Page 455 of 520 FirstFirst ... 445455465 ... LastLast
Results 11,351 to 11,375 of 12982
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by supergamer View Post
    Iron Man 3 - 8/10

Enjoyed the movie thoroughly, it clearly was better than Iron Man 2, however I can't help but feel that some things could have been done differently. It definitely had the potential to be better than the first movie. Hope to see Robert Downey Jr. back in The Avengers 2/Iron Man 4!

p.s. stick around until after the end credits roll, all you marvel fans should know this by now

Just for reference:

Hey what made thor lose 5 points

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    The Last Stand -7/10-

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    Hey what made thor lose 5 points

I don't change ratings a lot. But out of all those movies I listed, and after subsequent viewings, it's the only one I felt like I rated just a tad bit more than I should have. Plus it made sense in the end, because I enjoyed Iron Man 1 more so than Thor

~Special thanks to Kwesnoth for making my Sig & Avy~

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Oblivion 8.5/10

Tom Cruise movies are always enjoyable

5. Likes RedDragon7 likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Mama -6.5/10-

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Iron Man 3 -8.8/10-

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    A movie called: A TOWN CALLED PANIC 10/10, For being so odd and weird and funny

This is a short clip

Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Superior Member
    Pain and Gain: 6/10

Kind of disappointed with this movie. It has it's funny moments but overall this movie isn't that good. The rock's character is hilarious but not funny enough to warrant seeing this movie in theaters.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Oblivion - 7.5/10

Really like the concept and production value behind the film. Tom Cruise was decent. However, could have been done a lot better.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Oblivion - 5/10

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Pain & Gain: 7.5/10

You know what, I quite enjoyed this movie, even though it makes light of a serious situation, but isn't that what all black comedies should do? Fargo is a perfect example of this type of genre. However, the problem with Bay's direction is that he doesn't know how to make it more subtle and mixes up the genres to a point where you see them separated throughout the movie and with editing too.

That being said, the Whalberg, Rock and Mackie have a great chemistry on set, but I think Rock and Whalberg stole the show here. Especially, The Rock. Let me just say that The Rock acting like a tough guy is the best thing I have ever seen. No seriously, he is downright hilarious.

And don't worry, the characters are not obnoxious as you think they might be. They do play on the gym jock stereotypes and portray it quite accurately (because if I've known anything from taking personal training, it's that these people are single minded and everything revolves around their silly little philosophies on life and in general), but there is still something original about them. And they're total idiots, as you would expect. But yeah, this movie gets a hell of a lot dark in some parts and of course, we see helicopter shots, the infamous Michael Bay cinematography graces this movie too.

So, whatever qualms you have with Michael Bay, keep them reserved for Transformers 4 and TMNT,

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Argo: 5/10

I dont understand the hype for this movie. Best picture?? Best Adaptive Screenplay????? Wtf, for a movie with no action, this movie is surprisingly light on dialogue and when their was talking, it was average. I think this movie was supposed to be suspenseful or thrilling but it was neither. It's a drama by default only. By far Affleck's weakest work.
    Last edited by DINAMO788; 05-04-2013 at 19:23.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by DINAMO788 View Post
    Arg: 5/10

I dont understand the hype for this movie. Best picture?? Best Adaptive Screenplay????? Wtf, for a movie with no action, this movie is surprisingly light on dialogue and when their was talking, it was average. I dont think if this movie was supposed to be suspenseful or thrilling but it was neither. It's a drama by default only. By far Affleck's weakest work.
    I love ben afflecks movies but I agree with this. People said it was so good but to me it was just okay.

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Iron Man 3 - 3.5/5

Argo - 4.5/5
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

16. Likes claud3 likes this post

PSN ID
    duffman4pres
    Thief (direct by Michael Mann) 5/10 good movie, bit before my time, probably would of appreciated it more if l was around in the early 80s, but overall lacked good character development, and James Caan as the protagonist is not a likely character even when we see he is vunerable

PSU Editor, Writer, Idolmaster
    PSN ID
    LazerBlader
    This Is The End

Just caught an advance screening of this tonight with fellow PSU writer Kyle Prahl. Pleasantly surprised by the film and really an all-around unique experience. Hilariously self-referential, great cast. Probably will be the funniest comedy of the summer & of the year. Just go watch it when it comes out on June 12!

4.5 out of 5

PlayStation Universe Editor & Writer
    411Mania.com Film Critic
    私は日本語が話せます。
    Follow me on Twitter @ErnstyLin

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Once again I envy you for getting advance screenings. I bet this is still not the final version. They have more post to work on, amirite?

PSU Editor, Writer, Idolmaster
    PSN ID
    LazerBlader
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Once again I envy you for getting advance screenings. I bet this is still not the final version. They have more post to work on, amirite?
    I am fairly certain what I saw was the final version and the PR rep said nothing that would indicate otherwise. The audience as a whole seemed to really enjoy it as well so don't anticipate any changes due to backlash. The one thing a lot of us would've added was a post-credits scene.

Tonight, I'm seeing Monsters University & on Monday, Great Gatsby!

PlayStation Universe Editor & Writer
    411Mania.com Film Critic
    私は日本語が話せます。
    Follow me on Twitter @ErnstyLin

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    Just wondering, am I the only one who doesn't like advanced screenings?

Also Ernsty, do your screening come with that little line about the bottom of the screen stating how this is only for screening/promotional purposes?

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Iron Man 3: 7.8/10

Although it could probably go for a solid eight too.

Warning: VERY LONG REVIEW. Although it will probably turn into a rant.

TL;DR?

Day One blu-ray purchase, fingers crossed for a Steelbook edition. GO SEE THIS MOVIE THIS WEEKEND, SERIOUSLY!
    Last edited by Lebowski; 05-03-2013 at 10:14.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Iron Man 3: 7.8/10

Although it could probably go for a solid eight too.

Warning: VERY LONG REVIEW. Although it will probably turn into a rant.

TL;DR?

Day One blu-ray purchase, fingers crossed for a Steelbook edition. GO SEE THIS MOVIE THIS WEEKEND, SERIOUSLY!

~Special thanks to Kwesnoth for making my Sig & Avy~

PSN ID
    duffman4pres
    They Live (198 directed by John Carpenter

This movie is a genuine gem. Great story, hilarious one liners, an epic fight scene (that was later featured in south park when jimmy vs timmy) and stars roddy piper of all people! If your a fan of John Carpenter or high octane 80s films, this is for you....

featured quote "l'm here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and l'm all out of bubble gum"

8.5/10

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Declan13 View Post

This movie is a genuine gem. Great story, hilarious one liners, an epic fight scene (that was later featured in south park when jimmy vs timmy) and stars roddy piper of all people! If your a fan of John Carpenter or high octane 80s films, this is for you....

featured quote "l'm here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and l'm all out of bubble gum"

8.5/10
    The reason I watched it was because of that line, because it was basis of the Duke Nukem character we all grew up with. I think it's one of those cult classic films that tried to be funny, but didn't really realize what a statement it made about society and authority in general.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Quote Originally Posted by Declan13 View Post

8.5/10
    I remember this film as a kid wasn't there a scene where:

PSN ID
    duffman4pres
    @DreDayDetox yeah definitely agree (and well spotted), it was such a powerful social commentary and message that l think the source material tried to lighten that with over the top one liners and what have you

@Thuggedout hahahahahaha yeah in fact thats how the movie finishes

Thread Information