Page 387 of 514 FirstFirst ... 377387397 ... LastLast
Results 9,651 to 9,675 of 12850
    Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Menace II Society - 9.5/10 A brilliant movie. I don't want to spoil it so I'll just post the description. "A young street hustler attempts to escape the rigors and temptations of the ghetto in a quest for a better life. "

Last edited by Firefox; 06-21-2012 at 07:18.

2. Likes PS4freak , Wrath likes this post
    Elite Member
    Collaborator is an intense drama with some really great character development and an especially wonderful performance by David Morse. A-

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance is ridiculous, with terrible dialogue and a way over-the-top performance by Nicolas Cage . . . but I think that's why I kinda really dig this movie. The direction is cool and artistically I think it stands out. Much like it's predecessor, this film is total camp for me, but I think this is even better than Ghost Rider. B+

Moonrise Kingdom is an excellent coming-of-age film, whimsical yet occasionally morbid, and clever yet occasionally silly. The cast is uniformly excellent, especially the two kids. If I had to look for a gripe, it would be that Harvey Keitel, Jason Schwartzman, and Tilda Swinton are all underused. All three are fine actors, and yet they probably get less than fifteen minutes of screen time combined. Still, I love this movie, probably my favorite of the year. A
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Chernobyl Diaries-5/10
    Ah!!! *Wall Bang * $#@!!!
    Movie was horrible I was looking forward to it too. Jump Scares were pathetic..

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Scott Pilgrim vs the World

Loved
    -The video game sounds, music, and references
    -The special effects
    -The fight scenes
    -How gorgeous almost every female was
    -Lucas Lee (Chris Evans)

Hated
    -The band music
    -All the characters except Lucas Lee (Chris Evans)
    -The relationship bull$#@!

7/10
    Last edited by HellsJester; 06-22-2012 at 04:43.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    World's Greatest Dad: 8.5/10

I really enjoyed this movie. Its kind of an indie film, but its very dark and funny. Deadpan humor, very profound and dark.

plot spoilers contained.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance is ridiculous, with terrible dialogue and a way over-the-top performance by Nicolas Cage . . . but I think that's why I kinda really dig this movie. The direction is cool and artistically I think it stands out. Much like it's predecessor, this film is total camp for me, but I think this is even better than Ghost Rider. B+
    I thought this was the sequel to Wicker Man LOL. Nic's screaming reminds me of "NOT THE BEES NOT THE BEES!" and I couldn't stop laughing at parts of this movie. That's what made it so entertaining for me. I do like the way they designed Ghost Rider, much better look than in the other one. And there are some really cool camera shots (the one with Idris Elba jumping out in the air shooting stood out the most for me). Then there's the shot where Ghost Rider rides his bike and it looks like he's going as fast as Superman. I liked that stream of lights behind him in the background, shows a sense of speed.

Now with that being said, if these guys were aiming for a comic book movie they failed. This feels like Chev Chelios came on set and told them to direct cause it has that hyper-realistic feeling to it with the camera movement and even the musical score. This was in part a reboot but also a sequel and they $#@!ed it up. I had high hopes for it too, even with Nic Cage and all.

I hope there's another reboot down the line, except no origin, please.

Elite Member
    Well I wasn't huge on Crank: High Voltage but I think that Nic Cage is much better suited for Neveldine/Taylor films, more so than Jason Statham. And Gamer I actually thought was legitimately good.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Se7en 10/10- No matter how many times I watch this movie it is just as interesting as the first time I watched it. Just an absolutely amazing movie. One of my top 10 favorites of all time.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Well I wasn't huge on Crank: High Voltage but I think that Nic Cage is much better suited for Neveldine/Taylor films, more so than Jason Statham. And Gamer I actually thought was legitimately good.
    Crank 2 didn't perform as I expected, but it wasn't bad. I think the first one will always be the best, and I'll always know Jason Statham as Chev Chelios lol. Yeah, Nic Cage fits in with the crazies. It's a shame because movies like Face/Off, The Rock, Con Air are classics. And Lord of War and Matchstick Men are his really decent jobs at acting.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Crank 2 didn't perform as I expected, but it wasn't bad. I think the first one will always be the best, and I'll always know Jason Statham as Chev Chelios lol. Yeah, Nic Cage fits in with the crazies. It's a shame because movies like Face/Off, The Rock, Con Air are classics. And Lord of War and Matchstick Men are his really decent jobs at acting.
    Nic Cage for Expendables 3 would be cool.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    The Avengers - 9/10

Had a blast... it could've been way less drawn out at the beginning.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Fast Five
    9 out of 10 (7 or 8 out of 10 if you count the story telling)

Fast Five is a really good action movie. It just . . . wow. I did not expect it to be this good. Great scenes, great fighting, all you could ask for in an action movie. Notice I said action movie. It's not going to have the best story telling of all time, but I didn't expect that. I can see why people gave it 5 stars.

