Page 453 of 501 FirstFirst ... 443453463 ... LastLast
Results 11,301 to 11,325 of 12510
    Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The Master - 7/10

Joaquin Pheonix and Philip Seymour Hoffman were both great. really enjoyed their interactions and scenes together. However, overall didn't enjoy the movie as a whole

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Jurassic Park IMAX 3D: 8/10

This is a must see movie for the weekend. And just like millions of others have said, the special effects still hold up even today and I can say that they look better than recent films that use CGI. Spielberg is a master of his craft as the same thrills and chills remain at the core when you see the T-Rex for the first time. That sequence actually rattled me a little bit and I'm very desensitized by horror and thrillers, but damn, this movie still gave me chills. This is actually my first time watching it on the big screen. I think I remember seeing it on VHS as a kid or on the TBS super channel. The HD transfer on the big screen looks fucking gorgeous in IMAX. And the 3D is post-converted very well. The sound is crystal clear and crisp all the way throughout. Some are even saying that the picture quality is better than the blu-ray trilogy!!! Alas, Jurassic Park is a must see by every audience member, regardless of age. This is a movie that people will always remember and it will NEVER age.

They are also making a Jurassic Park 4, and Spielberg is the producer, but not directing.

3. Likes Ernsty wishes they had posted this first.
    Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Argo. 8/10

Ben Affleck is a better director than he is an actor. but he did a great job as both roles in this great movie.

5. Likes DINAMO788 wishes they had posted this first.
    Superior Member
    Evil Dead: 8/10

Pretty god movie. Lots of blood. All the gore is pretty intense and looks painful. Lol the beginning isn't to great but when shit starts to get out of control its non stop for the rest of the movie. Overall a good movie that people who enjoy gore will like.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Sexy evil genius: 8/10

About a woman who invites her ex boyfriends/girlfriend out with her current lawyer boyfriend after getting off from murdering her last boyfriend. But maybe she invited them with deadly ulterior motives.

Love these kinda movies about strangers who meet up and have to talk to each other to find out what's going on. katee sackhoff was really amazing in this.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Gantz; 04-07-2013 at 22:31.

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Prometheus. 8/10

second time watching it. still pretty awesome. can't wait for the sequel.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Fun Sized-7/10
    It's pretty suggestive for a Nickelodeon production, I did enjoy it despite it being the typical girl ignores guy,but fate forces them on an adventure, they both fall in love clique and this all happens in a one night duration that they "fall in love". It could of used more laughs and did better with the side characters.

Edit-I'm about to watch Lawless

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Evil Dead - 8/10

The story isn't all too enthralling, especially at the beginning. It's completely cliché and overdone, but as the person who reviewed this movie before me said: Once things get going, it's a good amount of fun and very entertaining. Very grim and gory, and in ways that rival other movies known for their gore like the Saw series.

As someone who grew up watching scary movies, I'm difficult to scare, but there were definitely some moments that had me at the edge of my seat. If you're looking for a scare and are up for some gruesome scenes (or are cool with looking away a lot), Evil Dead is a must-see.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    You should check out the original... as well as Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness (the third film).
    “Don’t fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.” ~ Bruce Lee

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    You should check out the original... as well as Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness (the third film).
    Yeah, I'd never seen any of those films before, but one of the guys I went with had. He didn't expect there to be any deviations from the original, so he was caught off guard as well, which I enjoyed. Definitely will check those out ... didn't even realize there was an Evil Dead 2 or 3.

Administrator
    They're worth checking out. The original was pretty crazy for being released in the 80s... though as the movies progress, it becomes more of a comedy horror (the original is kinda goofy too, though). They're pretty classic.

And Bruce Campbell is the man.

