Page 459 of 515 FirstFirst ... 449459469 ... LastLast
Results 11,451 to 11,475 of 12869
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    Frankly it's explained in the movie. Closing someone's Loop is sending their old self back in time for the Looper to kill. It's clean.

It's an endpoint in his timeline, it's not a loop. Does that technically change the rest of the film? Maybe, but time travel is the single hardest thing to write for. No one really knows how any of it would actually work. At that point, it's a matter of whether the movie is good enough to buy it.

There's only so many times when you can get black out drunk and wind up in some ridiculously crazy situation and not yell at the screen going "Seriously? A third time? Now it's your own damn fault."

EDIT: A Good Day To Die Hard

Grade A material for Riff Tracks, and a drinking game for the word "Jesus!"

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Fast 6: Well this is very hard to rate!! 6/10

Too much SCI-FI in this movie, things happen that don't even make sense. I think physics were broken in the movie!!

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Mynd I'm not sure you have it right.

When a looper closes their loop, their future self is killed. But the younger version remains alive until they reach that point in the future when they're sent back. It's why they're given a payout to live their life for that set amount of time doing whatever they want to do.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style

When a looper closes their loop, their future self is killed. But the younger version remains alive until they reach that point in the future when they're sent back. It's why they're given a payout to live their life for that set amount of time doing whatever they want to do.
    Thats correct yes. He was asking what happens to the 30 year older self of him in 30 years in the future. We all know what happens soon as he get sent back, he no longer exist in the future and now exists in the past. If he does not get "closed" he runs amuck in the present...which is what happened in the movie.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19

Then one they reach that point they disappear and cease to exist right? Lol I'm sorry in making a big deal out of this. Not meaning to be annoying I just want clarity is all.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    No problem at all bro. Just wish I knew how to explain it better. No one disappears because it's a natural end, but that time travel twist. It's like a mob hit, but instead of a hit man it's you killing yourself. That probably didn't clarify anything lol.

Umm... the only reason someone would disappear is if the unnatural would happen and the young version of someone is killed. That of course effects the timeline leading to the older version. Wipes it out in fact.

So long as it is the later version of someone getting killed or whatever no one disappears because the younger iteration catches to that point in time.

9. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    OK that will suffice lol.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Jack Reacher - 8/10

Crappy title and character name but the writing, directing, and editing is ace. The story structure isn't anything new but it takes an old concept and does it very well. Might be sleeper hit of the year.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Jack Reacher - 8/10

Crappy title and character name but the writing, directing, and editing is ace. The story structure isn't anything new but it takes an old concept and does it very well. Might be sleeper hit of the year.
    Yeah the title of that movie screamed cheesy to me. I do want to see it since Tom Cruise is in it though.

13. Likes RedDragon7 likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Orgazmo: 6/10

If you are a Trey Parker and Matt Stone South Park fan, you should watch this. If you liked the play, Book of Mormon, you should watch this, because it relates to that play a bit. This is before Basketball and in the same year the pilot for South Park came out. It's got one or two funny moments, but that's it. Basketball was much better, still, this attempts to teach lessons, but is ultimately lost in piss poor cinematography, editing and acting. The writing is meh, I think they're way better with television, though I wouldn't seeing another South Park movie. I think this decade needs another one for sure.

Red Dragon/Manhunter: 7.5/10 and 6.8/10

The reason I like Red Dragon more is because it has better acting from every character, minus Will Graham's, which was better in Manhunter, but everything else in Red Dragon is better, except for the twist ending. And the action sequence near the end of Manhunter was really awesome. I love the shot of him jumping through the window, followed with some classic rock that just enhances the tensity of the scene so much more. Michael Mann really has a knack for good action scenes. But alas, Red Dragon takes the cake because it's better. The irony is both scores on IMDB for these movies are literally the same. It's like a love/hate relationship for fans of Hannibal or anyone else for that matter.

Paradise Lost 2: 6/10

Regurgitates a lot of information from the first one, uses a little too much archive footage and focuses too much on that crazy hillbilly who is suspected of killing the kids. This is where we are introduced to the West Memphis Three being innocent, and not enough evidence found.

Paradise Lost 3: 7/10

A little better, still rehashes the first two docs, which is very annoying because it nearly last an hour, but this time, it's more of what was introduced in the previous one, that the WM3 are not guilty. We see eyewitness accounts, evidence and statements from people, a new suspect is blamed, Terry Hobbs. I'm starting to think he did it too. Then more of their impending release on the conidtion that they admit guilt, even though this time, there is 100% proof they didn't do it. Overall, this trilogy tries to see both sides of the story in the first one, then shifts blame to another person, and sides with WM3, but presents concrete evidence that they didn't do it. It makes you form your own opinion, because the docs combined look like a cold case study. You, the viewer, is the investigator.

West of Memphis: 5/10

It literally sums up all three of the docs. Adds some things about their lives after their release, some celeb opinions, which count for nothing because it's pretty much product placement and makes them look like hypocrites, which they are. It's worth watching if you haven't seen the first three docs. But I recommend the first three docs instead, as it is much more detailed and graphic. This one is a mere summary of events. Nothing special.

