Page 369 of 513 FirstFirst ... 359369379 ... LastLast
Results 9,201 to 9,225 of 12823
    Elite Member
    It was bad but not nearly as bad as SPIDER-MAN 2.

Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Soldier 95B
    American Reunion 9/10
    Mission Impossible 4 8/10

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    American Reunion 9/10
    Mission Impossible 4 8/10

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Seen the same movies last week. 9/10 for reunion 7/10 for MI4

Also watched Tucker and Dale vs Evil for the millionth time 20/10!!!

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    enough of this respect of one another. Spiderman 3 was monstrosity, no questions.
    True, this did after all, give us dancing emo Parker.

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    21 jump street 8/10

Surprisingly funny it had me in stitches at times which I was not expecting. A with most comedies the laughs die down towards the end.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Avengers: Still a 10, after my second time seeing it.

7. Likes THUGGEDOUT likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Drive: 8/10

You dont get movies like this anymore. This movie does not $#@! around and comes at you straight, no excuses, no obligations. The subtext between Driver and Irene was nice to watch. One of those movies where the less thats spoken, the more thats said. I also like seeing Carey Mulligan in movies, she doesnt disappoint. Plus, she seems like a real sweetheart in real life. I also liked the directing and the cinematographic. the soundtrack also did not disappoint, although I cant remember more than 5 or 6 songs in the whole movie. Still, they were very good. All three really helped establish this kind of fantasied 80s LA feel, even though I think the movie was set in present day. I even liked the pink typeface and felt it added to that 80s LA feel. And the movie itself seems to reflect its own atmosphere. What I mean by that is like, I wouldnt call Drive particularly memorable or something to be watched over and over, but its something that you sit and watch and feel it and when its over, its just over and thats it, you move on, just like driver. Even though its a really emotional and atmospheric film, it doesnt leave you too attached. at least i wasnt. But I think this might also be in part that over the course of watching the film and really connecting with the great characters, I dont know about you guys but by the end of the film, I had adopted some the characteristics and mannerisms of the Driver. I think a lot of guys feel like there is some part of them that is a little bit of a loner, so after watching this film and connecting with the characters, I felt more calm and stoic; started walking with a slower, more deliberate pace and with better posture. then I was thinking about how I should get a leather jacket with a scorpion on it but i stopped soon after that lol. Good stuff, hope to see more movies like this being made.

9. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Law abiding citizen. 10/10

Is it just me or does Butler get the most badass lines in all movies?!?!?

"I'm gonna bring the whole $#@!ing diseased corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical"

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

11. Likes Wrath likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Jackie Brown -7.5/10-

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Avengers: 9/10

Love the humour in it,and it's not from Stark only,But hated how they didn't put a prologue for people who haven't seen the other movies especially Thor,i've seen them but there were people with me who haven't.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Elite Member
    I watched the 90-minute pilot of Firefly since that seems to be what most people consider to be Joss Whedon's opus as of now. It's really not that good. The writing is lousy, the acting is wooden, and as a whole it's incredibly generic. It picks up towards the end of the pilot but it's still pretty "meh."

Of course I will keep watching the series to the end so I can give it a fair shot but as of now, Firefly gets a C.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Law abiding citizen. 10/10

Is it just me or does Butler get the most badass lines in all movies?!?!?

"I'm gonna bring the whole $#@!ing diseased corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical"
    I know, right? What an awesome movie that was. Just wish that ending had never seen the light of day... Pure Hollywood garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I watched the 90-minute pilot of Firefly since that seems to be what most people consider to be Joss Whedon's opus as of now. It's really not that good. The writing is lousy, the acting is wooden, and as a whole it's incredibly generic. It picks up towards the end of the pilot but it's still pretty "meh."

Of course I will keep watching the series to the end so I can give it a fair shot but as of now, Firefly gets a C.

Please stop posting your reviews. You'd be MUCH better off at Rotten Tomatoes...

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    No need to be grumpy just because you don't agree man...

The Fighter 9/10
    Awesome movie, really good performance by Bale.
    I might even start to like Marky Mark

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast of Bourbon View Post
    No need to be grumpy just because you don't agree man...

The Fighter 9/10
    Awesome movie, really good performance by Bale.
    I might even start to like Marky Mark
    It's not even about Firefly. It's about every single review that sounds like it was done by one of those paid "pro" critics that apparently know more than the average joe, which is, of course, bull$#@!.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Hmm i wouldn't be able to tell - i don't even know RT or read alot of "professional" movie reviews.
    Usually i just read what the guys here at PSU have to say and i get along fine so far

Forgot to mention THE THING (Remake/Prequel)
    I'd give it a 6/10 it's not as suspenseful as the "first" movie but a decent horrorflick.
    The monsters are pretty cool and reminded me of deadspace.
    Last edited by Beast of Bourbon; 05-08-2012 at 13:13.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    Drive: 8/10

