Superior Member

I'm getting a PS3 just to get a PS3, not because of it's games.

Now I know that you're coming into this thread thinking "WTF is this guy talking about?" First off I'm not basing this PS3. I think its a great console and I can't wait to get my hands on one next week. However, recently my anticipation for the console has decreased, mainly due to the many delays of launch titles. At first, my launch title window was Madden 07, Oblivion, and THP8. Oblivion is now delayed til probably Feb/March 07. THP8 is a good game, but by reading reviews, it is a pretty average game. No fully player customization like in past games and no online mode. So that leaves me with just Madden 07 as my main launch title. NFSC is just a carbon copy of the PS2 version. Ridge Racer is too arcady for me, I rather have F1 Racing and that isn't out til probably March 07. I'll probably end up getting Resistance to fill in one of the missing gaps. Hell, even one of the Blu-Ray movies I was planning on getting at launch, RoboCop, is now delayed til some deal is done to port it over the BD-DVD.

But what I'm trying to say is, at first I couldn't wait to get my hands on a PS3. I mean I still can't wait, but it isn't with that same level of excitment as it was before. I didn't get the 360 at launch cause there weren't enough good games, atleast for me. Right now there really isn't enough good games for the PS3 but I'm still getting one. Why? Because I know that if I don't get one at launch, I probably won't have another chance of getting one til around Feb or possibly March 07. So it is either now or never. So even though there really isn't any PS3 games at launch that appeals to me, I'm still getting a PS3 only because its a PS3 and it will be in high demand. So I might as well just stick it out and get one next week. So when the Oblivions, the F1 Racings and so on star to emerge, I'll already have my PS3 opposed to trying to wait in line for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th shipments.

Anyone else in the same situation as I am?
    PSU.com Staff: Tyrell S. Jackson

Dedicated Member

Nope, not me.. Madden and NBA 2k7 will hold me over untill MLB: The Show, in march, and that should hold me over to GTA:IV in October.

Dedicated Member
    I'm nowhere near the same situation as you, but I get what you're saying. Honestly, I wouldn't have any problem with just the PS3 console itself as well. It can browse the web, play music, etc. And I'm sure you'd find a way to make use of the PS Network and Playstation Store during the wait for those games

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keisukeMamoru86 View Post
    I'm nowhere near the same situation as you, but I get what you're saying. Honestly, I wouldn't have any problem with just the PS3 console itself as well. It can browse the web, play music, etc. And I'm sure you'd find a way to make use of the PS Network and Playstation Store during the wait for those games
    Lol, yeah. I guess there is other means to enjoy the PS3 besides the actuall PS3 games. Hence, Play B3yond.

Super Elite
    Yep, or you can just sit there and stare in awe of its awesomness. lol would kill a few hours just drooling near it, not on it.

Apprentice
    Lol i have to wate till march 07 just to get the console, but by the lookes of it by then quite a few games will have come out so no loss but really one of the main reasons i want a PS3 is cause my PS2 is dying and i cant play my fave games any more. so even with out next gen games PS3 will be usfull to me also internet on my console is just to sweet to ignore and there will probably be more updated in the future with the firemware

Elite Member
    Why not just wait and play some PS2 (FFXII, Bully, Guitar Hero 2, God of War 2, etc...) so someone who really wants a PS3 now can get their hands on it? Not much of a point in getting a launch system that you're not going to be interested in until March (Lair, Motorstorm?) when, by then PS3's will be debugged and should easily be on shelves.

Of course, I'd probably do the same thing in your position. It just looks so pretty...

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StateofMind View Post
    Why not just wait and play some PS2 (FFXII, Bully, Guitar Hero 2, God of War 2, etc...) so someone who really wants a PS3 now can get their hands on it? Not much of a point in getting a launch system that you're not going to be interested in until March (Lair, Motorstorm?) when, by then PS3's will be debugged and should easily be on shelves.

Of course, I'd probably do the same thing in your position. It just looks so pretty...
    I never said that I'm not interested in it. I just said that I'm not as excited over it as I used to be. Don't get me wrong, I'm still hyped for it, hyped enough to wait at Wal-Mart starting 6AM November 16th. I'm going to enjoy Madden and I'm going to enjoy the other things the PS3 can do like it's online features. However, I just feel like my PS3 experience at first glance will be bland compared to what it could have been with games like F1, Oblivion, Sonic, Fight Night and so on.

Superior Member

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by danman227460 View Post
    Yep, or you can just sit there and stare in awe of its awesomness. lol would kill a few hours just drooling near it, not on it.
    Lol. Yeah, that definitly sounds like a plan.

Honestly if i say i can't just stare at that sleek design for days upon end then consider me...

