Page 406 of 517 FirstFirst ... 396406416 ... LastLast
Results 10,126 to 10,150 of 12908
    Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    The Raid: 8/10

Holy $#@!! This is one kick-ass movie from start to finish. It's about a police tactical team of 20 elite cops who must take down this drug lord who lives in a ghetto apartment building. He owns everyone there, including the civillian residents. And there have been so many attempts to take the building down, but now they think they can finally take it down. And I won't spoil the rest because this movie needs to be seen by every action and fighting fan. I mean this movie gives Ong Bak's Tony Jaa a run for his money. If there's one thing the next Mortal Kombat movie or web series should have, it's the guys who fight in this movie. Some insane fight choreography that will leave your jaw dropped. Don't watch the English dub, avoid it and watch the original with English subtitles. The way it's meant to be seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Iko Uwais has serious action star potential.
    In case you guys didnt know The Raid is getting 2 sequels and usa is already planning on making a usa version of all 3.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    The Cabin in the Woods - 7/10

I knew this film was going to be different... but I'm not sure what the hell I just watched. I've never seen a movie go from comedic, to blood spraying everywhere, then absolute bizarreness all in the same scene.

3. Likes neoxthexone likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    In case you guys didnt know The Raid is getting 2 sequels and usa is already planning on making a usa version of all 3.
    Oh yay..

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Oh yay..
    hey the sequels could be good dude. I dont even a crap about the story. Just more of the same awesome brutal action for the sequels and i will be happy.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    hey the sequels could be good dude. I dont even a crap about the story. Just more of the same awesome brutal action for the sequels and i will be happy.
    See that's the thing that worries me about the remakes. They won't have the same style of action and choreography this badass movie has. It might be too action packed, include more gun fights than fights.

7. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items User name style
    See that's the thing that worries me about the remakes. They won't have the same style of action and choreography this badass movie has. It might be too action packed, include more gun fights than fights.

You dont know that.

Elite Member
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

10. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama

Holy $#@!! This is one kick-ass movie from start to finish. It's about a police tactical team of 20 elite cops who must take down this drug lord who lives in a ghetto apartment building. He owns everyone there, including the civillian residents. And there have been so many attempts to take the building down, but now they think they can finally take it down. And I won't spoil the rest because this movie needs to be seen by every action and fighting fan. I mean this movie gives Ong Bak's Tony Jaa a run for his money. If there's one thing the next Mortal Kombat movie or web series should have, it's the guys who fight in this movie. Some insane fight choreography that will leave your jaw dropped. Don't watch the English dub, avoid it and watch the original with English subtitles. The way it's meant to be seen.
    I'll have to check it out. Is it on Netflix?

And I couldn't care less about the remakes. I want to see the original(s)
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Might be, but I don't have a Netflix account.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Not on netflix uk...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Go: 7.5/10 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139239/

Fun little late night movie from the late 90's that takes cues from Pulp Fiction, Swingers and fuses them into the plot. It feels like Pulp Fiction because the event is told from several perspectives, and it all comes together in the end, except they are somewhat in order and doesn't require much thinking. They took the easy way out. It's also a comedy with Timothy Olyphant as an ecstasy drug dealer. It's nice to watch late at night because of the background soundtrack of electronic and pop music. It doesn't always go with the scenes, but I can tell the director had fun with the playlist.

Nightmare Factory: 9/10 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2062602/

This is a solid documentary on special effects make-up for the movie industry in Hollywood. It's an inside look at one particular studio, KNB effects and how it started. It discusses how the industry is changing, how CGI is being used instead of actual props and physical effects so that the post-production team can have more creative freedom for every time CGI is used in a movie. They talk about how they got in, how up and coming artists get in and the whole process of applying make-up, creating gore and building monster props. It's really cool to see some exclusive behind the scenes footage from movies like Evil Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Shaun of the Dead and Piranha 3D among other films. They even show an interview with John Carpenter complaining about how long it takes to get make up finished before the first scene or in between takes, which is why some people interviewed argue CGI is better, even though it's more expensive.

Natural Born Killers: 7/10 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110632/

I bought the Director's Cut edition re-release on blu-ray and there is roughly just seconds of added cuts, around 150 cuts that were not in the theatrical release. It's my 2nd time seeing it an boy it sure is a violent movie with an ending I'm not sure I agree with. But they nailed the casting for this satire because Woody Harelson truly looks like a monster when he shaves his hair off. Rob Downey Jr. also does a great job of portraying a television journalist who the director made sure that his character is inspired by Geraldo Rivera.

The cinematography is really wacky. You have several formats of film this was shot with. 35mm, 16mm, Super 8 and Video. They all combine close to or over 3,000 cuts/edits, more than any other film would have. It's really all over the place, very indie feel to it and extremely experimental. But it works for its genre of satire that this is filed under. And the satire works to shock you.

Now the part I don't agree with is how Oliver Stone justifies these people killing other people for attention. He thinks that because insects and animals kill each other, it's ok for humans to. Then there's the whole media is scum argument. He made this film because he was angry with the media trying to cover sensitive topics for ratings. He's right about one thing though, everything is becoming politically correct, so in a sense, this movie is ahead of its time. There's even an interesting little documentary of how he reflects on the evolution of media. It's a new special feature specifically made in 2009 for this release. It has archive footage of famous cases in the 90's that were covered intensively by the media and shows how social networking is making everyone a narcissist. He uses Youtube as an argument for that and trashes celebrity gossip magazines, which I have no objections for when he does. Sensationalism in the media is another subject he tackles, which I agree with. Remember the Colorado shooting? I think there was a news article with the header called "It was a Dark night in Colorado". And he also argues how the media gives attention to media, how there is reality TV and how we love to be consumed in front of it. I think he's trying to say that's the new coliseum and we are all spectators who are out looking for blood, and that one day we will see people fight to the death for their freedoms on live television.

