Latest PSU headlines:

Page 430 of 501 FirstFirst ... 420430440 ... LastLast
Results 10,726 to 10,750 of 12518
    Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Hence the first three words in my first sentence. I saw it on the old TBS channel when they were playing it back to back with Hook.

And what would old people not understand about the Goonies? They saw it when it came out. Their reviews are more valid than ours combined.
    You need to see it as a child to fully understand its awesomeness. A older person would see it and say hey its just a movie but its more than that and they dont understand why that is. It can not be put into words so i can not explain to you more than what i already have.

RIP Oculus Rift

ADMINISTRATOR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    You are only allowed to rate The Goonies if you saw it before you were 12 years old. Older people just dont get it and their reviews are invalid.
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    And what would old people not understand about the Goonies? They saw it when it came out. Their reviews are more valid than ours combined.
    In what world would an adult view a movie the same as a child would? There are movies that I absolutely adored as a child that if I were to watch now... I would be very meh. The nostalgia is what keeps me enjoying such movies.

Surely you can understand that the perspective of children changes as they get older? The entire world is different at a young age. You're confusing seeing a movie when it came out with seeing the movie when you're a child. His point is still valid. It doesn't matter if you see a movie when it came out or 3 decades later... it's still not the same as viewing it as a child.

Also... THE GOONIES NEVER SAY DIE!
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

3. Likes HellsJester likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 8/10

After my first viewing I would have given this film a 7/10. I saw it in HFR IMAX 3D originally, and I think perhaps the visual immersion was too distracting. I was focusing too much on the look of the film rather than the film itself.

Anyway, after viewing this again in regular 2D/24 FPS, I enjoyed the film quite a bit more, especially the beginning section in the Shire. Overall, this is a very fun experience with good characters, ample humor, and breathtaking set-pieces. However, there's a few unnecessary scenes that should have been cut, and since this is only one third of the book, there's a need for a bit more plot progression.

By comparison, this is what I would give the LOTR films...

Fellowship of the Ring - 10/10

The Two Towers - 9/10

The Return of the King - 10/10

5. Likes Itachi likes this post
    Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I dont understand why people like The Lord Of The Rings so much, yeah its a decent film series but after watching all of the movies once again I wouldnt say those movies were so great.

ADMINISTRATOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    I dont understand why people like The Lord Of The Rings so much, yeah its a decent film series but after watching all of the movies once again I wouldnt say those movies were so great.
    Because people have different tastes in movies.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I re-watched all the LOTR movies in the last 3 days. Such an amazing trilogy.

Watched Cloud Atlas last night and I still don't completely understand that film. Have to watch it again bu my first score would be 8/10

ADMINISTRATOR
    Les Miserables
    10/10
    Hit me right in the feels.

Supreme Veteran

12 monkeys 10/10.... so love this movie

Pitt and Bruce is so awsome in this film

11. Likes TheBreezyBB , Lebowski likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    LA confidential: 7.5/10
    Thought this movie was gonna be a little dull due to the over the top neo-noir styling but it was pretty damn good. entertaining!

GlenGary GlenRoss: 6.5/10
    I dont like moves with this kind of story structure. Nothing really happens. its a lot of time filling. And when it's over, its like well alright then. you dont care at all. you werent taken anywhere. That said, the cast and writing is pretty damn amazing. Its a rare site to see a movie with so many top notch strong actors in it. Very cool stuff. Writing was excellent of course. I didnt' like the ending. It just ended and that was it. Also didnt like the directing in the shots with Harris and Arkin when the camera kept flash back and forth between who was talking.

The King of Kong: 4/10
    it was alright. a little dull i guess. Steve is a good guy with a good family so i was happy about that.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark -8.5/10-

Tap-a-hoe

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Veteran
    Batman Begins - 8.5 / 10

Believe it or not, it was the first time I've seen it. Very good movie.