Behind Enemy Lines: 7/10

Yeah, Owen Wilson was a terrible choice for this, and his acting sucks, but it's a decent enough story and Gene Hackman makes it interesting to watch, because this was apparently his last film acting in. It's about the Bosnian-Serb war in the late 90's where NATO sent forces to peacekeep, but every Serb will say that NATO murdered. I'm half Serb and I think that's just horse$#@!. I like the various visual editing techniques used, they kinda became inspiration to some movies we saw past the first Y2K decade. It seems Hurt Locker borrowed the high frame rate slow mo shot this movie used. And it worked. But it worked better in this one. If you can get past Owen Wilson, it's a good popcorn movie.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Manhunter is some what of a hidden gem. Its hard to believe a movie like that was made in the 80's to be honest.

Is it just me are they trying to make Will Graham in the Hannibal TV series more inline with Petersen's look? The irony of the CSI link between Petersen/manhunter/Fishourne is delicious however.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Manhunter is some what of a hidden gem. Its hard to believe a movie like that was made in the 80's to be honest.

Is it just me are they trying to make Will Graham in the Hannibal TV series more inline with Petersen's look? The irony of the CSI link between Petersen/manhunter/Fishourne is delicious however.
    Yeah, I think the TV series is more of a nod to Manhunter's version of Graham, which is great, because that's the best one. Haven't seen CSI, but I guess so. Great TV show, I assume you're up to date with the episodes? I wonder if they'll continue the show with the Tooth Fairy murders.

Apprentice
    Compliance (2012) - 4.5/10

-This movie is based on true events and it happened in 70 cases. Now I don't want to give anything away so I'll just say that this movie is about a man who calls into a fast food joint claiming to be a cop. He tells the manager that he has someone there that accuses one of the cashiers of stealing money. What happens afterwards is just a constant face palming moment. It's not that the movie or actors were bad but that it being based on true events baffles me. Such sheer stupidity angered me. If you're interested, here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdONy...e_gdata_player

Enjoy!

Sent from my Nexus 4

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    I saw some actual footage of the real event, they had her doing naked jumping jacks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Yeah, I think the TV series is more of a nod to Manhunter's version of Graham, which is great, because that's the best one. Haven't seen CSI, but I guess so. Great TV show, I assume you're up to date with the episodes? I wonder if they'll continue the show with the Tooth Fairy murders.
    Watching episode 8 at the moment, interesting string instruments lol.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    I saw some actual footage of the real event, they had her doing naked jumping jacks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Ya that was in the movie among other things. I just shook my head at that point

Sent from my Nexus 4

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jhuff

Last Movie

I just saw Star Trek: Into Darkness this weekend. Really liked it- much more than I thought I would and I'm a fan of the old and new movies. I especially liked- without giving any spoilers, how they hooked it in with a certain one of the original cast movies. Very smart, I thought. Overall it was just a good, entertaining action movie. While I still think the original series and cast is better in some ways I'm enjoying the reboot as well.

I really can't wait to see Enders Game this holiday though. If they manage to make it HALF as good as the book, I'll be VERY happy. I've also heard that they're making at least one movie out of David Weber's Honor Harrington series. THAT I would really love to see. I hope it really happens!

All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Hangover 3: 7/10

I heard the reviews and it didn't meet my expectations either, but it was a little better than part 2, though the first will always be the best one in the trilogy. I thought by now that I would get tired of Zach's character and his comical style, but nope, he's still got it and new tricks up his sleeve. Of course I didn't expect some things either, which was nice. It's an ok ending, but not the best. He could have done it better.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Valkyrie 8.5/10- Tom Cruise as usual doesn't disappoint. Great movie.

The Chef 8/10
    Jean Reno didn't make a single bad movie in his entire career. Although it got only 6.5 on IMDb, this is a must-watch. Very relaxing and funny movie, highly recommended.

Horrible Bosses 7/10
    Yur standard dumb comedy centered around gross-out jokes and poor decision making, but it was really funny in several places. acting was decent given the material they had to work with

Superior Member
    The Dark Knight Returns Part 1: 8.5/10
    Really good movie. Kind of a different side of Batman that most of the movies he's in doesn't show. He's a vigilante who will do what he has to to get the job done and this shows this beautifully. The villain in this part isn't that great (seems like a play off another villain in the Batman universe but more brutal) and is the downside of the movie.

The Dark Knight Returns Part 2: 9.5/10
    This is probably my favorite animated superhero movie of all-time. The story is very good and really shows just how smart Bruce is. The villain in this one is a very well known villain and he is perfect for tone of this movie. The back and forth between Batman and him is great and the ending is amazing. Very good movie overall.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

27. Likes Itachi likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by TEJ2025 View Post
    The Dark Knight Returns Part 1: 8.5/10
    Really good movie. Kind of a different side of Batman that most of the movies he's in doesn't show. He's a vigilante who will do what he has to to get the job done and this shows this beautifully. The villain in this part isn't that great (seems like a play off another villain in the Batman universe but more brutal) and is the downside of the movie.

The Dark Knight Returns Part 2: 9.5/10
    This is probably my favorite animated superhero movie of all-time. The story is very good and really shows just how smart Bruce is. The villain in this one is a very well known villain and he is perfect for tone of this movie. The back and forth between Batman and him is great and the ending is amazing. Very good movie overall.
    Part 2 was so good

29. Likes TEJ2025 likes this post

Thread Information