Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Fatal Frame

Dedicated Member

Fatal Frame

Next-Gen Fatal Frame
    Popular horror series to continue on future consoles.
    by Jeremy Dunham
    July 28, 2005 - In a recent interview with Japanese website IT Games, Tecmo Games Producer Keisuke Kikuchi revealed that plans are already underway to continue the Fatal Frame series on the next generation of consoles.

Though he didn't specify which next-gen systems he was referring to, history points at a likely PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 release -- as the previous three games all begun as PS2 titles before being ported over to the Xbox later on. The possibility that the next game could also appear on Revolution should definitely not be ruled out, either.

No other information regarding the next Fatal Frame was given, but we'll keep updated should that change.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    A next generation Fatal Frame? *runs and hides* This is going to be some scary fun.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky
    A next generation Fatal Frame? *runs and hides* This is going to be some scary fun.
    I've played just the sequel on PS2 and for about 30mins only before switching the console off. The atmosphere really creeped me out, heebie jeebies just thinking there'd be some ghost around the next corner and the stupid rumble effect of the DS2 almost had me fainted. I never touched the game eversince I beat the first mini-boss like thingy encounter or whatever that was! That reminds me I gotta finish it asap because Japan already got a 3rd title of this on PS2. Can't wait for its stateside release. Next-gen will definitely scare the waste out of anyone.

Cliff Bleszinski(Gears of War) on David Jaffe's God of War: I warn you, though, if you play God of War, other games aren't as good anymore. It's like eating a really good steak, and then going back to Sizzler.

Dedicated Member
    Im shamed to admit that i have never even heard of these games. *prepares for flames*

But a short visit to Gamespot might give me the basics.
    *There and back*
    Hmm. Im not a big fan of the japanese style of horror games, allthough i´ll admit that i havent played that many.
    Ill just have to wait and see what it bring to the table.
    There are a few other games that i might have to consider too. (Alan Wake, Condemned)
    Working on a new sig...

Superior Member

I don't think I'm aware of this series, somebody fill me in?
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lintee
    I don't think I'm aware of this series, somebody fill me in?
    In my opinion, it's one of the most frightening games on PS2. You play as a girl, roaming through this dark and creepy town. You find a paranormal camera that allows you to take pictures of the dead (ghosts). The only way to attack them is by capturing their image with the paranormal camera. Some ghosts are unaffected by the device and as the game goes on, you find new power-ups for the camera. When you take a pic of a spectre, you then get background information on the particular ghost.

The game is just...really really frightening. It sounds kind of cheesy, but it chills right to the bone. It's best to play it alone and in the dark, although me and my friend were still creeped out playing it in the same room.

There's many different types of ghosts, some very creepy and I can't even describe them. Ones that have twisted and contorted necks that sort of crawl on the ground and if you get too close they lash out at you.

It's just...crazy. If you want a good scare you should check it out.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Superior Member

Oh of course! I know it now, they call that "Project Zero" over here, I played a demo of the first game and it honestly scared the pants off me. I remember thinking "This makes Silent Hill look like Splatterfest 2".
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Administrator
    I like Silent Hill as well, but it doesn't have the same fear factor that Fatal Frame does.

Edit: Just did a Google Image Search and yes, "Project Zero" is "Fatal Frame".

Elite Sage
    OOOHHH!!!

*realises this and hides in corner*

Geez!!! i can't imagine a Project Zero on the PS3!!!

I mean with the amount of detaill in next gen games...

This game is gonna garuntee grown men to cry, and soil their pants (and i'm talking about truckers called butch!!! )
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

Master Sage
    I've played just the sequel on PS2 and for about 30mins only before switching the console off. The atmosphere really creeped me out, heebie jeebies just thinking there'd be some ghost around the next corner and the stupid rumble effect of the DS2 almost had me fainted. I never touched the game eversince I beat the first mini-boss like thingy encounter or whatever that was! That reminds me I gotta finish it asap because Japan already got a 3rd title of this on PS2. Can't wait for its stateside release. Next-gen will definitely scare the waste out of anyone.
    i take it your not like me where i play games like doom3 like they should that is with the lights off and the sound blaring. i cant say sometimes i dont get creeped out but i just think its just a game. i havent heard of this game though but probably wont play it because im more the type that goes around the corner and kills the bad thing not take a picture. i cant wait to play games like quake on the ps3 its going to look so real and be alot more scary.

