Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 110 111 ... LastLast
    justintheman99

The Official World of Warcraft Thread!

If you have any questions or concerns about the game this is the place to ask them!

I recently just purchased this game and I must say it is totally amazing. I am already a level 15 undead warrior and my name is Deadlydeed incase someone wanted to add me to their friends list. Are there any other members here who play this game? If so what is your character name and what level are you?

Also maybe this would be a great place to show off images of your character perhaps!

Let the discussion begin...

Update:

Last edited by Black; 08-16-2012 at 21:00.

Master Guru
    IT is the most addicting game of all time, STAY AWAY!

2 years in the toilet...

Only good thing is that this (below):

Sold for $800 dollars and paid for my PS3, controller, and games!

justintheman99
    OK I am missing something here. What exactly did you sell for $800?!?

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman99 View Post
    OK I am missing something here. What exactly did you sell for $800?!?
    I sold my account... the user name and password!

You know how you have to sign in?

Well I sold him how to sign into my account.... He x-fered servers and is now playing my character with his friends. All he had to do was change the password after I cut all my credit card info...

Woowoooooooooooooooo! $800!

justintheman99
    Holy how did you ever pull something like that off anyways? That is crazy, you must of had a level 60 character with some very very good gear. Insane, mayeb I should build up a character and sell him.

Master Guru
    Holy how did you ever pull something like that off anyways? That is crazy, you must of had a level 60 character with some very very good gear. Insane, mayeb I should build up a character and sell him.
    I couldn't be touched in the game, I had a shaman with almost +600 damage with LBs that cost like 180 mana and did over 2400 damage...

I had over 70 game days in the character, and he had over 70 epics and 5 of the rarest 10...

HE WAS UNREAL, and porbably the most fun I ever had...

The account also had a lvl 60 warrior that could tank nef and over 1200g on another server...

He got them both...

And I got $800....

IT TAKES ALOT OF TIME AND ALOT OF FRIENDS TO GET THERE!

justintheman99
    Wow that is insane! Did you ever acquire any orange items by any chance?

Master Guru
    Wow that is insane! Did you ever acquire any orange items by any chance?
    I had the opportunity to get a Sulfurs Hand of Rag, but passed it to a guildie b/c I was elemental speced and I already had a TuF/Finkles and a couple other weapons for my shaman...

I was next on the list for Ashlkendi (spelling) or Sulfurs on my warrior, but I retired!

justintheman99
    Well I hope to someday make that status in the game. As of now I am insanely addicted and play for hours everynight after work. Actually now that I have this game I rarely play my 360. I stopped playing WOW for 4 days in order to severely play the heck out of Gears of War. Now it is back to WOW until I get more games for my 360 at christmas time. So any tips you could possibly give a beginner to the game? I am a total newb...

Master Guru
    Well I hope to someday make that status in the game. As of now I am insanely addicted and play for hours everynight after work. Actually now that I have this game I rarely play my 360. I stopped playing WOW for 4 days in order to severely play the heck out of Gears of War. Now it is back to WOW until I get more games for my 360 at christmas time. So any tips you could possibly give a beginner to the game? I am a total newb...
    WHAT server are you on?
    -------------------------------

Here is my advice:

(1.) Find a guild that is fun to play with and move up the ranks. By doing so not only will you make friends, but you will be liked...

(2.) YOUR MAIN GOAL IN WOW now is to hit 60 as fast as possible (I can do it in 10 game played days on any character), it just comes later...

(3.) Dont be a power hungry and greedy, find ways to manipulate the system. You can do this by taking advantage of players or finding glitches/downswings in the wow economy...

(4.) Sell every green you get that doesnt help you even the level 5 ones...check AH for prices...

(4.5) Be mining/skinning professions until you hit 60 and SELL ALL ORE AND LEATHER YOU FIND!

(5.) Help people, you never know when it will come full circle. You will be able to better guage what its of value to you later...But now make friends...

(6.) Never beg for anything...

(7.) LEVEL LEVEL LEVEL, you know nothing until you are 60 and I would recommend trying to make it there b4 the TBC comes out... 40 man instances turn into 20 mans and alot of content will become common...

(8.) Ask here/PM me if you have questions...

(9.) When you are level 55-56 go to Silithus and kill Twilight Dudes until 60, by doing so you will not only gain much need rep, but also have enoug money to buy your Epic mount... Plus if you level there you WILL find and epic, it happend on every one of my new 60's...

(10.) http://www.wow-loot.com/warrior.htm -- look at this site to start... IT WILL HELP you alot...

Cyrann

justintheman99
    Wow great advice man thanks! Yah I am trying my hardest to level as fast as I can. I am constantly just killing enemies as well as doing quests. A few times I accompanied friends I made into areas where I shouldn't of been due to my low level. They being level 60 just totally eliminated any threat of me being killed. I looted all the corpses and sold all of it on auction and made roughly 7 gold. Not bad having that kind of cash within one game session as a level 15 I think.

