Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Zobbor&Koss47

Wat is up with my PS3 scratching my CDs and FREEZING!!! Help me

Hi there,

I was playing Ridge racer, awesome game, and i have to say it SLOWED DOWN after a couple of minutes playing it!!!!!!

Also after a while i heard a weird noise, adn i got a error disc message! I opened it and looked at my game disc, AND IT WAS SCRATCHED ALLLL OVER.

Then like a complete idiot i tried to watch amovies, SAME THING SLOWED DOWN AFTER 5 MINUTES, and scratched UP MY DISC

Both discs were new, and sealed, Also i noticed drops in framerates in MOVIES!!!! every 20 or 30 seconds

Like when u use ur pc for alot of things, then try to watch amovie, same slow down

Finally, I CANNOT PLAY MUSIC AND PLAY A GAME, LIKE I DID WITH MY 360

Also the DOWNLOAD:

Why the HECK cant i download a file, then go play a game while its downloading, THE DOWLOAD SPEED IS SLOWWWW. i have a 10 mb internet connect.

And also if i turn off my PS3, while downloading somthing, i lose all progress!!!!!!!!!

Honestly i liked the 360 better, coz everything is seemless.

But im srue SONY will fix these problems soon

ANY moderator or someone who knows PLEASE tell me are they releasing a patch or somthing to fix these annoying FRAMERATE slowdowns in PS3????

Also if anyone knows how to or why this scratching dics happen?? Anyone else got that problem, ,Plz be honest.

TY for ur help

Superior Member
    damn that is so not cool... go ahead and call sony for a replacement.... maybe they can replace your game as well?

Elite Guru
    Normally i wouldn't do this, because really i would never care. But I think you're lying. Why? Not even the whole ps3 part. But since when did a pc sratch disks? Mine never has. And your the only person who has reported this problem, so either your special and got an individual error, or you lying. I'm choosing the latter.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zobbor&Koss47 View Post
    Hi there,

I was playing Ridge racer, awesome game, and i have to say it SLOWED DOWN after a couple of minutes playing it!!!!!!

Also after a while i heard a weird noise, adn i got a error disc message! I opened it and looked at my game disc, AND IT WAS SCRATCHED ALLLL OVER.

Then like a complete idiot i tried to watch amovies, SAME THING SLOWED DOWN AFTER 5 MINUTES, and scratched UP MY DISC

Both discs were new, and sealed, Also i noticed drops in framerates in MOVIES!!!! every 20 or 30 seconds

Like when u use ur pc for alot of things, then try to watch amovie, same slow down

Also the DOWNLOAD:

Why the HECK cant i download a file, then go play a game while its downloading, THE DOWLOAD SPEED IS SLOWWWW. i have a 10 mb internet connect.

And also if i turn off my PS3, while downloading somthing, i lose all progress!!!!!!!!!

ANY moderator or someone who knows PLEASE tell me are they releasing a patch or somthing to fix these annoying FRAMERATE slowdowns in PS3????

Also if anyone knows how to or why this scratching dics happen?? Anyone else got that problem, ,Plz be honest.

TY for ur help
    Dude, your are mistaken. ur 360 is the one thats scratching all ur xbox dvd's

Super Elite

Hi there,

Also the DOWNLOAD:

TY for ur help

haven't heard of this but i can tell you that if you manage to scratch a bluray disk then you have to buy a new one because they are destroyed with scratches much easier than a regualar disk. the data is placed very close to the surface, that's why they hav 25gb disks. your ridge racer now has to be replaced. it can't be repaired.

Superior Member
    Ah, and the newbie allegations roll in. Nice first post. Either you are the unluckiest of all PS3 owners, or you're a liar trying to stir up trouble. For some odd reason, I'm leaning towards the latter.
    TRUE STORY||Talisman once bet NASA they could survive re-entry without a spacesuit. On July 19th, 1999, a naked Talisman re-entered the earth's atmosphere, streaking over 14 states and reaching a temperature of 3000 degrees. An embarrassed NASA publically claimed it was a meteor, and still owes Talisman a beer.

Super Elite

Quote Originally Posted by wetowel View Post
    Dude, your are mistaken. ur 360 is the one thats scratching all ur xbox dvd's
    unhelpful fanboyism. hey man, why don't you go drink some urine and say it's the lemonaide that the xbox made.