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!
    The night was never so fearfull....

Superior Member

I knew it was, I'd heard of Fatal Frame and the name change before but for some reason my mind just decided to draw a blank when I read the thread through the first time, now I feel like a bit of a plonker

In any case, good news, I'd always fancied a proper bash at one of these titles (well, I would if I weren't such a wuss), and it's nice to see a cult series can survive despite publishers protestations over the cost and hardship of next gen development. Keep it up Tecmo.

Forum Guru
    I've never actually played a Fatal Frame although I've heard they're scary, I might have to try one out.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by soldier one
    i take it your not like me where i play games like doom3 like they should that is with the lights off and the sound blaring. i cant say sometimes i dont get creeped out but i just think its just a game. i havent heard of this game though but probably wont play it because im more the type that goes around the corner and kills the bad thing not take a picture. i cant wait to play games like quake on the ps3 its going to look so real and be alot more scary.
    Fatal Frame is a different kind of game than Doom III. Doom III isn't as scary as Fatal Frame. Somehow...I just feel more confident taking on a demon with a giant rocket launcher.

Master Sage
    Fatal Frame is a different kind of game than Doom III. Doom III isn't as scary as Fatal Frame. Somehow...I just feel more confident taking on a demon with a giant rocket launcher.
    well what about when your out of ammo and all you have is a fist. im not trying to flame anyone about the game im just not a fan of those games. mabe ill even try this one out.

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!

Superior Member

Doom III sacred the bejeesus out of me for about an hour and a half, that I'll grant it. Essentially though, I think they laboured the formula a little bit so after shotgun decapitating your 197th zombie, the creep factor wasn't really there anymore.

Despite that, I actually really enjoyed Doom III overall, despite my opinions (in restrospect) pretty complex.

Elite Sage
    Doom 3 has that anticipation that the lights will go out, and you practically have to shoot blind...or flash a light in their eye.

Sorry but i'm a wuss when it comes to these type of games... like i lay brown bricks in my pants in doom 3 when the lights go out... although the scaryness goes when you get the shotgun.

Fatal Frame is a whole new level of Scary though... you try to predict what'll happen, and when what you predict does happen it's still scary nonetheless (well for me anyway)

Still... a High Definaition Fatal Frame!!

Master Sage
    Sorry but i'm a wuss when it comes to these type of games... like i lay brown bricks in my pants in doom 3 when the lights go out... although the scaryness goes when you get the shotgun.
    your one of the many. the shotgun doesnt really help me because i run out of ammo too fast.

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lintee
    I know it now, they call that "Project Zero" over here,
    Oh its project Zero? Oh ok, then i think ive tried it at a friends house.
    Yeah it was creepy.
    I just hate it when games are on 2 different names. Always gets me confused.
    Working on a new sig...

Administrator
    ^^^^^^

Like Biohazard in Japan is Resident Evil in America? Yeah, it's confusing.

Dedicated Member
    Yeah i know what you mean. I saw on gamespot the RE5 trailer and at the end it said "Bio hazard 5" and i went: "Wtf? wasnt this supposed to be Resident evil??"
    Took me a while to get that one too.
    Working on a new sig...

Administrator
    I've known about that for a while now and it still bothers me to some degree every time I see the word "Biohazard".

Banned
    Whenever you see the words Biohazard? I go nuts around the phrase 'Fatal Frame'! This game scares the absolute pants off me, my underwear is always on the brink of freedom every time I play. Whats confusing is the name 'Project Zero', what project , the only "project" is scaring the crap outta you, and that is where they succeed possibly too well...but thats just a personal opinion . Now Sony might back up the release date, and I cannot wait any longer for this game!

fatal frame 1:bought it. got a group with me 5 hours l8ter we chicken out
    fatal frame 2:bought it. got a group with me 10 minutes and were out of the room
    the new fatal frame? WITH PS3 CAPIBILITIES? i wouldn't be suprised if i freak out when i hear its name

the game is freaky cuz its so relistic and u get in the game!

id rather play doom3 light of at 2:00am (thats what i do)

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Whatever happened to this?

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Quote Originally Posted by avecha View Post
    Whatever happened to this?
    Nintendo co-owns the ip now.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Thread Information