Latest PSU headlines:

Page 401 of 510 FirstFirst ... 391401411 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,025 of 12740
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The movie is a joke IMO. I watched about 15 minutes of it and turned it off. My graduating class had better short films.

I've heard the book is good for those interesting in that kind if thing. So it's kind of a shame that it's represented that poorly. Thankfully it seems like they realized that.

Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Melancholia 5.5/10- This movie was much like Atlas Shrugged in the sense that it was insanely slow and didn't really pick up until the end. Part 1 in the movie was boring as hell. Part 2 was much better and interesting than the first. Although it wasn't leaps and bounds better. I respect all the aspects of the movie such as acting and filming but other than that this was a snoozefest. Don't really know how in the hell this got rated that good. Not to mention the intro was just down right $#@!ing weird and drawn out. It makes sense after you've seen the movie but just seemed a bit unnecessary.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Apprentice
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    TED - 8/10

Went to the cinema earliar today to see this film. It was a good laugh. If ya want a bit of a laugh you should go see this.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Antichrist 6.5/10 - I don't know why I watched another Lars Von Trier movie but I will say I enjoyed this one more than Melancholia. Although this one was much more weird. It's got weird moments in places all through the movie but the last 20 mins was just WTF. I did overall enjoy the story more than Melancholia but this guy is just plain $#@!ing disturbed to put it nicely. This movie was very controversial and I can fully see why.

Metropia 8/10- This was an animated movie that was original down to its core. I've never really seen the type of animation used in any other movie. The story in it was very interesting although a little stupid. Not to mention some high caliber voice actors with the likes of Juliet Lewis, Alexander Skarsgard, Stellan Skarsgard, and a few other notables. Pretty good watch and pretty funny. It's on Netflix if anyone is interested.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Melancholia 5.5/10- This movie was much like Atlas Shrugged in the sense that it was insanely slow and didn't really pick up until the end. Part 1 in the movie was boring as hell. Part 2 was much better and interesting than the first. Although it wasn't leaps and bounds better. I respect all the aspects of the movie such as acting and filming but other than that this was a snoozefest. Don't really know how in the hell this got rated that good. Not to mention the intro was just down right $#@!ing weird and drawn out. It makes sense after you've seen the movie but just seemed a bit unnecessary.
    This movie was soooooooooo good.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    If you think Lars Von Trier is weird, watch a David Lynch movie. I loved Melancholia. I'm curious to see Antichrist though because I heard Willem Dafoe does a good performance.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Rating this movie BELOW Atlas Shrugged? Talk about disagreeing...

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Like I said, not a movie critic. Most films that critics think are great I just don't share the same feelings. It may have had some things about it that make a film great as far as the desired aspects go but it was just too damn slow for me. The second part of it was pretty good though. As for his directing actor/actresses, he is very good at that. Willem Dafoe was awesome in Antichrist.

And honestly after thinking about Atlas Shrugged I would probably rerate it a 5 or possibly 4 because there really wasn't much at all to the movie except for good acting.

The intro to Melancholia was just off putting to me. Although film majors and critics probably think it is great. I'm just an average joe and I honestly didn't see much of interest in the movie. Much like Black Swan. The most important aspect to movies to me is the story. Most notably a story that stays interesting throughout. Antichrist was much more interesting to me than Melancholia. The whole drug out wedding deal in Melancholia was just too long. Not to mention the whole factor of her just basically losing everything all in the matter of a few minutes. IDK not my cup of tea.

Not being insulting by any means but what in the movie did you guys like about it. I would just like to see an opinion put into words on why you enjoyed it. Not the typical stars or number rating. Also this is a bit off the subject of Melancholia but what did you guys think of The Fountain? I'll explain my reasons once I see what you thought.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 08-04-2012 at 00:59.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Hey, it's fine man, you don't have to explain yourself to me. Everyone has their own taste, and should NOT be bothered for it. (and I do contradict myself here, because I have been a bully to others on films, which I do regret)

It's just on the weird scale, David Lynch surpasses that line. But to answer your question about the Fountain, I didn't like it too much on my first viewing. But that was a long time ago.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    I didn't say Melancholia was great. I do think it is a good film though. There's nothing about Atlus Shrugged that does anything for me.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Total Recall (remake) 6.5/10

So if you have nothing to watch at home, and you care about the three tits as much as I did, or have a crush on Kate Beckinsale like I do, then you should see this movie. It's a mediocre attempt that does not hold up to the original.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    The original doesn't have much, except for really creepy bug eyes.

