Page 408 of 513 FirstFirst ... 398408418 ... LastLast
Results 10,176 to 10,200 of 12824
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Side by Side - 9/10

A great documentary of the debate between digital vs film in the filmmaking world. All the heavy hitters talking about it from James Cameron, George Lucas, Christopher Nolan, David Lynch, Martin Scorsese and many more.

Anyone interested in the process should go see it. Where the future of filmmaking is going, is quite the question. My full review: http://chrisvanloon.tumblr.com/post/...ilm-vs-digital

It's only in select theaters right now, but it is on VOD which is where I watched it. iTunes, Amazon, and vudu: http://www.tribecafilm.com/tribecafi...e-by-side.html
    Last edited by RedDragon7; 08-30-2012 at 07:06.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    I actually watched Batman begins and The Dark Knight yesterday for the third or fourth time and I couldn't wait any longer to see TDKR.
    Watched it today and will definitely watch it many times more when the blu ray comes out.
    Rewatching the first two right before TDKR made my experience so satisfying. When you don't miss a beat on the powerful themes and character struggles, you really appreciate the nuances of Nolan's trilogy.

Sure, each movie is self-contained in terms of the villain threat, but when watching them back-to-back, they didn't feel like three movies...but an extended journey with a well-defined beginning, middle, and end with themes and events carrying over and recalling back to each other quite well.
    Last edited by Bio; 08-30-2012 at 07:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

3. Likes RedDragon7 likes this post
    Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    Lol I know. I still haven't seen it either. But the first Dark Knight is awesome. Don't know storywise if you "need" to, but you gotta see it either way
    Yeah.

Storywise you "need" to see Batman Begins much more than TDK.

But you need to see The Dark Knight purely because of how good it is (Begins falls into this category as well, though).

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    People, stop dancing around the facts. Need to see Batman Begins and The Dark Knight in order to understand Rises. Anyone who hasn't seen one of the first two movies will be lost for at least part of the third movie. The whole point of Nolan's trilogy is he interweaves them all.

Batman Begins + The Dark Knight = The Dark Knight Rises. Two main plot points, League of Shadows from Begins and Harvey Dent from Dark Knight, among other smaller details.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Black Swan: 9 faps out of 10.

Holy erotic movie, Batman! lol. This is a really wicked film to see. You think it's a chick flick, but it's not. There is so much more to it. A very sinister and dark tone to it where at times you kinda go "that's messed up". Hell, even the small amount of gore was cringe at times..there's that one part where she checks her nails...ugh...

Other than that, the cinematography is great and quite artsy. I love Mila Kunis in this. Not only is she insanely attractive, but she really plays her part well, always wearing black as a metaphor for the Black Swan..it's nice, psychological drama.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    Side by Side - 9/10

A great documentary of the debate between digital vs film in the filmmaking world. All the heavy hitters talking about it from James Cameron, George Lucas, Christopher Nolan, David Lynch, Martin Scorsese and many more.

Anyone interested in the process should go see it. Where the future of filmmaking is going, is quite the question. My full review: http://chrisvanloon.tumblr.com/post/...ilm-vs-digital

It's only in select theaters right now, but it is on VOD which is where I watched it. iTunes, Amazon, and vudu: http://www.tribecafilm.com/tribecafi...e-by-side.html
    I just saw a trailer for this film and it looks really fascinating. I'm definitely checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    You think it's a chick flick, but it's not.
    No one thought that. Well, except the ten-year-old girl who went into the theater I saw it at and thought it was a ballet movie. Poor gal.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Thought this was really entertaining. I enjoyed the first one, but hated the second. This is the best of the three. Decent comedy relief, top-notch action, pretty much what you'd expect, but thoroughly entertaining.

B

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    The Matrix - 8.5/10

Took a half point off because I'm reminded of some scenes where I could explain it but it kinda feels like they just did it cause it needed to happen rather than doing it more logically. Neo being shot and dies, then the kiss of life wakes him up. There's ways I could try to explain it but that little link doesn't do it for it.

