Page 458 of 514 FirstFirst ... 448458468 ... LastLast
Results 11,426 to 11,450 of 12847
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Here's a scene I want to see.

Christopher Waltz and Jodie Foster discussing how they should have sexual intercourse, despite the fact that Jodie Foster is in a lesbian relationship and how Chris has to convince her that it would free the Indians from British occupation.

2. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Stark Trek Into Darkness - 9/10

Really awesome. Pleasantly surprised.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Oh! One thing I forgot about Star Trek Into Darkness. Stay during the credits till you get to the cast section. Prepare for lols.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Ted is a 9/10 for me. Seth is a comic genius imo. I love seeing movies that go outside the box like that.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Imaginaerum -7/10-

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Iron Man 3 8.5/10

Lots of great humor, funny-as-hell twist, and some nice action sequences.

Master Guru
    Fast and the Furious 6

8/10

Apprentice
    Jack and Jill

Omg love that movie! Funny and great storyline. If you wanna laugh just watch it

9/10

Ultimate Veteran
    Star Trek Into Darkness - 9/10
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    The Count of Monte Cristo 9/10

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Robocop 7/10

Though some of the effects seem really dated, the film itself still stands the test of time. I just realized watching it now that there is a hidden context within it and I don't think the director was realizing this when he did it, but it's basically a parody of the current society then, especially since there was a recession in the 80's as well where corporations benefited and the poor got poorer. What I love is how surreal this movie takes itself. Nevermind the amazing acting by Robocop, but just the message itself is something worth noting because Paul Verhoven is a joker, like Schumacher, but it works because he outweighs it with story and memorable characters that don't always have one-liners in every scene. There definately are flaws with the editing and the pacing, which is why I'm ok with the remake, I'm looking forward to it. My favourite sequence is after Murphy dies. Cuts to black and what can go for a virtual screen with a HUD is turned on. We see the POV of Robocop, his awakening. It's such a great sequence that truly captures what's going on through his microchip. His malfunction? Being human, after all. (see what i did thar? DAFT PUNK!)

My favourite scene is when Robocop goes to city hall to stop some ex-politician from killing everyone in the office. The negotiation scene is $#@!ing hilarious.

[Ron Miller is holding City Hall hostage to get an old job back and Lt. Hedge$#@! is negotiating from outside with a bullhorn]
    Lt Hedge$#@!: Okay Miller! Don't hurt the mayor! We'll give you what you want!
    Miller: First, don't $#@! with me. I'm a desperate man! And second, I want some fresh coffee. And third, I want a recount! And no matter how it turns out, I want my old job back!

Lt Hedge$#@!: Okay.
    Miller: And I want a bigger office! And I want a new car! And I want the city to pay for it all!
    Lt Hedge$#@!: What kind of car, Miller?

Miller: Something with reclining leather seats, that goes really fast, and gets really $#@!ty gas mileage! Alright.

Lt Hedge$#@!: How about a 6000 SUX?

Miller: Yeah! Okay, sure! What about cruise control? Does it come with cruise control?

Lt Hedge$#@!: Hey, no problem, Miller. You let the mayor go, we'll even throw in a Blaupunkt!

Miller: Lieutenant, don't jerk me off! When people jerk me off, I kill them! You wanna see?

[Miller goes over to the Mayor]

Lt Hedge$#@!: Get up, Your Honor. Get up! Get up. Your public wants to see you.
    [Miller pulls the Mayor to the window and points the gun at his head]
    Miller: Nobody ever takes me seriously! (gee, ya think?!) We'll get serious now... and kiss the mayor's ass goodbye!

[Robocop punches through the wall, grabbing Miller and the gun, then he punches Miller in the face and sends him flying out the window]
    Seriously, you cannot get more brilliant writing than this. Best scene ever. Please tell me someone else gets the satire in this scene and film.

Also, I've noticed sometimes there's commercials in the movie after certain sequences.

"No more military aid!" LOLOLOLOLOL

I love his nihilism. Paul Verhoven is right in league with Joel Schumacher, except we all seem to like his movies more.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Robocop 7/10

Though some of the effects seem really dated, the film itself still stands the test of time. I just realized watching it now that there is a hidden context within it and I don't think the director was realizing this when he did it, but it's basically a parody of the current society then, especially since there was a recession in the 80's as well where corporations benefited and the poor got poorer. What I love is how surreal this movie takes itself. Nevermind the amazing acting by Robocop, but just the message itself is something worth noting because Paul Verhoven is a joker, like Schumacher, but it works because he outweighs it with story and memorable characters that don't always have one-liners in every scene. There definately are flaws with the editing and the pacing, which is why I'm ok with the remake, I'm looking forward to it. My favourite sequence is after Murphy dies. Cuts to black and what can go for a virtual screen with a HUD is turned on. We see the POV of Robocop, his awakening. It's such a great sequence that truly captures what's going on through his microchip. His malfunction? Being human, after all. (see what i did thar? DAFT PUNK!)

