Page 3 of 110 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman99 View Post
    I am a level 30 Undead Warrior. My guild name is "lost soul of the horde". Great guild as it is very active with Raids taking place usually nightly. My armor rating now is 2175 and my Strength is 148. My current location is the race track out in the middle of nowhere, lol I just can't remember the name of the place. Thats all I really remember off the top of my head as I am at work and I don't have access to my character from here. I am going to try and be at least level 40 by the end of the month so I can at least be that far before the expansion hits next month. I just wish I had of got into this game sooner than later.

p.s. When you take a screen capture in game where does that image go? I took some to post here but can't find them anywhere.
    You have to have photo shop to get into your pictures or another fansy image editing program to convert the files to .jpgs

You go to My Computer >> Program Files >> WoW >> and it is somewhere in there... and then you can make a link to your desktop!

Oh and btw you are in the Shimmering Flats inbetween to 1000 Needles and Taranius!

Don't worry about when you got it, just that you NEED TO BE 60! That is when the game starts, I swear to you this!

justintheman99
    Thanks man! +rep for you. This is what everyone has been telling me that the game only truly starts once you hit level 60. Oh well someday I will get there. Not bad that I got to level 30 in 2 months given the fact I don't have a lot of time these days to play games.

BTW here is my character, Deadlydeed!

Master Guru
    Looks like you are doing very well...

How much gold do you have and what weapon do you use?

justintheman99
    I am playing Air Guitar in the picture. Right now I only have 12G as I bought alot of new gear for when I hit level 31 which will be later on tonight as I only have 1 block left before I level. Once I get level 31 my new weapon does 21.8 DPS which isn't ALL that bad considering I am more PRO armor and specifically market myself as a TANK for my guild. They do the damage from far and I run in and take the hits for everyone. It is my usual routine. I am also saving for a mount as well, considering level 40 is not far off. I would get more specific but I am at work like always.

Master Guru
    I am playing Air Guitar in the picture. Right now I only have 12G as I bought alot of new gear for when I hit level 31 which will be later on tonight as I only have 1 block left before I level. Once I get level 31 my new weapon does 21.8 DPS which isn't ALL that bad considering I am more PRO armor and specifically market myself as a TANK for my guild. They do the damage from far and I run in and take the hits for everyone. It is my usual routine. I am also saving for a mount as well, considering level 40 is not far off. I would get more specific but I am at work like always.
    What are your professions...

Plus once you get to 39 or so you can start running ZF (one of my favorite instances), which nets you some good cash...

Also you need figure out what gear you can get from questiong, rather than spending all your cash flow. I had two methods for saving gold: (1) You can send your gold like 3-5g at a time to an alt every other day(gold sends through the mail instantly) and by the time you you get 40 you will have 100g for your mount or (2) This is if you have some kind of self control, set gold amounts (i.e. once I reached like 1000g I would make it my new zero and never sepnd under that, so in your case make 25g your new zero >> then 50 >> then 75...). You do not have to buy anything until around 40 tbh....

Just trying to help!

justintheman99
    I am a miner/blacksmith, and I really need to further my skills as I suck....

Edit: You should really hop back on as I am sure you could really help me out! BTW did you ever see the WOW South Park episode? Easily the greatest episode ever created, not to mention Blizzard added the Sword of A Thousand Truths to the game!

Master Guru
    I am a miner/blacksmith, and I really need to further my skills as I suck....

Edit: You should really hop back on as I am sure you could really help me out! BTW did you ever see the WOW South Park episode? Easily the greatest episode ever created, not to mention Blizzard added the Sword of A Thousand Truths to the game!
    I cannot hop back on b/c I sold my account/character/CD key, plus I promised myself that I wouldn't play anymore, b/c I do not want to get caught up and start over...

If i started playing again I would go nuts, b/c I gave up a HIGHLY geared character and it wouldn't be the same!

Yes I have seen the episode, it is so true, hense funny!

I will try to find you a mining guide, b/c selling your ore will net you big cash (especially at a lower level, due to higher level players not wanting to venture to those zones...)

MINE EVERYTHING you see... even if you mail it to an alt and then mail it all back later. Just create an alt that starts near a town, send everything to him or just sell it as you go, both ways work well...

I would suggest going, mining/skinng until you get to 60! Not only can you claim different weapons (i.e. Finkles Skinner in UBRS), but you probably need to be engineering later if you are going to be that main tank of your guild! By doing so you can make/utilize certian Resist trinkets.... Also there are guides where you can get to 300 engineering in less than a day if you already have 300 mining!

Just a thought!

