Page 461 of 517 FirstFirst ... 451461471 ... LastLast
Results 11,501 to 11,525 of 12908
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    If that guy looked like Johnny Depp, I'm sure 99% of girls would. lol
    LOL. You're funny.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    THUGGEDOUT1
    Items LBP ColeLBP SephirothLBP KratosLBP HelgastLBP EzioLBP Cloud
    Man Of Steel -8.8/10-

"When I was 12, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew. I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage. I made the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I believe my sister ate. At least I hope she did."

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Dredd - 7/10

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Man of Steel

9/10

Would've been 10/10 except parts of the story were a little rushed, I think.

Some of the fight scenes were ... epic. The movie is worth seeing on the big screen for the fight scenes alone.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I want to see Man of Steel too!! I'm going on vacation and it's not released here yet!! it will be released on the same day i leave

Veteran
    (500) Days of Summer
    Rating: 9 out of 10 Stars

This was a great movie, and romantic movies aren't even my forte. It's about a guy who meets a woman, and he falls in love with her. Suddenly, she breaks up with him. The movie goes back through their relationship and also goes forward in time. You get to see his struggles and his heart break after losing her and whether or not he wins her back.

What I really loved about this movie is it's realistic love. This is how life is when it comes to love, not what we think love is supposed to be like. I'm not going to spoil anything, but when you get knocked down, you have to get back up.

Overall, I highly recommend this movie. Along with the romance, there's plenty of comedy as well. I recommend this movie for romantics and people who just like good movies. I would watch this movie more than once and yes this is a movie I would buy to own.

9 out of 10 Stars!

7. Likes RedDragon7 likes this post
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Man of Steel - 8/10

Some of the best fight sequences of any superhero movie. The power and exhilaration of these Kryptonians is visceral and captured very well. The story has come great emotional parts. However the beginning was a little flawed, and the movie borders on too much action but at least it was mostly satisfying. All in all a solid movie... it was nice to see Snyder refine his style from his previous disasters (sorry Snyder fans, just my opinion). Anyone on the fence, check it out. Worth it.

RIP Metropolis

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Supernova: 6.5/10

You know what, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I really enjoyed this poorly written movie. Yes, there are plot holes, and yes, a lot of the science doesn't sense, but it's an interesting concept for a film and it could have had SO MUCH potential to be really great, but it was ruined by the piss poor writing. The highlights were the soundtrack, which offered some amazing composition. James Spader low-key acting was superb and the special effects and the production design were top notch. Even the warp FTL sequences were really cool and felt like they were done right. It's such a shame that it was poorly written. Also, the trailer for it makes it look like a campy comedy sci-fi movie. I mean, you're gonna put Sugar Ray in your trailer for this?! LOL

Sunshine: 8/10

Now here's a decent sci-fi flick that seems a lot more plausible and realistic. The sun is dying, and a team of astronauts aboard the Icarus 2 are planning to nuke it so that it can revive it back to normal mass. What I loved about this film the most was that Event Horizon should have been written like this. This is what Event Horizon should have been. And don't get me wrong, I love that movie, despite the hate towards it, but Sunshine got it done right. It added a slasher element to it, and it was more subtle than EvHorizon. Also, this may be Chris Evans best acting. A great attempt at sci-fi, Danny Boyle.

Man of Steel: 9/10

Ahh what a fun ride this was! I'm actually a Superman hater because of his silly moral code on killing, but this movie appealed even to me in regards to that. It was the right thing to do. Also, I think Zack Synder hugely reedemed himself for Sucker Punch with this. There is no slow-mo in this whatsoever, and nothing that looks over the top. Well there is, but it's ok because it's done in the name of action cinema. And this is still the same Superman we know, we a few tiny alternations that seem to have the critics on a hate-frenzy towards it. Even the RT score is bad for this, yet the audience LOVES it. It's gonna be a cult classic. The action in this makes The Avengers seem like a skirmish. You will not wanna miss out on this movie if you like action. I just love the part with Foara fighting Superman. They really nailed down the powers of these villains. That being said, I still like the Donner version of General Zod, but these both have merit and they are both different in their own respective ways. Even Amy Adams was terrific as Lois Lane, and she is very gorgeous. Highly recommended for viewing.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Sunshine: 8/10

Now here's a decent sci-fi flick that seems a lot more plausible and realistic. The sun is dying, and a team of astronauts aboard the Icarus 2 are planning to nuke it so that it can revive it back to normal mass. What I loved about this film the most was that Event Horizon should have been written like this. This is what Event Horizon should have been. And don't get me wrong, I love that movie, despite the hate towards it, but Sunshine got it done right. It added a slasher element to it, and it was more subtle than EvHorizon. Also, this may be Chris Evans best acting. A great attempt at sci-fi, Danny Boyle.
    Was not a fan of the slasher element. The whole story up to that point was built on logic and reasoning as a scientific expedition should be. Then some crazy/supernatural/religious freak came out. Although I enjoyed the aesthetic they shot him with, plot wise it sank.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    28 Days Later 8.5/10 I remember watching this back when it came out and didn't like it. Now it is a great movie. Amazing how your taste changes with age. Although I will say more emotionally involved that the sequel, I still think 28 Weeks is a better movie to watch. Still to this day 28 Weeks Later is my favorite zombie movie.Well I say Shaun of the Dead is my favorite but very close second. But that movie wouldn't have come about had this movie built the foundation for it!

