Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    like.no.other
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLoser View Post
    Been a lurker for a while. I thought PS1 and PS2 were pretty good machines, and I also liked the first Xbox too. (Didn't like Gamecube.) So I envisioned Sony and MicroSoft a battle of console equals.

Today, the balance has shifted, and I'm sorry to say, MicroSoft is in the driver's seat.

Yes, I own both an Xbox 360 and a PS3, got the PS3 on launch day. And I am terribly disappointed in the PS3. After opening up the package, the PS3 looks great. It's heavy, it oozes quality, it looks awesome. Really does look futuristic -- way better than Xbox 360 styling, that's for sure.

But the party ends there. Reality sets in quick.

Even trying to get the PS3 hooked up was frustrating. You soon learn Sony forgot to include the HDTV cables -- and don't get me started on the controllers. Why the heck does Sony require me to plug in these damn wireless controllers for syncing? Compare this to the Xbox 360 -- all you have to do is push a button on the 360 controller, and boom -- connected. No fuss, no muss. Plus the Xbox 360 controller lighting is a real nice plus.

Also, what about using regular batteries for the Sony controllers? If you can use them, I didn't see how. Xbox makes it so much easier, as they give you the plastic housing for regular AA batteries as well as a rechargable unit. Why didn't Sony do this?

From there, the PS3 only gets much worse. It was a serious pain trying to get HDTV working correctly, and the console software looks totally unfinished and rushed. Plus there really is no seamless interface -- everything is separated into confusing selections. It's one big jumble. The Xbox 360 is vastly superior on this score -- just push one button on the Xbox 360 controller (the middle one) and quick as a flash, you're taken to the Dashboard and can seamlessly flip through the Dashboard to change anything you need. Then you can change settings, email friends, download stuff, sign in to Live -- I am not exaggerating when I say the Xbox 360 is way way WAY more polished than the Playstation 3 in this regard.

Indeed, even as I sit here now, thinking about it, I can't even remeber the steps I needed to take to change the HD settings, and then get to online features. It's such a jumble -- and very depressing.

But I haven't even written about the worst of it. Online gameplay. I couldn't find anything at all to do online with the PS3. I understood the Sony online system was free, which I thought was a big plus. But there's um, no system, no infrastructure -- or if there is, I sure as heck couldn't find it. Maybe it's me, but I'm at a loss how Sony's online component is going to work. Compared to Xbox 360 -- the Playstation 3 just gets absolutely destroyed in this regard. See, with the Xbox 360, all I did was select "join Xbox Live," put in contact information, and that's it -- I was online and immediately able to join games.

I still don't know what Sony's service is, or how to take advantage of it. Doesn't look like a damn thing's been done. I haven't played an online game with the PS3 since I got it.

In sum: the PS3 is a unbelievable disappointment. I understand it's a new system and Xbox has been out for a year. I get that. But man, once you get past the PS3's pretty exterior, it's one big, fat, unfinished, rushed mess. From controllers to hookup to console programs to online play, the PS3 is simply not ready for primetime.

Sony has a ton of work to do to get this thing up to par. A ton. Frankly, I don't think the PS3 should have been released. I just don't think it's finished -- or ready for the retail market.

Flame away if you want. I'm no M$ fanboy, but I am telling you straight up -- the Xbox 360 is superior in every way to the PS3. And I'm mad I wasted money on the PS3 at this point.

One other thing: was the PS3 bundle supposed to come with some kind of online communicator or head/earpiece? Because if it was, my box didn't have one. What's up with that?
    Here we go...another one of those "long time lurkers" who join just to post flame bait. Two in one evening that I've seen anyway...what are the chances?
    Phat boy gone slim!

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLoser View Post
    Been a lurker for a while. I thought PS1 and PS2 were pretty good machines, and I also liked the first Xbox too. (Didn't like Gamecube.) So I envisioned Sony and MicroSoft a battle of console equals.

Today, the balance has shifted, and I'm sorry to say, MicroSoft is in the driver's seat.

Yes, I own both an Xbox 360 and a PS3, got the PS3 on launch day. And I am terribly disappointed in the PS3. After opening up the package, the PS3 looks great. It's heavy, it oozes quality, it looks awesome. Really does look futuristic -- way better than Xbox 360 styling, that's for sure.

But the party ends there. Reality sets in quick.

