Latest PSU headlines:

Page 423 of 510 FirstFirst ... 413423433 ... LastLast
Results 10,551 to 10,575 of 12727
    Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    If you loved the first 3 then that is an issue.
    ?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    When you can explain to me why two armies of ARMED people would run at each other and the brawl, then you might be half way to explaining the nonsensical plot line.
    What are you talking about?

SkyFall - 4/10
    The first 2 Daniel Craig ones were good, very much needed makeover for the series. I saw the 92% on RottenTomatoes and thought Skyfall would rock - that might have been part of my problem (high expectations). However, when he can be on a remote island in the Orient and hundreds of military can arrive via helicopter, but then later when he intentionally hides out within driving distance of London with a much more important person to protect and he has to take on like 30 guys by himself with no back up arriving?

The first half was ok, but the second half of the movie got really unbelievable. It felt more like a bad western or a schwarzenegger movie - definitely not Bond.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    What are you talking about?
    Cops had guns, what pistols don't count? They didnt even bloody draw them.
    Why would the cops be disarmed?
    Last edited by mynd; 11-30-2012 at 04:27.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadlock7 View Post
    SkyFall - 4/10
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadlock7 View Post
    The first 2 Daniel Craig ones were good, very much needed makeover for the series. I saw the 92% on RottenTomatoes and thought Skyfall would rock - that might have been part of my problem (high expectations). However, when he can be on a remote island in the Orient and hundreds of military can arrive via helicopter, but then later when he intentionally hides out within driving distance of London with a much more important person to protect and he has to take on like 30 guys by himself with no back up arriving?
    The whole point was to drop off everyone's radar except the bad guy (bardem). Bond initially used the radio to capture Bardem, then that backfired.

The first half was ok, but the second half of the movie got really unbelievable. It felt more like a bad western or a schwarzenegger movie - definitely not Bond.
    Seriously, did you see The Last Stand trailer? You really think Skyfall sinks to that level?

Cops had guns, what pistols don't count? They didnt even bloody draw them.
    Why would the cops be disarmed?
    Haven't seen the movie since it came out, but from what I remember the cops were tramped underground, the city had no supplies and was completely run by Bane and the prisoners. How exactly would they have all these guns and ammunition to fight Bane's mob? At best they might have a pistol and one clip. Bane's men had all the hardware, I don't think weapons would've been their best strategy.
    Last edited by RedDragon7; 11-30-2012 at 05:40.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    The whole point was to drop off everyone's radar except the bad guy (bardem). Bond initially used the radio to capture Bardem, then that backfired.

Seriously, did you see The Last Stand trailer? You really think Skyfall sinks to that level?

Haven't seen the movie since it came out, but from what I remember the cops were tramped underground, the city had no supplies and was completely run by Bane and the prisoners. How exactly would they have all these guns and ammunition to fight Bane's mob? At best they might have a pistol and one clip. Bane's men had all the hardware, I don't think weapons would've been their best strategy.
    I think I would have at least been firing to put the machine gunners off.
    And they dam well would have mowed those cops down in real life.

Aside from that ,what exactly was Banes goal? The 99%? Smacked of current affairs. It was idealistically stupid.

Not to mention the fact that 3000 cops managed to march unheeded to Banes HQ.
    Last edited by mynd; 11-30-2012 at 06:01.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me -7/10-

Tap-a-hoe

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    The collection - 3/10

It doesn't even make sense!! GF wanted to see it so i had to!!

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7

Aside from that ,what exactly was Banes goal? The 99%? Smacked of current affairs. It was idealistically stupid.

I get the feeling this movie just rubbed you the wrong way. It's fair, we all have our opinions. It's just unfortunate because Nolan makes better action movies than most other directors and these are the best comic book movies out.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

There are clips of police officers firing their handguns aswell. It seems you don't really remember the scene quite well.
    Last edited by Itachi; 11-30-2012 at 15:11.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Maybe, maybe I was to busy laughing. I dunno the whole movie felt forced. Like they were contracted to do to but couldn't be bothered.
    Batman to me has always been about out smarting the opposition with a combination of brains and brawn and his gadgets. I felt somebody gave him a lobotomy. He trusted a lot of people he would never have trusted normally. $#@! he is all about not trusting people.
    Last edited by mynd; 11-30-2012 at 19:42.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Life of Pi - 9/10
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    You may wanna put that in spoilers.