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Veteran
    28 Days Later gave me nightmares!

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    This Is The End - 9/10

Omg too funny.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items DoomVita
    Man of Steel, freaking EPIC!!

The King has Returned

Superior Member
    Man of Steel 9/10
    Good god is there Action in this movie. It's non-stop for about 90% of the movie. This is the type of Superman that I've been waiting for. He's a super powerful being and seeing him and his other Kryptonians is just amazing. The fighting sequences in IMAX are amazing to witness and the only reason you need to see this movie.
    It's funny that in this day in age people can steal as long as they have a reason too. Even if that reason is created by the thieves themselves.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    In an unprecedented turn of events, Man of steel was released today here!!

Man of Steel : 8.5/10

The action scenes were really top notch and very well done. This could be one of the best movies for me this year.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Man of Steel - 8/10

Fight scenes were awesome. Bit everything else were kinda disappointing.

ADMiNiSTRaToR

Rate The Last Movie You've Seen

Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    Man of Steel - 8/10

Fight scenes were awesome. Bit everything else were kinda disappointing.
    I thought it could've used more character development, but I think they were relying on the fact that everyone knows damn near everything about the characters already, which is why they did it the way they did. They could've still done it better, though. And Lois Lane still gets herself into immensely retarded and unnecessary situations, just like always. :P
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    I thought it could've used more character development, but I think they were relying on the fact that everyone knows damn near everything about the characters already, which is why they did it the way they did. They could've still done it better, though. And Lois Lane still gets herself into immensely retarded and unnecessary situations, just like always. :P
    Agreed!

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    This is the End: 10/10 $#@!s n giggles

Almost literally shat my pants laughing. No, seriously. I thought Superbad, Step Brothers, Hot Fuzz and The Hangover were the funniest movies up until now, but this is quite possibly the funniest comedy movie ever made! The acting is clearly the best because of the amazing chemistry these actors have with one another. And the best part is, is that they're playing themselves and they each have a backstory that just adds to the hilarious tension and dramatic situations they get caught in this movie. HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION. Day one blu-ray for sure. Guaranteed cult classic.

Last edited by Lebowski; 06-17-2013 at 07:53.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    Don't mean to go off the point set out in the thread title, but I'm currently listening to the 'Man of Steel' soundtrack and most of it sounds epic/fast-paced already, so I'm believing that there's a lot of action in it.

Going to see it next Monday. Really looking forward to it.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Quote Originally Posted by Molo316 View Post
    Don't mean to go off the point set out in the thread title, but I'm currently listening to the 'Man of Steel' soundtrack and most of it sounds epic/fast-paced already, so I'm believing that there's a lot of action in it.

Going to see it next Monday. Really looking forward to it.
    Oh there is, bordering on too much. But I still think there's good moments to give Clark's story some depth and meaning.

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    Oh there is, bordering on too much. But I still think there's good moments to give Clark's story some depth and meaning.
    I happily welcomed all the action after the complete lack of action in the failed Supernan Returns. The only thing he fought was an island. :/

25. Likes Kwes , Lebowski , RedDragon7 likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    Man of Steel-10/10

I really enjoyed this movie. While most say that the characters weren't done as well as they could have been, I thought everyone was great, to be honest, I wasn't really that bothered on how Lois Lane was done, in my eyes she is not in the spot light. lol

It was the best superman movie, totally thought that Micheal Shannon did a great job with Zod, some didn't think so, but I thought it was great, superman was awesome, Jor-El was awesome. They really showed just how fast a kryptonian can move on Earth. Zod's second in command was practically teleporting around. The action was intense and satisfying, Metropolis suffered easily a trillion dollars in damage, and the ending was amazing. It helped show just how far Superman could be pushed before breaking.

Definitely a must watch. I'm thinking of watching it again.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    I saw 3 movies! And they were
    Now You See Me - 10/10
    Fast and Furious 6 - 9.7/10
    Oblivion - 9.3/10

All movies were great. Although Now You See Me is by far the greatest movie of the year!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Special thanks to zzKurozz for the Signature and Avatar!
    Prodigy - A young one, endowed with exceptional abilities.
    Currently Playing: CoD:AW / Destiny / AC: Unity / Driveclub / BF4
    Waiting For: the Crew / GTA V (PS4) / Far Cry 4

Battlefield WolfPack: Co-Leader / Battlefield Alpha Pack: Co-Leader

Thread Information