it will be like the matrix accept everybody will know about it and will be paying for it etc etc and wouldn’t that be soo cool and fun
    - Albert Einstein

Apprentice

I have an idea what about a shock system enabled into the hand controller. Example when you stuff up or something in game you recieve a small charge of electricity, just a small little shock that would feel something like a pin touching you or something like that

Imagine how cool that would be, if they do make something like what said then that would mean no gurls I know would be playing it, "Muhahahahaha "

I mean thier was no such a thing as a Vibration Fucntion it was new to gaming right? So they should try out my idea that would diffinately be cool

I am 100% positive that we have the technology and is possible of doing

Superior Member

Like you have a vibration intensity on some ps2 games you could have a pain intensity level. that would be cool. just imagine plying metal gear solid 1 where ocelots torturing snake and he has to try to hang on. You are actually getting electric shocks through your body and you have to decide whether to hang on or forfit in which you would of just killed meryl.

dude that would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
    Like you have a vibration intensity on some ps2 games you could have a pain intensity level. that would be cool. just imagine plying metal gear solid 1 where ocelots torturing snake and he has to try to hang on. You are actually getting electric shocks through your body and you have to decide whether to hang on or forfit in which you would of just killed meryl.
    dude that would be sweet but think about the lawsuits!! lmao
    The only good Nazi, is a dead Nazi
    =]

PS3 Trophies

Apprentice

Did you even bother to read my previous post? please do so if you havn't

I didn't mean that powerfull, just a small little electric shock like the feeling of a sharp pin touching your skin or something like that

Dedicated Member
    funny that you say that because plenty of console modders have already modded their controllers to do just that.
    - Albert Einstein

Apprentice

funny that you say that because plenty of console modders have already modded their controllers to do just that.
    Hmmm interesting I never knew that, wierd yah will I'm not happy with modifications and stuff I want it officially to be in the PS3

Dedicated Member
    Hmmm interesting I never knew that, wierd yah will I'm not happy with modifications and stuff I want it officially to be in the PS3
    yea but people would start using it in perverse ways
    - Albert Einstein

Superior Member

I want a new eyetoy for the ps3 with a better picture. Also i want some serious eyetoy games, not party games for crying outloud, theres only one game like this coming eyetoy and thats antigarv. i posted about it in another topic. You stand infromt of the eyetoy with coloured armbands and gloves and it puts your body movements onto a character that looks like a futuristic prince of persia. You are on some kind of skate board but its hovering. if youve ever played airblade youll know what im talking about

Dedicated Member
    I want a new eyetoy for the ps3 with a better picture. Also i want some serious eyetoy games, not party games for crying outloud, theres only one game like this coming eyetoy and thats antigarv. i posted about it in another topic. You stand infromt of the eyetoy with coloured armbands and gloves and it puts your body movements onto a character that looks like a futuristic prince of persia. You are on some kind of skate board but its hovering. if youve ever played airblade youll know what im talking about
    http://sony.gamerfeed.com/gf/news/4815/
    you will like that
    - Albert Einstein

Superior Member

you are right, i did like that. I certainly hope it happens although you would look like a right divvy sitting there waving youre hands up and down to control an inventory screen but who gives a crap, id love that feature to be on the PS3.

Blake
    Playstation 3, someone has to say it. Constant use of smilies in every post is completely annoying, useless and shows a lack of maturity. Only use them when it really requires it, seriously I want to think your on crack everytime you post.

Now as for the PS3. 2006 is problly the latest Im willing to wait. Assuming the Xbox 2 will be out ahead of the PS3 I will be purchasing it first to pass the time untill PS3 does arrive.

Superior Member

Ive already asked him that and he answered me with more smilies.

Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    There's no need for Sony to rush the PS3. Sony have said that they are ahead of schedule. So I see no reason for them to rush things.
    I am a moron. Do not argue with me because I will drag you down to my level and win with experience .

My Imba 'net speed (no joke):

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_One
    There's no need for Sony to rush the PS3. Sony have said that they are ahead of schedule. So I see no reason for them to rush things.
    there not and no one's asking them 2. besides they have said plenty of times they will bring it out when they have planned regardless of what the competition does
    2006 seems like a good bet to me
    - Albert Einstein

Veteran
    Sony should take their time. It's their biggest advantage. More time should equal a better console. However too much time and they might give Microsoft too bigger lead. Its a fine balancing act, which I'm sure Sony will balance very well.

Apprentice

yea but people would start using it in perverse ways
    Ok and what do you mean bu that? Please explain yourself. Really, seriously explain what you meant by saying that

Thread Information