Even trying to get the PS3 hooked up was frustrating. You soon learn Sony forgot to include the HDTV cables -- and don't get me started on the controllers. Why the heck does Sony require me to plug in these damn wireless controllers for syncing? Compare this to the Xbox 360 -- all you have to do is push a button on the 360 controller, and boom -- connected. No fuss, no muss. Plus the Xbox 360 controller lighting is a real nice plus.

Also, what about using regular batteries for the Sony controllers? If you can use them, I didn't see how. Xbox makes it so much easier, as they give you the plastic housing for regular AA batteries as well as a rechargable unit. Why didn't Sony do this?

From there, the PS3 only gets much worse. It was a serious pain trying to get HDTV working correctly, and the console software looks totally unfinished and rushed. Plus there really is no seamless interface -- everything is separated into confusing selections. It's one big jumble. The Xbox 360 is vastly superior on this score -- just push one button on the Xbox 360 controller (the middle one) and quick as a flash, you're taken to the Dashboard and can seamlessly flip through the Dashboard to change anything you need. Then you can change settings, email friends, download stuff, sign in to Live -- I am not exaggerating when I say the Xbox 360 is way way WAY more polished than the Playstation 3 in this regard.

Indeed, even as I sit here now, thinking about it, I can't even remeber the steps I needed to take to change the HD settings, and then get to online features. It's such a jumble -- and very depressing.

But I haven't even written about the worst of it. Online gameplay. I couldn't find anything at all to do online with the PS3. I understood the Sony online system was free, which I thought was a big plus. But there's um, no system, no infrastructure -- or if there is, I sure as heck couldn't find it. Maybe it's me, but I'm at a loss how Sony's online component is going to work. Compared to Xbox 360 -- the Playstation 3 just gets absolutely destroyed in this regard. See, with the Xbox 360, all I did was select "join Xbox Live," put in contact information, and that's it -- I was online and immediately able to join games.

I still don't know what Sony's service is, or how to take advantage of it. Doesn't look like a damn thing's been done. I haven't played an online game with the PS3 since I got it.

In sum: the PS3 is a unbelievable disappointment. I understand it's a new system and Xbox has been out for a year. I get that. But man, once you get past the PS3's pretty exterior, it's one big, fat, unfinished, rushed mess. From controllers to hookup to console programs to online play, the PS3 is simply not ready for primetime.

Sony has a ton of work to do to get this thing up to par. A ton. Frankly, I don't think the PS3 should have been released. I just don't think it's finished -- or ready for the retail market.

Flame away if you want. I'm no M$ fanboy, but I am telling you straight up -- the Xbox 360 is superior in every way to the PS3. And I'm mad I wasted money on the PS3 at this point.

One other thing: was the PS3 bundle supposed to come with some kind of online communicator or head/earpiece? Because if it was, my box didn't have one. What's up with that?

Well no disrespect but your name sounds appropriate to your complains . If you really don't like the console just sell it.

yeah just get rid of it, or read the instruction book and solve your problems.

Master Poster
    First of all, you have your opinon, some people had problems setting the ps3 up and some people didnt, some things are easier for other people than others. You have to remember that the system just came out, the online system will take to get into flow.
    Diablo 3 - DOTA 2 - Deus EX 3 - Half Life: Episode 3

Elite Member
    omg you have to plug the controller in one time for the system to recognize it. the world is coming to an end. the ps3 didnt beat the 360 in one day. may god have mercy on our souls.

Apprentice

this happens everytime a system lunches.... seriously u think da playstation got to the top just like that? u gotta wait at least a year to see some awsome **** to come out, LOOK at the 360, same deal. Gears of war came out a year later, and so did other games like that zombie game and others.
    sony knows whats its doin, just wait 4 MGS4,killzone,motorstorm,Lair,Warhawk, devil may cry, the getaway, alone in the dark, That Nauhgty dog game (untitled), heavenly sword, gta4, and so on, garunteed to be AAA games

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by the jackle.2 View Post
    This is getting really stupid.u get all these kids with one post coming on going the ps3 is **** the ps3 is too big i cant lift it the ps3 cant plug in to my tv the ps3 has self distructed.Now my only option is to buy the magical xbox that plugs itself into the tv
    haha that made me laugh, magical xbox that plugs itself in

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sai View Post
    hey man no need to flame him now, his post speaks for itself.

