Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
  1. #1
    Elite Guru

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,251
    Rep Power
    91
    Points
    8,442 (0 Banked)

    100 Launch Titles For Xbox 360 in Japan

    Microsoft will go on an offensive in Japan by launching its sleek new Xbox 360 video-game machine with more than 100 titles in time for the holiday shopping season at the end of the year.

    Taking its battle with Japanese video-game leaders Nintendo and Sony to their home turf, the US software giant announced it would work with more than 50 Japanese firms to create titles for its new silver console.

    Peter Moore, vice-president of Microsoft’s video-game marketing division, said that Japan was crucial for any game business and that Bill Gates’ company planned more titles exclusively for the Japanese market.

    “A new generation of games is going to be born here in Japan,” he said.

    With Sony dominating the home machine market with its PlayStation and Nintendo ruling over handheld consoles with its GameBoy, Microsoft is hoping to break into the crowded market by using its technical prowess. – AFP

    http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story...0&sec=business
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

  2. #2
    Forum Guru
    Shrinnan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    586 (0 Banked)
    That's.............a really big launch...

    Like I always say, the more the merrier!

  3. #3
    Dedicated Member
    LegendaryArcturus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,307
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    It'd be nice to know the names of all these games. Anyway, wasn't there something about quality over quantity? Rarely anyone can get all these games you know.
    "If the evolutionary roads like the PS3 are closed off, the industry will no longer grow." - Hideo Kojima
    "Oh God... please don't let me die today! Tomorrow would be so much better!"
    "Management is like playing a strategy game." - GalCiv2
    Weekly Console Hardware Sales in Japan last updated on March 26, 2009

  4. #4
    Forum Guru
    Shrinnan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    586 (0 Banked)
    Well the more quantity has more of a chance to get quality games out of the batch.

  5. #5
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,962
    Rep Power
    193
    Points
    107,327 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I still say Sony has something up their sleeve. They *will* shut the door on MSes face somehow. This isn't wishful thinking on my behalf really. I do get tired of games coming out in Japan for a year before coming to the US despite the US being the bigger market (even for Sony)... I just don't think the Japanese can be lured away from a hometown product.

  6. #6
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    200
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Well, that's a steaming pile of BS if I ever heard it! I'll believe this claim when they actually launch the system there. And if 50 of them are Mahjong games, that doesn't count.

  7. #7
    Dedicated Member
    homer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,206
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    100 wow you can expect a lot of them to be crap then

  8. #8
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,154
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    1,777 (0 Banked)
    Some people are just haters. Everytime something positive comes out about the Xbox360 certain people have something negative to say. Give it a break and face the fact that the Xbox360 will do somethings the almighty powerful PS3 wont.

  9. #9
    Dedicated Member
    XxScarfacexX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,118
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    289 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nucleus
    Some people are just haters. Everytime something positive comes out about the Xbox360 certain people have something negative to say. Give it a break and face the fact that the Xbox360 will do somethings the almighty powerful PS3 wont.
    Thank you. I was waiting for this to be said.

  10. #10
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    338
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by XxScarfacexX
    Quote Originally Posted by Nucleus
    Some people are just haters. Everytime something positive comes out about the Xbox360 certain people have something negative to say. Give it a break and face the fact that the Xbox360 will do somethings the almighty powerful PS3 wont.
    Thank you. I was waiting for this to be said.
    agree. if u dont want the 360 Fine. but i'll be playing Next-gen while u watch :P :P

  11. #11
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    199
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    100? i find the REAAAALLY hard to believe.

  12. #12
    Dedicated Member
    themann4200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,069
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    129 (0 Banked)
    yeah not only is it hard to believe, but it really doesn't matter either (no offence to X2, good find either way). if ps3 launches with just 10 titles, it wouldn't bother me as long as at least one of them is good enough to keep my busy until more come out.

  13. #13
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,154
    Rep Power
    70
    Points
    1,777 (0 Banked)
    I also find it hard to believe but doesn't mean it cant be done. I have already seen alot of things from the PS3 and Xbox360 I didn't think was going to be able to be done yet. Maybe we are in for a 1st.

  14. #14
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,147
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    100 launch titles?

    I have a feeling they are talking about the Xbox360 being backward compatible. There is absolutely no possible way that every single developer working on the Xbox360 will have a launch title ready. Absolutely zero chance.

    Especially considering the source, this is bogus.
    You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon'.
    -- Chris Rock

  15. #15
    Forum Guru
    Shrinnan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    586 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudger
    Quote Originally Posted by XxScarfacexX
    Quote Originally Posted by Nucleus
    Some people are just haters. Everytime something positive comes out about the Xbox360 certain people have something negative to say. Give it a break and face the fact that the Xbox360 will do somethings the almighty powerful PS3 wont.
    Thank you. I was waiting for this to be said.
    agree. if u dont want the 360 Fine. but i'll be playing Next-gen while u watch :P :P
    I agree, I don't know why we just can't accept the fact that ALL next gen consoles will be very good and will both have their advantages and disadvantages, let's not bash other consoles because it's pointless.

