Superior Member

Help with PSP to PS3 Connection!! (Remote Play)

Hey all, need a little help connecting my psp (updated to 3.0) to my PS3, I did the connections on both and when I go to Remote Play on the PS3 where it says to connect your PSP, I then go to my PSP and hit Remote Play and it connects to my wifi then says "connection error", everytime...my PS3 is connected to the internet via wired but i changed the remote play settings to my wifi which is where my PSP connects....please HELP!!!!!!!

Basic Chair
    OK, I'll help. You know on your PS3 where you type in the SSID and password (for remote play)? Well what you need to do is go to Network Settings on your PSP, and create a new wireless connection (under infastructure,) using the same SSID and pass that you did on the PS3. Then, when you hit remote play on your PSP, choose that network ID that you just made and tada!

EDIT: By the way, I own a 60gig PS3, so I have no idea if/how remote play works with a 20gig.

Bl@ck M@gic
    Remote play doesn't work with the 20gb as it doesn't have wi-fi built in but i suppose if you get a wi-fi adaptor it will work.

I'm having the same problem. Just updated my PSP using the US firmware update and I can't connect. I entered the same information into both my psp and PS3 and when I get to test connection, I get a "Access Point not found" error. I've tried this a few times already.

I got it now. Seems Sony left some important information out of their instructions. I created a new thread with the steps.

Maybe some one can help me. I want to use my PSP with the PS3 Remote Play. My problem is turning ATRAC on when I try I keep getting a message Erthernet cable not connected, I know I need a wireless connection how do I stop the message is there a setting I need to change so ATRAC knows I'm looking for a wireless connection.
    Internet is enabled and I have set the SSID and WEP key under Network- Remote Play.

Thank you

AL-SAHER
    I do not know about something in the PS3 but I love الPSP

hi everyone, I'm new here this is my first post. I was wondering if anyone knows if it possible to use remote play if your internet connection is wired (I don't have wireless at all) I've tried a number of things but nothing seems to work, please help

Elite Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by grimreefer1337 View Post
    hi everyone, I'm new here this is my first post. I was wondering if anyone knows if it possible to use remote play if your internet connection is wired (I don't have wireless at all) I've tried a number of things but nothing seems to work, please help
    You can only access the internet on the PSP through the wireless connection it has. No wires yet, I believe.

You'll have to by a Wireless adapter or a Wireless router.
    Alive and well, running my own business and having fun. Visit it below;
    Letterpress Invitations and Stationary

Im trying to get my gf psp to connect to my ps3..i go to remote play and it says go to setting, register device and sync it..while when she goes on her psp it says unable to find ps3 device? can anybody help?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by g2gl69 View Post
    Im trying to get my gf psp to connect to my ps3..i go to remote play and it says go to setting, register device and sync it..while when she goes on her psp it says unable to find ps3 device? can anybody help?
    1. Plug in the USB from your PS3 to your PSP.
    2. Go into your PSP settings menu and select USB Connection.
    3. From the PS3 try syncing it again and it should auto create the network connection for it.

will this be all i need to do for her to connect from any wifi spot?

Apprentice
    I remember somewhere on the PS3 stating you will need to login with your PS3 account info (email and password) in order to use internet remote play. I just bought my PSP yesterday so I'm waiting on my memory card to ship so I can upgrade the firmware.

I found a new video showing PSP remote login but hopefully someone here can let you know if they successfully accessed it from a remote hotspot.

[embed]http://www.youtube.com/v/AnnzuzuZ5ko[/embed]

Thread Information