Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    LOL i get you chop chop hehehehe. I think it makes it easier to read, sorry guys ill change it to a more normal look .

OR

ILL

ATLEAST

TRY!

WII FRIEND CODE = 5509 0447 7406 7959

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dasimpse View Post
    Im getting this feeling from many sony fans, that i dont know, its fine to make excuses all the time.

The problem with sony fans argument here, is that at this time, MS have a much better service, software line up, and games.

yet people are buying the system and defending it saying it will get better. Of course it will but its bound to get a flagging ,if another system at the time of launch, is better than it.

What worries me are the people just saying that it will happen, how do you guys know that they will add background downloading?

The music thing is just pathetic, This is sony, a company heavilly involved in music, and they havnt implemented your own music in the background!

all im saying is, i dont get why people go out and buy an inferioir product and say "it will get better"

why not wait for it to get better and then buy the thing!

I honestly find it ahrd to believe that everyone has bought a ps3 for resistence, especially after slating the xbox for being a FPS box.

Why not wait till the sick titles hit in? you will probs get better deals, better consoles in terms of less problems and better firmware etc.

SOny ran their mouth about free online, and its biting them in the butt now.

Ive not felt any real hype for the ps3 on this forum since its launch, or from nearly every single source ive been to.

The potential is there, im not saying that, its GOING to be brilliant, but this is defo the worse console launch ive ever experienced in all my years of gaming, its up their with the saturn! lol

its getting a pasting in nearly every department from a console thats supposedly got a year old tech in it.

Im sorry but i remember leffy saying, last year, that the 360 was "Supposed to be next gen" and "how cant anext gen console do background downloading" "its supposed to have a triple core cpu in it" etc etc etc.

Its Time for some justice, and sony deserves this, and so do the sony fans that run their gums acting like sony was going to deliver a 360 beater from day one.

it honestly cracks me up now how the argument has changed from, "Live is going to get its ass kicked" to "Live is 5 years old, what do you expect, The service is FREE"

Well ill keep happilly paying for xbox live as it DELIVERS!

Im not even getting onto no cross game invites, or EVEN CHAT!!!!! not even being able to read a message while you play a game???

You can probably see im a little dissapointed!
    Why bother write all that stuff up when you could have concluded that in 3 words. Get Xbox360 people. sigh, you bought Xbox360 because you knew there would be games you will like on it. Just like people are buying the PS3 because they know there will be alot of games on it that they like. Its not up to you to decide what others should buy.

I'll be happily playing PS3 online when I get mine somewhere next year, since it actually delivers all I need, online gaming that is free. Thank you Sony.

Why is free online biting them in the butt now? They have delivered it, what is your point? You haven't even touched the network and you seem to act like you have played it.

EDIT: I might add that why should I care about messages on my PS3? I don't buy a console to have universal chats going on. I rather play online without hearing people talk, but thats just me. Not seeing messages while you are in game? Not like I will ever read them, I have a PC for online chatting.

Live delivers to those who really want these services, but all I look for is gameplay, I don't pay for my ISP monthly to have another payment on top of it. Not like Live is much to pay for but its matter of principle.

Forum Sage
    Erm ive been playing the ps3 all day today!! Whats your point man? I can tell you first hand that the online sucks soooo bad! its worse than xbox1 live

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dasimpse View Post
    Erm ive been playing the ps3 all day today!! Whats your point man? I can tell you first hand that the online sucks soooo bad! its worse than xbox1 live
    Somehow I doubt that you have a PS3.

Its pretty contradicting that you say the online sucks when people say the online simply rocks especially in resistance, 40 people online, no lag.

Now you come out and say I been playing PS3 whole day and the online sucks soo baaad! Who to believe.

Forum Sage
    did i say i HAD a ps3, no i said ive been playing one all day.

When i say online its not just about a game, im on about the whole network, the way things are done.

For your knowledge a good friend of mine who i employed, my padawan haha, left my store to manage a store under the chain of ninja games. HE has a ps3 and i was invited to his house to play it.

You can insult me all you want, but he is SO dissapointed in it, i made him feel better by saying that he has bought an investment, and he could sell it quickly.

the ps3 "LOOKS" so damn sexy, like i said in another thread, its big but got the curves in all the right places, like a hot booty mama!

I played Reistence(v good) and played motorstorm demo, and even watched him play Gundamn and nearly threw up! lol

Does resistence have voice support? No Can you even read a message that a friend sends you? no, can you cross game invite? no

Look your making me diss the ps3 badly now, but at present it does suck in comparison to another console out there, I believe it will surpass the 360 with games in the future, but the online is lacking.

Why are you so angry at me for making these statements, in my oppinon, and his, and MANY other sources, they are true.

I am a gamer deep down and i cant WAIT to get a ps3, well i can, lol, i just want one so bad, when the games are there that i want, and when that is it will be accepted into my home and treated with so much respect you cant imagine

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    The inferior product can do a lot that the competing consoles can't.
    The only thing that the Ps3 can do that the 360 can't is play a format (Blu-ray), that if you consider Sony's track record will probably be dead/obsolete in 2 years.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankari View Post
    Somehow I doubt that you have a PS3.

Its pretty contradicting that you say the online sucks when people say the online simply rocks especially in resistance, 40 people online, no lag.

Now you come out and say I been playing PS3 whole day and the online sucks soo baaad! Who to believe.
    I have my doubts that Resistance online will be the average PS3 online experience. Sony absolutely needed Resistance to be their flagship launch title in every way possible. They knew that the only way to get good performance with 40 players online would be dedicated servers. And it's a smart thing to do. It would have been devastating for them to have a laggy experience on top of the missing features that the service does not have currently.

