Page 397 of 515 FirstFirst ... 387397407 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,925 of 12866
    Elite Member
    I'm glad I didn't pay for IMAX because I would've felt ripped off.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Then you missed out on the BEST IMAX experience EVER. Can't even compare to those 45 minute IMAX docs. Well maybe Hubble IMAX is close, but that's it.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Batman Begins

The best Batman movie so far (I haven't seen TDKR yet, going later tonight). It's more of an evolution of Bruce Wayne, than a beginning of Batman, and I like that about it. This one has much more of a human element to it, exploring his vulnerability, even as Batman. It's a much darker and more polished story altogether. I like how they explore the technology behind his gadgets. Also, Katie Holmes >>>> Maggie Gyllenhaal. Changing Rachel's actor is a plague in this series that I can't get out of my mind. And Bale's Batman voice is less exaggerated in this one.

A+

Now onto The Dark Knight before seeing Rises...

4. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    The Dark Knight Rises...... 4/5

Good movie, I just felt theres not enough BATMAN in the film. He's barely in it AT ALL. Bane gets good screen time, Catwoman, and even Bruce Wayne but not BATMAN.

Veteran
    The Dark Knight Rises

I.. It's just... I don't even.. uhh...

A+

Best Trilogy Ever

7. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Batman Begins -8.5/10-

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    The Dark Knight Rises

9.5/10

I would give The Dark Knight the same score. Still not sure which was better. Part of me thinks TDKR, even though TDK had admittedly more of a "Whoa" impact walking out.

10. Likes Nitey likes this post
    PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Then you missed out on the BEST IMAX experience EVER. Can't even compare to those 45 minute IMAX docs. Well maybe Hubble IMAX is close, but that's it.
    I can't even imagine... No IMAX theaters near my summer residence.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    The Dark Knight Rises -8.8/10-

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Master Poster
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Google ChromeDiceGoogle ChromeBattlefield 3Christian Bale
    The Dark Knight Rises 9/10
    That first fight with

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    The Dark Knight Rises - 7.5/10
    A good movie, but disappointnig.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Adventures of Tintin - 7/10

Full review: http://chrisvanloon.tumblr.com/post/...-indiana-jones

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Batman: Dark Knight Rises 9/10-Tom Hardy as Bane was amazing. Not Ledger Joker good but it was a very impressive follow up. As for the movie there were some goofy things about it that kind of just rubbed me the wrong way. But other than that it was a very good end to an amazing series. Ready to see what Nolan can come up with next!

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Friendship is Carrots
    The Dark Knight Rises gets an 8/10 from me.

I was able to overlook Bane being lesser than the Joker because Bane was still a great villain to me. He was certainly intimidating, and he fought like a boss. I enjoyed the action, and Gordon and Catwoman's roles were played very well here, even if Gordon was a bit less focused this round. The stakes were higher, and the story overall was solid. However, the movie has some legitimate faults. Even though Batman wasn't really in the movie that much, I thought he played his scenes incredibly well, and it was kinda nice seeing more of Bruce Wayne's struggle.

Still, I really enjoyed the movie, but it doesn't surpass The Dark Knight, which imo is a 9.0-9.5.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 07-23-2012 at 00:18.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post

I was able to overlook Bane being lesser than the Joker because Bane was still a great villain to me. He was certainly intimidating, and he fought like a boss. I enjoyed the action, and Gordon and Catwoman's roles were played very well here, even if Gordon was a bit less focused this round. The stakes were higher, and the story overall was solid. However, the movie has some legitimate faults. Even though Batman wasn't really in the movie that much, I thought he played his scenes incredibly well, and it was kinda nice seeing more of Bruce Wayne's struggle.

1) Bane's army is arranged of mindless zombies that take any and every order. I guess the presumption is that there's a chemical that puts them under hard influence, but the movie never stated such.

2) Plot holes. By the end of the movie these were kicking into high gear. I guess Batman developed the ability to teleport, or something, because he somehow made it from the hell prison to America, then to the Gotham island (somehow!) and then conveniently showed up everywhere after that in perfect sequence and timing. There was a segment where it was night and there was 45 minutes until the bomb detonated, then suddenly it's bright daytime and there's a huge fist fight going on. Seriously, Nolan, you're better than that.

