Stringer

Gamestop encounter

I stopped in a gamestop store in summerfield FL today looking for a ps3. I asked the employee if they had any in and he rolled his eyes and told me "you should get a 360 instead". I was just like mmmm ok.

Then he pointed to a ps3 kiosk behind me to try it out. He said something like the players in the NBA game (not sure which game) all looked like barbie dolls.

I turned around to try out the game and it was just frozen on some menu So im still unable to play one yet.

Was he just talking out of his ass or what? He does work at a video game store so maybe he knows what he's talking about? Or maybe he's just a fanboi douchebucket. I dont know anymore

azz_kikr
    he's gay. that is all. rofl lol lmao

Dedicated Member
    Yawn more fanboy employees at Gamestop, I'm lucky, the stores around me dont' have these arseholes. Barbie Dolls? LOL.......He prolly froze it on purpose. Oh and take that with a grain of salt, I was at an electronics store and playing the 360 and guess what it froze on me twice, so that is a non-issue. He WAS talking out of his ass. I suggest you stay away from him, go there when someone who isn't so biased is working there.
    Discipline. Obedience. Unity.

acerbits
    he's a official "sony booing agent" from Micro$oft

Forum Elder
    I would say fanboy douche bucket.

Apprentice

No he's trying to sell what he has on hand. Just like what the Beat Buy employee's have been told to do, as I have heard.

Elite Member
    I think it's a bad thing that retail workers can leave a console frozen up so consumers think it's highly unstable and is a recurring problem. When asked, they can even lie about it and say "oh that always happens" which both covers for their possible laziness to just reset it, and makes the console look bad. Whatever though.

-Sig by Svetlana

Elite Guru
    Ok keep in mind this a store that is going to make money off of you anyway they can. I am not saying in any shape or form that he is lying or if he wasnt but they are told if they don't have something in stock to sale they are supposed to sale what they currently do and that would be the 360. As for the freezing issue, apparently what the demo ps3's are locked in isn't ventillated very well. I played mine for 6 hours straight with no problems. But whatever system you get make sure its the one YOU want, and not one someone else trys to sale you.

Forum Elder
    I agree, those consoles boxed up in plexiglass can't be well ventilated. Seems like a recipe for disaster to me.

Elite Guru
    He does work at a video game store so maybe he knows what he's talking about?

My little sister knows more about video games than most store employees.

Apprentice
    yah nba's graphics suck.. they also sucked on the ps2... its really not a game any nba fan buys anyways...nba live or the 2k series basketball games always had the better graphics.. even in full HD nba07 sucks.. i played it at walmart.. im still waiting for walmart to call me on my raincheck.. i could've had the 20gig but i decided to op with a 60 and what do you know! I JUST GOT MY CALL! F YAH lata

GameStop employees are douche bags. Stopped at one today as well. They have a "tone" about them. I asked about PS3, "We will only get enough to fill our pre-orders." Whatever numnuts.

Forum Guru

Gamestop encounter

This story is no surprise as most of my encounters with GameStop have been negative. I was really impressed with the feedback from the manager of my local GameStop when I pre-ordered my PS3 with promises of “personally calling all my PS3 customers” with updated launch info. Several visits before launch had wiped away any promise that this situation would indeed change:

· No phone calls from any store employee as promised.
    · Only recorded messages saying my pre-ordered games where available and how I could trade in merchandise to pay for my purchase (after it was paid off).
    · Store employees even the manager promoting eBay openly.
    · Promised to open the store an hour earlier for launch and refused to do so.
    · Stopped by when R:FOM was available and they did not have it.
    · Made a point of blaming Sony for not being able to full all pre-orders.
    · Received a recorded VM about DarkKingdom being available and when I picked up my PS3 they once again trashed talked Sony as to why it was not available.
    · I had to make another store visit last Saturday after seeing that my pre-paid title was in stock at BB. The store employee said that it came in on Friday afternoon but did not offer any reason why I was not informed that my purchase available. Once again during my visit there was a certain amount of Sony “trash talking”.

I was planning to take all my gaming business to these guys after the enthusiastic response when I placed my pre-order. IMO I thought they had changed and I would give the benefit of doubt. Unfortunately this is not going to be the case as I can not support those with my business that do not support the console of my choice. This is really sad as I’m sure this retail chain has good employees and there is going to be huge potential with future PS3 business for any retailer that supports it.
    PLAYING B3YOND since November 17th 2006 and F@H since 3/23/07.

Sig by buckeyefan.

Thread Information