My favourite scene is when Robocop goes to city hall to stop some ex-politician from killing everyone in the office. The negotiation scene is $#@!ing hilarious.

Seriously, you cannot get more brilliant writing than this. Best scene ever. Please tell me someone else gets the satire in this scene and film.

Also, I've noticed sometimes there's commercials in the movie after certain sequences.

"No more military aid!" LOLOLOLOLOL

I love his nihilism. Paul Verhoven is right in league with Joel Schumacher, except we all seem to like his movies more.
    Your review... I'll buy that for a dollar!!

Tap-a-hoe

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

14. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by thuggedout View Post
    your review... I'll buy that for a dollar!!

Tap-a-hoe

yes!!!!

Apprentice
    Fast & Furious 6 8.9/10

It had everything you need in a movie. There was enough action to enjoy. The list of cars shown in the movie were beautiful. And the humor...was good. Great movie! It's a must watch if you're a fan of the franchise. I'm excited for Fast 7.
    Last edited by DeadCrow; 05-26-2013 at 01:58.
    Oh, I'm sorry did I break your concentration I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue. - Jules

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Fast 6: 7/10

Great action sequences, the highway tank chase being my highlight and the plane wasn't too bad. Fun movie. However, it's not as great as Fast 5. The writing kinda sucks and the twist is terrible and comes out of nowhere. That was stupid. Also one of the sequences has a major continuity issue which is obvious. The comic relief is fine, but a little forced or too much at times. I didn't expect much from this because Fast Five was the best for me. However, I am very excited for the sequel to this, as it's also a sequel to my favourite film in the series. Oh, stay after the credits.

Do not read if you haven't seen this yet.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Looper 8/10- This was a really cool movie. I was quite impressed the way they made Joseph Gordon-Levitz look like Bruce Willis. Overall it was a very entertaining movie but the ending was very abrupt and wasn't very enjoyable. For those that have seen it I have one thought that has really bothered me.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Zoom-7/10
    S' aight

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Hangover Part 3 7/10- Very disappointed in this one. It was funny at moments but very short of the great moments like the first 2. I was really looking forward to it but came away wanting more from it.

Veteran
    Items Arsenal
    City of God: 6.5/10

Not as good as I heard it was. Still fairly good though. Crazy that it's based on a true story.

Elite Squad 2 is still my favorite BR movie.

Superior Member
    Hangover Part III 8.5/10
    Really enjoyed this. A lot better than the second one. It was nice seeing some of the characters evolve and I liked that this story was "different" than the other two. Made for a better movie.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by TEJ2025 View Post
    Hangover Part III 8.5/10
    Really enjoyed this. A lot better than the second one. It was nice seeing some of the characters evolve and I liked that this story was "different" than the other two. Made for a better movie.
    I think that because the story was so different it lost what made it funny to me. But hey glad you enjoyed it.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Looper 8/10- This was a really cool movie. I was quite impressed the way they made Joseph Gordon-Levitz look like Bruce Willis. Overall it was a very entertaining movie but the ending was very abrupt and wasn't very enjoyable. For those that have seen it I have one thought that has really bothered me.
    Frankly it's explained in the movie. Closing someone's Loop is sending their old self back in time for the Looper to kill. It's clean.

It's an endpoint in his timeline, it's not a loop. Does that technically change the rest of the film? Maybe, but time travel is the single hardest thing to write for. No one really knows how any of it would actually work. At that point, it's a matter of whether the movie is good enough to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I think that because the story was so different it lost what made it funny to me. But hey glad you enjoyed it.
    There's only so many times when you can get black out drunk and wind up in some ridiculously crazy situation and not yell at the screen going "Seriously? A third time? Now it's your own damn fault."

EDIT: A Good Day To Die Hard

Grade A material for Riff Tracks, and a drinking game for the word "Jesus!"
    Last edited by RedDragon7; 05-27-2013 at 09:27.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Blade -7.3/10- The blood shower in the club at the beginning of the film looked awesome in 1080p.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    I'm going to do a combo pack if you good folk don't mind.

Star Trek - 9/10

- I'm not a treky and don't know jack $#@! about Star Trek. I went with the homies and the family. Overall the movie was good. Tons of action and wild boy $#@!. I can dig it. Was a cool movie.

Fast and Furious 6 7.5/10

- Too over the top. We're talking about Street Racers from movie one turning into full fledged Driving soldiers who can take down Cartel type people. All-World Assassins/Soldiers. Flying off of bridges to save chickens. It was just too much. The cars weren't even the focus like previous movies. I wasn't diggin' it too tough. Was OK. I'll go see the next one of course, but you know...

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    One Hour Photo -8/10- Robin Williams is a real creepy dude in this at times.

Thread Information