Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Aleman
    They said it would work with any BREW compatible phone when they first announced it. I'm guessing it will be a downloadable app just like all the other stuff available on (for example) Verizon's Get It Now service.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbbest View Post
    Maybe i dont get you, but that is possible in my poor country before 1-2 years, paying parking, food etc with cell phone, what is so cool with that?
    Its dumb.
    Ah, so in Croatia you are able to walk into a McDonalds and pull up the menu and order with your keypad? You can use your phone like a credit card? You can take public and private transit with your phone?

Why do I doubt that?

Rune_74
    Well in croatia...they will not serve you when you have a gun...I saw it on the door at mcdonalds....in zagreb at least they are not so backwards as many would believe...its actaully a pretty modern city

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rune_74 View Post
    Well in croatia...they will not serve you when you have a gun...I saw it on the door at mcdonalds....in zagreb at least they are not so backwards as many would believe...its actaully a pretty modern city
    I wasn't knocking Croatia... actually he was the one that called his country "poor". I was more talking about the infrastructure that it takes to make it work. It simply doesn't exist in most of the world.

Mbbest
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanL View Post
    Ah, so in Croatia you are able to walk into a McDonalds and pull up the menu and order with your keypad? You can use your phone like a credit card? You can take public and private transit with your phone?

Why do I doubt that?
    Yes, i buy my t-shirt with cell, its old thing, you can buy almoast everywhere and everything, you just need go to you mobile operater and sign contract wich links your mobile to credit card account, but as i allready saying, its OLD, its DUMB (i have credit cards with me all time) and totaly STUPID.

If you dont bealive me look here: http://www.t-mobile.hr/1/10-20-35-00-00.asp --- that is my operater, and service wich I using..but its not only one, there is much more..

And i repeat, that is in my poor country with 4million peoples.

Zagreb is worst part of Croatia, go to Split, or Dubrovnik..where all rich peoples from whole world is going on summer..this summer we have Abramovich, Tom Cruise, one guy from F1..and xxx other billioners

Look here, we are top1 in world
    http://www.lonelyplanet.com/columns/

But i repeat, it is poor country, we have sallary (for 1month) 3000kn and Playstation3 is 10000kn - nobody will buy that expensive toy. XBox360 is 4500kn now.

wtf, i just realized that this topic hasnt anything with my country ha ha
    Lets back to topic.

If anything, this is watering the 360 brand down. So it looks like most 360 games will get pushed by MS to be released on Vista as well? Because if all i can do on Vista is customize, I'm not going to do it. Isn't that where the 360 is supposed to come in? Or can't it do it? It'd be really pointless to push some features on Vista if you should be able to do it on the 360. And do i want to customize some cars on a cell phone? Or do I want to do it on my 360 with a big screen and actually test it out?

This makes little sense to me. Have totally gimped features on your cell phone, and the same features on Vista as on the 360. Why use Vista for this stuff? Or if you have Vista and a good PC, I'm no longer at all interested in the 360 if it's doing the same thing.

Having your media accessible from your 360 to your cell makes way more sense. I like the idea of having the friends list on a cell, but to do what? So you see your friends list and that they are playing Halo 3. Can you do anything worth while on your cell? I think this Live Anywhere is going to die a painful death. I highly doubt developers are going to spend extra time creating extensions of their games for cell phones and Vista as well. But we'll see.

Gdguide

Rune_74
    You have no idea what you are talking about...they showed that you can customize a skin for your car in foraz then transfer it to your cell phone and then take it to your friends house for instance. See the thing is at least you know Microsoft will support this and do must of the work so the devs just have to utilize.

Superior Member
    Their are tons of Windows Mobile phones, but they are expensive... and worth it.

Live Anywhere will be amazing.

I have an XBOX 360, XBOX LIVE, Windows Mobile Phone (Motorola Q), and a Windows Vista RC2 and will be getting a copy of Vista Ultimate when it comes out on Jan. 19th!
    "There is no console war, just kids without enough money"
    PSN ID: Aift | Gamertag: Aift

So you're saying this is cool because you can edit the car on your 360, transfer it to a phone, and then put it on your friends 360? And this is better than transfering it with a memory card because they decided to use a cell phone instead?

I thought you could edit it on your cell, which is a lot more interesting that what you're talking about. Why not just have an attachment option in games where you can send it to your friend? Makes way more sense to me.

As for a cool idea for a cell phone, I'd love to see 360 games like a Splintercell kind of game where an agent reaches you through your cell phone. You could have it so it's just a program running, and not an actual call, but that would be totally rad hearing instructions about some plot through your cell.