“Don’t fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.” ~ Bruce Lee

last weakend i sae UnderWorld Awaking and i rate this 8/10
    i like this movie

images.jpg

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Silver Linings Playbook 8.5/10 +0.5 for Jennifer Lawrence
    My God she is beautiful

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    My God she is beautiful
    Wow, I just finished watching it right now. Same score.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    Wow, I just finished watching it right now. Same score.
    I also concur. Silver Lining Playbook is really an excellent film. I was skeptical going into it, but really enjoyed it.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    My God she is beautiful
    she is cool and absolutely gorgeous. if you watch some of her interviews on youtube you can tell she also got a great personality. what an ideal woman

Everything is show and the story is so simple that im going to give it a...
    Last edited by Jason3beard; 04-09-2013 at 06:38.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Master & Commander: The Far Side of the World - 7/10

I've never seen this movie till last night and the trailer for it never convinced me to see it when it came out. There's something about plots that take place on boats that doesn't attract me. But, this changed my view. Master & Commander is a nice transition from his role in Gladiator, and although there are similarities in the performance, he surprises. I now understand where South Park ripped on him with Fightin' Round the World with Russel Crowe. Genius.

Paul Bettany co-stars and frankly, he seems like a sensitive bitch in it. Almost like a girl, which is understandable with his character role, but it's still weird to see nonetheless. I think the strongest part of this was the production design on the ship and all the action scenes, to where he makes the decision of leaving the guy to drown or bringing him back up and risking the entire ship to sink. That was pretty cool.

It's not a bad movie, but it got a little boring for me at times. The amount of dialogue wasn't necessary in some parts, and it was lacking action, aside from whenever it was on screen. Still worth a watch if you're into period pieces.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Master & Commander: The Far Side of the World - 7/10

I've never seen this movie till last night and the trailer for it never convinced me to see it when it came out. There's something about plots that take place on boats that doesn't attract me. But, this changed my view. Master & Commander is a nice transition from his role in Gladiator, and although there are similarities in the performance, he surprises. I now understand where South Park ripped on him with Fightin' Round the World with Russel Crowe. Genius.

Paul Bettany co-stars and frankly, he seems like a sensitive bitch in it. Almost like a girl, which is understandable with his character role, but it's still weird to see nonetheless. I think the strongest part of this was the production design on the ship and all the action scenes, to where he makes the decision of leaving the guy to drown or bringing him back up and risking the entire ship to sink. That was pretty cool.

It's not a bad movie, but it got a little boring for me at times. The amount of dialogue wasn't necessary in some parts, and it was lacking action, aside from whenever it was on screen. Still worth a watch if you're into period pieces.
    This movie also has an impressive audio mix that seriously worked out my 7.1 system when I watched it.

...Tapatalking

22. Likes Lebowski wishes they had posted this first.
    Unbound Mercenary
    Skyfall - 9/10

As it goes for one of the new Bond films, I love how they return to the more classic feel that Bond fans know and love. A cool villain, classic cool car, and some kick ass action.

Not going to spoil anything, but I love how they set up for future bond films, giving it a real feel of being a precursor to the other bond films after Dr. No.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Administrator
    Evil Dead 9/10

Finally saw it... holy fuggin' gory. I loved it. People were leaving the theater halfway through, lol. I was laughing the whole time. The Bruce Campbell cameo at the end of the credits made my day.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    It's All Gone Pete Tong - 9.5/10

I'm gonna post my assignment review of this movie. It's really long, so bare with me.

TL; DR?

Fucking awesome movie! Everyone should see this at least once. Don't be put off by the terrible marketing for it, it's a hidden gem. One of the best music films I have ever seen.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Oblivion 8 out of 10. Pretty good sci fi movie. I easily guessed what was going on with the mysterious woman but didn't expect the other twist.

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    Oblivion 8 out of 10. Pretty good sci fi movie. I easily guessed what was going on with the mysterious woman but didn't expect the other twist.

Hmm...I've been wondering if it was worth going too, might go check it out tomorrow.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Phil Spector - 7/10

An interesting movie with good performances by Pacino and Mirren. The ending is kind of abrupt though.

Thread Information