  16. #16
    Elite Member
    Smily0012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,762
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    178 (0 Banked)
    I think this peice of news is kind of misprinted. I think they ment to say that 100 games will be in development by the time the xbox 360 is released in Japan. Or maybe it means something alse. That the xbox 360's launch in Japan will be delayed so by the time they release it there will be 100 games out afor the system.
    I am not bothered by the fact that I am unknown. I am bothered when I do not know others.
    -Confucius

  17. #17
    Apprentice
    mrgtir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    1,065 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nucleus
    Some people are just haters. Everytime something positive comes out about the Xbox360 certain people have something negative to say. Give it a break and face the fact that the Xbox360 will do somethings the almighty powerful PS3 wont.
    Yeah and we all know that it will be an almighty flop in Japan again amen brother.

  18. #18
    Elite Guru

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,251
    Rep Power
    91
    Points
    8,442 (0 Banked)
    360 Japan launch will not be delay as matter of fact they are ahead of schedule. Also think in terms of a launch window and not all one day. Launch window should be about 30-45 titles, then by fall next year as we draw near to the ps3 launch we should see some top guns coming. So by the time ps3 is release MS should have over 100 top brand titles on the market.
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

  19. #19
    Elite Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,755
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    This is a very good news but I'm surprised at how this was so exclusive that only a website we never heard of published it. How come IGN/Gamespot/Game Informer/Eurogamer/Gamepro never got wind of it?

    If this figure were true then Microsoft itself should have announced this no. eagerly at their summit 2-3 days ago. Why reveal it now???

    Since they are already notorious for throwing around the "billion gamers" figure. I wonder howcome they missed such a big chance to salivate the Japanese crowd with another figure "100 games"?

    No offense to anyone but this smells like farse in the wind.

    Cliff Bleszinski(Gears of War) on David Jaffe's God of War: I warn you, though, if you play God of War, other games aren't as good anymore. It's like eating a really good steak, and then going back to Sizzler.

  20. #20
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    567
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Ditto, I smell BS. Not to say that the "128 billion games and three boxsets at launch" tack isn't one of the hardware pushers' favourites, we hear this same crap at the start of every generation.

    MY prediction for the 360 launch? 30 games tops, 4 of 'em worth buying.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

  21. #21
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    734
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Yeah and how many will the japanese like...
    READ THE RULES THAT ARE STATED IN THE LINKED TOPIC thanks for your patience
    He who knows when he can win and when he cannot will never lose!
    Before saying anything was CGI please know CGI means Computer Generated Imagery. Therefore every screenshot and movie is CGI!!!

  22. #22
    Forum Sage
    Aquanox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,023
    Rep Power
    87
    Points
    6,086 (0 Banked)
    Whohaaa... 100 launch titles?

    Ok, I'm an Xbox fan, but I don't believe everything good I read about it. I wasn't expecting more than 8 japanesse titles at launch. What's with the rest?... Is that the Ace Mr Gates has been holding for TGS??... I highly doubt there'd be more than 20 Jap titles, but there's definetly something Microsoft's leaving for the end. (And Sony thought that applying the Dreamcast tactic would have the same effect on Microsoft )

    Oh man... I'm already crazy with the currently announced titles and thought we were almost there, but it seems these guys are just warming up
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you


  23. #23
    Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    114
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Sounds like the old saying "putting all your eggs in one basket". from a non-bias stance. With that many games at one time who can afford a fraction of them. I have read some reports that games may cost from 55-60 dollars. I think it would be best to have fewer titles that have a higher quality at launch, and then ration the rest out at a later time.
    can't we all just get along (PS3,Wii,XBOX360)

  24. #24
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    734
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    0 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox
    Whohaaa... 100 launch titles?

    Ok, I'm an Xbox fan, but I don't believe everything good I read about it. I wasn't expecting more than 8 japanesse titles at launch. What's with the rest?... Is that the Ace Mr Gates has been holding for TGS??... I highly doubt there'd be more than 20 Jap titles, but there's definetly something Microsoft's leaving for the end. (And Sony thought that applying the Dreamcast tactic would have the same effect on Microsoft )

    Oh man... I'm already crazy with the currently announced titles and thought we were almost there, but it seems these guys are just warming up
    Since when do we know what company's think

    pls don't state such things you do not know
    READ THE RULES THAT ARE STATED IN THE LINKED TOPIC thanks for your patience
    He who knows when he can win and when he cannot will never lose!
    Before saying anything was CGI please know CGI means Computer Generated Imagery. Therefore every screenshot and movie is CGI!!!

  25. #25
    Forum Sage
    Aquanox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,023
    Rep Power
    87
    Points
    6,086 (0 Banked)
    Such things like what?
    I'd appreciate your comments to be clearer
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.