Dedicated Member
    Hijacked - 5/10

I wouldn't watch it again. The story was quite easy to predict.

Credit to THUGGEDOUT for the Sig

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    You may wanna put that in spoilers.
    Meh, hidden plot points, what little they are.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    District 9-9/10

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

17. Likes Ernsty likes this post
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Maybe, maybe I was to busy laughing. I dunno the whole movie felt forced. Like they were contracted to do to but couldn't be bothered.
    Batman to me has always been about out smarting the opposition with a combination of brains and brawn and his gadgets. I felt somebody gave him a lobotomy. He trusted a lot of people he would never have trusted normally. $#@! he is all about not trusting people.
    Out of curiosity, what movie do you consider a good/great comic book or action movie?

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Out of curiosity, what movie do you consider a good/great comic book or action movie?
    I enjoyed the previous 2, and I enjoyed most of the 1st half of this one.

Just about any of the recent Marvel movies were better than this.
    This feels like a movie that was trying to take us into the darker/depression side of Batman but never succeeded.
    Last edited by mynd; 12-01-2012 at 02:15.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    The collection - 3/10

It doesn't even make sense!! GF wanted to see it so i had to!!
    I liked the first one. Did you ever see it. Wasn't the greatest movie but it was crafty.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Just about any of the recent Marvel movies were better than this.
    This feels like a movie that was trying to take us into the darker/depression side of Batman but never succeeded.
    I thought this might be the case. We're not going to agree. The Marvel movies are fun but lack any depth, which I believe makes Nolan's franchise more than just the cliche idea of a comic book movie: Good fighting evil with a bunch of one-liners.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    I thought this might be the case. We're not going to agree. The Marvel movies are fun but lack any depth, which I believe makes Nolan's franchise more than just the cliche idea of a comic book movie: Good fighting evil with a bunch of one-liners.
    The Nolan movies are far beyond any other marvel/superhero movie in terms of ts depth, themes, and psychology. The closest I would say is X-men (disclosure: my favorite) because of the rich character designs and social play. I think the Xavier/Lensherr dynamic is just fascinating, as neither of them are wrong based on their experiences.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Im actually watching it again right now, and I can see what they were aiming at, but it still comes of as shallow.
    The movie is full of little cliches, especially the last 1/4.

I think if they had gone more into Wayne's state of mind at the beginning of the movie it would have made his redemption much more effective.
    -as it stands the whole movie may as well have been hulk hogan wrestlemania 3.

One last thing:

Last edited by mynd; 12-01-2012 at 05:16.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Im actually watching it again right now, and I can see what they were aiming at, but it still comes of as shallow.

I think if they had gone more into Wayne's state of mind at the beginning of the movie it would have made his redemption much more effective.
    -as it stands the whole movie may as well have been hulk hogan wrestlemania 3.
    TDKR wasn't a perfect movie by any means. Bane and Talia's end were both disappointments. It's odd though that you point out those lines which aren't bad compared to the giant cliche of the evil-doer talking until the good guys can save the day. THAT was a cliche and one I wasn't happy about.

However, if you want to say the Marvel movies are better. Avengers alone, the story is one giant cliche throughout. And it doesn't get cheesier than Captain America's movie. If it wasn't for the comic people would've ripped that movie a new one.

One last thing:

Like I said before, I haven't seen the movie in 6 months so I can't answer that.

The Bourne Legacy - 7/10

It has its moments, but overall it's just not as good as Bourne's movies. It didn't help that Aaron was in a black leather jacket and shades on a bike for the climax. i.e. Tom Cruise, Mission Impossible...
    Last edited by RedDragon7; 12-01-2012 at 07:56.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Re: Marvel there is a certain lighthearted sense of comic humour in them, but I guess by the very nature of Batman thats going to be missing.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042

One last thing:

And personally the writing in this movie was just as good as the previous two, and Nolan managed to make it a much more personal tale about Bruce than an intense action thriller like The Dark Knight

Thread Information