Cy

justintheman99
    My mining is really terrible. I am only at 72 I believe for a level 30 character. My problem is I am always questing and I forget about the little things that are important as well.

Master Guru
    My mining is really terrible. I am only at 72 I believe for a level 30 character. My problem is I am always questing and I forget about the little things that are important as well.
    See the difference is doing it as you level or doing later once you are 60...

It is easier to do it as you go, then it doesnt seem like a chore!

Utilize the minimap tracking system to see the little mining nodes as you run from place to place... It can be very profitable...

I mean if you are mining skinning and are running around 1000 needles, everything you kill is a skin, and everywhere you look is a node! YOu just have to be the correct mining level for iron, silver, and some mithril there...

Cy

justintheman99
    Yah I see what you mean for sure. So far I can only mine Copper and Tin so I am sorta limited to what I can do unfortunately. I will make sure I take skinning though as soon as I log on after. Although something tells me it is down tonight for maintenance.....I could be wrong though. Just a hunch....

Master Guru
    Yah I see what you mean for sure. So far I can only mine Copper and Tin so I am sorta limited to what I can do unfortunately. I will make sure I take skinning though as soon as I log on after. Although something tells me it is down tonight for maintenance.....I could be wrong though. Just a hunch....
    You can see the progression:

Barrens = Copper/Tin
    1000 Needles = Iron/Silver/Some Mithril
    Taranis = Truesilver/Mithril/Small Thorium

As you level the regions change with you...

They help you build your skills...

Once you hit 50, you head to Un'Goro - this is where your skinning comes into play. Devilsaur leather sells really well and helps you save for your epic mount. Once you get to 55-56 head to Sithius and kill the Twilight Cultavists. I know it sounds boring to kill those dudes for 5 straight levels, but I can promise you that you will have enough for your epic mount if you do that. They drop twlight texts (1g each), twilight outfits (1-2g each), blues/greens 10-200g, and epics 50-500g...

Plus you can quest and gain valuable rep at the same time!

But everyong has their own style, I just liked having the gold to do what I wanted!

Cy

justintheman99
    I agree with the Gold, as it is always nice to have plenty of it. I usually start off majority of my nights by doing a RAID with my Guild and then killing creatures for awhile. Once I make a minimum of 2G then I go and start doing soem quests. I figured by always doing this I am always gaining money so it was the best way to go about business. I still find that 99% of the time I never EVER have enough money to do what I want. There are weapons right now for my character that totally make mine look like garbage but as if I would have 80G-100G to spare for a SWEET weapon like that!

Master Guru
    I agree with the Gold, as it is always nice to have plenty of it. I usually start off majority of my nights by doing a RAID with my Guild and then killing creatures for awhile. Once I make a minimum of 2G then I go and start doing soem quests. I figured by always doing this I am always gaining money so it was the best way to go about business. I still find that 99% of the time I never EVER have enough money to do what I want. There are weapons right now for my character that totally make mine look like garbage but as if I would have 80G-100G to spare for a SWEET weapon like that!
    Your problem is the economy on your server...

Many characters spend thier free time develpoing characters called twinks, which are alts that are specifically designed for a BG (battle ground). Players intentionally level thier characters to lvl 19 or 29 and then invest in gear that make them perfect. My wink lvl 29 mage had could out last many other players, but had over 1500 gold pumped in it...

By doing this it makes those blues and greens that seem obsolete to most perfect for the market. So when you come across a blue or green, don't get all excited, play smart, maybe think that this item is worth 30g.... MAN i want to use it but then again, I could get the best boots and shield for my level with the 30g.

Its all a numbers game, when you realize what people want that is where you make money... FIND the item that everone wants, is it rune cloth, is it iron ore, is it twilight texts, is it _______________.... Once you find something that is easy for you to get,m that is where the money is...

BE smart, and you will see the game differently then the greedy!

Catch my drift?

Cy

justintheman99
    Yah I catch your drift, now if only I can find items that EVERYONE wants! Usually when I get a sweet item (always better than what I have) I equip it right away in order to make myself stronger.

Master Guru
    Yah I catch your drift, now if only I can find items that EVERYONE wants! Usually when I get a sweet item (always better than what I have) I equip it right away in order to make myself stronger.
    But like I just said, sometimes/often times you are able to not only get a better item geared exactly for you, but you can sometimes get that same item cheaper.

You will tend to see what sells better, ie. of the eagle, of the bear, and others... If YOU know its an amazing item, sometimes you have to sell it to better yourself in the long run.

I can't tell you how to play, but just think before you act...