Master Guru
    Wow great advice man thanks! Yah I am trying my hardest to level as fast as I can. I am constantly just killing enemies as well as doing quests. A few times I accompanied friends I made into areas where I shouldn't of been due to my low level. They being level 60 just totally eliminated any threat of me being killed. I looted all the corpses and sold all of it on auction and made roughly 7 gold. Not bad having that kind of cash within one game session as a level 15 I think.
    7g is a decent amount at level 15, but I was kind of an anomaly when it came to gold making...I'm not trying to make my head bigger, but I was able to make 200-500g a day and my record being 1376g, but those were redic sessions... Keep your eye on certain items b/c people like to make level 19 twinks (lvl 19 battle ground alts) and pay over 70g for some low level greens and blues...

Also find the items that no one wants to take the time to farm and do that for them... Or farm stuff that you are 100% sure that it is going to sell (twilight texts, twilight suits, essences, leather, ore, reagents, etc).. thats ur best bet!

Learn the system and level, level, level...

ALSO when they are with you dont party with them, find stuff that is level like 17 and get the first two hits and have them finish it off, then you get max EXP for how much damage you delt, not that it just died!

justintheman99
    Well I was planning on returning to the key area I recently visited with my level 60 buds and collect more weapons, armor, etc that I can't even use until at least level 30. I just sell everything I get on auction and fairly good prices after some research.

Do you still play though? If so I would party with you on your next login. You could show me a lot of things I bet. That way I could learn from a more experienced player rather than on my own.

Master Guru
    Well I was planning on returning to the key area I recently visited with my level 60 buds and collect more weapons, armor, etc that I can't even use until at least level 30. I just sell everything I get on auction and fairly good prices after some research.

Do you still play though? If so I would party with you on your next login. You could show me a lot of things I bet. That way I could learn from a more experienced player rather than on my own.
    Sorry as I said before I sold my account...

What server are you on and are you Alliance or Horde?

www.worldofwarcraft.com = Read your Realm information, character, and complaints... you will learn alot!

Apprentice
    I played WoW since open beta for about 1 and a half years before I quit. My main was a lvl 60 NE hunter fully geared with epics, but RL stepped in and I decided to quit the game.

I still get urges to go back since I still have my account, and at times I'm seriously considering doing that once Burning Crusade launches, but then I slap myself in the face and the urge passes. Good game overall, just became too time consuming for my liking in the end.

Superior Member

Nooooo, not World of Warcrack!!! I know a few people who have become vegetables because of this game. I'm not knocking you all, but I prefer the old fashioned FPS's; frag for an hour or three, and then log off. Not play for 24 hours straight :P

Apprentice
    Yess. Please stay away from this game. Really addicting. I screwed up 2 years of my life

Here is my Undead Mage

justintheman99
    I would post a pic of my character but I am only level 16 as I just started. Although I do play every chance I get and I am climbing the levels rather quickly. I'll post a pic in roughly a months time.

Master Guru
    Do a /played and tell my your game played days...

Thrillseeker, what was you time to 60?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrann View Post
    Do a /played and tell my your game played days...

Thrillseeker, what was you time to 60?

166 Days, 3 hours 40 minutes. LOL.. I am such a loser. I really love this game. I still have love for this game. But thankfully i finally quit, broke the addiction

I might go back when the expansion comes out. This is why i am buying PS3. i want get into console, so i dont have to go back. I am forcing myself not to go back.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrillSeeker View Post
    166 Days, 3 hours 40 minutes. LOL.. I am such a loser. I really love this game. I still have love for this game. But thankfully i finally quit, broke the addiction

I might go back when the expansion comes out. This is why i am buying PS3. i want get into console, so i dont have to go back. I am forcing myself not to go back.
    I know all about total time, m ine was like 80 on each lvl 60 character...

HOW long did it take you to get to 60....

Days till sixty not total!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrann View Post
    I know all about total time, m ine was like 80 on each lvl 60 character...

HOW long did it take you to get to 60....

Days till sixty not total!

Well it took me a month to hit 60. I had a job, so i couldnt play much. But After i hit 60, I played hardcore. Got into 1 of the top guild in the server. Thats when i got addicted. Raiding all the times. I am also exalted with like 9 Faction.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrillSeeker View Post
    Well it took me a month to hit 60. I had a job, so i couldnt play much. But After i hit 60, I played hardcore. Got into 1 of the top guild in the server. Thats when i got addicted. Raiding all the times. I am also exalted with like 9 Faction.
    Yeah I was exalted with 7 and revered with 4...

I loved that game...

IT just sucked trying to get gear from mages/locks....

justintheman99
    I played again last night for like 4 hours. Went to level 17 and completed more quests. The game is so addicting it is crazy! I had a guy come up to me last night and give me a nice blue weapon for NO REASON at all. He said here yah go I don't need it anymore so enjoy it and walked away. It was worth at least 20G and like 6x more powerful than my current weapon. If I remember later I will post the stats on it. But I am forgetful.....

Master Guru
    See what goes around comes back around...

Thats the life man...and it doesnt really matter what you use starting out, but a weapon that helps you kill faster is the way you go...

What are you speccing into?

Thread Information