Battleship (Some really terrible acting, absurd and rehashed story line, and it even comes with rehashed Transformers sounds. Literally they used some of the same alien sounds.)

Hahaha... Bay you need to trade in your Transformers movies for this. If you're going to be terrible, at least be funny about it.

"After all these years, the Art of War.... it finally clicked."
    "But that's not what it means."
    "Really?"
    "Not even close."

Lmao... drifting with a destroyer.

Oh and it did one other thing right... Neeson doesn't die in the first 15 minutes. Good move.
    Last edited by RedDragon7; 08-04-2012 at 07:38.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    I honestly thought Battleship was Transformers 4 when I saw the trailer. The alien design, the action, the goddamn color tones are all taking from Bay's movies. I'll have to see this one day, pirated of course. There is no way I'm paying for this $#@! on a stick.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    It really is someone trying to channel Bay's style. Except this director was smart enough to get Liam. Arguable the lead is better than Labouf by transformers 3.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Yeah don't misconstrue what I was getting at. Wasn't taking shots at you guys by any means. Sorry if it came off that way. I understand that not everyone will share the same opinions. I've just always scratched my head on movies that just didn't really appeal to me at all but the award givers and critics absolutely adore. I guess a great deal of it comes down to originality, which I can respect, but 90% of the time I don't agree with them. I know there are aspects that are generally known to make a great movie I've just never been told actually what those aspects are. Honestly great acting directing is the best quality any director can have and I must say as weird as his movies are Lars is great at it from the performances.

As for my question about The Fountain, I simply brought it up as an example of my and a great amount of the time your everyday movie goers opinions vs critics. I still to this day deem that movie as the biggest pile of $#@! I've ever seen. But many critics loved it at least from what I remember. It is just so odd how critics see so many movies as great that the average movie watcher as good. Maybe I'm throwing too many people under the same shade as me but I've never really understood it. I've just simply always wanted to know what makes a movie great "by the books" per se.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    Friends with Kids 3/10
    My wife's pick. Bad movie. Kristen Wiig's worst movie without a doubt.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    A History of Violence: 10/10

I loved this one. It has to be one of Cronenberg's best films, next to the Fly. Here is a story about a man who loses it and regains skills of his previous, former self. He's reminded of this with acts of violence towards him or his family. He must protect them. But they don't trust him after they find out. So he goes to set things straight in Philly. I never thought I could imagine Viggo play an American Dream dad, but he pulls it off nicely. And I also never found Maria Bello attractive until this movie. That is one fantasy I would love to play out! I loved the ending, it works so well with one of the earlier scenes in the film. A sense of hope and it leaves the viewer concluding with what happens next. Highly recommended.

18. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post

I loved this one. It has to be one of Cronenberg's best films, next to the Fly. Here is a story about a man who loses it and regains skills of his previous, former self. He's reminded of this with acts of violence towards him or his family. He must protect them. But they don't trust him after they find out. So he goes to set things straight in Philly. I never thought I could imagine Viggo play an American Dream dad, but he pulls it off nicely. And I also never found Maria Bello attractive until this movie. That is one fantasy I would love to play out! I loved the ending, it works so well with one of the earlier scenes in the film. A sense of hope and it leaves the viewer concluding with what happens next. Highly recommended.
    Yeah that was an awesome movie. Not to mention one of the hottest sex scenes in a movie.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Kind of an odd film from what I recall. Maybe I need to watch it again.

ps3freak18, are you talking about the stairs scene?

P.S. Now that we have a discussion on The Fountain sparking... I need to go watch that.
    Last edited by RedDragon7; 08-05-2012 at 00:47.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post

I hated it but i have weird taste.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    Kind of an odd film from what I recall. Maybe I need to watch it again.

ps3freak18, are you talking about the stairs scene?

P.S. Now that we have a discussion on The Fountain sparking... I need to go watch that.
    Yes and the hall way scene with the guy she was cheating with(if that is the same movie I'm thinking about. But the hall way scene was pretty dirty. If this is the same movie I'm thinking about like I said.

Forum Guru
    Yes and the hall way scene with the guy she was cheating with(if that is the same movie I'm thinking about. But the hall way scene was pretty dirty. If this is the same movie I'm thinking about like I said.
    Cheated with? Pretty sure dude bangs his wife on some stairs.

Maybe you're thinking of the movie Unfaithful.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    No Country for Old Men - 8/10

The Fountain - 7.5 or 8.5/10... can't decide at the moment.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    The Hunger Games -6.5/10-

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Elite Member
    The Fountain is dull poop. Not as bad as Pi though which is just terrible.

Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Thread Information