Page 437 of 520 FirstFirst ... 427437447 ... LastLast
Results 10,901 to 10,925 of 12977
    Veteran
    "MegaMan" Fan Film - 7.5/10

This was actually very good for some random fan film (oddly enough it's feature film length).

Best things about it are that it actually develops the main characters well, actors portrayed them adequately (Wily's actor was the best), it was paced well, and it does justice to the material. Nice homages thrown in, too. Obvious negatives have everything to do with low budget (production values, subpar action/effects, subpar CGi, etc.), but honestly you can't get much better than what this studio was able to do given their incredibly limited resources (they couldn't even get a real facility for Dr. Light and Dr. Wily's lab).

To be honest, I've seen real movies that are worse than this haha. If you like Megaman and can accept the fact that this is basically a homemade movie, there is much to appreciate here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The Hobbit... saw it in traditional 24fps. Big difference between that and HFR. Jokes work, emotion is all there and lighting is a little better. Unfortunately the lighting is tainted because it needs to be different for HFR (how it's shot). It has that crappy bloom look that BBC has.

Watching The Fellowship of the Ring right now and its a big difference between the movies. TFOTR looks like an "old school" movie with it's film aesthetic, versus the cleaner digital look. Although I have nothing against digital, Skyfall is just pitch-perfect beauty (shot on Alexa). And I think Jackson went more digital effects this time.

/filmnerdmode

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Well I just saw the Extended trilogy and Peter Jackson is no different. It's actually sickening how noticeable the CGI was in all three movies. The orc armies were completely CGI, it's only in the close ups and medium wide shots that there are actually people dressed as orcs, the rest is completely CGI, which is not bad. I'd imagine it'd be a lot harder and time consuming to get 100,000 people for Return of the King to march in good order from a helicopter. It would be nice though if that shot wasn't CGI. More D.W. Griffith style.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 01-13-2013 at 08:08.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    Clearly haven't seen Lincoln yet.
    I haven't had any desire to see that movie... but I'll take your word for it.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Well I just saw the Extended trilogy and Peter Jackson is no different. It's actually sickening how noticeable the CGI was in all three movies. The orc armies were completely CGI, it's only in the close ups and medium wide shots that there are actually people dressed as orcs, the rest is completely CGI, which is not bad. I'd imagine it'd be a lot harder and time consuming to get 100,000 people for Return of the King to march in good order from a helicopter. It would be nice though if that shot wasn't CGI. More D.W. Griffith style.
    Agree to disagree.

Now onto the opening of The Two Towers, love the music and badass sequence with Gandalf and the Balrog.
    Last edited by RedDragon7; 01-13-2013 at 08:36.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Gangster Squad-9/10
    I loved this movie, it had everything from car chases to beat downs to tommy guns to old style wire taps ect.. The small comedy bits were well put for a pretty serious film. Some of the deaths you feel attracted to and most important EMMA STONE EMMA $#@!ING GOD DAMN STONE.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Apocalypse Now: 10/10

The horror, the horror. My god this film is the best war film I have seen. It's miles ahead of its time, even if it's set in the Vietnam War. There are themes the director plays with, that Marlon Brando delivers, that make it seem like a contemporary art piece, and even then, it's still ahead of its time, just like 2001: A Space Odyssey.

The writing is excellent, the acting is excellent, the camera work is excellent and what shines is the location. The cinematography is utilized here in such a powerful way. My favourite part of this film was when we got to see Brando's character for the first time. That streak of light on his head and face truly gives you a chilling feel in your bones.

And this is my first time seeing it. I bought it on blu-ray for $19.99 from Futureshop. The HD transfer hear shines in every frame, and it's matched with the sound, the DTS 5.1 mix truly makes this picture feel organic and dynamic. They complement one another basically.

