Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage

Cool Apollo Theatre Event Results! (Xbox 360 1 - PS3 0)

Xbox Scores First Round Knock Out of PS3

Apollo Audience and Players Give Unanimous Thumbs-up to Xbox 360 Over PlayStation3 at "Fight Night" Challenge on H3TV

Score one for the "little guy." Microsoft's Xbox 360, which currently owns less than a 20% share of the mega- billion dollar Video Game Console market, delivered a smashing upset of Sony's PlayStation3 in H3TV's head-to-head "Fight Night" battle at the Apollo. The PlayStation brand currently dominates the market with over 60% of the consoles in use.

H3 Enterprises, Inc. reported this morning that in a totally unbiased side-by-side face-off on H3TV, witnessed by cameras from CNBC and BET as well as a slew of magazine and newspaper reporters, Xbox 360 administered a convincing beat-down to it's highly sought after rival, PS3.

As a result of H3TV's split screen cyber technology, the overflow crowd was able to witness the two rival gaming consoles being played on the same 1080p monitor at the same time. Utilizing EA Sports' "Fight Night" on both consoles, H3TV was able to give the enthusiastic audience was given a clear view of the head-to-head imagery and graphics of the competing systems.

Many of Harlem's top rappers and "Fight Night" aficionados were given the opportunity to participate and experience the varied features that both consoles offer. The final results were unanimous and resounding.

"Xbox 360 is flat-out better both visually and mechanically," said H3's chief communications officer and world class gamer, Adrian "Hollywood" Walton. "When 'Fight Night' is played at its highest level with the highest possible resolution, everyone was able to see Xbox 360's superiority to PS3 as clear as can be on H3TV."

Dipset and H3 superstar Juelz Santana was just as emphatic in his breakdown of the "Fight Night" face-off: "H3TV completely exposed that PS3's High Definition picture doesn't come close to Xbox, at least for "Fight Night." Everyone that had the opportunity to compete on both consoles scored Xbox higher right across the board."

HTRE will feature a second round of H3TV's "Video Console Challenge" at Friday's Spike TV "Video Game Awards," December 8th. Present plans call for EA Sports top selling "Madden NFL 07" to be played simultaneously on H3TV by the brightest stars and best gamers in the world. There will also be a basketball shootout utilizing EA Sports "NBA Live 2007" and 2KSports "NBA 2K7." H3's "Backstage Booth" will be hosted by Walton and other Dipset stars.

H3 has also announced that due to its VGA travel schedule, its weekly Conference Call has been rescheduled for this coming Monday, December 11th at 12:00 noon. HTRE is the first publicly traded company devoted to the Hip Hop culture and community.
    I made this thread to gather the results of this interesting event comparing the most powerful next generation consoles.

Fight Night
    Winner: Xbox 360

NBA 07
    Winner: ?

NHL 07
    Winner: ?

:arrow Source
    Yup I'm Back. If you wonder, read this. =)
    "Fake Effects"? Read This. Move on. I'm not interested. Thank you

Xaor
    Pretty sure this has already been posted. Secondly, Sevens says the Ps3 version looks better, i'll believe him over some ridiculous publicity stunt.

Elite Member

Ah, dipset said it, it must be true.....

Dedicated Member
    when do you say to yourself

"man I would love to go to the apollo to see comparisons of ps3 vs xbox360 graphics"

that would be the most boring event ever.

Super Bias Moderator
    Posted like 10 thousand times before...besides why is such a mediocre game carrying so much hype around here. It was fun for about 10 minutes...last February.

Wii # 2775 0778 3886 7989

cirrus
    This thread isn't going anywhere as other opinions said the differ.

Perhaps a lock could be used?

Forum Sage
    Was it posted in the PS3 Section?

'cause I don't find it here.

If so, then please lock

Dedicated Member
    I recall seeing a similar thread about the same story.

Super Bias Moderator
    I've seen so many FNR3 comparison threads on this forum...It really should be a banned topic. I'm not sure why anyone really cares.

cirrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox View Post
    Was it posted in the PS3 Section?

