Latest PSU headlines:

Page 368 of 510 FirstFirst ... 358368378 ... LastLast
Results 9,176 to 9,200 of 12746
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    I dont mind action with CGI, I just dont think it should be the forefront, or if it is, it should have an equally good story (think The Matrix). And I am pretty sure this is not just another michael bay-esque film. Im not comparing this to battleship or something. Its just that ive noticed over the course of many superhero movies being released, I've heard too many average/below-average superhero movies (I guess I have high expectations for this stuff because I know how deep it can get and how good they developed) receive scores of like 8 and 9, simply because fans liked seeing the superheroes they are fans of in a live action movie. I rate the original x-men trilogy (im the only one i know who loved Last Stand, but i'll explain that another time) and the Spiderman movies (excluding that pos #3) as top notch superhero movies. Everything else is below those, even everyones beloved Iron Man (which was still a very good movie but not a 9/10 movie or something like that). Thus, when i hear all these 10 out of 10s, im assuming you are saying that The Avengers is considerably better than any other superhero film out there (bar nolan's batman). I'm just going off my own experience listening to fan reviews and then seeing the movies myself, thats why i "call bs", not because I think that its not a good movie but because people are getting carried away.

And for the record, im a pretty big comic book fan. But its for that reason I look at a lot of these movies with pessimism because studios only see things films as cash cow blockbusters and they dont really give them the respect they deserve. Again, Batman being an exception, and X-men too i believe. I believe the original stories are so well crafted that the focus of any superhero movie should be the story and deep themes (and characters), and the action is just a complement to it, not the driving force.

But I do want to see The Avengers and I will watch it with an open mind (and optimism given all the praise!). Also, great acting from Scarlett who steals the show several times??? This i gotta see. I love the girl, but not for her acting.

p.s. sorry for making this reply so long
    No no, never too long of a response, amazing one actually. To be fair, I did rate it as a fanboy first, but there was something about this one that stood out from the rest of the Marvel films and I saw this in regular 3D, but for some reason, I was immersed in it, just like with MI4 Ghost Protocol, with the IMAX shots and all. And the same with TDK when I saw it. Funny you should mention X3, I still have it. I like the whole Dark Phoenix storyline, reminded me of the black and white graphic novel I bought when I was in grade 8.

I guess it was the experience that made me give Avengers a 10 and by that rating, I just mean to compare it to other Marvel films, but definately not the whole comic book genre as a whole cause Marvel and DC are two different camps. And I dunno if you liked Thor, but you'll like Loki even more in this one. And Mark Ruffalo reminds me of Bill Bixby's Hulk. But I'm seeing it again to watch it as a film this time.

Master Guru
    Mission Impossible 4

7/10.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT] View Post
    On topic: Saw The Avengers yesterday, just a generally awesome day, drinks, movies, awesome Mexican food ... all with this super hot/funny/interesting chick. Anyway, it fires on all cylinders, great character interaction, perfect handling of the Hulk, had a great comic book look and feel, funny, well balanced, great use of the previous movies for lead in. 9/10.
    Apparently plenty of folks agreed (even in this thread): $200M+ weekend, biggest opening +ever+ (trounced the previous title holder, Harry Pooper), now with just this US weekend and the previous week overseas it’s done over $640 million!

Get your asses assembled for the sequel!
    "Remember, you're young only once but you can be immature forever."

4. Likes THUGGEDOUT likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Fast 5: 7.5/20

I really liked the movie. things clicked well, action worked and the tough guy lines werent even annoying. And their feel good ending actually made me feel good.

Also, for the avengers, i havent seen Thor or Cap A. do i need to watch these first or should i? Im assuming so, just to get the motion picture background on loki

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation

I really liked the movie. things clicked well, action worked and the tough guy lines werent even annoying. And their feel good ending actually made me feel good.

Also, for the avengers, i havent seen Thor or Cap A. do i need to watch these first or should i? Im assuming so, just to get the motion picture background on loki

They set up the Avengers, but it's very subtle and after the credits of each movie. They're more standalone. And there's a youtube clip somewhere where all the end credits scenes of each movie from Iron Man 1 to Thor are shown, or even some trailer edits involving all those clips.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    IMAX 3d Avengers.... 10/10. Best movie I have seen since The Dark Knight. Can not wait for everyone's single movie and another Avengers.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

8. Likes THUGGEDOUT likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Hell naw.

X2
    X-MEN: FIRST CLASS
    IRON MAN
    IRON MAN 2
    THE INCREDIBLE HULK
    CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER

Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.
    According to RT.com, only Spiderman 2 and Iron Man could even be considered as possible contenders.

I'm still giving it to The Avengers though ,since it would have been much easier to screw up a movie of this scale.

Not essential, but nice to have seen beforehand.

