Latest PSU headlines:

Page 373 of 501 FirstFirst ... 363373383 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,325 of 12514
    Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by THUGGEDOUT View Post
    9 -7/10- Pretty cool film, need to have more darker animated films out there.
    Have you seen the short film it's based on? The short film is really cool. The feature-length film I wasn't a fan. I remember being really really REALLY excited for it and I even saw it the day it came out, which was also the first day of my freshman year of high school (9/9/09). I remember being really underwhelmed.

Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    I'm serious, go see Oldboy. Just dont make it a date night movie.
    Love that movie! Did you see the others? I think Lady Vengeance or Revenge was one, and there was another, but I forgot the name.

5 Year Engagement - 8.5/10
    Was a lot funnier than I thought it would be. Great movie
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    Love that movie! Did you see the others? I think Lady Vengeance or Revenge was one, and there was another, but I forgot the name.

5 Year Engagement - 8/10
    Was a lot funnier than I thought it would be. Great movie
    I saw Oldboy like 4 years ago and havent seen the others. I think i'm going to find some weekend and rewatch Oldboy along with the other two.l

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Paid In Full -6.5/10-

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Waiting for it to finish D/L. I have Ichi The Killer on the HDD, so that should keep me busy. Apparently the jizz is real LOL.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Water for Elephants: 8/10

A really good movie. Well done in just about every way from the production, to the costume and set design, to the music, to the acting. Especially the acting. Christoph Waltz, what can you say? The man just knows how to steal the show. And I hope that most of you guys have not watched any of the twilight movies because Robert Pattinson is also excellent in this. Very solid drama with a nice blend of romance.

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Billu Barber - 7/10 .. not the best movie story wise but it was entertaining and I love foreign movies so this to me was entertaining.

This song was pretty awesome when I saw it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrIbnIdMLQk

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    Water for Elephants: 8/10

A really good movie. Well done in just about every way from the production, to the costume and set design, to the music, to the acting. Especially the acting. Christoph Waltz, what can you say? The man just knows how to steal the show. And I hope that most of you guys have not watched any of the twilight movies because Robert Pattinson is also excellent in this. Very solid drama with a nice blend of romance.
    Haha, were you watching it on TV? Cause I definitely watched it around the same time.

I thought it was good as well. Solid story, good score, good cinematography. I wasn't a fan of Pattinson or Reese though. Not because of Twilight I just don't think he did much for the role, and same with Reese. They're suppose to develop a romance and it was hard to get into that for me. I mean I went along with it but the emotion wasn't all there.

Waltz definitely steals the show. Any emotion I got from the movie like his craziness and animal abuse all stemmed from him. The jokes, etc.

9. Likes DINAMO788 wishes they had posted this first.
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Predators -6/10- Shame about this film, had real potential. Was let down by the Edwin & Noland characters, they could have been done a lot better.

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Yeah Topher Grace was by far the worst and weirdest casting call out there (and that's twice..first was for Spider-Man 3 as Venom of all people)...Laurence Fishburne's character started out cool but left off too cliche and they could have kept him alive..but my favorite part was when the Japanese Yakuza fights one of the predators in the open field..that was really cool...reminded me of Ninja Scroll a little bit.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Yeah Topher Grace was by far the worst and weirdest casting call out there (and that's twice..first was for Spider-Man 3 as Venom of all people)...Laurence Fishburne's character started out cool but left off too cliche and they could have kept him alive..but my favorite part was when the Japanese Yakuza fights one of the predators in the open field..that was really cool...reminded me of Ninja Scroll a little bit.
    I actually liked Edwin and Grace was a good call IMO (although I had my reservations, when I first heard he was cast.) but I thought they wasted the character and should have let him live at the end. To me it would make things interesting not only for the other survivors but the Predators as well, the next time around. Noland, well, I just thought Fishburne could have done with some weight loss for the role, especially considering the characters situation. I also didn't like the fact that he saves them, only to just try and kill them just for their weapons. But I do agree about the Yakuza scene, that was done really well.

Elite Member
    BOOKER'S PLACE: A MISSISSIPPI STORY (Raymond De Felitta, 2012) A

Don't be put off by the fact that it's a documentary. This film is very engaging and discusses race relations in the South without becoming preachy like I thought it would. I never thought that a small little independent documentary at the Tribeca Film Festival would end up being my favorite film of 2012 so far.

Topher Grace is just awful in everything, except That 70's Show. Lawrence Fishburne is normally a good actor but he was terrible in PREDATORS laughably bad.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    BOOKER'S PLACE: A MISSISSIPPI STORY (Raymond De Felitta, 2012) — A

Don't be put off by the fact that it's a documentary. This film is very engaging and discusses race relations in the South without becoming preachy like I thought it would. I never thought that a small little independent documentary at the Tribeca Film Festival would end up being my favorite film of 2012 so far.

Topher Grace is just awful in everything, except That 70's Show. Lawrence Fishburne is normally a good actor but he was terrible in PREDATORS … laughably bad.

Yeah I know there was some terrible acting in that movie. Fishburne was by far the biggest shock to me. When I saw Grace in the movie I just had a facepalm moment. As someone said the movie had potential but failed miserably.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Should have been directed by Robert Rodriguez instead of produced.