Man, Diesel + The Rock = A mass of humanity and muscles.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Se7en 10/10- No matter how many times I watch this movie it is just as interesting as the first time I watched it. Just an absolutely amazing movie. One of my top 10 favorites of all time.

This scene has become one of the funniest things to me though lol.

15. Likes PS4freak , Lebowski likes this post
    Requiem for a dream 10/10 The movie's message remains powerful and disturbing no matter how many times I watch it.

17. Likes Cyklops, Wrath likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    The Bourne Trilogy 9/10

19. Likes Wrath likes this post
    Elite Member
    Jeff, Who Lives At Home is a whimsical and quirky comedy that never feels contrived in any way. Jason Segel and Ed Helms are great, and Susan Sarandon is excellent as their mother, although I don't see her subplot really being all that integral to the story. It felt like fluff to make the movie longer, and it's still pretty short even with that. Also, the last act on the bridge felt like forced drama to add suspense to a movie that was largely just eccentric and funny throughout. Still, I really liked this film because it works as one of those eccentric and funny indie pictures without being pretentious about it. B+

Safe House is surprisingly entertaining. I hate Ryan Reynolds with a burning passion, but I would say this his performance in this is easily his best and probably his only one that's not god-awful. Of course, Denzel Washington outshines him in every way. He's got such a great presence and is pretty badass too. Director Daniel Espinosa does a good job shooting action sequences; he really feels like a newer Tony Scott. Overall, I expected Safe House to be bland and boring, but it succeeds thanks to some gripping action and a nice chemistry between Reynolds and Washington. B

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by vladTGS View Post
    Requiem for a dream 10/10 The movie's message remains powerful and disturbing no matter how many times I watch it.
    Addiction. Addiction to anything. Amazing movie btw.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Stargate: 8.5/10

Now here is a cult classic movie from the good ol' days when Roland Emmerich was making good movies and not just 2 hours of popular landmarks being destroyed by natural disasters lol. Stargate spawned a cult fan following and a TV series that lasted 10 seasons, at 1.4 million an episode budget. I grew up with this movie and the series, so this is near and dear to my heart. Aside from some pretty nice set pieces and design, the music is used whenever something amazing happens on-screen. I absolutely love the theme song for this film. It feels like so good. It actually guides some of the scenes. Jaye Anderson plays a god that looks extremely femenine and attractive to even myself, but that character could have been worked on. The plot reminds me of Prometheus.

Don't worry, I'm not saying or even implying that Prometheus is ripping off Stargate, because it's not. But there are similarities, and both movies created their own mythos around it.

So, I recommend this if you can get past some of the average acting from Kurt Russell. It's the production design, musical score and cinematography where this film really shines.

edit: Another observation of the film that made it quite cheesy is the Westernization of the people on that planet. You get these hard-boiled commandos coming to their planet and they give them their weapons and armor. And it's ironic because they are an Arabic culture, middle eastern. Now, America fights the Middle East lol. So it was kind of a funny foreshadowing.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 06-23-2012 at 02:33.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    V for Vendetta 9/10
    Much better than I expected

Power Member
    Ides of March - 9/10

Loved it. Political thrillers are a personal favourite genre and Ryan Gosling is at that point where you can almost bank on anything he is in being good and in most instances, great.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Xmen: First Class 8/10
    I liked it. Got no complaints.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    The Hunter -7/10-

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Fast Five
    9 out of 10 (7 or 8 out of 10 if you count the story telling)

Fast Five is a really good action movie. It just . . . wow. I did not expect it to be this good. Great scenes, great fighting, all you could ask for in an action movie. Notice I said action movie. It's not going to have the best story telling of all time, but I didn't expect that. I can see why people gave it 5 stars.

Man, Diesel + The Rock = A mass of humanity and muscles.
    I still don't get why this movie is seen as such a special action movie. It wasn't bad by any means, but I just don't see the big deal. Seeing Vin Diesel and The Rock duke it out was cool though.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Doubt -8/10-Superb acting from Streep and Hoffman, very good film.

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I still don't get why this movie is seen as such a special action movie. It wasn't bad by any means, but I just don't see the big deal. Seeing Vin Diesel and The Rock duke it out was cool though.

It's cause it has everyone from every movie, excluding some of the main cast from Tokyo Drift..I always wanted a Fast and Furious movie that would combine all the previous cast members and team up. I thought Fast 4 was gonna do it but that movie sucked ass. When I saw the trailer for this, I creamed my pants cause that's the dream team in a movie, just like at the 1992 all-star games. And then adding the Rock in it? Dude, I went ape$#@!. It also helped seeing a car I own in Gran Turismo 5 make it in that movie. The Ford GT.

Thread Information