'cause I don't find it here.

If so, then please lock
    Please try using a search next time.
    They help us not have dupe false threads all the time, thanks.

Mods, you can lock now. Everyone back to there stations.

Fishface
    Great news i always thought the 360 version looked better.

Super Bias Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cirrus View Post

Do we really need a lock? It was only posted once before and that post was locked and the user that posted it was banned.

Theres tons of FNR3 comparison topics, but only this one and the locked/banned one have links on them.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by cirrus View Post

I did search, but sometimes the search engine doesn't work well.

You would know if you posted worth news from time to time instead of limiting yourself to quick and often dull replies.

Btw, I don't know why was the other thread locked, it's not another "comparison" thread, but the result of a recognized event, regardless of how boring some would find it.

The reason why some people care, is because they are some key elements in this test. 1080p screens, recognized gamers and media writters and a game in which the "ported" or "limited development time" excuse doesn't work anymore.

Edit:

I've changed the thread title, since this event isn't limited to Fight Night 3, I'll gather the information and results of this event here.

Rune_74
    I'm sure cirrus would have posted it if it was ps3 positive, however, in this case it is not. Whats the big deal if the 360 version is better?

Dr_Evil
    Ok again, I just have to say it...

Pwned

cirrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanox View Post
    I did search, but sometimes the search engine doesn't work well.

You would know if you posted worth news from time to time instead of limiting yourself to quick and often dull replies.
    Please calm down. No need to rudely insult me.
    I'm just pointing out the obvious, to do a search. This forum has a great search tool. Utilize it.

That'll be all.

Fishface
    Aquanox dont waste your energy, these guys are just pissed about the ps3 taking another beating had the results been the other way around you would have been praised. Although all multiplatform games look better on the 360 its not really fair since the game doesnt take out the true power of the ps3 we should be doing comparisons in about 2years time then we will truely know whos the boss.

Forum Sage
    This event will continue so I made this one a kind of "Official Apollo Event Thread"

There are still the NBA and NHL rounds ahead.

Forum Sage

I will leave this thread open, Aquanox always delivers a good quality of threads. And he will do the same now!

baller87
    even 2 yrs down the road i still see xbox360 performing better than the ps3 in multiplatform titles cause its going to built using the 360 ofcourse, but i m seriously hoping that these devs realize like some have already ( virtua tennis devs and medal of honour airborne) that there should be 2 teams working on the same title 1 for the ps3 and 1 for 360 to fix issues like framerate and actually use the strengths of each console instead of the fear of cutting stuff out cause porting it would be difficult!, but i dont see that happening a lot obviously cause of money cause of money!!

Rune_74
    But baller they had two different teams working on fight...it came out a year later man.

Master Guru
    I don't know how to fell about that thread to cry or to laugh?How on earth the fight night 3 (especially) is better on the x360?We are talking about a incredible HUGE bias here.
    Good "night" my baby...i will always remember you.I love you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHZ2cooseqU&annotation_id=annotation_93283 5&feature=iv

Rune_74
    Arfi we are ok with your bias. Its not an issue for this thread.

It coud be because of some of the slowdowns who knows...I wasn't there.

baller87
    Quote Originally Posted by Rune_74 View Post
    But baller they had two different teams working on fight...it came out a year later man.
    but you did see the end result of fnr3 on the ps3 it sufferes from framerate issues which like other games that were ported from the 360 tells me that this is not a hardware issue, cause clearly games like motorstorm which was built using the ps3 didnt have any framerate issues ( from what i have seen), but its the laziness of the devs. Someone posted a pic of tony hawk on xbox and 360 well they have had the final dev kits last yr for a couple of months so they coudve tried to make it look better but they didnt and it looked the same for a lot of games at launch, why because many devs didnt use the 360 hardware probably cause they didnt know the haedware at the time. Again i m blaming the devs and they shouldve made fight night from scratch on both consoles and called it fnr4, instead they got lazy!

Rune_74
    See if its laziness its bound t o continue since well why work harder on one system then the other? Its not the devs fault its harder.

Thread Information