Latest PSU headlines:

Superior Member

How is the PS3 launch Lineup looking?

Hey, I've been searching for as much info as I can, but I can't seem to get any solid info on the games that should* launch with PS3. I know it's early, but we should start getting ideas of which games to expect. I know alot about the 360 launch just because it's so close, and although some of the "next-gen" graphics are debatable...it still looks like an awesome lineup of games will be available launch night and shortly thereafter.

Also, I think it is safe to assume KZ2, MGS4, and GT Vision will NOT be launch, but will def all arrive within the systems first year and a half or so.

Master Sage
    well gmaestop has some listed but not sure if its offical. i hope its better than the psp launch i mean we get a good selection of games from differnt catergories.

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!
    The night was never so fearfull....

Dedicated Member
    Yeah there are alot of great games coming out on PS3, but the big question is WHEN?
    I have no idea what games are gonna be launch titles, so ill have to just wait and see.
    But im hoping that Condemned will be a launch title. Im just getting crazy over that game.
    Working on a new sig...

I'm hoping to see lots of RPGs for the PS3, but there wasn't as many as I thought there would be (well.. for now)... Since I love Japanese RPGs. The 360 is getting lot's of JRPGs though.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clamp
    I'm hoping to see lots of RPGs for the PS3, but there wasn't as many as I thought there would be (well.. for now)... Since I love Japanese RPGs. The 360 is getting lot's of JRPGs though.
    A lot of Sony backers in the RPG world (Nippon Ichi, Konami, Game Arts, Tri-Ace, Level 5 etc,etc,etc) are busy with PS2 projects at the moment, I expect we'll see more RPG's starting to appear on PS3 once the current crop of RPG's still in the development cycle have all been shifted on to shop shelves, though if I were SCEI I'd be leaning on them to at least get something on the drawing board.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Banned
    Most games released to the public are launch titles, and the list is well rounded in all genres. I'm hoping for UT2007 to be a launch title, UT has been my facv shooter series, and the trigger just further improves on the great controlling DS2

Dedicated Member
    ^ Really? How do you know?
    If so then im completely happy with the launch line up.
    I mean they got so many games that im dying to get my hands on.
    Working on a new sig...

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I-8 will be a lauch game so that right there is a reason to get a PS3.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    PhillyPhreak
    My launch predictions

Fight Night 3
    MotorStorm
    MOH: Airborne
    Full Auto
    Ridge Racer 6 (it hasn't been announced for the PS3 but it will eventually)
    Tekken 6
    Project Force
    Gundam
    Koei title (Ni-Oh?)
    If the PS3 launches in fall '06 for NA, you can also expect Madden and NBA Live from EA Sports.

Killzone has to be given time especially after the way the original bombed. I hope Guerrilla gets it right this time. I think the PS2 limited them. No excuses with the PS3.

Potential classics like I-8 and WarHawk should launch in the 3 month "launch window." (yes, I know MS introduced that term)

I want to see Ni Oh, Full Auto, Fight Night 3, and Final Fantasy. Does anybody have any idea when final fantasy will come out

Master Guru
    I think it will come out the next year after the PS3 launches, that's what they did with the PS2.

I thought I heard the new GTA was launching with PS3?

Elite Sage
    not a chance mate

GTA is miles away from any release... the next GTA game to get released soon is GTA: Liberty Sotries for the PSP.

Rockstar want to get the final dev kits, see how the consoles do at release, and see which one would be the better console to make their game for. (PS3 at the moment though)
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

Dedicated Member
    They have to make it for the PS3.
    They cant abandon Sony now, not after they finally have the hardware.
    And GTAs have been on the PS too long now to change to Xbox IMO.
    Well yeah that last one wasnt a real reason, but ill use what ever excuse i can.
    Working on a new sig...

Dedicated Member
    Games like KZ,MGS4,FFXIII,GT etc.. need time, so you can forget about them being launch titles.
    I belive that we'll see mostly sports games at launch.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by PS Maniac
    My launch predictions

Fight Night 3
    MotorStorm
    Full Auto
    Tekken 6
    Project Force
    Gundam
    Koei title (Ni-Oh?)
    If the PS3 launches in fall '06 for NA, you can also expect Madden and NBA Live from EA Sports.

Killzone has to be given time especially after the way the original bombed. I hope Guerrilla gets it right this time. I think the PS2 limited them. No excuses with the PS3.

Potential classics like I-8 and WarHawk should launch in 3 month "launch window." (yes, I know MS introduced that term)
    Well Killzone didn't completely bomb. It did sell really decent. It may not have had the ratings 2 be called the halo killer but I actually liked it more then Halo. But anyways your missing Heavenly Sword on the list of launch titles. Other then that the list looks good. And Ni-Oh = Destiny Warrior (i think thats the true title haven't looked at gamespot in a while).

http://profile.xfire.com/ssj12
    PSN: Schnacky
    Join a real clan: http://thebladeclan.com
    http://VGChartz.com the most accurate source for world wide sales tracking.

Aza
    I think if a game goes platinum its officially classed as 'SOLD WELL'.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by janenba352
    Quote Originally Posted by PS Maniac
    My launch predictions

Fight Night 3
    MotorStorm
    Full Auto
    Tekken 6
    Project Force
    Gundam
    Koei title (Ni-Oh?)

Potential classics like I-8 and WarHawk should launch in 3 month "launch window." (yes, I know MS introduced that term)
    Well Killzone didn't completely bomb. It did sell really decent. It may not have had the ratings 2 be called the halo killer but I actually liked it more then Halo. But anyways your missing Heavenly Sword on the list of launch titles. Other then that the list looks good. And Ni-Oh = Destiny Warrior (i think thats the true title haven't looked at gamespot in a while).
    nioh does not equal dynasty warriors. the two games are not the same. i believe koei said that they were making 3 games for the ps3, so that means they only need to announce one more game.

Quote Originally Posted by janenba352
    Ni-oh has a more Japanese style into it... nothing in the video was Chinese. Maybe it's a game based in Japan.

EDIT: What I mean is... It's NOT a Dynasty Warrior game

Dedicated Member
    Metal gear solid will probably be a launch title because they are going to have a playable verion in a german convention this year

Superior Member

The Gundam game.

Thread Information