Then he has a Charlie Rose interview, where he tries to justify all the violence in the film and even takes a shot at Charlie, but he gets owned. I don't know whether to agree with him or not, because he does come off as a pompous asshole type.

But anyway, if you want to see this film, keep an open mind while you're watching and try to focus on the plot, even if the annoying cinematography and quick cuts get in your way.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 08-23-2012 at 10:32.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Beginners: 6/10

A nice movie. I dont think I really got the meaning or maybe I just wasn't paying attention enough. It was a nice watch though, even if it is a little slow-paced (purposeful, not lagging).

I also find it interesting that although I dont like french people for the most part, i really seem to enjoy watching french actors. I love watching Marion Cotillard. I also enjoy seeing Vincent Cassel and Melanie Laurent in movies. I dont know if its the characters they play or what, but they just bring this natural depth to characters that feels so organic and I really like it.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Stranger Than Fiction: 10/10

Wow, to believe that I did not give this film the time of day when it first came out. The only reasons I saw in 2006 was because I was a fan of Will Ferrel and I thought it would be an all-out comedy fest. It turned out to be a lot more than that, and I really wanna facepalm the $#@! out of myself for calling it boring at the time...I was what, 16 when I saw it?

I saw it again today and this has to be Ferrel's breakout performance as an actor. And a movie like this I imagine is hard to do because you have to pretend you're a nutjob. But I think the genius is in the writing. You literally feel like you're watching a movie and reading a book at the same time. Viewing two different stories at the same time. The narration flows so perfectly, juxtaposing the reaction the main character has, but then it gets so much better in the third act when the author feels the same way, and it comes to a great compromise. I really love this film.

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Oldboy

??????/10

The hell did I just watch? How mortifying. Very well done movie, but man that was freaking twisted. :/
    "Courage is the key to life.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Oldboy

??????/10

The hell did I just watch? How mortifying. Very well done movie, but man that was freaking twisted. :/
    Exactly how I felt. Still don't know what to rate it

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid

The camera work was also great I thought, some strange angles i have never seen used before and the camera sometimes follows the fist or foot pummelling the victims.

A bit too much screaming though for my liking but still well worth watching martial arts movie.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    Beginners: 6/10

A nice movie. I dont think I really got the meaning or maybe I just wasn't paying attention enough. It was a nice watch though, even if it is a little slow-paced (purposeful, not lagging).

I also find it interesting that although I dont like french people for the most part, i really seem to enjoy watching french actors. I love watching Marion Cotillard. I also enjoy seeing Vincent Cassel and Melanie Laurent in movies. I dont know if its the characters they play or what, but they just bring this natural depth to characters that feels so organic and I really like it.
    I really liked this film the first time, and the second time it was even better. It had so much emotional resonance for me the second time around.

Stranger Than Fiction: 10/10

Wow, to believe that I did not give this film the time of day when it first came out. The only reasons I saw in 2006 was because I was a fan of Will Ferrel and I thought it would be an all-out comedy fest. It turned out to be a lot more than that, and I really wanna facepalm the $#@! out of myself for calling it boring at the time...I was what, 16 when I saw it?

I saw it again today and this has to be Ferrel's breakout performance as an actor. And a movie like this I imagine is hard to do because you have to pretend you're a nutjob. But I think the genius is in the writing. You literally feel like you're watching a movie and reading a book at the same time. Viewing two different stories at the same time. The narration flows so perfectly, juxtaposing the reaction the main character has, but then it gets so much better in the third act when the author feels the same way, and it comes to a great compromise. I really love this film.
    I thought this movie was okay but Will Ferrell wasn't too bad in it. He's even better in Everything Must Go which I also think is a much better film. Give that one a go if you get the chance. It also stars the Notorious B.I.G.'s son, who is a talented actor in the making.

22. Likes DINAMO788 likes this post
    Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Hit and Run 8/10- This movie was about as good as I was expecting plus a little more. The movie is mostly comedy but it is a solid action movie as well because the majority of it surrounds car chases. Not to mention Dax Shepard actually does stunts in his personal car which is a $#@!ing amazing ride! Quite possibly all of the cars are his but the Lincoln I know for a fact is his own. Apparently Dax Shepard is a very impressive driver from what this movie shows. Bradley Cooper's character was quite hilarious as well. Tom Arnold killed it as far as being the comedy act of the movie. Great movie.

This is a picture of him by his car. It has 700hp!
    Last edited by PS4freak; 08-25-2012 at 08:27.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    I really liked this film the first time, and the second time it was even better. It had so much emotional resonance for me the second time around.

I thought this movie was okay but Will Ferrell wasn't too bad in it. He's even better in Everything Must Go which I also think is a much better film. Give that one a go if you get the chance. It also stars the Notorious B.I.G.'s son, who is a talented actor in the making.

Yeah, I've seen that one and loved it.

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Exactly how I felt. Still don't know what to rate it
    I'm not sure how I feel about the ending either. >.>

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Spun: 6/10

Not sure what the $#@! I just watched. No plot whatsoever, just the experience of some speed freaks going about their daily, useless existence. Watching this movie made me feel good about my living conditions lol.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    8.5/10 The Hunger Games. I should really read the book to get more of an understanding. But I did like it.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Quote Originally Posted by zzKurozz View Post
    8.5/10 The Hunger Games. I should really read the book to get more of an understanding. But I did like it.
    The book fills in a few holes. Worth checking out.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    The book fills in a few holes. Worth checking out.
    I'd like to fill in a few of Jennifer Lawrence's holes.

30. Likes Itachi , Ixion , Lebowski , DINAMO788 likes this post

Thread Information