Page 441 of 515 FirstFirst ... 431441451 ... LastLast
Results 11,001 to 11,025 of 12866
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Requiem for a Dream: 8.5/10

If you're going through a tough time in life, this movie will probably not make you feel any better, but it will make you glad you're aren't in this fictional world that Darren Arfonsky has created. This really, really $#@!ed up and surreal world where hitting rock bottom is the worst feeling you can get. This is Arfonsky's finest work. The audio visual experience is moving to say the least. This is an experimental film that feels like a movie because of its run time. There's one shot where the audio pans around my speakers in a circular motion, and you can literally hear the audio pan if you have a home theatre. It's mind blowing. The cinematography of this is insane. But if you're happy, this movie makes you feel like $#@!, and it certainly scares the $#@! out of you. You constantly think that there are actually people in real life who have these things happening to them, and Arfonsky shows this in the best possible way through the very fast paced editing.

I remember watching this movie as a kid at school. It certainly painted an image in the back of my head. One day, we were all called down for an assembly. I think it was grade 8 or 9, and we knew it was about speakers who spoke about alcohol and drugs. What we didn't expect at this assembly was a 10 minute edited version of this film. When I saw this for the first time, I $#@! my pants. The point was taken clearly; don't do drugs. Drugs are bad. Then, to put the cherry on top, they dimmed the lights or turned them off, I can't remember. And they were playing an audio soundscape of this couple who are going home from a party. They had too much to drink. The girlfreind begs him to get a taxi or another friend who's sober to drive him. They argue and basically the guy drives, extremely drunk. They argue on the road and get into an accident from a tanker truck. They were screaming and when the tanker hit their car, it was so loud in the assembly and they must have had some fireworks and smoke machine because a small explosion went off. $#@!, now that's am effective way of telling kids not to drink and do drugs. But this movie helped more.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Movie 43

8/10

Hilarious, but wow that was vulgar.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Argo - 9/10

Thrilling experience and was a really good watch, nothing wrong with it at all.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Jennifer Connelly ass to ass scene, yeah boy!!!

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

5. Likes Ixion , Lebowski likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    The Number 23 9/10
    Great movie...kinda spooky

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Django Unchained - 9/10

Really enjoyed this film, brilliant acting and narrative, I think DiCaprio was my favourite. This film put me through a lot of emotions, it's mainly funny but there are parts where you feel awkward, disgusted and angry. I don't want to spoil anything so I will leave it at that, definitely worth a watch

8. Likes Ernsty likes this post
    PSU Editor, Writer, Idolmaster
    PSN ID
    LazerBlader
    FDR: American Badass

Another great movie to watch with buddies, especially if there's drinking involved. It peaks around the middle but before then constantly surprised me at how unbelievably ridiculous it kept getting. It's a bad film sure, but it's silly and on Netflix.

4 out of 10

PlayStation Universe Editor & Writer
    411Mania.com Film Critic
    私は日本語が話せます。
    Follow me on Twitter @ErnstyLin

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover

If you're going through a tough time in life, this movie will probably not make you feel any better, but it will make you glad you're aren't in this fictional world that Darren Arfonsky has created. This really, really $#@!ed up and surreal world where hitting rock bottom is the worst feeling you can get. This is Arfonsky's finest work. The audio visual experience is moving to say the least. This is an experimental film that feels like a movie because of its run time. There's one shot where the audio pans around my speakers in a circular motion, and you can literally hear the audio pan if you have a home theatre. It's mind blowing. The cinematography of this is insane. But if you're happy, this movie makes you feel like $#@!, and it certainly scares the $#@! out of you. You constantly think that there are actually people in real life who have these things happening to them, and Arfonsky shows this in the best possible way through the very fast paced editing.

I remember watching this movie as a kid at school. It certainly painted an image in the back of my head. One day, we were all called down for an assembly. I think it was grade 8 or 9, and we knew it was about speakers who spoke about alcohol and drugs. What we didn't expect at this assembly was a 10 minute edited version of this film. When I saw this for the first time, I $#@! my pants. The point was taken clearly; don't do drugs. Drugs are bad. Then, to put the cherry on top, they dimmed the lights or turned them off, I can't remember. And they were playing an audio soundscape of this couple who are going home from a party. They had too much to drink. The girlfreind begs him to get a taxi or another friend who's sober to drive him. They argue and basically the guy drives, extremely drunk. They argue on the road and get into an accident from a tanker truck. They were screaming and when the tanker hit their car, it was so loud in the assembly and they must have had some fireworks and smoke machine because a small explosion went off. $#@!, now that's am effective way of telling kids not to drink and do drugs. But this movie helped more.
    I'm pretty sure you mean Darren Aronofsky.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Pulp Fiction -9.5/10-

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernsty View Post
    FDR: American Badass

Another great movie to watch with buddies, especially if there's drinking involved. It peaks around the middle but before then constantly surprised me at how unbelievably ridiculous it kept getting. It's a bad film sure, but it's silly and on Netflix.