But now I can't wait to see the documentary on this film: Hearts of Darkness. Apparently this film was shot over years in the Philippines and it almost killed the director, Francis Ford Coppola. I'm so curious and excited to see the trials and tribulations that he went through with this. A review for that will also come.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Apocalypse Now: 10/10

The horror, the horror. My god this film is the best war film I have seen. It's miles ahead of its time, even if it's set in the Vietnam War. There are themes the director plays with, that Marlon Brando delivers, that make it seem like a contemporary art piece, and even then, it's still ahead of its time, just like 2001: A Space Odyssey.

The writing is excellent, the acting is excellent, the camera work is excellent and what shines is the location. The cinematography is utilized here in such a powerful way. My favourite part of this film was when we got to see Brando's character for the first time. That streak of light on his head and face truly gives you a chilling feel in your bones.

And this is my first time seeing it. I bought it on blu-ray for $19.99 from Futureshop. The HD transfer hear shines in every frame, and it's matched with the sound, the DTS 5.1 mix truly makes this picture feel organic and dynamic. They complement one another basically.

But now I can't wait to see the documentary on this film: Hearts of Darkness. Apparently this film was shot over years in the Philippines and it almost killed the director, Francis Ford Coppola. I'm so curious and excited to see the trials and tribulations that he went through with this. A review for that will also come.
    I liked it but man it was hard to stay into. It was a little too slow paced for me. I like longer movies just like the next person but I kind of felt it drug on too much.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Butter - 8/10
    This was an awesome movie I found on Netflix. It's about a butter carving competition in a small town in Iowa. Actually really hilarious!
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Dredd - 7/10 Solid action movie with sci-fi elements that didnt deserve to bomb at the box office. I would like a sequel but will most likely never get one unless its really low budget. Plot was pretty much identical to The Raid where its a cops going into a building and they need to defeat a drug lord and all that persons goons and 95% of the movie takes place in one building. Of course it has its differences like the building in Dredd is huge and considered a city block that has 200 floors and houses around 80,000 people. Overall i enjoyed The Raid more but Dredd was good enough for a recommendation.

reaper of souls
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    Gangster Squad-9/10
    I loved this movie, it had everything from car chases to beat downs to tommy guns to old style wire taps ect.. The small comedy bits were well put for a pretty serious film. Some of the deaths you feel attracted to and most important EMMA STONE EMMA $#@!ING GOD DAMN STONE.
    good to hear man i really wanna see this, got a soft spot for gangster films

Selected Members Council
    I haven't seen Gangster Squad but it looks kind of clichéd from the trailers.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    It's suppose to be a modern(As in the special effects) cliche gangster movie, set in like the 50s. It was cool seeing and hearing all the old stuff they threw in like Alcatraz. I won't say much, but I enjoyed it

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    My girlfriend loved it, but then again, she loves anything with Ryan Gosling. lol

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    My girlfriend loved it, but then again, she loves anything with Ryan Gosling. lol
    He's come a long way since young Hercules.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    He's a very good actor. One of my favorite. Drive showed that.Loved that movie.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Breach: 6.5/10

Spy thriller based on a true story about a fed who sold out 50 sources to KGB, and Americas enemies. Starring Ryan Phillipe and Chris Cooper. They both had some really great acting chemistry, which kept me watching the movie, but everything else was sort of boring and stale. I didn't feel the suspense too much either. It's funny, we're doing a dialogue scene from this movie on my assignment in one of my film classes. We have to light it, and get two actors for the roles, but we can completely re-create the setting and where it takes places, so there's lots of room for improvisation.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    1000 Words
    8.5/10

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Selected Members Council
    The Machinist - 9/10.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Shrek 2 8/10

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Django Unchained - 9.5/10

$#@!ing brilliant. This will be a classic for sure.

22. Likes Wrath , Ernsty likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    30 Minutes Or Less -6.5/10-

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo [2011] -9/10- Interesting and informative commentary from Fincher.

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    The Avengers 10/10 - HFS! What movie. Awesome in every way. Couldn't have asked for more.

The Machinist - 9/10.
    fantastic movie !!

just watched paranormal activity. 1/10
    Just awful

Thread Information