15. Likes Ernsty likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    DJANGO UNCHAINED: 10 OUT OF MOTHERUCKING 10

Django Unchained was off the chain!!!! Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Where do I start with this epic film? Here's a kick-ass Western that pays tribute to the spaghetti era and adds in its own visual style, courtesy of THE MAN himself, Quentin Tarantino. Django Unchained isn't just any movie, it's the movie to end 2012 with a BANG. Django Unchained will make you feel happy, sad, guilty and satisfied, in no order, at the same time. But the last act was very satisfying to say the least. Oh and the acting? Top notch on all ends.

I had my doubts about Jamie Foxx (Even though he did prove himself in Michael Mann's Collateral), but he once again has proven me wrong and not only that, but has left me with a very high impression. He is now The Badass to me. And of course, Christopher Waltz delivered on all acting ends as usual, and so did Samuel L. Jackson. He reminded me of Uncle Ruckus from the Boondocks, so that's a major plus. Leo did amazing as well. Everyone did amazing, but it's really Jamie Foxx, Cristoph Waltz, Leo DiCaprio and Samuel L. Jackson who shined on through this film. And I really do question Tarentino's musical choice in this movie. The more you think about why he chose some of the songs, the more it works out. But I chuckled at one of the songs he chose.

What else can I say about this movie? It truly felt like a period piece if I've ever seen one. It's right up there with Unforgiven, if not, even better! The cinematography is reminiscent of The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, but of course, with the Tarantino touch to it. The locations were absolutely stunning and beautiful, almost made you forget that you're watching a movie and that you're riding with Django and Schultz on their epic adventure through the plains of the West and the South, into the wild.

As aforementioned, this is the film to end 2012 with a bang and it's my personal number 1 film of the year! Do not miss out on this amazing piece of film-making from a legendary director that continues to surprise me each time.

17. Likes Ernsty, Bio likes this post
    Veteran
    Django Unchained - 9.5/10

Oh...my...gosh...

Tarantino is a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

19. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    The Hobbit

A+ just for the soundtrack. Forgot how incredible the LotR music was.

Oh yeah, the movie was great too lol.
    Last edited by Shibby; 12-27-2012 at 07:10.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Cats Don't Dance-10/10
    Still my absolute favorite movie, everything is perfect from the soundtrack, to the characters. Love this movie so much.

I can't wait to see Gangster Squad, Emma Stone is reason enough <3

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Superior Member
    Django Unchained 10/10

Amazing movie. Jamie Foxx needs to start getting some Oscar recognition. He was brilliant in this movie. Leo was great, Waltz was top notch. This movie is a must see unless you have a problem with people saying ***** a lot because well they do. Still it's a great movie.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Elite Member
    Here is my review of David O. Russell's Silver Linings Playbook.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Superior Member
    Les Miserables 9.5/10

Another great movie. Good story and the singing was done really well (Russell Crowe was actually alright). Some performances stand out as better than others but overall very good movie.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

ADMINISTRATOR
    Quote Originally Posted by TEJ2025 View Post
    Les Miserables 9.5/10

Another great movie. Good story and the singing was done really well (Russell Crowe was actually alright). Some performances stand out as better than others but overall very good movie.
    Russell Crowe was terrible. His character was okay, but his singing was embarrassing. They should've cast someone like Gerard Butler (he was the Phantom in Phantom of the Opera) who at least has some singing talent and is similar to Russell Crowe. He's... of course... too busy doing horrendous romantic comedies that get 5% ratings on Rotten Tomatoes to do anything of worth.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Yeah, Gerard is wasting his talent.

How does Hooper's Les Mis compare to the Neeson/Rush one?

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Django Unchained

Amazing

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Russell Crowe was terrible. His character was okay, but his singing was embarrassing. They should've cast someone like Gerard Butler (he was the Phantom in Phantom of the Opera) who at least has some singing talent and is similar to Russell Crowe. He's... of course... too busy doing horrendous romantic comedies that get 5% ratings on Rotten Tomatoes to do anything of worth.
    I disagree. His voice wasn't terrible. He wasn't great (or "good") and obviously the weakest of everybody in the movie but terrible he was not.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    The Avengers -8.5/10-

Tap-a-hoe

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Sky fall -8/10-

Tap-a-hoe

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Lil bro wanted me to watch pokemon "sword of justice" something like that was pretty much wack.
    3/10

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Thread Information