What's up Majestic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSN ID - adamevex (PES09 & FIFA)
    See my gamer profile at playfire

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by MajesticEdge View Post
    Now I know that you're coming into this thread thinking "WTF is this guy talking about?" First off I'm not basing this PS3. I think its a great console and I can't wait to get my hands on one next week. However, recently my anticipation for the console has decreased, mainly due to the many delays of launch titles. At first, my launch title window was Madden 07, Oblivion, and THP8. Oblivion is now delayed til probably Feb/March 07. THP8 is a good game, but by reading reviews, it is a pretty average game. No fully player customization like in past games and no online mode. So that leaves me with just Madden 07 as my main launch title. NFSC is just a carbon copy of the PS2 version. Ridge Racer is too arcady for me, I rather have F1 Racing and that isn't out til probably March 07. I'll probably end up getting Resistance to fill in one of the missing gaps. Hell, even one of the Blu-Ray movies I was planning on getting at launch, RoboCop, is now delayed til some deal is done to port it over the BD-DVD.

But what I'm trying to say is, at first I couldn't wait to get my hands on a PS3. I mean I still can't wait, but it isn't with that same level of excitment as it was before. I didn't get the 360 at launch cause there weren't enough good games, atleast for me. Right now there really isn't enough good games for the PS3 but I'm still getting one. Why? Because I know that if I don't get one at launch, I probably won't have another chance of getting one til around Feb or possibly March 07. So it is either now or never. So even though there really isn't any PS3 games at launch that appeals to me, I'm still getting a PS3 only because its a PS3 and it will be in high demand. So I might as well just stick it out and get one next week. So when the Oblivions, the F1 Racings and so on star to emerge, I'll already have my PS3 opposed to trying to wait in line for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th shipments.

Anyone else in the same situation as I am?
    Same here you're not the only one, I'm in that situation as well.
    [SIGPIC]http://xenosaga3.namco.com/content/banner/img_6_113.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Forum Elder
    I guess this could help you:

Raimbow Six Vegas - December
    Call of Duty 3 - Launch
    Motorstorm - February (demo on day one)
    Heavenly Sword - March
    Full Auto 2- December
    Sonic - December
    Fight Night 3 - December
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Studios come and go, but good games last forever"

Dedicated Member
    i think i get where your coming from but you confused me a lil

you say your getting a ps3 because its a ps3 and not because of the games.
    then you say you didnt get a 360 because it doesnt have good games. :S

you could have got a 360 on day one and waited for gears of war or dead rising (like you said you are with the ps3)

but hey I'm just saying
    If It Ain't Broke, I'll Fix It Till It Is.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedscorpion View Post
    i think i get where your coming from but you confused me a lil

you say your getting a ps3 because its a ps3 and not because of the games.
    then you say you didnt get a 360 because it doesnt have good games. :S

you could have got a 360 on day one and waited for gears of war or dead rising (like you said you are with the ps3)

but hey I'm just saying
    True, but unlike the PS3, the 360 was a bit easier to get. So with the PS3, if I wait, I might not get one til March cause it'll be so hard to find. With the 360, only at launch it was hard to get but by Jan, you could find it if you looked hard enough. So there really was no forceful urge to get a 360 at launch the same way there will be for the PS3.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by MajesticEdge View Post
    True, but unlike the PS3, the 360 was a bit easier to get. So with the PS3, if I wait, I might not get one til March cause it'll be so hard to find. With the 360, only at launch it was hard to get but by Jan, you could find it if you looked hard enough. So there really was no forceful urge to get a 360 at launch the same way there will be for the PS3.
    True, but you might as well get one while you can because you don't how many units you will be getting in your area in March and there a chance you might not get one in March due to low shipment. So if you got the money now you better get one or you will be on a mission for months trying to get a PS3.
    [SIGPIC]http://xenosaga3.namco.com/content/banner/img_6_113.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by danman227460 View Post
    Hey, it makes a great mirror as well.

This is funny I posted pretty much a carbon copy of this post in the Canada pre order section. I have a strong feeling I will get me PS3 next Friday and it will stay boxed up for the next week while I finish off Gears Of War. There is nothing on the PS3 that can touch it so why quit playing it just because there is a new kid on the block. I really hope resistance is atleast half as good honestly, then I will be a happy camper.

Master Guru
    to tell the truth I dont care if it didnt have no games right now I still want it and when I get it I might not buy a game the first week I want it for Blu-ray and Linux and to watch my videos and pictures from my bed on my big tv

like.no.other
    So, you are getting a PS3 becasue it's a PS3 and in high demand, even though it doesn't have any games you want to play? Surely the Xbox 360 has some games you like now after almost a year on the shelves?
    Phat boy gone slim!

Superior Member
    Haha! Well bro, as long as you decide to buy a PS3, I'm good either way.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    So, you are getting a PS3 becasue it's a PS3 and in high demand, even though it doesn't have any games you want to play? Surely the Xbox 360 has some games you like now after almost a year on the shelves?
    Maybe he has a thing for Sony bling. I know if I didn't have any games, I would probably still get one anyway. It's multimedia features and downloadable content make it a worthwhile buy to me, especially since it keeps backwards compatibility with PS1/PS2 games.

That's just me though.

Superior Member
    I'm doing the same things as you just because I don't any extra $ for games and extra accessories. Maybe I can come up with some more moolah before launch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] My photography site: Here !- New pictures just added!
    FORZA FERRARI AND
    FAREWELL TO THE GREAT MICHAEL SCHUMACHER!

Thread Information