Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member

Is it just me, or is this whole thing DUMB????

Ok, so i admit it, I REALLY want a PS3 and am envious of the people who got one at launch. But paying over $1000 for one???? It just seems like a dumb thing to do. First of all, all of the PS3 bugs have not been discovered or fixed yet. And second of all, I dont see paying $1000 for one when I can get it for $599 when they hit the stores. I mean geeze people, just WAIT!!!! Big deal, you will have to play your PS2 until then. I mean the whole hype thing seems DUMB to me. But then again, this is just my opinion.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by WarMachine043 View Post
    Ok, so i admit it, I REALLY want a PS3 and am envious of the people who got one at launch. But paying over $1000 for one???? It just seems like a dumb thing to do. First of all, all of the PS3 bugs have not been discovered or fixed yet. And second of all, I dont see paying $1000 for one when I can get it for $599 when they hit the stores. I mean geeze people, just WAIT!!!! Big deal, you will have to play your PS2 until then. I mean the whole hype thing seems DUMB to me. But then again, this is just my opinion.
    Why do you care so much? Those people who pay +1000$ for one have been working theyr ass off for years, so I do believe that they deserve to use theyr money on whatever they want.

Superior Member
    Im just really really hating on the people that are buying them just to ebay them. As a loyal gamer, this really upsets me. Thats my thought

Yeah it is that big of a deal.Its the next generation of gaming and theres always going to be ebayers for years to come.

... a year later no one cares that someone paid $800 for an Xbox 360 on ebay

... a year from now no one is going to care someone paid $1500 for a PS3 on ebay

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankari View Post
    Why do you care so much? Those people who pay +1000$ for one have been working theyr ass off for years, so I do believe that they deserve to use theyr money on whatever they want.

Not necessarily... it could be spoiled rich kids. ^^ Just like the parents who buy their kids a new Lexus IS300 (Damn that car is hot)

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ps3ForLife View Post
    Yeah it is that big of a deal.Its the next generation of gaming and theres always going to be ebayers for years to come.
    Yea, true. Its funny though because I waited in line last year for the Xbox 360 and the SAME thing happend. But within 2 -3 months I saw selves stacked in stores with them. I have a feeling that this will happen with the PS3. After the holidays, demand will go down and the loyal gamers will be able to get one. Thats my prediction

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicate701 View Post
    ... a year later no one cares that someone paid $800 for an Xbox 360 on ebay

... a year from now no one is going to care someone paid $1500 for a PS3 on ebay

Word to your motha. ^^ Well put.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Theft View Post
    Word to your motha. ^^ Well put.

Shoot if I paid $1500 for one, but found out if i just waited a little bit to get one for $599, I would be PISSED!!! LOL!!!!

Yea, true. Its funny though because I waited in line last year for the Xbox 360 and the SAME thing happend. But within 2 -3 months I saw selves stacked in stores with them. I have a feeling that this will happen with the PS3. After the holidays, demand will go down and the loyal gamers will be able to get one. Thats my prediction
    Thats how it always happens.Supply and demand.

The Heisman
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    you have to remember that those people paying 3x the price of the PS3 aren't your average Joe (at least not typically)

Its the beverly hills, manhattan, so.cal... rich people (in a nutshell) that are doing this.

2,3,4 grand isn't a lot of money to some people.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Super Elite
    im paying for u all to go 2 therapy......

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
    "It's a dangerous business going out your front door."
    "Not all those that wander are lost."
    "Courage is found in unlikely places."
    "All that we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

J. R. R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973)

The Heisman
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankari View Post
    LOL, in a perfect world that would be true.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Superior Member
    Yea.... People are dumb. Sony did this whole "cut back" on systems just because of supply and demand. They know they are loosing money on every system sold, so in order to minimize their losses, they NEED to keep the hype up. Sony is NOT dumb in a business aspect.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldwen View Post
    im paying for u all to go 2 therapy......

I will pay for you to go back to school.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Theft View Post
    I will pay for you to go back to school.
    HA HA, thats funny. BURNED! lol

Apprentice
    Well said, well said. Like so many, i'm friggin' pissed off that people bought them to sell them on ebay and hope they get screwed. but they did what i wasn't willing to, camp so whatever i suppose they deserve what they get. but on principle alone, i cannot fathom letting them take me for it and buy one on ebay. and for a system that is not really ready for primetime? I don't think i'm going to do it but from a pure gaming perspective it would be SMARTER to buy a 360 to tide me over until march and let someone else get rid of the bugs. i think it's silly to spend more that sony intended and then have to go through the growing process as well. I am hopeful that by march, the REAL PS3 is ready to stand up and show what it can do online and with a good crop of games. Thank you.

of course this silly business won't stop me from stopping by walmart and target daily. i'm dumber that i want to admit apparently.

I don't care so much about the people paying $1,000+ for the PS3. The people who are selling it for that much annoy me though. I agree the systems should go to the real gamers.

I wouldn't pay more than $800 for the 60 Gig and that's only through Friday. After that I'll just sit back and wait. After all, I still have to beat FF XII and I'm thinking about getting Bully.

Superior Member
    Well said everyone. I bet though you will be able to get one by mid jan.

I think i remember on some article on the net by sony that they will be shipping out PS3's every week. However, no one knows how many they will get at a time. I live in Yorba Linda, CA and the wherehouse guy said he expects to get another 45 sometime this week

Use edit-button next time. ~ Mael Duin

i dont think you should be mad. if thats what people want to spend their money on, i have absolutely no problem with that. they should be grown up enough to understand the downsides to doing that.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by emo_hunter View Post
    i dont think you should be mad. if thats what people want to spend their money on, i have absolutely no problem with that. they should be grown up enough to understand the downsides to doing that.
    its not the people who buy them for that price. it's the people who buy them to make the money off of it. the point is they are taking the retail price of the system that someone else would have bought it for to actually keep and play it. Not selling it for 2x or 3x more.

Superior Member

I've said it before, I'll say it again, price gouging (scalping) video game systems should be illegal.

I don't care that people are willing to pay more than 3 times the system's retail value, some people need to be protected from their own stupidity. I understand that it's their right to spend money however they want, but this is just legalized ticket scalping.

Ebay won't do anything, they are making a fair amount of money off of these sales for sure.
    United States Air Force Enlisted E-5

Apprentice

Apparently the hype thing is working if you want one so bad and you envy people who have one.

Quote Originally Posted by ff81 View Post
    I've said it before, I'll say it again, price gouging (scalping) video game systems should be illegal.

I don't care that people are willing to pay more than 3 times the system's retail value, some people need to be protected from their own stupidity. I understand that it's their right to spend money however they want, but this is just legalized ticket scalping.

Ebay won't do anything, they are making a fair amount of money off of these sales for sure.
    Then you might as well sayselling old baseball cards and antique cars is illegal as well. That's basically the same thing. Sony is getting their money and that's all that matters.

Use edit-button next time. ~ Mael Duin

Superior Member
    [quote=TheUsedSevendust;821213]Apparently the hype thing is working if you want one so bad and you envy people who have one.

I mean the hype thing to buy one at a outstanding price

Superior Member
    Hi there nice post

I think many people in here are thinking the same things hence the price drop of the PS3 on Ebay, At the moment there is only one person in this forum that get it from there and he/she only payed $900 for it, so not too bad

cheers and im waiting too

Roman

Thread Information