Latest PSU headlines:

Slingbox and PS3?

Anyone think the PS3 will be able to play nice with the Slingbox application?

Thinking of getting one for X-Mas(Slingbox) and if it works with ps3 it would solve a lot of my problems.

Well, the problem is, even though PS3 has an internet browser, it doesn't have OSX or Windows. I doubt the PS3 will unzip a file or mount an image. I want to do the same thing, as I'm living in Korea right now and missing ice hockey bad, but I have a feeling it's not possible. But the PS3 does use MAC hardwear (and maybe softwear?) so it possible... One of us will just have to try it and find out...

silvermanor
    No it wont work, but I have a LocationFree unit. Works perfectly with a PSP. They should add it to the PS3 tho.

You Big Dummy!
    You can connect any video source to a slingbox, but the slingbox can't control a PS3. If you are set on doing this, you should be able to use remote play w/PSP to start your video (not blu-ray), end remote play (leaving the ps3 on), then watch via slingbox.

^^^^^^ Ignore the post, I think you want to install the slingbox software on a PS3, which you can't do.
    Gold Medal, Conn Smythe, Stanley Cup.

PS3:

PSN ID
    TreThacker
    1 Turn on your Sony PlayStation 3 using the "PlayStation" logo button on your wireless controller.

2 Open your PS3's built-in web browser.

3 Select the "Address" option from the PS3 web browser main menu and go to "http://watch.slingbox.com."

4 Use the PS3's virtual keyboard (or an attached Bluetooth keyboard, if applicable) to type your Slingbox e-mail address and account password into the boxes on screen.

5 Click "Login" to connect to your Slingbox using your Sony PlayStation 3 home-video game console.

Thread Information