Gdguide

You have no idea what you are talking about...they showed that you can customize a skin for your car in foraz then transfer it to your cell phone and then take it to your friends house for instance. See the thing is at least you know Microsoft will support this and do must of the work so the devs just have to utilize.

Aleman
    The Live Anywhere idea for Forza 2 is that you can use your PC to create the textures for your car (using a tool like Photoshop, for example) and transfer it to your 360 to use in game.

The cell phone stuff is pretty gimmicky--it's mostly there so you can check your friends list or queue up downloads remotely.

Knuckles126
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleman View Post
    The Live Anywhere idea for Forza 2 is that you can use your PC to create the textures for your car (using a tool like Photoshop, for example) and transfer it to your 360 to use in game.

The cell phone stuff is pretty gimmicky--it's mostly there so you can check your friends list or queue up downloads remotely.
    That would really be awesome becasue I use Photoshop on a daily basis.

Rune_74
    being able to add stuff to your game was a big selling point to the ps3 at e3, so far they haven't shown anything to do it with, with this the 360 has actaully shown something that will work. This can only be a good thing for those that want it.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbbest View Post
    Yes, i buy my t-shirt with cell, its old thing, you can buy almoast everywhere and everything, you just need go to you mobile operater and sign contract wich links your mobile to credit card account, but as i allready saying, its OLD, its DUMB (i have credit cards with me all time) and totaly STUPID.

If you dont bealive me look here: http://www.t-mobile.hr/1/10-20-35-00-00.asp --- that is my operater, and service wich I using..but its not only one, there is much more..

And i repeat, that is in my poor country with 4million peoples.
    You misunderstand what I was saying... there is a big difference between being able to use your cell as a credit card and being able to walk into a McDonalds, connect to the cell phone cashier, bring up the menu, queue up your order, and pay for it without ever talking to a person at the counter.

And I fail to see how using a mobile device to consolidate the number of devices or things you have to manage is dumb and stupid. Maybe the implementation in Croatia is dumb and stupid, but the implementation in Japan is absolute ****ing brilliance.

Elite Guru

I think some of you guys need to watch that video again.
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Supreme Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Live Anywhere is promising, more than some here wish

You get what you pay for, sure free online is great fellas, but that's all you get free online multiplayer, because I've seen more than just that I want more than just that because for me Live is affordable and worth it, everyone has an opinion but everyones opinions are not gospel, mine included, the PS3's free online is not the factor which has me wanting it.
    Main PC: INTEL CORE i7 4930k | ASUS P9X79-PRO | 16GB G-SKILL 2400MHz RAM | GTX 780 3GB PHANTOM GLH EDITION | SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB | 2 X 1TB WD RE4 | 2TB WD GREEN | SILVERSTONE STRIDER 1200W GOLD | HAF-X w/ DEMCI FLEX FILTERS | SWIFTECH H320 AIO | WINDOWS 8.1 PRO w/ MEDIA CENTER x64.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by JordanL View Post
    You misunderstand what I was saying... there is a big difference between being able to use your cell as a credit card and being able to walk into a McDonalds, connect to the cell phone cashier, bring up the menu, queue up your order, and pay for it without ever talking to a person at the counter.

And I fail to see how using a mobile device to consolidate the number of devices or things you have to manage is dumb and stupid. Maybe the implementation in Croatia is dumb and stupid, but the implementation in Japan is absolute ****ing brilliance.
    Yeah, I can't wait to order fast food on my cell.....

Its one of those things that's there "just because it can." Not knocking it, but there's so much more that can be done with that technology to fawn over than ordering a Big Mac.

Superior Member
    Some of you care to much, you keep on posting on XBOX360 threads. Stop bashing and jump in already, you know you want to.
    Funny sig animations, but unfortunately, they're too large (the maximum allowed size is 35KB for sig pics combined). - The_One

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ryumo View Post
    Yeah, I can't wait to order fast food on my cell.....

Its one of those things that's there "just because it can." Not knocking it, but there's so much more that can be done with that technology to fawn over than ordering a Big Mac.
    You don't honestly think that I was holding that up as the pinacle of mobile technology, do you?

C'mon. I was using that as an example of where things are now. If you can order a Big Mac on your cell in Tokyo, think of what we'll be able to do just a few years from now.

Rune_74
    Hell we can go to work, make friends, have relationships and even get married on our cell phones soon...and only then will be a complete society.

Master Guru
    I think it is a cool idea, because while some people work (you know, have jobs) thier gamer score or rep will increase, much like the people who live in the basment of thier parents house...

Anyway... we'll have to wait and see!

Thread Information