Elite Sage

Resi Evil 4 release date Confirmed!!!

Resident Evil 4 Date Confirmed
    It's official. New PS2 horror is coming sooner than you think.
    by Jeremy Dunham
    August 3, 2005 - After noticing that several online retailers had begun listing the PlayStation 2 version of Resident Evil 4 for October 25, we placed a call to Capcom representatives for an official word. Luckily, we got one and reps did confirm that Resident Evil 4 will be shipping to North American retailers on October 25 -- less than a week before Halloween.

Check back with us soon for more on Resident Evil 4 in just a few weeks
    http://ps2.ign.com/articles/638/638847p1.html

that is WAAAAY earlier than i thought

I thought Resi Evil 4 was going to be released in late November
    Better news for us anyway.
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

Apprentice

Hoho. This is perfect news for me.
    Future PSN Id:InTheMystOfAWiseman.
    Future PSN Handle: Kain Amenderra.
    Now Playing:Onimusha Dawn of Dreams.
    Anticipating: Pirates of the Carribean Deadmans Chest.

Elite Sage
    i'm sorry but if Resident Evil 4 doesn't halt you from considering getting a Xbox 360 i don't know what will.
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

I thought it was coming out earlier actually.. haha Darn *goes to the corner and crys*

Apprentice

I am stoked about the radiation gun, used to eradicate the Plagas from human host, returning them to normal. Among the many other extras. GOOD news for me. 3 months ago, judging by what pics they showed, I can tell they had finised porting long ago, I guess these months are for adding extras, touching up and polishing. YAY

I already have the Gamecube version which should be technically "a lil bit" graphically superior to the PS2 version. What other significant differences are there for the PS2 RE4. Are they good enough to warrant another purchase from someone who already owns a GC RE4?

Cliff Bleszinski(Gears of War) on David Jaffe's God of War: I warn you, though, if you play God of War, other games aren't as good anymore. It's like eating a really good steak, and then going back to Sizzler.

Apprentice
    It has extra content... which I don't remember off the top of my head.

Can't wait for release, I haven't played an RE game since RE3, and that one was way too short...

Elite Sage
    Hope this helps... a little.

RESIDENT EVIL 4 PS2 EXTRAS
    Posted: 10:55 on 06 Jul 2005
    By: Chris Leyton

Capcom confirm exclusive content for the return of Resident Evil on the Playstation...

Unconfirmed reports have today suggested that Capcom’s forthcoming Resident evil 4 Playstation2 port will contain exclusive extras over the GameCube release.

If Japanese reports are to be believed then the game will feature five new stages in the Assignment Ada mode, while new weapons and items throughout the main mode are also promised.

Resident Evil 4 is scheduled for a European release towards the end of the year; we’ll have further information soon.
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

Dedicated Member
    This is great I've been looking forward to this, if RE4 hadn't been announced for the PS2 I would have bought a GC to play it.

Elite Sage
    i was going to get RE4 for Gcube, but when i found out about the extra content i had to get the PS2 version.
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

Not enough extras for me to buy another copy of RE4. And for those who've never heard/played RE4. You're missing on one of the best action adventure games of the year 2005!!! A must play and wait till you see some of the interactive cinemas in this game, they'll blow your mind when you're done with them!

Will RE4 be up there when the IGN/Gamespot "Best games of 2005" are announced. You bet your behind it will!

Cliff Bleszinski(Gears of War) on David Jaffe's God of War: I warn you, though, if you play God of War, other games aren't as good anymore. It's like eating a really good steak, and then going back to Sizzler.

I went to know what's new in this game. I have the gamecube one. I don't feel like rebuying the same thing if there nothing new to it.

Awseome. its about time. i actualy missed it. . . .
    >>White Chocolate rocks!!<<
    ~~Why do you read? Reading gives you knowledge, and knowledge is power, and power leads to corruption, and corruption is a crime, and when you comit a crime you go to prison. IF YOU KEEP READING YOU WILL GO TO PRISON!!!!~~

Quote Originally Posted by MGSfan
    This is great I've been looking forward to this, if RE4 hadn't been announced for the PS2 I would have bought a GC to play it.

same thing here

but i JUSt borrowed my friends GC to play the game just played a bit of the game...when i heard about the ps2 version i called my friend and said: ok take ur GC i dun need it anymore

I was looking at some screenshots for the PS2 version on 1up. And I'm afraid to say that the texture quality has really taken a big hit when ported over to the PS2. More noticably in the screenshots where lots of villagers are attacking you, look at the faces of the villagers. For some reason, I'm feeling blessed for the day I bought a GC only for this series. By the way, the GC controller is good. Which honestly, I'd never expected from Nintendo but it is indeed a very nice controller to play RE series.

Well, that may change with PS3 and all these limitations will be gone for RE5 and it may possibly turn out to be superior of the two platforms its landing on (just speculating).

Quote Originally Posted by The Chocobo Kid
    I went to know what's new in this game. I have the gamecube one. I don't feel like rebuying the same thing if there nothing new to it.
    well, whats new with the ps2 version is that it will have a new gun that kills the bug things in the villegers(I forgot what they were called)so they will die in one hit.There will also be some extra levels added to the mini games.But I probably wont buy it again.My brother will though.
    Under Promise,over deliver???

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Damnit
    I was looking at some screenshots for the PS2 version on 1up. And I'm afraid to say that the texture quality has really taken a big hit when ported over to the PS2. More noticably in the screenshots where lots of villagers are attacking you, look at the faces of the villagers. For some reason, I'm feeling blessed for the day I bought a GC only for this series. By the way, the GC controller is good. Which honestly, I'd never expected from Nintendo but it is indeed a very nice controller to play RE series.

Well, that may change with PS3 and all these limitations will be gone for RE5 and it may possibly turn out to be superior of the two platforms its landing on (just speculating).
    I'd have to agree. The PS2 version may not look " bad "

But the game has REALLY taken a hit when it comes to lighting, partical effects and most likely framerate.

I've played it enough on the GC controller to make it perfect!

RE4 on a Dual Shock?! Thats pure evil.

I'll wait and read the reviews for the PS2 version first, just want to make sure it's good.
    "We're All Afraid Of The Dark Inside Ourselves"

Thread Information