Latest PSU headlines:

Page 465 of 502 FirstFirst ... 455465475 ... LastLast
Results 11,601 to 11,625 of 12526
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Don't be ashamed I like the movie too lol.
    always got my back Kuro lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

2. Likes Kuro likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Lol no prob man i just seen this movie so many times when I watch my niece.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Supreme Veteran

The Conformist 10/10

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Silver Linings Playbook 8.5/10 It's a romantic comedy for the most part but it's actually pretty damn funny. Not to mention some amazing acting in it from most of the cast even Chris Tucker.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

PSU Editor, Writer, Idolmaster
    PSN ID
    LazerBlader
    PACIFIC RIM

Last night, I caught an advance screening of Pacific Rim (releases July 12). Underwhelming, boring, and not very original. Poorly written & acted, bad pacing, & void of emotion or substance. Also, I understand that Pacific Rimís action moves slow to convey the huge scale, but the result is uninteresting. Itís like constant slo-mo!

If Pacific Rim was a mecha anime, itíd be a mediocre, forgettable one at best. Itís very early mecha anime-like - think one from the 50s/60s. Honestly, a few of my friends & I instantly started naming off other works, like Evangelion, that it ripped off immediately after. I could excuse borrowing elements from other works if it had an interesting execution or take on it all.

The more I think about it, Pacific Rim is a Syfy channel movie with a bloated budget. Rent it. The 3D isnít good as it was post-processed. This is easily one of Guillermo del Toroís worst films. Lastly, I though Charlie Day was pretty funny but underused.

To all you who need a number score: itís no higher than a 3 out of 5.

PlayStation Universe Editor & Writer
    411Mania.com Film Critic
    私は日本語が話せます。
    Follow me on Twitter @ErnstyLin

ADMINISTRATOR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style

Rate The Last Movie You've Seen

The Lone Ranger 8.5/10

Was really enjoyable, especially when they played the theme song from the original series. I grew up watching this as a kid, so I had a blast. Johnny Depp was enjoyable as always.

Critics are effing stupid and need to find new jobs. I think this scored a 22% on Rotten Tomatoes. I've lost all respect for RT. Just a bunch of dried up old codgers with nothing better to do. Can you imagine going to the movies with one of these people? Yeesh. Buzzkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernsty View Post
    PACIFIC RIM

Last night, I caught an advance screening of Pacific Rim (releases July 12). Underwhelming, boring, and not very original. Poorly written & acted, bad pacing, & void of emotion or substance. Also, I understand that Pacific Rimís action moves slow to convey the huge scale, but the result is uninteresting. Itís like constant slo-mo!

If Pacific Rim was a mecha anime, itíd be a mediocre, forgettable one at best. Itís very early mecha anime-like - think one from the 50s/60s. Honestly, a few of my friends & I instantly started naming off other works, like Evangelion, that it ripped off immediately after. I could excuse borrowing elements from other works if it had an interesting execution or take on it all.

The more I think about it, Pacific Rim is a Syfy channel movie with a bloated budget. Rent it. The 3D isnít good as it was post-processed. This is easily one of Guillermo del Toroís worst films. Lastly, I though Charlie Day was pretty funny but underused.

To all you who need a number score: itís no higher than a 3 out of 5.
    Well that's disappointing to hear.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.Ē

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    The Lone Ranger 8.5/10

Was really enjoyable, especially when they played the theme song from the original series. I grew up watching this as a kid, so I had a blast. Johnny Depp was enjoyable as always.

Critics are effing stupid and need to find new jobs. I think this scored a 22% on Rotten Tomatoes. I've lost all respect for RT. Just a bunch of dried up old codgers with nothing better to do. Can you imagine going to the movies with one of these people? Yeesh. Buzzkill.

nice I'm thinking about going to see that too. I like depp he's pretty funny. rotten tomatoes. DRIED rotten tomatoes to hear u talk lol. omfg that was corny as hell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    The Lone Ranger 8.5/10

I Learned not to trust RT. some of the **** that gets high scores on there is mind boggling. Not to mention critics are completely out of touch to what the already person will see in a movie. About 70% of those critically acclaimed movie are blah to me. They look for set pieces that make a movie good by critic standards. If they don't have that they trash it. Not saying that every movie deserves better but they are unnecessarily harsh on many movies.