Aside from that bit, why can't we get more blockbusters like this??? Ace execution.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    The Matrix - 8.5/10

Took a half point off because I'm reminded of some scenes where I could explain it but it kinda feels like they just did it cause it needed to happen rather than doing it more logically. Neo being shot and dies, then the kiss of life wakes him up. There's ways I could try to explain it but that little link doesn't do it for it.

Aside from that bit, why can't we get more blockbusters like this??? Ace execution.
    The Matrix is a generational movie. Don't expect to see groundbreaking story with groundbreaking action any time soon. The closest we've come since is Inception. But beyond those two, I couldn't tell ya.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    saw "The Black Swan" last night.
    Didn't quite get why all the praise. Maybe not my type

12. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    saw "The Black Swan" last night.
    Didn't quite get why all the praise. Maybe not my type
    It was one of the most entertaining film experiences i've had in a long time. It was full of intrigue and drama and mystery all perfectly crafted by Aronofsky. The acting was good too.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil: 8/10

LOLOLOL. I love this movie, and Alan Tudyk is great comic relief. It's a cleverly funny horror comedy where a bunch of teenagers go out to their rented cabin in the woods for the weekend. They see some rednecks and think it's their typical serial killer, so they try to run away from them, but end up killing themselves by accident all the time. It's $#@!ing hilarious because it makes fun of those $#@!ty slasher movies from the 80's and I think even the Wrong Turn series.

Didn't like the twist too much, it was way too predictable and cliche, unless that's what they were going for. Highly recommend this. Great watch on a Friday or Saturday night.

15. Likes PS4freak , DINAMO788 likes this post
    Elite Member

LOLOLOL. I love this movie, and Alan Tudyk is great comic relief. It's a cleverly funny horror comedy where a bunch of teenagers go out to their rented cabin in the woods for the weekend. They see some rednecks and think it's their typical serial killer, so they try to run away from them, but end up killing themselves by accident all the time. It's $#@!ing hilarious because it makes fun of those $#@!ty slasher movies from the 80's and I think even the Wrong Turn series.

Didn't like the twist too much, it was way too predictable and cliche, unless that's what they were going for. Highly recommend this. Great watch on a Friday or Saturday night.
    I thought this was okay. The two lead characters are likable enough and I've got a tiny bit of a crush on Katrina Bowden, but the humor became tedious to me. It's a short film extended to feature length. Tucker & Dale vs Evil has its moments of true genius, but for the most part I wasn't as in love with it as you were. And yeah, the twist sucked.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes -7.5/10-

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Akira: 4/10

wtf. I was really looking forward to this movie because its said to be a landmark anime film and credited as one of the driving forces behind anime in america, and since i am an Anime fan i was pretty stoked. Not to mention the box cover just looked so dope.

That said, wtf. I thought the directing was terrible. It was random and not that easy to follow. When it was easy to follow, i was only kept interested because I wanted to know more about the story, not because it was shot well. then during the second half and towards the end (I admit it was late and I was a little sleepy) things got really messed up. There isn't much background of explanation for the psionics and I just didnt think it was set up well at all.
    I ended up reading the Wiki Plot summary of it after and enjoyed that a lot more. I know they've been trying to get a live action version for a long time now (killed and resurrected pre-production phase) but I would seriously like to know how they would go about making this wtf movie. I assume I would prefer it though as it would be better laid out.

Also, Tucker and Dale was great and a breath of fresh air to all the stale comedy movies that have been coming out. It was original and hilarious. And +1 for Katrina.
    Last edited by DINAMO788; 09-01-2012 at 18:04.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post

wtf. I was really looking forward to this movie because its said to be a landmark anime film and credited as one of the driving forces behind anime in america, and since i am an Anime fan i was pretty stoked. Not to mention the box cover just looked so dope.