and NO! the controller is wireless! no need to plug anything. the only time you need to plug in is when the battery is dead and you need to charge. the PS3 controller isn't charged so it's common sense to plug it for the first time when you get it out of the box.
    It's not that that he is complaining about - since bluetooth (The controller in this case) has to be paired with the other bluetooth device (PS3) It needs to be plugged in first time to be paired i think - so the PS3 recognises it. Still the most worthless point ever made in entire human history about anything ever invented or talked about, but i guess he thought we'd care that such a "hassle" is something to consider when comparing the PS3 to Xbox 360

Went on a bit there din't i?

| R:FOM | Motorstorm | Warhawk | Assassin's Creed | COD 4 | Burnout Paradise | GT5:P | GTA IV | MGS4 | LBP | Midnight Club: LA |

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by super_noob View Post
    oh and as for games coming out for ps3 look for these
    1 resistance fall of man
    2 madden 07
    3 resident evil 5
    4metal gear solid 4
    5 call of duty 3
    6 warhawk
    7 lair
    8 killzon
    9 assasins creed
    10 need for speed carbon
    11 formula one championship edition
    12 motorstorm
    13 8 days
    14 HAZE
    15 Dark Sector
    you forgot to mention Final Fantasy XIII and Devil may Cry 4

I have to disagree. I have a pretty advanced setup. A HDTV 1080p full 5.1 surround , HDMI / optical cable ,wireless router you name it. I set it up an EVERYTHING worked the first shot.

Can't say how great this console is. A+

Dedicated Member
    Um... everything you said, I had the exact opposite experience. It was easy as pie to hook up to an HDTV, the browser is very intuitive for anyone who isn't an idiot, and Resistance looks, and more importantly PLAYS wonderfully. I am very happy with my purchase, and look forward to the future. My only problem is that the internet at my university requires the Cisco Clean Access Agent to work for more than an hour, and it doesn't recognize the PS3 OS. If anyone could help me with that, could you respond here: http://ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=41782

Besides that, I think the PS3 is lookin great.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Regulus View Post
    I'm not even a console gamer so I couldn't give a rats *** who "wins" the next gen competition. But if I HAVE to choose a next-gen console, I'll go with the 360. It looks brilliant from what I've seen and the the game range on the PS3 and even the upcoming titles doesn't interest me at all.

I watched someone play RFOM a few hours ago and it looked not next-gen at all. Gears of War on the other hand.....
    You lost all credibility right there.

Apprentice
    whats this then, another Xbox 360 fan boy on a ego trip??

Apprentice
    damn it ... i thaught thease guys had shut up yesterday .... btw sai its FFXIII, FFXII is already out. Cant you hopless 360 fanboys bash the PS3 else ware?

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anim3Fr33K View Post
    damn it ... i thaught thease guys had shut up yesterday .... btw sai its FFXIII, FFXII is already out. Cant you hopless 360 fanboys bash the PS3 else ware?
    right, i edited it. it was a typo i meant to say FFXIII and also Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

Superior Member
    i am more than happy with my PS3, hell if i wasnt I would quickly sell it (i have a 360 as well) but I wont, I waited in line for 36 hours and I love this machine. some small points you were right on, the online GAMING infrastructure is lackluster as of today, it will get better (voice chat, syncing, game finding, etc.) but as for everything else, I love it!!!!

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Seems like you are disappointed the PS3 isn't XB360.

Just sell PS3 and keep your 360.

Edit: Yay, now I turned into an Elite member.

There i was reading a seriouse cnversation, and you start making me laugh

Congrats on Elite Member status I love this too when it changes :P

Cheers

Roman

Forum Guru

Extremely Disappointed in PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Here we go...another one of those "long time lurkers" who join just to post flame bait. Two in one evening that I've seen anyway...what are the chances?
    Gee another “long time lurker” if that was so he would have know several things that would have shortened his rant. First clue to that post is how difficult it was setting up his PS3. The rest of the post indicates that he was clueless as how to PS3 works or did not have one to begin with.
    PLAYING B3YOND since November 17th 2006 and F@H since 3/23/07.

Sig by buckeyefan.

Forum Sage

Please do not start flamebait topics...

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    You only have to hook up your PS3 and sync the controllers once is that really such a hassle?

Sure i can see people complaining if they had to do it every time you played but you only have to do it once.
    I dont ge this, lol it is not that hard is it, and guess what heehhe :P when you switch on the 360 you have to sink the controlers for that too, lol

I think this is going to be too complicated, might wait for PS4 lol :P heheheeh

Cheers

Roman

Thread Information