Elite Member
    I'm so hyped for Pacific Rim. You don't see too many kaiju films these days and if anyone can revive the genre, it's Guillermo del Toro.

Tapatalking from my bed. Ya mutha says hi.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Veteran
    Jay and Silent Bob - 6/10

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Tower Heist - 6/10

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    PPsshh, I love me some Disney. I want to watch something, but don't know what yet :'(

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain

10/10

That **** is straight up hilarious! Just too ****in' funny. You gotta go see that with people.

$Greatness$ Awaitsô

15. Likes TEJ2025 likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Baraka: 10/10

From the same director of Samsara. I finally had a chance to watch this in HD. Unreal. It's so amazing, so spirtual and on a whole nother level all together. The no words approach works so well because the cinematography is perfect. The score engages you with the imagery too. I cannot recommend this enough. My only regret is not seeing it in 70mm. Apparently this was scanned at 8K resolution. WOW.

And just to further stress how amazing this film is, here is one of the scenes that I found very beautiful.

This one and Samsara are one of those films that you can show to people centuries..hell, millenniums into the future and they will appreciate it. If there are aliens in the universe, they can benefit from watching this. They might find us primitive, but this is culture.

Ok, here's another scene that is just amazing with the chants.

My two favourite scenes in this.

ADMINISTRATOR
    Despicable Me 2

8/10

I laughed... a lot. Worth an 8 just for that. I'm a kid at heart though, so whatever.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.Ē

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Django Unchained - 8/10

Very good movie. As always, Tarantino knows how to write tense, interesting scenes. Christoph, Leo, and Samuel L were great in this. I didn't really like Jamie Foxx's performance though. He spoke too softly, yet everyone still heard him. Didn't make sense.

ADMINISTRATOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Django Unchained - 8/10

Very good movie. As always, Tarantino knows how to write tense, interesting scenes. Christoph, Leo, and Samuel L were great in this. I didn't really like Jamie Foxx's performance though. He spoke too softly, yet everyone still heard him. Didn't make sense.
    I don't like that Jamie Foxx always acts like... Jamie Foxx.

20. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    I don't like that Jamie Foxx always acts like... Jamie Foxx.
    Lol so true.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Baraka: 10/10

From the same director of Samsara. I finally had a chance to watch this in HD. Unreal. It's so amazing, so spirtual and on a whole nother level all together. The no words approach works so well because the cinematography is perfect. The score engages you with the imagery too. I cannot recommend this enough. My only regret is not seeing it in 70mm. Apparently this was scanned at 8K resolution. WOW.

And just to further stress how amazing this film is, here is one of the scenes that I found very beautiful.

This one and Samsara are one of those films that you can show to people centuries..hell, millenniums into the future and they will appreciate it. If there are aliens in the universe, they can benefit from watching this. They might find us primitive, but this is culture.

Ok, here's another scene that is just amazing with the chants.

My two favourite scenes in this.
    Lame-ass movie. There was surprisingly little blood given that it's a Mortal Kombat spin-off, and Baraka wasn't even IN the movie.

23. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    You are such a clever troll, TRF.

i c wat u did thurr

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    You are such a clever troll, TRF.

i c wat u did thurr
    Don't hate me cuz you ain't me.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Don't hate me cuz you ain't me.

Snap your fingers in a Z formation.

ADMINISTRATOR
    Quote Originally Posted by dredaydetox View Post
    snap your fingers in a z formation.
    Oh no he dih-int!

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Oh no he dih-int!
    I would say something but it's not politically correct and I don't wanna get modded but y'all can imply. ____DAR IS GOING CRAZY

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Side Effects 8.5/10- Loved the cast. Not to mention the plot was great. I wish Jude Law was in more movies. One of my all time favorites.

Thread Information