Elite Member
    I enjoyed PREDATORS, actually. I'll even go so far as to say it's as entertaining as the first.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    I do give the movie the scene where Trejo is dead and the Predators setup a trap using his voice. That creeped me out a bit.

The boars scene was unfortunately watered down. Should've been much more dangerous and violent. Fishburne was a disappointment before the movie was even released and it was announced he would replace Arnie's cameo. I was mildly entertained by the Topher's character arc... shame his acting just doesn't fit.

Btw, Dre... Rodriguez has his share of bad movies too. He should've let go of Spy Kids ages ago, but whatever... he does it for the families.
    Last edited by RedDragon7; 05-13-2012 at 23:44.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    I agree. the only good role he can do is the role of the skinny annoying guy, and even that isnt enjoyable too watch because hes too annoying.

Plus, the worst casting job was Topher Grace as

19. Likes THUGGEDOUT wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    I do give the movie the scene where Trejo is dead and the Predators setup a trap using his voice. That creeped me out a bit.

The boars scene was unfortunately watered down. Should've been much more dangerous and violent. Fishburne was a disappointment before the movie was even released and it was announced he would replace Arnie's cameo. I was mildly entertained by the Topher's character arc... shame his acting just doesn't fit.

Btw, Dre... Rodriguez has his share of bad movies too. He should've let go of Spy Kids ages ago, but whatever... he does it for the families.
    Oh god, the SPY KIDS films are just awful. I don't know how he can make such great films like FROM DUSK TILL DAWN and SIN CITY while also doing SPY KIDS.

But he actually didn't direct PREDATORS if I remember correctly, just produced it.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    I enjoyed PREDATORS, actually. I'll even go so far as to say it's as entertaining as the first.
    Same, but I wouldn't say it's anywhere near Predator 1. The nods were nice and I didn't think Adrian Brody could do it, but he convinced me. The only reason I have it is because I've always liked Predators over Aliens if we're talking which alien race is superior (not the movies)

Come on man, I don't praise this guy, I didn't like Planet Terror that much and it's from Robert. It was little too overkill with the exploitation theme. From Dusk Till Dawn on the other the hand, no we're talkin'. And I only liked Spy Kids when I was a kid. But they're terrible movies and yeah, he did them because he always wanted to do family movies which is weird, but ok.

Elite Member
    The only reason I have it is because I've always liked Predators over Aliens if we're talking which alien race is superior (not the movies)
    In terms of who would win in a fight, ALIEN VS PREDATOR and its sequel answered that already. In terms of badassery and design, I've gotta go with the xenomorphs. The Predators kinda look dumb and cheesy now.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Oh god, the SPY KIDS films are just awful. I don't know how he can make such great films like FROM DUSK TILL DAWN and SIN CITY while also doing SPY KIDS.

But he actually didn't direct PREDATORS if I remember correctly, just produced it.

Come on man, I don't praise this guy, I didn't like Planet Terror that much and it's from Robert. It was little too overkill with the exploitation theme. From Dusk Till Dawn on the other the hand, no we're talkin'. And I only liked Spy Kids when I was a kid. But they're terrible movies and yeah, he did them because he always wanted to do family movies which is weird, but ok.
    You guys are taking this harder than I was intending. I'm not saying Rodriguez is terrible, nor did he direct the Predators movie. Going back to Dre's original comment about him directing instead of producing.... what I was getting was I don't think it would've made much difference. That's all.

Yeah, I enjoyed Spy Kids when I was a kid too. I still think it's a fun movie, just the sequels go off the deep end with the family crap.

Personally, I prefer Predators. Aliens are a weapon form of an animal. Engineered and designed to be lethal but they still only run on instinct. Predators are an actual race that use strategy and weapons to hunt. Don't hold the monkey-see-monkey-do crap that AVP had against Predators. Bad movie, worse director.

Predator 1- One predator took out a platoon of soldiers. Sure in Alien one xeno took out the crew but none of them were trained to fight.
    Last edited by RedDragon7; 05-14-2012 at 01:56.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Avengers made over 1 billion worldwide.

RIP Oculus Rift

25. Likes THUGGEDOUT , Lebowski wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Oh my god, is that really necessary lol. Hope Whedon uses this power for good.

Elite Member
    I think Predators using strategy to hunt makes them less intimidating than xenomorphs. Predators have drive and purpose and that makes them less scary than something that just kills haphazardly and with no real reason or purpose. It's why we fear killers like Michael Myers. He kills and we don't know why (pretend the Druid curse thing never happened). Xenomorphs embody that idea of pure death and evil in its physical form.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    While that's all true, I like the Predator because he hunts for game. It's nothing but sport, and not only that, but the shoulder cannon and the stealth ability make his kills more creative. He also has a nice trophy collection of skulls, and there's a big nod to AVP in Predator 2 near the end. And if all else fails, the Predator wants to make sure, the winner loses too. That's why he has that nuke. Great contingency plan if outnumbered 100 to 1. Oh and I grew up watching Predator before Alien, so yeah. Not to mention the hidden gem called Predator: Concrete Jungle for the PS2.

Thread Information