4 out of 10
    I saw that on there and I'm not going to lie...I was interested. Those goofy movies are fun to watch. Another god one up that alley is Nazis at the Center of the Earth. So stupid but funny because it was so atrocious.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    I'm pretty sure you mean Darren Aronofsky.
    I would if I gave a $#@! about a small grammar problem that couldn't be associated with the director.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    The Game (1997): What the $#@!kkkkk/10

That was one of the most ridiculous trips ive ever watched. entertaining though! 8/10

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    I would if I gave a $#@! about a small grammar problem that couldn't be associated with the director.
    Relax, I was just trying to mock around.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Evangelion 2.22 You can (not) advance: I give it a 9/10

Love the whole alternate view/reimagining of the series. Amazing movie of an amazing series.

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

17. Likes Ernsty likes this post
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Rating: 10 out of 10

Wow!

I finally saw Avatar and it blew my mind. I didn't expect it to be so good. I'm not sure why people say the movie LOOKS good as well but I watched it in standard definition.

I hated certain people died in it but overall it was a great film. It's actually one of the best movies I've watched in my life.

Now I'm looking forward to Inception, to see if it can top Avatar.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Rating: 10 out of 10

Wow!

I finally saw Avatar and it blew my mind. I didn't expect it to be so good. I'm not sure why people say the movie LOOKS good as well but I watched it in standard definition.

I hated certain people died in it but overall it was a great film. It's actually one of the best movies I've watched in my life.

Now I'm looking forward to Inception, to see if it can top Avatar.
    The reason Avatar is not a 10/10 movie is because the story is basically Pocahontas with aliens

PSU Editor, Writer, Idolmaster
    PSN ID
    LazerBlader
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    Evangelion 2.22 You can (not) advance: I give it a 9/10

Love the whole alternate view/reimagining of the series. Amazing movie of an amazing series.
    For me, that film is a 10/10. Shed tears twice during it ^^;

PlayStation Universe Editor & Writer
    411Mania.com Film Critic
    私は日本語が話せます。
    Follow me on Twitter @ErnstyLin

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernsty View Post
    For me, that film is a 10/10. Shed tears twice during it ^^;
    why did you shed tears? No one died

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Stir of Echoes: 6.5/10

The writing was pretty cool and so was some of the sound design, but the rubbish acting is what made me not take the plot seriously, even though there are some parts which are written so well, but carried out poorly on screen. Some things look really good on paper I guess. Kevin Bacon's performance is almost like Nic Cage's. We see Bacon's angry face and voice raised to unparalleled levels to the point where you laugh out loud. It's a decent horror thriller for a Friday night, but that's it. It'll become forgettable fast.

Super Elite
    Argo - 9/10

Nail-biting finish. Very well done, and historically both accurate and aesthetic. Ben Affleck is becoming quite the director.

Django Unchained - 8.5/10

Another classic Tarantino film. Soundtrack is absolutely a pleasure to listen to. Acting was top-notch, DiCaprio and Jackson stealing the show.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Cube: 8/10

I saw this again today and I haven't seen it since I was a kid. This is such a good psychological thriller. I love the simple production design on it too. It was literally built on only ONE sound stage, and each cubic room colour was because they changed the gel panels on the sound stage. So, in essence, the movie takes place in one entire room. The production itself is one entire room. The cinematography really helps with that illusion, that there are thousands of rooms, but it's just cleverly placed camera angles and lighting that helps with the illusion. However, the acting could have been a lot better, and maybe even some of the writing. But everything else outweighs these things small things. It's an independent production that became a cult classic. Really amazing movie, you guys should see it. And don't even bother with the sequels, those are terrible and add nothing to the story. They are not necessary.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Cube: 8/10

I saw this again today and I haven't seen it since I was a kid. This is such a good psychological thriller. I love the simple production design on it too. It was literally built on only ONE sound stage, and each cubic room colour was because they changed the gel panels on the sound stage. So, in essence, the movie takes place in one entire room. The production itself is one entire room. The cinematography really helps with that illusion, that there are thousands of rooms, but it's just cleverly placed camera angles and lighting that helps with the illusion. However, the acting could have been a lot better, and maybe even some of the writing. But everything else outweighs these things small things. It's an independent production that became a cult classic. Really amazing movie, you guys should see it. And don't even bother with the sequels, those are terrible and add nothing to the story. They are not necessary.
    Especially the 3rd. I always love those kind of movies were a group of strangers end up in situation where they don't know what's going on.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Gantz; 02-06-2013 at 04:40.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Dream House -5/10- Started out decent then halfway through, it turned into a lame Shutter Island, the rest just went downhill from there.

Tap-a-hoe

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Death Race 3 Inferno - 7/10

Very similar to previous movies and not innovative, also fake and unrealistic explosions were kinda annoying.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Death Race 3? Really? -_-
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Thread Information