Page 431 of 514 FirstFirst ... 421431441 ... LastLast
Results 10,751 to 10,775 of 12850
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TEJ2025 View Post
    I disagree. His voice wasn't terrible. He wasn't great (or "good") and obviously the weakest of everybody in the movie but terrible he was not.
    He sounded like an obese cat being strangled.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Long Weekend 7/10 on netflix

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    This is 40 8.5/ 10 good movie megan fox is so damn hot! Lmao

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I want to see Django unchained!! not released yet here in this stupid country!!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by brebaz View Post
    I want to see Django unchained!! not released yet here in this stupid country!!
    Patience, young grasshopper. Patience.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Superior Member
    Jack reacher 8.5/10
    Really enjoyed this. Tom cruise was great as jack reacher. The detective work is outstanding. Hopefully they continue making these movies because this was a great movie.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    The Hobbit - 7/10

Don't care for Gollum's scene, I prefer the original version. I did enjoy the the added scene with Gandalf and Galadriel, and the meeting as well. Clearly the movie is toned down a bit, which is fine until it became obvious with the Goblin King. It matches the book I think but not Jackson's style as much.

The HFR is halfway between a BBC movie and a videogame. I did get use to it so at least it wasn't distracting through the whole movie. They do need to adapt everything to it though. Everything plays faster and quick cuts become a mess. For now, I prefer 24fps. On a side note, costume and make-up are going to have to work twice as hard to not fall apart onscreen with HFR. And jokes now don't hit the audience like before.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    But what if HFR was strictly used for action scenes only, assuming there is no CGI or little at best?

9. Likes Ernsty likes this post
    Veteran
    Past movies have bumped up the refresh rate in action scenes (though not as high as 48 fps), so I don't see why that wouldn't work.

And yeah, makeup was more noticeable, too. Funny what extra fluidity does to the senses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    The Hobbit - 7/10

Don't care for Gollum's scene, I prefer the original version. I did enjoy the the added scene with Gandalf and Galadriel, and the meeting as well. Clearly the movie is toned down a bit, which is fine until it became obvious with the Goblin King. It matches the book I think but not Jackson's style as much.

The HFR is halfway between a BBC movie and a videogame. I did get use to it so at least it wasn't distracting through the whole movie. They do need to adapt everything to it though. Everything plays faster and quick cuts become a mess. For now, I prefer 24fps. On a side note, costume and make-up are going to have to work twice as hard to not fall apart onscreen with HFR. And jokes now don't hit the audience like before.
    Damn. You're the first person I've come across on the entire internet who didn't like the Gollum scene. lol

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    This is 40 3/10

kind of a sequel to "knocked up" but follows the deddie and her husband as they turn 40.

Never have I been so bored in my life I remember thinking "its got to be near the end now?" But nope another hour was left, its over 2 hours long.

Steer clear do not even rent or download, save your bandwidth. Not even worth it to see megan fox in a bikini and underwear having her boobs fondled by leslie mann (Debbie)
    Last edited by keefy; 12-29-2012 at 03:20.

13. Likes Ernsty likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    This is 40 3/10

kind of a sequel to "knocked up" but follows the deddie and her husband as they turn 40.

Never have I been so bored in my life I remember thinking "its got to be near the end now?" But nope another hour was left, its over 2 hours long.

Steer clear do not even rent or download, save your bandwidth. Not even worth it to see megan fox in a bikini and underwear having her boobs fondled by leslie mann (Debbie)
    Well now that you mention that..

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Don't do it!!!!
    You have been warned

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    evil dead one and two

10/10 for a cult classic and a gore fest of the scale... Bruce C is so cool and cheesey

loving it
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    evil dead one and two

10/10 for a cult classic and a gore fest of the scale... Bruce C is so cool and cheesey

loving it
    Don't forget to watch the third one, Army of Darkness.

Django Unchained
    9/10
    Good movie, but a little overrated.

PSU Editor, Writer, Idolmaster
    PSN ID
    LazerBlader
    This is 40

Just saw Judd Apatow's latest film, This Is 40 & was overall disappointed. It ran too long with unnecessary padding and not that funny actually, just some chuckles. With so many other phenomenal films in theaters right now (Django Unchained, Les Misérables, etc.), I cannot really recommend this one. It's a rental.

5 out of 10.

PlayStation Universe Editor & Writer
    411Mania.com Film Critic
    私は日本語が話せます。
    Follow me on Twitter @ErnstyLin

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Damn. I had my hopes up for This is 40, because Knocked Up was really good, but still not as great as Superbad, but pretty close!

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    But what if HFR was strictly used for action scenes only, assuming there is no CGI or little at best?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    Past movies have bumped up the refresh rate in action scenes (though not as high as 48 fps), so I don't see why that wouldn't work.

And yeah, makeup was more noticeable, too. Funny what extra fluidity does to the senses.
    Well, here's the thing. If you shoot something at a high frame rate and play it back at 24fps, then you get slow-motion. If they play the movie at 24fps and maybe the action scenes are played at 48 fps, it's going to be noticeable and distract from the movie.

For HFR, it doesn't matter if it's an action scene or a montage or whatever the case is, close-up quick cuts are going to look messy until they find a way to clear it up. It just plays too fast. The best descriptor I could use is fast forward, as in the scenes look like they're being fast forwarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Damn. You're the first person I've come across on the entire internet who didn't like the Gollum scene. lol
    Yeah, I figured as much. He's a technical marvel no doubt but just not my preference. And I knew that going in after The Two Towers, which I had more and more trouble getting through his scenes the more i watched that movie.

21. Likes Ernsty likes this post
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Life of Pi - 9/10

Easily one of the best films of the year. Will be a contender for Best Picture, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Special Effects, and Best Cinematography (although I wouldn't give it the award for the last).

Oh, and Best Director.

Tapatalk
    Last edited by RedDragon7; 12-30-2012 at 04:00.

23. Likes Ernsty likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Don't forget to watch the third one, Army of Darkness.
    watched and loved it, so so so badly animated and cheesey

but yet a another cult classic

On to my movie

DREDD 8.5/10

the effects and story was cool, but the actor doing DRED was

DREDDFULL... He did not sell the character to well and just felt like a wooden actor
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    evil dead one and two

loving it
    I cannot wait for the remake. Trailer looked awesome.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    an evil dead remake, that's completely new to me

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Oh yeah!!! Don't get me wrong, it doesn't look like it has all the super cheesy goodness of the original but it looks awesome. Here is the link.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/10/24...d-band-trailer

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    seen the trailer and i see old school with new... Will it work, i do not know until i see more

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    I know the cabin in the woods was parodying the original but this looks like cabin in the woods 2

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Thread Information