Results 11,026 to 11,050 of 12515
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Death Race 3? Really? -_-
    I've heard three was good.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Death Race 3? Really? -_-
    I didn't even know there was a sequel. The remake wasn't anything special.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Sherlock Holmes
    Score: 8 out of 10

It was better than expected. I really enjoyed the parts in which Holmes explains fights and things slow down.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    The Master: 10/10

From now on, whenever I bold and underline a film, it's a must watch. The Master is certainly no exception. Let me just begin by saying that PT Anderson is one of the greatest film-makers to ever live. And that makes me sound like artsy pretentious **** who takes photography, but you know what, this film is amazing. The acting alone is what makes it beautiful, but the cinematography really complements it soooo much.

The writing is fantastic and so are the characters. The subject in the film is like a huge ironic metaphor for Scientology. PT Anderson knew where he was going with this. Stanley Kubrick did this too with Eyes Wide Shut. A film with a cult in it, that kind of resembles Scientology, but The Master explores its idea and origin way more and makes it into something original. I love this movie.

Adding this to my blu-ray collection.

5. Likes DINAMO788 wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    End of Watch 8.5/10

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    xSoloWing--
    The Crow 10/10

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Mama

Based on a great short film (http://youtu.be/UPmycZaJYNw), "Mama" is a good creepy PG-13 horror film. The film has a nice build-up throughout, with some very effective scenes and details. There is too much reliance on CGI towards the end, which has become standard for films nowadays, but overall it's a good story and has some fantastic acting from the two little girls.

7/10

Shut up and play games

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    The reason Avatar is not a 10/10 movie is because the story is basically Pocahontas with aliens
    Many have called it a space-age Dances With Wolves. I was calling it Starship-Troopers-meets-Ferngully before it was cool.

Shut up and play games

Peaceful Warrior
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Equinoqs View Post
    I was calling it Starship-Troopers-meets-Ferngully before it was cool.
    Lol...
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Tower block: 8/10

Its about a group of tenants stuck in a building with a sniper outside trying to kill them.good movie

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Spiderman 2 9/10

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Peaceful Warrior

Rate The Last Movie You've Seen

Identity Thief ~ 8.5/10

Pretty damn funny :]
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Resident Evil: Retribution -5/10-

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    'The Artist: 9/10

This was was a beautiful little film from France that's about the changing industry in Hollywood. In it, the main star has a problem with the transition from silent films to talkies. Whether or not that's a metaphor for today, it works. And I thought they would cop out in some parts, and make the actors speak, but they didn't, they stayed true to that pioneer style of moviemaking. The sound design is amazing near the end, but even throughout the film. And the aspect ratio of how this was exported fits the style of the movie. Well done. I can see why it won best picture. This is how film used to be back when it started, just slightly after it started, because when it started, there was only 24 frames of picture but no sound at all, not even music.

Ghostbusters: 8/10

Ghostbusters may not be the perfect movie, but it's got the perfect actor in it, Bill ****ing Murray...and twinkies! I've seen this movie was a kid and didn't like it, but that's probably because it was shown on the TBS channel with a ridiculous amount of commercial breaks and it just ruined it for me. Plus, I never really got used to standard def. I would excuse it if there were no commercials. But I bought it on blu-ray and the picture quality is top notch, and so is the audio. They did justice for the transfer because Sigourney Weaver gave me an erection as a kid and even yesterday in full hi-def...omg..dat dress. Dat legs.. And let's not forget Bill Murray, who was the most interesting character in the whole movie. You gotta love his lines, his dry sarcasm won me over, but Dan Akroyd is a strong supporting character too. He's like that cool sidekick you wanna take into battle. Yeah, you gotta see this one, but you probably already have. Just see it again for Sigourney Weaver in that red dress. Many faps were had to that scene, I bet.

Peaceful Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    'The Artist: 9/10

This was was a beautiful little film from France that's about the changing industry in Hollywood. In it, the main star has a problem with the transition from silent films to talkies. Whether or not that's a metaphor for today, it works. And I thought they would cop out in some parts, and make the actors speak, but they didn't, they stayed true to that pioneer style of moviemaking. The sound design is amazing near the end, but even throughout the film. And the aspect ratio of how this was exported fits the style of the movie. Well done. I can see why it won best picture. This is how film used to be back when it started, just slightly after it started, because when it started, there was only 24 frames of picture but no sound at all, not even music.

Ghostbusters: 8/10

Ghostbusters may not be the perfect movie, but it's got the perfect actor in it, Bill ****ing Murray...and twinkies! I've seen this movie was a kid and didn't like it, but that's probably because it was shown on the TBS channel with a ridiculous amount of commercial breaks and it just ruined it for me. Plus, I never really got used to standard def. I would excuse it if there were no commercials. But I bought it on blu-ray and the picture quality is top notch, and so is the audio. They did justice for the transfer because Sigourney Weaver gave me an erection as a kid and even yesterday in full hi-def...omg..dat dress. Dat legs.. And let's not forget Bill Murray, who was the most interesting character in the whole movie. You gotta love his lines, his dry sarcasm won me over, but Dan Akroyd is a strong supporting character too. He's like that cool sidekick you wanna take into battle. Yeah, you gotta see this one, but you probably already have. Just see it again for Sigourney Weaver in that red dress. Many faps were had to that scene, I bet.
    I hate The Artist.

As for Ghostbusters... Stay Puft Marshmallow Man = win

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    The Impossible -6/10- First 20 minutes was good, the rest was boring.

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by THUGGEDOUT View Post
    The Impossible -6/10- First 20 minutes was good, the rest was boring.

I guess you could say, the rest of the movie was impossible to watch.

19. Likes Sylar wishes they had posted this first.
    Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by THUGGEDOUT View Post
    Resident Evil: Retribution -5/10-
    Yeh I found it pretty average, it was okay but some of it was just crap

Wreck it Ralph 7/10

I watched this yesterday and I thought it was really good, some pretty good references to other games and pretty funny for the majority of the film. From certain reviews I had heard there were a lot of references to games but personally I thought there could of been more, although it would of probably cost a lot more to mention other characters.
    The favourite part for me would probably be all the scenes with Sarah Silerman's character Vanellope, she had the best jokes and the most charm out of the other characters.
    I did notice a few plot holes when watching the film which I don't usually spot on the first play through but I won't spoil what they were!

I'd recommend to go see it but you wouldn't be missing out if you waited for a dvd release imo!

"Guns for Show, Knives for Pro"

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Taken 2 8.5/10- First of its nots as good as the first IMO. This was a very good movie. I was nice seeing the cqc techniques used too. Liam Neeson badass as usual.

Savages 7/10- Oh man. This movie was going so good. Probably would have gotten the same score as taken 2. But...the ending just destroyed the vibe of the movie and story. It was going so good then it derailed like a console sales numbers thread. Such a stupid ending to a pretty damn good movie.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome -8/10-

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    The Help -8.5/10-

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Identity theft - 6/10 wait for it to get to hbo

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Peaceful Warrior

Rate The Last Movie You've Seen

Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Identity theft - 6/10 wait for it to get to hbo
    Nah... I enjoyed it in the theater, thx.

Side Effects ~ 8/10

Interesting thriller :-0

Last edited by Brandon; 02-11-2013 at 08:28.

Forum Guru
    Silent Hill 2, (6/10)
    A mediocre adaptation of the SH3 storyline, could have been a lot better or worse.
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

Veteran
    Last movie I saw was Pokémon the Movie: Kyurem vs. the Sword of Justice

ive seen all of the Pokemon movies and I'd rate this one somewhere in the middle.

Probably give it like a 6.5/10

Thread Information