Latest PSU headlines:

Page 418 of 510 FirstFirst ... 408418428 ... LastLast
Results 10,426 to 10,450 of 12746
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You lucky, stiff-arsed Brits, you!

See wat i did thar?

Elite Member
    Here is my review of Ben Affleck's Argo.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Rule No.1 - Never ever listen to Rotten Tomatoes. Those clowns should all be stripped of their jobs. It really is that pathetic.
    its an aggregator dude, not a review column. And as far as review compositions go, it does a good job.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Was in a Halloween spirit.

Freddy vs Jason 7.5/10

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

5. Likes THUGGEDOUT likes this post
    Veteran
    Watched AMC's Predator marathon.

Predator 1 - 7/10 - Definitely a basic movie but effective in what it wanted to do. I thought Arnold was really good in this, actually.
    Predator 2 - 8/10 - I actually preferred this one over the first one and Danny Glover was a badass. I can't help but wonder if they threw in a Jamacian mob for the sole reason that the have dreads just like the Predators (which had no significance, by the way).
    Alien vs. Predator - 8/10 - I've heard the hate, but I thought this was a solid movie and the fight scenes were pretty cool. Sanaa Lathan was surprisingly effective as the lead. I wish there was more to it than just having a setting to act as a battleground for the two species and nothing more, but I may have been asking for too much. Finally, the Hispanic guy was SOOO annoying.

They didn't show AVP2 but I've seen that movie and it's pretty obvious why they didn't bother showing it LOL. I have also seen Predators, which was also a giant letdown compared to P1, P2, and even AVP.

Anyhow, it looks like I've seen the entire Predator series now. To sum it up, I don't think there is anything overly special about it, though I do recognize the charm it has that earned its cult following. I much prefer the Aliens series and mythology, though. So hyped for the sequel to Prometheus...whenever that may release or be announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

7. Likes THUGGEDOUT likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Watched AMC's Predator marathon.

Predator 1 - 7/10 - Definitely a basic movie but effective in what it wanted to do. I thought Arnold was really good in this, actually.
    Predator 2 - 8/10 - I actually preferred this one over the first one and Danny Glover was a badass. I can't help but wonder if they threw in a Jamacian mob for the sole reason that the have dreads just like the Predators (which had no significance, by the way).
    Love Predator and Predator 2, Predator being my favorite. I had a lot of issues with Predators but it had its moments.

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Silent Hill: Revelation 8/10- I don't know what the common consensus is but I really enjoyed the movie. Watched it in 3d, not usually my cup of tea, it was done quite well though. Not to mention this movie was actually quite creepy. I haven't played any of the games so I don't know much about the collaboration between the two. Great movie.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Silent Hill: Revelation 8/10- I don't know what the common consensus is but I really enjoyed the movie.
    Because you asked: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sile...ation_3d_2012/

Veteran
    IMDb tho

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning - 7.5/10

This is actually not a bad follow up to its predecessor, Regeneration, which I thought was terrible after watching this one. JCVD and Lundgren are back, with Scott Adkins as the protagonist, and them as the antagonists, which is a little hard to picture JCVD being an evil Luke Deveroux, but he pulls it off and makes it quite creepy when he has war paint all over his face, and a bald head with blood shot eyes. Also, the soundtrack is $#@!ing awesome, it's experimental, even the way it's shot. I love the beginning of it, with a POV from Scott Adkins, and the fight scenes are $#@!ing kick ass. Scott Adkins should be in more action movies. He makes JVCD look like a choir boy, but he's still got moves. Not bad for a straight to video release, not bad at all. Also, if you have epilepsy, do not see this movie LOL. Seriously. That's one of the worst choices they did with this movie. Yeah, it kinda goes with its cinematography and style, with the fluorescent lighting and all, but there is too much of it in some scenes and it literally throws you off track. But other than that, this is a really decent addition to the series. I only wish this came out first instead of that piece of $#@! in 2000 with Goldberg.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Red Dragon -7/10-

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    its an aggregator dude, not a review column. And as far as review compositions go, it does a good job.
    An aggregator that is aggregating review scores from a bunch of clowns, yeah. Imdb is much more trustworthy because it aggregates scores from people that simply watched the movie and not pretend to be all-knowing movie critics that supposedly know more than other people when in reality they don't (like TRF).

