Latest PSU headlines:

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast
    Super Elite
    I just hope you are that guy and don't have to fight him... he would probably be an insanely hard battle.

http://profile.xfire.com/ssj12
    PSN: Schnacky
    Join a real clan: http://thebladeclan.com
    http://VGChartz.com the most accurate source for world wide sales tracking.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudninja View Post
    No its nonthing like that, it uses it like you knows what he is doing
    I hope man, I definitly hope. I dont know how many games I have played, seen an ability, and been like, WOAH! only to find out I dont end up getting it until im like, level 60 or something. I could see something that powerful though as an overdrive kinda thing. unless this is just a high level RPG.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

PSU Media Manager
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You can view the trailer on www.psu.com
    Its great quality!

Dedicated Member
    That trailer was amazing, even though it didnt show much , it was an Epic feel something I havent felt since FFVII, FFVIII.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by FatesServant View Post
    I hope man, I definitly hope. I dont know how many games I have played, seen an ability, and been like, WOAH! only to find out I dont end up getting it until im like, level 60 or something. I could see something that powerful though as an overdrive kinda thing. unless this is just a high level RPG.
    -FatesServant
    He shows that he knows the powers are there so...
    Sig by Phaded
    _______
    NINJA HAWKS

Superior Member
    Viewing trailer from Square-Enix has amazed me, like FF7AC trailer.

No one developer can do this job with great trailer + some hidden spoiler

Donating for me is always welcoming . . ., please donate me

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lirion View Post
    I really hope he's the main character. We haven't had a cool main charater since FFVIII. Please Square-Enix, no more Tidus or Vaan. >< At least not in Versus XIII, that game dosen't have a place for sissypants.
    Tell me one time when Tidus was afraid of doing something. I thought he was quite fearless. Just because some people didn't like his voice doesn't mean he's a sissy.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by baller87 View Post
    you never know i mean square did try with one ff game on the 360, i m jus hoping they try with another just to see how they do in sales. I hope micreosoft is trying to get a final fantasy game on the 360 cause that would be SUPER!

And now announcing, for the xbox 360,
    FF 13 4 disc dual sided Collector's addition!

hahah...

anyway, I saw this today, and I am loving it.... the first time you see this, even if you never played more than 1 FF game, it just makes you feel all tingly inside when he pulls out his sword at the climax... (Good speakers helps, , good bass when the train goes by lol)
    incredible...
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 rocks View Post
    I'm not sure about him being evil, those soldiers didn't look to good to me.
    How do you know they weren't his own soldiers?
    they looked really scared to shoot him...

Stop posting links to videos that are good unless they actually are...
    the best one by far is the AVI download from file-front, it's a 40MB file... (youtube is NOT a good quality video source)
    http://files.filefront.com/Versusavi.../fileinfo.html (Courtesy of McLaren)
    Nos Locos kick your ***, Nos Locos kick your face, Nos Locos kick your balls into outer space!

Superior Member
    *prays to god that all the upcoming final fantasy games come out for the 360 in the near future*
    *you never know i mean square did try with one ff game on the 360, i m jus hoping they try with another just to see how they do in sales. I hope micreosoft is trying to get a final fantasy game on the 360 cause that would be SUPER!*
    Im sory the last one FF series on 360 is FFXI Online, which are SE want this game to be first MMORPG cross-platform PS2, PC, X360.

And dont forget too, Square out from Nintendo because of out of space. So if FF XIII will come to 360, they must created a game with 3 disc of DVD9 and this funny thing.

"Please Insert Disc X to continue the gameplay"

Donating for me is always welcoming . . ., please donate me

Tekken Elder
    I hope this guy is the main character...but i dont know why i dont think he is, just like the girl from FFXIII.
    The NID syndrome, LMAO indeed:
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    And for somebody (labwarrior) to say Uncharted 2 graphics are "just passable" or "hardly next gen " is beyond unbelievable. LMAO

Forum Sage
    As far as I know, that man in the trailer IS the main character. His kingdom/city/whatever with the last Crystal (don't know if it's the last crystal in the world, or last crystal of his kingdom) is being attacked by some soldiers with modern day weapons.

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

majinvegeta
    oh hell no! I hope Final Fantasy series NEVER goes to Microsoft, that would ruin it.

Besides the white engine is being designed with PS3 in mind, they would have to redo all of that if they were to port it over to x360.

I bought PS3 50% for Final Fantasy, if that moves over to MS? ouch..id be so hurt

Master Poster
    Looks incredibel. Does anyone know any names of characters? I think Versus XIII looks better than XIII. Are they both coming out at the same time?

baller87
    Quote Originally Posted by majinvegeta View Post
    oh hell no! I hope Final Fantasy series NEVER goes to Microsoft, that would ruin it.

Besides the white engine is being designed with PS3 in mind, they would have to redo all of that if they were to port it over to x360.

I bought PS3 50% for Final Fantasy, if that moves over to MS? ouch..id be so hurt
    ok if the engine was created with the ps3 in mind they can always program it so it would work on the 360 ( source, unreal engine) and if that will effect the graphics, which it probably will if its a port, i wouldnt really care i mean its FINAL FANTASY!!!!

majinvegeta
    ok if the engine was created with the ps3 in mind they can always program it so it would work on the 360 ( source, unreal engine) and if that will effect the graphics, which it probably will if its a port, i wouldnt really care i mean its FINAL FANTASY!!!!
    Exactly, but I doubt Sony would let that happen, and I would hate for it to happen, I dont wanna buy 2 consoles to play FF! ><

baller87
    Quote Originally Posted by majinvegeta View Post
    Exactly, but I doubt Sony would let that happen, and I would hate for it to happen, I dont wanna buy 2 consoles to play FF! ><
    i really cant see all the final fantasy games on the ps3, i mean they are third party and they have build a game for other platforms. If its not final fantasy 360 might get a new ip. Square enix just has to make games for the wii and 360, how else is it goin to cover the cost of final fantasy, kingdom hearts or even dragon quest developement for next gen

Dedicated Member
    this trailer reminded me of The Bouncer!