I had a Hand of Edward the Odd in my inventory for like 3 months before I decided to use it on the Huhu fight for an int buff (I had +22 int on it)...

I was able to do this b/c I had a ton of money, so that is a bad example, but you get my drift...

Cy

justintheman99
    Thanks for all the advice Cyrann as I really appreciate it. I never got to play the last 2 nights as after work both days I was up trying to finish my christmas shopping. Oh well tonight though on the other hand will definately be a WOW night!

Master Guru
    Do you know where the Alterec Valley enterence is at?

If so, If you travel north past the Horde AV zone in you will find a town. Be careful around the town, the MOBs are stealthed and will come out and woop on you... Travel along the road to the west until you start to see snow again! One way you will run into beast looking dudes (YOU DO NOT want this) and the other you will start to see half nake ogre looking dudes.

Start running in circles killing the ogre dudes... I was alble to get like cra*p tons of EXP and decent gold from these MOBs...

It has been a long time since i was leve 31, but I think thats where I soloed until it was time for Taranis. You must find places like that, where you can kill fast and constant.

BEFORE you head there make sure to get some food to eat whilke you recover... I think it was kill>>kill>>kill>rest>>repeat...

I'm not 100% sure it was that level, but for some reason I think it was!

Cy

$e73n
    WoW has to be the most edictive game i have ever played. I started at release and just didn't stop till a month ago, i BETA tested Burning Crusade as my last contribution to the game. I to as an above poster sold my accound to buy 2 x PS3's. I had a Rank 14 Undead Warlock as my main and 8 other lvl 60 char's on the account. I had my fun but it really is a game for people with no life. The guild i ws in had a few in-real life freinds and they were big time into raiding, where as i was more PVP. The guy who was the main tank for the raid group was playing around 60-70 hours a week, and he was in a right mess with his life. But i am sure it will keep people going for a long long time to come. Especially seen as it takes longer to get to lvl 70 than it did to get to lvl 60 ( even AOE grinding with my mage that i got to 60 in /played 7days 10 hours, a record of mine )

But hey i got my life back now and 2 x PS3's which i am currently selling the second in the UK D . But good luck to all the WoW players i wish them well, just dont get to involved with it !!!

Master Guru
    Rank 14 before or after the caster gear upgrade?

justintheman99
    Yes the game can be extremely addictive. I havn't played in the last 2 days and only play roughly 1-2 hours each night then finish off my night with a good hockey game (after all I am Canadian!). It is one game I WILL NOT let myself get addicted to as I don't want to lose my social life. It also helps for me that I have a very caring g/f who would get extremely pissed if I were to waste away my life on that game. Since I hear so much nowadays of people selling characters perhaps I will do that once I FINALLY get that high and can of course luck into some sweet gear!

Master Guru
    I hate to burst your bubble, you will not be getting the best gear unless you deticate multiple hours of your night raiding weeks on end...

Not only do you have to be trusted and liked, but the guilds that are able to complete the content you want to want/need (or like I had), you have to give up alot of time...

Thats why I quit and wuill never play again...

Only help people gain power!

(If you do not believe me ask the other poster that joined the thread!)

B/C MoltenCore is nothing anymore, my guild took 20 players and sent them towards Luci/MAg and send the other 20 towars Sulf/Barron to cut down on time... I mean thats where people are going to end up but we had been doing for a long time... Its nice once you start getting throug AQ and into Naxx...

justintheman99
    Do you know if it has been confirmed if anyone snagged the Sword of A Thousand Truths yet? What else is crazy abot this sword is that you are able to weild 2 of them!

Master Guru
    Do you know if it has been confirmed if anyone snagged the Sword of A Thousand Truths yet? What else is crazy abot this sword is that you are able to weild 2 of them!
    HAHA a little Southpark humor, but that does not exisit...

Some GM weapons are pretty nuts, and if you search hard enough there are videos!

Oh well, I wasn't trying to be mean...

justintheman99
    Doesn't exist?!? I could of swore I read an article on thotbot saying it was added to the game in the last update.

$e73n
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrann View Post
    Rank 14 before or after the caster gear upgrade?
    I was one of the first rank 14's on my server after release then i re-ranked after the new caster gear. 1 on 1 a warlock in sick gear can not be beaten, if the player is only half decent, if he is good then you will look stupid no matter how good you are. When i got the rank 14 new caster gear i was comfortably taking 2 and 3 at a time on my own with a succy out, it kind of ruined it a bit, it was to easy. I will see if i can dig out a video i have somewhere of me 1 shotting a hunter for just over 4500 damage

Thread Information