Xaor
    Why are fanboys trying harder and harder to hide their obvious hate of Sony?

Zobbor&Koss47
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyDon View Post
    Normally i wouldn't do this, because really i would never care. But I think you're lying. Why? Not even the whole ps3 part. But since when did a pc sratch disks? Mine never has. And your the only person who has reported this problem, so either your special and got an individual error, or you lying. I'm choosing the latter.

DUDE WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO SEND YOU PICTURES!!!!!!!!

WHY WOULD I LIE ABOUT SOMTHING LIKE THIS,

AND BY THE WAY I FOUND TWO OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.

I really do not care what you say or think, coz u r not helping here. But if u think im lying ill be glad to post Jpeg pictures here also maybe a video to show u the slow framerates if moderator allows

Zobbor&Koss47
    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Ah, and the newbie allegations roll in. Nice first post. Either you are the unluckiest of all PS3 owners, or you're a liar trying to stir up trouble. For some odd reason, I'm leaning towards the latter.
    \
    WHY IS EVERYONE INSLUTING ME

I THOUGHT I COULD GET HELP HERE?!?!!>?!>?

screw u guys, ur all blind fools, i guess ill go to other forums

Zobbor&Koss47
    THE ONLY REASON I JOINED THIS FORUM

IS BECAUSE THE BEST BUY EMPLOYEE TOLD ME there is a community on these forrums who would help u. Probably otrhers had the same problem

But he forgot to mention, that YOU CANNOT COMPLAIN about problems, coz thats against the rules and you would be insulted by the memebers

SO WOULD YOU GUYS RATHER ME SAYING, oh my PS3 is aweosme i love it!!!!

As i said i joined hoping to get help, from adults NOT KIDS.

By the way ,,: What do u mean by fanboy?? Is that an insult? are u saying i like boys??

Please i did NOT inslult anyone here, i just came to get help with people who experienced it!!

THATS ALLLLLLL

Apprentice

There isnt anything to "scratch" the bottom of the BDdisk. Or the Xbox360 HDdvd's

The people that were reporting the problems with the Xbox360's only reported them when they were laying the Xbox on its side WHILE THE DISK WAS SPINNING. They were incredebly stupid people.

However, if you knew how any CD drive worked, you'd know that there is nothing to scrach up the disk. Their is a head, that raises the disk off the tray (therefore, the disk cant be stratched by the tray) then a lazer reads the data off the disk and is about a centameter away from the disk. There is nothingto scratch the disk with... unless again, you were stupid enough to change the position of the (fill in your game device here) while the disk was spinning.

But perhaps the main reason that i dont believe you, is that your typing in "I need attention" all caps. >.>
    She's MY sexbox and her name is Sony...

Superior Member
    DUDE WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO SEND YOU PICTURES!!!!!!!!

WHY WOULD I LIE ABOUT SOMTHING LIKE THIS,

AND BY THE WAY I FOUND TWO OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.

I really do not care what you say or think, coz u r not helping here. But if u think im lying ill be glad to post Jpeg pictures here also maybe a video to show u the slow framerates if moderator allows
    There are a lot of Sony haters who go on forums spreading their libel in an attempt to discredit/defame/or otherwise damage the Sony image, and consequently the PS3, for whatever their reasoning is.

Edit: You don't have to be a blind yes-man and proclaim that the PS3 is the best and agree with what we are saying 100%. There are many people on these forums of varying backgrounds, personalities, and interests, yet we all get along fine. We PS3 fans even get along pretty well with most of the Xbox 360 fans here. Unfortunately, you come across as someone who's only interested in complaining and defaming the PS3 for the sole purpose of touting the Xbox 360, which you "honestly[...]liked[...]better, coz everything is seemless." Which is the first thing from you that I honestly believe.
    TRUE STORY||Talisman once bet NASA they could survive re-entry without a spacesuit. On July 19th, 1999, a naked Talisman re-entered the earth's atmosphere, streaking over 14 states and reaching a temperature of 3000 degrees. An embarrassed NASA publically claimed it was a meteor, and still owes Talisman a beer.

Elite Guru
    Probably because your talking about your disks freezing and then you managed to drift onto about... 3 different subject basically talking crap about sony's console.