Plus, Imdb accumulates a LOT more opinions than RT ever does (even for independent movies).

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    You so silly...

15. Likes THUGGEDOUT likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Original Halloween 9/10

‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    original

WAR OF THE WORLDS 1950's

10/10... Love this film so much and it's way better than the remake
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Skyfall: 8/10

Very good direction and photography, the plot had some ups and downs.

19. Likes Ernsty likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    An aggregator that is aggregating review scores from a bunch of clowns, yeah. Imdb is much more trustworthy because it aggregates scores from people that simply watched the movie and not pretend to be all-knowing movie critics that supposedly know more than other people when in reality they don't (like TRF).

How can you call people like Ebert, Philips, and Scott clowns?

21. Likes Ernsty likes this post
    Master Guru
    How can you call people like Ebert, Philips, and Scott clowns?
    Never heard of them before... Give me one reason why they are any better than the rest.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Never heard of them before... Give me one reason why they are any better than the rest.
    You've never heard of Roger Ebert? and yet you call all these critics ass clowns?

They are all very well respected film critics who, in short, know their $#@!. More so than any of us.

Ultimate Veteran
    Probably because they've watched more movies than the average moviegoer. Would you trust the opinion of a casual gamer who plays nothing but mobile games on the state of the video game industry?

I'm not saying the movie critics are always right, especially Roger Ebert, but for the most part, I'd trust their reviews over some top commentor on Youtube or someone with a severe bias favoring old classics or obscure indie films.

The last part isn't a shot at anyone here.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 10-31-2012 at 21:59.

25. Likes Ernsty likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    It all depends on tastes. I don't trust Ebert, but that's because I've read reviews before and he hates movies that I love. If you know the reviewers taste in movies, then that goes a long way in how trustworthy they are to you. Now Dre on the other hand, I'm definitely interested if he likes something lol (and that has nothing to do with my man-crush on him )

Now, a few movies I saw over the weekend:

Corpse Bride: 8/10
    Coraline: 9/10
    Battle Royal: 9.5/10
    Frankenweenie: between a 6-8 It was a cool movie overall. But I can't put my finger on it if the twist towards the end made it better or worse.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Master Guru
    You've never heard of Roger Ebert? and yet you call all these critics ass clowns?

They are all very well respected film critics who, in short, know their $#@!. More so than any of us.
    Sigh, another blind follower...

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Probably because they've watched more movies than the average moviegoer. Would you trust the opinion of a casual gamer who plays nothing but mobile games on the state of the video game industry?

I'm not saying the movie critics are always right, especially Roger Ebert, but for the most part, I'd trust their reviews over some top commentor on Youtube or someone with a severe bias favoring old classics or obscure indie films.

The last part isn't a shot at anyone here.
    Fair enough. However, I really don't see how someone who watches more movies than others can possibly be more intellectual when it comes to stating a mere opinion. Let's assume I love Prometheus (and I'm quite the movie buff myself) but Mr. Ebert does not, will that render my opinion worthless in comparison to the almighty Roger?

I don't think so.

That's what I hate about RT: They divide their accumulated scores into two categories, one being the general audience and then another one for those 'elite' critics. Pure bull$#@!. At least Imdb looks at everyone equally.
    Last edited by Wrath; 10-31-2012 at 23:53.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Ju-on: The Grudge 8/10

Elite Member
    When did I ever pretend to be all-knowing? I'm just a guy who loves movies. Being a critic doesn't automatically mean someone has a bloated sense of importance, and if a critic does, then it has nothing to do with them being a critic. Ask any of the big critics like Roger Ebert, Richard Roeper, A.O. Scott, Michael Phillips, etc., if they give a $#@! if you like a movie they don't or if you don't like a movie they do. I'd be surprised if they gave a $#@!. Same way I don't give a $#@!. So before you call me a clown, think about the fact that you're doing to these critics exactly what you accuse them of doing.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Prometheus 8/10- What a great movie. It does a great job of building tension and keeping you interested in the story. Michael Fassbender is becoming one of the greatest that Hollywood has to offer. It is no wonder why he is getting big gigs left and right. Naomi Rapace was great at well. A solid offering for an Alien prequel.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Hot shots! Part Duex 6/10 This movie was horribly funny.

Thread Information