Also based on initial weekend numbers, I won't be surprised if this easily crosses the 1 billion mark.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    According to RT.com, only Spiderman 2 and Iron Man could even be considered as possible contenders.
    Rotten Tomatoes and I don't exactly get along all the time. For example, I hate SPIDER-MAN 2. I think it's even worse than SPIDER-MAN 3 which I only found to be mediocre.

Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Forum Sage
    Rotten Tomatoes and I don't exactly get along all the time. For example, I hate SPIDER-MAN 2. I think it's even worse than SPIDER-MAN 3 which I only found to be mediocre.

Well since RT is an aggregate site, then I doubt any movie ratings website would agree wit you.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Cloverfield 8/10
    i always liked those camera over the shoulder type movies haha
    i find it funny that the character holding the camera most of the times name was HUD lol

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Ultimate Veteran
    Wow, I strongly disagree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by zzKurozz View Post
    Cloverfield 8/10
    i always liked those camera over the shoulder type movies haha
    i find it funny that the character holding the camera most of the times name was HUD lol
    I enjoyed it too. A sequel should be out by 2014, assuming J.J. Abrams, Matt Reeves, and Drew Goddard can finally get together and work on it.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 05-07-2012 at 03:15.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I enjoyed it too. A sequel should be out by 2014, assuming J.J. Abrams, Matt Reeves, and Drew Goddard find the time to get together and work on it.
    I heard it's not going to be first person like the first that true?
    Last edited by Kuro; 05-07-2012 at 03:20.

‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    I heard it's not going to be first person like that true?
    Rumor was second is perspective of Army and third is everything taking place after. SO yeah no more first person. We will see tho.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Rumor was second is perspective of Army and third is everything taking place after. SO yeah no more first person. We will see tho.
    oh ok hope they do it in first again have like a reporter join and document a certain group a soldiers something like that would be cool imo

Ultimate Veteran
    Nothing has been set in stone yet.

What we do know is that J.J. Abrams himself confirmed the monster had been killed by the U.S. military, following the Hammer-down protocol (using a Massive ordnance Air Blast bomb), which tells me that they probably won't focus on the same monster. Cloverpedia has an entire page dedicated to the monster.

I guess they could always do something along the lines of a documentary focusing on the world's (but mostly America's) reaction to the events in New York City that night and then have it slowly transition into a monster attack somewhere else. My first thought was Japan because it was a Japanese mining company that awakened the monster with their deep-sea drilling station on the Mid-Atlantic Ridge but they probably won't go in that direction since J.J. Abrams' vision for Cloverfield was to establish a monster for American audiences.

In any case, I'd love to see a sequel. Cloverfield was one of those rare movies that I followed religiously before its theatrical release, saw it in theaters, bought it later and then continued talking about it for the rest of the year. To this day, I still think it has some of the best special effects in a movie.

18. Likes Kuro likes this post
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    I heard it's not going to be first person like the first that true?
    Nothing is for sure, there's not even a script for it. They have to get the three guys together before the premise will even be decided.

Tapatalk

Dedicated Member
    THE AVENGERS 10/10 man I haven't felt this way about a movie since last time I watched Return of the King. I mean they nailed this movie. Tons of awesome character moments, everyone felt relevant and important, some very hilarious parts, awesome and iconic characters, and an enjoyable story. Also the visuals were spectacular and the bad guys were well done. I loved the good mix of foot soldiers, guys riding stuff, gigantic monsters, and of course the clever and cunning Loki. This movie was everything I wanted it to be, I can't wait to pick it up on Blu-Ray, also watching it again next friday with a bunch of friends.

[EDIT]

On the topic of Cloverfield, I really was a fan of that movie. I loved the realistic approach to the old giant monster movie genre. If they do a sequel and JJ is involved I'll surely be seeing it.

Also can't wait for The Dark Knight Rises and Prometheus!!! Spiderman is looking pretty good too, and of course I can't wait to see The Hobbit, but that is a while down the road.
    Last edited by bigCman123; 05-07-2012 at 06:23.

21. Likes THUGGEDOUT likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Alien Director's Cut -8.5/10- You ever notice how the alien doen't attack Ripley until after she undresses and is in her panties, you pervy Xenomorph you!

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Elite Member
    I dunno if I wanna see a second CLOVERFIELD although I did like the first fine enough. I just have a hard time shaking the idea that he actually kept the camera throughout all of the mayhem.

Wow, I strongly disagree with this.
    It's a free country man, lol.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Aliens: Special Edition -9.3/10- I prefer this over the theatrical version, I also love the score on this film.

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Shame - 6/10

Definitely an interesting movie, with a good performance by Fassbender. But it was a bit too slow for me, and I usually love slow movies. lol

Ultimate Veteran
    It's a free country man, lol.
    I know. I'm exercising my right to disagree with you.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Iron Man -8/10-

Elite Member
    I know. I'm exercising my right to disagree with you.
    And I fully welcomed that when I said "it's a free country," as in you're free to disagree.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    enough of this respect of one another. Spiderman 3 was monstrosity, no questions.

Thread Information