Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru

100 Launch Titles For Xbox 360 in Japan

Microsoft will go on an offensive in Japan by launching its sleek new Xbox 360 video-game machine with more than 100 titles in time for the holiday shopping season at the end of the year.

Taking its battle with Japanese video-game leaders Nintendo and Sony to their home turf, the US software giant announced it would work with more than 50 Japanese firms to create titles for its new silver console.

Peter Moore, vice-president of Microsoft’s video-game marketing division, said that Japan was crucial for any game business and that Bill Gates’ company planned more titles exclusively for the Japanese market.

“A new generation of games is going to be born here in Japan,” he said.

With Sony dominating the home machine market with its PlayStation and Nintendo ruling over handheld consoles with its GameBoy, Microsoft is hoping to break into the crowded market by using its technical prowess. – AFP

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story...0&sec=business
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Forum Guru
    That's.............a really big launch...

Like I always say, the more the merrier!

Dedicated Member
    It'd be nice to know the names of all these games. Anyway, wasn't there something about quality over quantity? Rarely anyone can get all these games you know.
    "If the evolutionary roads like the PS3 are closed off, the industry will no longer grow." - Hideo Kojima
    "Oh God... please don't let me die today! Tomorrow would be so much better!"
    "Management is like playing a strategy game." - GalCiv2
    Weekly Console Hardware Sales in Japan last updated on March 26, 2009

Forum Guru
    Well the more quantity has more of a chance to get quality games out of the batch.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I still say Sony has something up their sleeve. They *will* shut the door on MSes face somehow. This isn't wishful thinking on my behalf really. I do get tired of games coming out in Japan for a year before coming to the US despite the US being the bigger market (even for Sony)... I just don't think the Japanese can be lured away from a hometown product.

Apprentice

Well, that's a steaming pile of BS if I ever heard it! I'll believe this claim when they actually launch the system there. And if 50 of them are Mahjong games, that doesn't count.

Dedicated Member
    100 wow you can expect a lot of them to be crap then

Dedicated Member

Some people are just haters. Everytime something positive comes out about the Xbox360 certain people have something negative to say. Give it a break and face the fact that the Xbox360 will do somethings the almighty powerful PS3 wont.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nucleus
    Some people are just haters. Everytime something positive comes out about the Xbox360 certain people have something negative to say. Give it a break and face the fact that the Xbox360 will do somethings the almighty powerful PS3 wont.
    Thank you. I was waiting for this to be said.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by XxScarfacexX
    agree. if u dont want the 360 Fine. but i'll be playing Next-gen while u watch :P :P

Apprentice

100? i find the REAAAALLY hard to believe.

Dedicated Member
    yeah not only is it hard to believe, but it really doesn't matter either (no offence to X2, good find either way). if ps3 launches with just 10 titles, it wouldn't bother me as long as at least one of them is good enough to keep my busy until more come out.

Dedicated Member

I also find it hard to believe but doesn't mean it cant be done. I have already seen alot of things from the PS3 and Xbox360 I didn't think was going to be able to be done yet. Maybe we are in for a 1st.

Dedicated Member

100 launch titles?

I have a feeling they are talking about the Xbox360 being backward compatible. There is absolutely no possible way that every single developer working on the Xbox360 will have a launch title ready. Absolutely zero chance.

Especially considering the source, this is bogus.
    You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon'.
    -- Chris Rock

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by mudger
    Quote Originally Posted by XxScarfacexX
    agree. if u dont want the 360 Fine. but i'll be playing Next-gen while u watch :P :P
    I agree, I don't know why we just can't accept the fact that ALL next gen consoles will be very good and will both have their advantages and disadvantages, let's not bash other consoles because it's pointless.

Elite Member
    I think this peice of news is kind of misprinted. I think they ment to say that 100 games will be in development by the time the xbox 360 is released in Japan. Or maybe it means something alse. That the xbox 360's launch in Japan will be delayed so by the time they release it there will be 100 games out afor the system.
    I am not bothered by the fact that I am unknown. I am bothered when I do not know others.
    -Confucius

Apprentice
    Yeah and we all know that it will be an almighty flop in Japan again amen brother.

Elite Guru

360 Japan launch will not be delay as matter of fact they are ahead of schedule. Also think in terms of a launch window and not all one day. Launch window should be about 30-45 titles, then by fall next year as we draw near to the ps3 launch we should see some top guns coming. So by the time ps3 is release MS should have over 100 top brand titles on the market.
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Elite Member

This is a very good news but I'm surprised at how this was so exclusive that only a website we never heard of published it. How come IGN/Gamespot/Game Informer/Eurogamer/Gamepro never got wind of it?

If this figure were true then Microsoft itself should have announced this no. eagerly at their summit 2-3 days ago. Why reveal it now???

Since they are already notorious for throwing around the "billion gamers" figure. I wonder howcome they missed such a big chance to salivate the Japanese crowd with another figure "100 games"?

No offense to anyone but this smells like farse in the wind.

Cliff Bleszinski(Gears of War) on David Jaffe's God of War: I warn you, though, if you play God of War, other games aren't as good anymore. It's like eating a really good steak, and then going back to Sizzler.

Superior Member

Ditto, I smell BS. Not to say that the "128 billion games and three boxsets at launch" tack isn't one of the hardware pushers' favourites, we hear this same crap at the start of every generation.

MY prediction for the 360 launch? 30 games tops, 4 of 'em worth buying.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Superior Member

Yeah and how many will the japanese like...
    READ THE RULES THAT ARE STATED IN THE LINKED TOPIC thanks for your patience
    He who knows when he can win and when he cannot will never lose!
    Before saying anything was CGI please know CGI means Computer Generated Imagery. Therefore every screenshot and movie is CGI!!!

Forum Sage
    Whohaaa... 100 launch titles?

Ok, I'm an Xbox fan, but I don't believe everything good I read about it. I wasn't expecting more than 8 japanesse titles at launch. What's with the rest?... Is that the Ace Mr Gates has been holding for TGS??... I highly doubt there'd be more than 20 Jap titles, but there's definetly something Microsoft's leaving for the end. (And Sony thought that applying the Dreamcast tactic would have the same effect on Microsoft )

Oh man... I'm already crazy with the currently announced titles and thought we were almost there, but it seems these guys are just warming up
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Sounds like the old saying "putting all your eggs in one basket". from a non-bias stance. With that many games at one time who can afford a fraction of them. I have read some reports that games may cost from 55-60 dollars. I think it would be best to have fewer titles that have a higher quality at launch, and then ration the rest out at a later time.
    can't we all just get along (PS3,Wii,XBOX360)

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox
    Whohaaa... 100 launch titles?

Ok, I'm an Xbox fan, but I don't believe everything good I read about it. I wasn't expecting more than 8 japanesse titles at launch. What's with the rest?... Is that the Ace Mr Gates has been holding for TGS??... I highly doubt there'd be more than 20 Jap titles, but there's definetly something Microsoft's leaving for the end. (And Sony thought that applying the Dreamcast tactic would have the same effect on Microsoft )

Oh man... I'm already crazy with the currently announced titles and thought we were almost there, but it seems these guys are just warming up
    Since when do we know what company's think

pls don't state such things you do not know
    READ THE RULES THAT ARE STATED IN THE LINKED TOPIC thanks for your patience
    He who knows when he can win and when he cannot will never lose!
    Before saying anything was CGI please know CGI means Computer Generated Imagery. Therefore every screenshot and movie is CGI!!!

Forum Sage
    Such things like what?
    I'd appreciate your comments to be clearer
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Thread Information