Master Sage
    i really cant see all the final fantasy games on the ps3, i mean they are third party and they have build a game for other platforms. If its not final fantasy 360 might get a new ip. Square enix just has to make games for the wii and 360, how else is it goin to cover the cost of final fantasy, kingdom hearts or even dragon quest developement for next gen
    WHat are you talking about? They always been only on the PS, with a couple for the PC? why will they change now? they have a great market for it only on a PS system.They are making new IPs for the 360, and tthe Wii will get the Crystal and spinn off dragon quest series games.
    Sig by Phaded
    _______
    NINJA HAWKS

baller87
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudninja View Post
    WHat are you talking about? They always been only on the PS, with a couple for the PC? why will they change now? they have a great market for it only on a PS system.They are making new IPs for the 360, and tthe Wii will get the Crystal and spinn off dragon quest series games.
    i was talking about how final fantasy can go multiplatform to cover the cost of NEXT GEN development which is clearly higher than the last 2 gen. And they always havnt been on the ps they have made remakes on the ds, games for snes, nes, 360 final fantasy is a possiblity.

edit: i cant believe i completely forgot about Project Sylpheed by square and game arts

majinvegeta
    i was talking about how final fantasy can go multiplatform to cover the cost of NEXT GEN development which is clearly higher than the last 2 gen. And they always havnt been on the ps they have made remakes on the ds, games for snes, nes, 360 final fantasy is a possiblity.

edit: i cant believe i completely forgot about Project Sylpheed by square and game arts
    Dude, Square doesnt need to sell to multiplatforms to make money, they make enough money selling it on the PS.

Infact, they make most of their money off the PS consoles. This is why they moved to Playstation and its the reason they wanna stick with it. How many PS2's sold? 100 million, same goes with PS1. And compare that to Nintendo and MS, and its not worth porting over.

Its very unlikely it will happen, and I hope it doesnt, I dont want FF13 on PS3 and FF14 to move over to Xbox360, cuz that will force me to buy Xbox360 and its something I do not want to do.

Master Sage

How wil lthey ciover cost? They will lose even more money. Why do people keep thinking thta goging mutipalt will always help?
    Sig by Phaded
    _______
    NINJA HAWKS

baller87
    sigh, ok i guess i dont want to argue any further clearly going multiplatform will lead to loss rather than gain thats why there are always 2 versions if not 3 versions of almost every game for each console from almost every third party company to cover the cost of development and bring in as much revenue as possible.

Majin vegeta ps2 was a really good console but lets face it it had little or no competition even with realease of halo1 and 2 on the xbox. But this generation is a whole new ball game, ps3 will sell but i dont see as much as 100 mil atleast not for a while. But anyway i guess final fantasy for 360 will always be wishful thinking. I should be thankful that square enix is developing something for the 360 at all and i hope it comes out with final fantasy ripoffs with a different title

Killer trailer by the way, love the music ( does anyone know the name of that song) and i will probably buy a ps3 down the road in 2009 or 2010 just for final fantasy, kingdom hearts, god of war and mgs4!!!

Superior Member
    Hi there

I think that this guy is the main caracture and he actualy douse start off being a nice guy and out to save the planet, and the soldiers shooting him are his own troups.

I think somewhere along the line he is out to save the planet and get the last crystel, but somewhere along the way in getting he crystel he becomes too strong to continue living in the planet he trying to protect.

He is sat in the chair knowing now that the job is done and he allso knows now that this is really the end of the line for him, so even in saving the planet he can no longer stay there anymore, and this is why his own soldiers hesitate before they start to fire on him, and the fact that he retaliates says everything so far, he just cant be there anymore

I really think this is the last scean for the game and why the guy say that this will be a sad ending but it was the only thing they could do.

cheers

Roman

Forum Sage
    I really doubt it's the last scene of the game. As you can see, it says in the trailer something like "The battle for the final crystal is just the beginning of the new era". More like that scene is the beginning scene or something.

And no, the soldiers are not his own. Another thing said in the trailer's texts is that his kingdom & the final crystal are under attack from people who are using modern technology. The hesitation to shoot comes probably from the fact, that A) maybe they know how powerful the one protecting the crystal is (I reckon that's not the first attack against the crystal and its protector) and B) he's all alone and they're all like "WTF, why is he trying to attack all of us hundreds of soldiers alone", which means that they haven't seen his power being used with their own eyes but have only heard about it from the ones that have failed at capturing the crystal.

He's not "too powerful" to continue living in the world, but is simply completing his duty that's been passed along for generations with the king's of the country. If it's a kind of "tradition" for the king to protect the crystal, he couldn't have been on a mission to find it because... the crystal was already there with him. He's sitting on the chair because he has to protect the crystal. He looks somewhat bored, which is probably because he's been protecting it for so long.

Now playing: PSP: Persona 3 Portable (3)DS: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D PS3: deBlob 2 PC: The Witcher 2
    Next In Line: Ghost Trick
    Recently Finished:

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephyr View Post
    Looks incredibel. Does anyone know any names of characters? I think Versus XIII looks better than XIII. Are they both coming out at the same time?
    XIII is coming out late 07 or early 08.

Versus will not be done a the same time. Maybe a year after?

Thread Information