That said, wtf. I thought the directing was terrible. It was random and not that easy to follow. When it was easy to follow, i was only kept interested because I wanted to know more about the story, not because it was shot well. then during the second half and towards the end (I admit it was late and I was a little sleepy) things got really messed up. There isn't much background of explanation for the psionics and I just didnt think it was set up well at all.
    I ended up reading the Wiki Plot summary of it after and enjoyed that a lot more. I know they've been trying to get a live action version for a long time now (killed and resurrected pre-production phase) but I would seriously like to know how they would go about making this wtf movie. I assume I would prefer it though as it would be better laid out.
    It is seriously over rated. Def not as revolutionary for american anime as people like to think. Sailor moon had more impact that akira as did dbz(I hate it but it made an impact on america). Ninja scroll is a good one you should see.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

20. Likes DINAMO788 likes this post
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style

I laughed the entire time. Very predictable but I still laughed.

The Housemaid (remake): 7/10

Messed up Korean flick regarding adultery and rich people. Was... interesting.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post

Also, Tucker and Dale was great and a breath of fresh air to all the stale comedy movies that have been coming out. It was original and hilarious. And +1 for Katrina.
    It hink Akira is the one that noobs like because its the one they have heard of and seen me included. I can name the amount of anime films I have seen on one hand so its boiund to be one of the best I have seen i think thats why its so highly regarded.

Akira
    Fist of the north star
    4 kings.
    Last edited by keefy; 09-02-2012 at 01:38.

Ultimate Veteran
    Akira is the first movie people think of when it comes to good anime films to recommend but it's really more impressive on a technical level. Steamboy was another good anime film from director Otomo.

Really, a 59% percent Rotten Tomatoes rating because "the story wasn't the greatest..." is a bit too harsh, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 09-02-2012 at 02:33.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Akira has a 90% RT rating.

I think the story could be interesting and the movie could be good. It just wasn't imo well told or written or bleh. And I still dont know how the hell they'd make a Live action Akira film, especially one targeting a rather mainstream audience.
    Last edited by DINAMO788; 09-02-2012 at 03:58.

Ultimate Veteran
    Sorry, I meant Steamboy when talking about Rotten Tomatoes.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Ghost in the Shell and the aforementioned Ninja Scroll are amazing. I like Ghost in the Shell a lot more. A LOT of influence over the Matrix.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Hunger Games 9/10-This was a great movie. The action and creativity was awesome. Can't wait until the next one to come out. Jennifer Lawrence is shaping up to be one hell of an actress. This movie is just one more occasion that strikes my interest in the books.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang: 9/10

Loved this on my 2nd viewing because on the first, I couldn't get into particularly because it was so fast-paced, witty and random,but it works and breaks the typical Hollywood norms of writing a screenplay, as it's even made fun of by narration from RDJ. Let me just say that RDJ and Val Kilmer killed it in acting in this film. Seriously, their amazing craft just rubbed off on each other and their chemistry was superb to watch. It reminded me a lot of Lethal Weapon 1 and 2. Now, I have even more faith in Iron Man 3, which is directed by Shane Black.

29. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang: 9/10

Loved this on my 2nd viewing because on the first, I couldn't get into particularly because it was so fast-paced, witty and random,but it works and breaks the typical Hollywood norms of writing a screenplay, as it's even made fun of by narration from RDJ. Let me just say that RDJ and Val Kilmer killed it in acting in this film. Seriously, their amazing craft just rubbed off on each other and their chemistry was superb to watch. It reminded me a lot of Lethal Weapon 1 and 2. Now, I have even more faith in Iron Man 3, which is directed by Shane Black.
    $#@! yeah! Has to be one of my absolute favorite Downey Jr. characters. Not to mention one of the best for Kilmer as well. That movie is a hidden gem.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

31. Likes TRF, Lebowski likes this post

Thread Information