Can't play music and games at the same time.
    Downloading Files are too slow.
    Oh, and You can't play games while downloading stuff.

Also when you type half of your post in all caps, it makes me believe you less. It just seems childish. It's not going to get the point across more, it just aggravates people. So maybe if you calm down and show a little maturity more people will believe you, in the mean time, have fun with your special problem.

Superior Member
    if you really want us to belive you then just post pictures.......

and even then if it is true we can't help you, just ask sony for a replacement

they have given replacement ps3s for smaller problems

"you see Kenny, the sony psp was made by god"
    -south park
    anybody want to come to my house and play with my wii

PSN: IndianGangster

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    unhelpful fanboyism. hey man, why don't you go drink some urine and say it's the lemonaide that the xbox made.
    Fanboyism? try personal experience. I had a 360 and would rent games all the time. I rented saints row, played for a couple hours untill i got a disc read error. Popped open the disc tray to find a scratch that was in a form of a perfect circle that was not there before. It was quite deep and was not man made. I returned it for another saints row, made sure NO scratches were present on the cd, brought it home and played. EXACT same thing happined again and at that point i returned my xbox 360 to the store.

Xaor
    I don't know what you think we were gonna help you with mate. You've failed to provide any proof, a very bad description, and if its true, your screwed, go phone sony and they'll give you another when they can.

Try to speak in a mature manner and you are more likely to be treated in a mature way.... Punctuation, capital letters, but not too many!

A fanboy is someone who is overly loving of one certain company.

Zobbor&Koss47
    Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    There are a lot of Sony haters who go on forums spreading their libel in an attempt to discredit/defame/or otherwise damage the Sony image, and consequently the PS3, for whatever their reasoning is.
    Wow first good response i get,

Im not trying to defame PS3, hey i paid lots of money for it, and TO ME it is the best. But i cannot deny the problems it has

I thought someone here can help, but i guess the thing is still very new, a baby if u will.

I have two questions for you though:

1- Why did everyone think i was making things up??? Noone here ever complains

2- What is a fan boy.

Superior Member

Liar! you noob go back to the xbox forums were u belong, insecure little xbox troll!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apprentice
    Easy solution here, when downloading something, Don't Turn Off The Console.

Zobbor&Koss47
    Oh ok thnx, thats what fanboy means lool

well if im a fanboy of anything, i would say i am a PS2 fan, i have one in my car, and one

in my home. But in all honestly i am having problems with my PS3, its kinda slow at times, and i cannt play music in the background while playing, and the download page is like a very slow web site. Where u have to wait and watcht he progress bar rise, before u can do anything!!

I dont know im thinking of adding a PS3 to my truck, do u think it would over heat and die?? Because i will put it under the rear seat, and run the wires to the two screens in back and front.

But i fear it would not get enough ventilation and die on me

Zobbor&Koss47
    Quote Originally Posted by wetowel View Post
    Fanboyism? try personal experience. I had a 360 and would rent games all the time. I rented saints row, played for a couple hours untill i got a disc read error. Popped open the disc tray to find a scratch that was in a form of a perfect circle that was not there before. It was quite deep and was not man made. I returned it for another saints row, made sure NO scratches were present on the cd, brought it home and played. EXACT same thing happined again and at that point i returned my xbox 360 to the store.

See i get the SAME EXACT PROBLEM, but with my PS3.

What happened with ur XBOX, did u return it ad get ur money back??

Coz im thinking of doing this, and get a 360 which had been out for a while now, and should have no errors. Plus its cheaper

Apprentice

anybody notice how its almost always the new users who post up these problems? until i hear from a legit user with some credibility, i call BS.
    Microsoft spokesperson:"Yes, it is true. As part of our standard and ongoing process of analyzing repair data, we recently noticed a higher than usual number of units (360s) coming in for repair."

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?op...=3866&Itemid=2

O RLY?

Master Guru
    why did I know that this would be a new member when I came in this thread I say troll FTW

Superior Member
    See i get the SAME EXACT PROBLEM, but with my PS3.

What happened with ur XBOX, did u return it ad get ur money back??

Coz im thinking of doing this, and get a 360 which had been out for a while now, and should have no errors. Plus its cheaper
    Well what store did u purchase it from?

Thread Information