Thread: Makai Kingdom

Veteran

Makai Kingdom

Say hello to my new addiction.

Makai kingdom is everything that Disgaea got write and nothing that Phantom Brave did wrong. It is funny as ever and extremely fun and challenging.

They really beefed up the special effects, and now the default is a little more zoomed out than NIS's past games and it doesn't suffer from framerate issues when zoomed out anymore.

If you haven't played Disgaea, I highly recommend you pick it up first. Makai Kingdom, while an independant story, does fit well into the same universe. In addition, some of the hidden bosses and monsters are from Disgaea and La Pucell
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This is a personal communication and in no way represents the official or unofficial views or opinions of my employer.

Anthony Hanses - Owner - Colloquy LLC

Master Sage
    sounds good but i never played either of them. where did you get it because i havent seen one either. what is it about?

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!
    The night was never so fearfull....

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by soldier one
    sounds good but i never played either of them. where did you get it because i havent seen one either. what is it about?
    In disgaea you play the overlord of the netherword, Laharl. You just woke up after a 2 year slumber to find out that your dad has vanished and thus you are the new overlord. You basically spend the whole game fighting off the competition, but that is the basic part.

It is filled with some of the best comedy I have seen in a video game to date. It also has more replay value than any game I have played since the original pacman. Every time you beat the game you can start over with your same squad of characters that you fully created and customized. It has a ton of endings and hidden levels to party through.

No worries about starting over and storming through the game either. You can just go to the Dark Council and make the enemies stronger (and more profitable).

To spice things up even further, you can hop into your items and battle upwards of 100 floors of progressively more difficult enemies and make your items stronger in the process

Below are a couple of parts of the game I really loved, don't read if you want the full pleasure of playing

[spoiler:cb2dffffa5]Mid way through an early chapter your 2 main characters, Etna and Laharl enter a new level. Right as you walk in 3 power ranger like characters appear and start giving you crap. The red one orders the other 2 to "transform". During the transformation, Etna whips out a gun and shoots both of them. This is followed up by some great "You weren't supposed to do that" dialog[/spoiler:cb2dffffa5]

[spoiler:cb2dffffa5]At another point in the game several main characters are talking about the most evil thing they could do. One of the pops out with something along the lines of "Release a horribly addictive Video Game on the people of the world"... Nothing like just shattering that forth wall for pure fun[/spoiler:cb2dffffa5]
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This is a personal communication and in no way represents the official or unofficial views or opinions of my employer.

Master Sage
    wow a game you can play over again and is funny, sounds like a game for me. thanks for refering it im going to have to look for it when i go get madden or sooner.

VOTE FOR JOHN McCAIN!
    The night was never so fearfull....

Veteran
    Best of luck finding a copy of Disgaea. Used copies are basically non-existant in part due to the replayability of the game.

It came out almost 2 years ago so it is out of print too...

EBGames doesn't even list it anymore.
    Gamestop lists it as back-ordered and for $45.00

It sells on Ebay for upwards of $100

Master Poster
    OMG i love Disgaea, its great!
    Its soooo funny, and the amount of things you can do in it as well, theres so many things to do, and the levels are great, this would be great on PSP.

Ive not heard much of Makai Kingdom though.

hehe, this is the first post ive seen you start in ages
    I have no signature.
    No, really, i don't. You're just imagining this.

Veteran
    oh my god I love this game. I have both Disgaea and la Pucelle tactics. I going to get the last 3 game made bynippon ichi company. I hope they port some to the psp.

Thread Information