3. Don't forget how Batman magically survived a nuclear weapon. What the hell.

Still, I really enjoyed the movie, but it doesn't surpass The Dark Knight, which imo is a 9.0-9.5.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Veteran

1) Bane's army is arranged of mindless zombies that take any and every order. I guess the presumption is that there's a chemical that puts them under hard influence, but the movie never stated such.

2) Plot holes. By the end of the movie these were kicking into high gear. I guess Batman developed the ability to teleport, or something, because he somehow made it from the hell prison to America, then to the Gotham island (somehow!) and then conveniently showed up everywhere after that in perfect sequence and timing. There was a segment where it was night and there was 45 minutes until the bomb detonated, then suddenly it's bright daytime and there's a huge fist fight going on. Seriously, Nolan, you're better than that.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome

Yeah the second thing you noted was my biggest problem with it as well. What kept the movie from being a 10 for me.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    I think it's too late to mention now but a spoiler tag should have been put in your post, Rapture. You just gave away the entire movie on the assumption that everyone has automatically seen it.

To answer your concerns about the movie

The only part I didn't like about TDKR was

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    It showed him getting into the machine, and even showed him flying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post

I think it's too late to mention now but a spoiler tag should have been put in your post, Rapture. You just gave away the entire movie on the assumption that everyone has automatically seen it.
    To be fair, if someone reads that then they're gifted or incompetent. I went ahead and /spoil'd it anyways.

Uh, no. They're clearly mindless zombies. The guy on the plane was smiling as he accepted his death, and later Bane told a man, "Search him, then I will kill you." and the man went ahead and did it. Then there negotiator/ambassador on the bridge was blissfully smiling as he talked about how the military would essentially help them hold the hostages. And what kind of logic are you espousing here? "They're scared of Bane, so they're OK with dying." What? That's fully contradictory.

Now you're just defending the film. This is a movie that lasted nearly three hours and really stretched itself for the sake of detail, but suddenly showing or simply explaining how Batman got back was too much? Be reasonable.

*sigh*

Editing has nothing to do with it. If you want to see editing done right then go watch The Prestige. It's irrelevant here, though. It showed Batman in the vehicle even before the bomb went off. Nolan feigned reader's irony, and for that he must be faulted.[/spoiler]

The move made blatant mistakes and that's just the end of it.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 07-23-2012 at 00:51.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    **Can't add spoiler tag in Tapatalk. BE WARNED**

Rapture, did you miss the scene during the epilogue that explicitly explained why Batman's fate totally makes sense?

Also, on Bane's followers: League of Shadows. End of story. They are singularly dedicated to the cause of cleansing Gotham City, just as was explored in Batman Begins. We can't presume that they have reservations about dying or blindly following orders. It's just plain in the job description.

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleOnTheRun View Post
    Rapture, did you miss the scene during the epilogue that explicitly explained why Batman's fate totally makes sense?
    I don't see how that's relevant to anything I've posted.

Also, on Bane's followers: League of Shadows. End of story. They are singularly dedicated to the cause of cleansing Gotham City, just as was explored in Batman Begins. We can't presume that they have reservations about dying or blindly following orders. It's just plain in the job description.
    I never saw Batman Begins, so fine. It struck me as being really odd, though.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    No it is not the end of it.

The guy on the plane was smiling as he accepted his death,

"They're scared of Bane, so they're OK with dying."

Now you're just defending the film. This is a movie that lasted nearly three hours and really stretched itself for the sake of detail, but suddenly showing or simply explaining how Batman got back was too much? Be reasonable.

Again with the ending:

To be fair, if someone reads that then they're gifted or incompetent. I went ahead and /spoil'd it anyways.
    Oh I get it.

I never saw Batman Begins
    It all makes sense now.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 07-23-2012 at 02:10.

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    I don't see how that's relevant to anything I've posted.

**SPOILER WARNING** can't label in Tapatalk

With reference to the perceived plot hole of the audience supposedly seeing him die, yet he shows up alive at the end.

Friendship is Carrots

With reference to the perceived plot hole of the audience supposedly seeing him die, yet he shows up alive at the end.
    That much was implied, and it doesn't change anything for me.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

El Presidente
    I don't care what anyone else here thinks I saw Batman today and thought it was great. Heath Ledger sticks out for me more but that's a tough performance to top. I wouldn't say the second movie is better than the third it just was really memorable for me.

But whenever this movie comes out on DVD I'm getting the special edition to go along with my Batman Begins and The Dark Knight special editions.

Dark Knight Rises 9/10

29. Likes Nitey likes this post

Thread Information