Resistance is on its own little island at the moment in the online space. That's great for those playing it. I just do not believe that every game will run on dedicated servers as it can be cost prohibitive. For first party titles, I could see it being a requirement since Sony can foot some of the bill.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

mm04

/\ssassin
    Quote Originally Posted by mjolnirV View Post
    The only thing that the Ps3 can do that the 360 can't is play a format (Blu-ray), that if you consider Sony's track record will probably be dead/obsolete in 2 years.

do you have some unrefutable proof for that?

Knuckles126
    That was a good read indeed. I must say, people need to stop getting offended just because a guy has a negative opinion with the PS3. He has alot of valid points, and it would be foolish to consider the PS3 as "perfect", because it is far from it.

From a software perspective, PS3 really is playing catch up with the 360. However, from a hardware perspective, the PS3 dominates. The question you have to ask yourself is, does it pay more to be a software company or hardware company in the gaming industry?

Rune_74
    Hmmm according to the new york times online is not that good....

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles126 View Post
    That was a good read indeed. I must say, people need to stop getting offended just because a guy has a negative opinion with the PS3. He has alot of valid points, and it would be foolish to consider the PS3 as "perfect", because it is far from it.

From a software perspective, PS3 really is playing catch up with the 360. However, from a hardware perspective, the PS3 dominates. The question you have to ask yourself is, does it pay more to be a software company or hardware company in the gaming industry?

Excellent Post Knuckles, +rep for you.

people buy software thats just how it is. let me make an EXTREME example! i could go out tomorrow buy an intel conroe 4 gigs of ram and 2 G80's max out everything, you know spend about 5 grand on a pc. Now what would happen if all i was playing was pong and a really bad online.

Or i could have an average pc, playing games like half life 2 very well. With geat online, teamspeak etc for online chat.

Now thats a very extreme exaguration, and im not saying the ps3 is like the first option. Im just saying that people would choose software over hardware. Thats been true for years now. The ps2 was the weakest out of all the last gen consoles, but it wa the most successfull, due to its wide variaty of titles.

Things are changing massively, smackdown vs raw is on xbox for the first time, many titles are going to xbox aswell, resi 5, plus great new ip's from capcom/bioware etc

Both consoles will be brilliant, im just having a better time with the 360's software, and im talking about how the online works etc.

this could all change though, as software constantly evolves, even if the hardware never changes. This is no where near over, the ps3 is infintile, fresh to the market, it needs to grow, but its going against a pretty well grown teenager thats equpped with some pretty good Bow making skills/nunchuck skills.

discuit
    Quote Originally Posted by /\ssassin View Post
    do you have some unrefutable proof for that?

haHAHAHAhahahahhaa.

Sorry I imagined this guy saying that. ahahahaha gosh th eps3 fans are up in arms

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofallpie View Post
    I'll never get a console at launch, ever. The lineups are average to bad, things are not well fleshed out, and prices are high.
    The N64 launch was pretty rad, same with the Xbox and the Dreamcast.
    Avatar credit goes to Mik2121 of NeoGAF

/\ssassin
    Quote Originally Posted by discuit View Post
    haHAHAHAhahahahhaa.

Sorry I imagined this guy saying that. ahahahaha gosh th eps3 fans are up in arms
    That was pretty quick to take a picture of yourself and post it

Knuckles126
    Quote Originally Posted by exYle View Post
    The N64 launch was pretty rad, same with the Xbox and the Dreamcast.
    Speaking of old sparky, lol, the Dreamcast was the only console I ever purchased at launch. I've always been a big SEGA fan, and still am to this day.

Rune_74
    Hmm this is getting full of defensive people, kind of lost what the thread was about now I think.

There is no denying at all that live is better then the sony mish mash approach

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rune_74 View Post
    See the problem is when you promise the world and don't live up to it.
    You mean like how J.Allard promised standard wireless controllers and standard hard drives with the 360 ??
    http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/I_C_PEE.png

Master Guru
    Now I need to know: where did you find this? I'm searching on the NY times site and can't find it.
    Avatar credit goes to Mik2121 of NeoGAF

discuit
    Quote Originally Posted by /\ssassin View Post
    That was pretty quick to take a picture of yourself and post it

smooth............................................ ..

Superior Member
    That's bad. Hopefully when I have enough money to buy one it'll be fixed.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Woogie View Post
    You mean like how J.Allard promised standard wireless controllers and standard hard drives with the 360 ??
    Yeah, just like that.

I honestly hope all the people that worked overtime at their job to save up to get a PS3 like Ken Kutaragi suggested are satisfied with their purchase.

Superior Member
    He should have compared a launch 360 (pre updates) to his shiny new PS3.

Over the past year MS has added a lot of functionality to the 360 so perhaps a comparison should be done in a year from now when the PS3 has had a couple of firmware updates of its own.

The one thing I will agree with though is the comments on the delayed launch. This machine was initially promised in spring so with such a delay Sony could have done a better with the extra 6 odd months they had.
    They are not new to this business so excuses don't fly with me I'm afraid.
    Necrophillia:The uncontrollable urge to crack open a cold one.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Woogie View Post
    He might actually be talking about Dual HDMI 1080p outputs and the built in routing functionality.
    Necrophillia:The uncontrollable urge to crack open a cold one.

Master Poster

all the ps3 fans are right, lets wait another year before we compair the two systems.
    lets keep waiting for the ps3 to catch up.

did sony ever say the next gen started, did anyone hear it at a launch party or something. we got to remember next gen dosn't start untill they say it does.

come on, seriously it's starting to get old.

Rune_74
    Heheheh average consumer please wait while we catch up.

Thread Information