You dont get movies like this anymore. This movie does not $#@! around and comes at you straight, no excuses, no obligations. The subtext between Driver and Irene was nice to watch. One of those movies where the less thats spoken, the more thats said. I also like seeing Carey Mulligan in movies, she doesnt disappoint. Plus, she seems like a real sweetheart in real life. I also liked the directing and the cinematographic. the soundtrack also did not disappoint, although I cant remember more than 5 or 6 songs in the whole movie. Still, they were very good. All three really helped establish this kind of fantasied 80s LA feel, even though I think the movie was set in present day. I even liked the pink typeface and felt it added to that 80s LA feel. And the movie itself seems to reflect its own atmosphere. What I mean by that is like, I wouldnt call Drive particularly memorable or something to be watched over and over, but its something that you sit and watch and feel it and when its over, its just over and thats it, you move on, just like driver. Even though its a really emotional and atmospheric film, it doesnt leave you too attached. at least i wasnt. But I think this might also be in part that over the course of watching the film and really connecting with the great characters, I dont know about you guys but by the end of the film, I had adopted some the characteristics and mannerisms of the Driver. I think a lot of guys feel like there is some part of them that is a little bit of a loner, so after watching this film and connecting with the characters, I felt more calm and stoic; started walking with a slower, more deliberate pace and with better posture. then I was thinking about how I should get a leather jacket with a scorpion on it but i stopped soon after that lol. Good stuff, hope to see more movies like this being made.
    totally agree...i had the same experience with pulp fiction.they were so well written. Any movie that moves you emotionally has a place in my heart.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    The Next Three Days -7.5/10- Been putting off watching this film, not sure why but glad I got around to seeing it, pretty good thriller.

PSN ID
    Jrodd87
    The Avengers 10/10

plan on seeing it again pretty soon. Movie of the year in my book

22. Likes THUGGEDOUT likes this post
    Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    I know, right? What an awesome movie that was. Just wish that ending had never seen the light of day... Pure Hollywood garbage.

Please stop posting your reviews. You'd be MUCH better off at Rotten Tomatoes...
    LAW ABIDING CITIZEN was trash all the way through.

And it's not my fault that Joss Whedon's writing involves a "stop everything and laugh!" mentality that's just plain pathetic his "wit" is shoehorned into every scene until it just becomes unnecessarily showy. I'd like to see one film or show where he doesn't stroke his own "genius."

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    totally agree...i had the same experience with pulp fiction.they were so well written. Any movie that moves you emotionally has a place in my heart.
    well, I think my biggest internal reaction to a movie came after watching V for Vendetta. I was 17 when I saw it and I dont think it really revolutioninzed anything, but i've never seen writing, action, philosophy, emotion, and psychology come together like that before. By the end of the movie I was just basically in shock. I was riding home with my friend and I didnt say a single word. I just sat there letting it all soak in. Thats one of my favorite feelings.
    I also had a similar but less severe experience (because it was less psychological, but still emotional) after seeing District 9. but with that movie, I did see things that i've never seen before.

My second favorite movie of all time, Good Will Hunting also left a very strong emotional impression on me, because I really felt like I related a lot to Will. I think theres a large group of intelligent yet underachieving kids out there who have a lot of potential but dont use it, either because of fear or whathaveyou.

Now as far as feel good feelings, I always get those when watching what I call these new "young adult coming of age" films. Movies like Nick and Norah' Infinite playlist, Youth in Revolt, Adventureland, etc... I really am a sucker for these kinds of movies. They just feel so real and honest to me and I cant help but connect with them.

And finally, after watching Return of the King and concluding the greatest film franchise in history, I cursed Tolkien's name for dying and not being able to extend this truly magical journey. I havent seen a LOTR movie in 5 years now, and I probably wait another 5-7 years and then marathon them with a friend of mine (who's also doing) and its going to be amazing and then I can die in peace

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

And it's not my fault that Joss Whedon's writing involves a "stop everything and laugh!" mentality that's just plain pathetic … his "wit" is shoehorned into every scene until it just becomes unnecessarily showy. I'd like to see one film or show where he doesn't stroke his own "genius."

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Ronin -7.5/10- The car chase near the end of the film was done very well.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    The big lebowski also found its way into my favourite movies ever list. . As did anchorman..all for different reasons...

I recommend you watch 'swimming with sharks' with kevin spacey and frank whalley, if you haven't already. Would be interesting to get your thoughts...same with american psycho too...god i love that film.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Master Guru

And it's not my fault that Joss Whedon's writing involves a "stop everything and laugh!" mentality that's just plain pathetic … his "wit" is shoehorned into every scene until it just becomes unnecessarily showy. I'd like to see one film or show where he doesn't stroke his own "genius."

And this is exactly ​what I'm talking about...

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    And this is exactly ​what I'm talking about...
    What, that I have a strong opinion on something I generally don't like?

Thread Information