Page 476 of 520 FirstFirst ... 466476486 ... LastLast
Results 11,876 to 11,900 of 12977
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Trance: 7.5/10

The one thing Trance is good as is Danny Boyle writing characters. You root for this guy and gal and it does a complete 180 on you in the end. I liked that most. What I didn't like was the trance within trance within another trance. It got confusing and if they didn't explain it in a sequence, I would have had to watch it again or it would be full of plot holes. And there are still some, but I like how things were revealed in the end. Makes you switch teams. Well done, Danny Boyle. Worth a looksie for sure.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    Did it follow the story of kick ass 2 comic cause at the end

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Nope.

reaper of souls
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Dredd 8/10

such a good action film, watched this in the cinema when it came out and it was brilliant, finally bought it on dvd recently and it was totally worth the 8 I spent on it. I do enjoy the original as I'm a softy for the old and somewhat cheesy action films, but the new version is great.

4. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Evil Dead 2 (on blu-ray). This is probably the best remake I've seen of a film. A compromise that turned out really good, IMO. My personal favourite among the Evil Dead films. Just as the first one, this one also looks and sounds the best I've seen and heard so far on this blu-ray edition (the UK trilogy box). (a strong) 8/10

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I hated Evil Dead 1 and 2. Maybe I didn't grow up in that generation, but I watch them earlier this year for the first time and I hated them. Army of Darkness, I liked a lot.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Olympus has Fallen 8/10
    Very enjoyable but falls prey to the tropes of action films in some scenes where everyone gets shot and somehow the protagonist doesn't

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    imINxile
    Oblivion 5/10

Predictable, a little slow at times, not a fan of Tom Cruise and the alien reveal left a lot to be desired. The idea was there but the movie left me wanting more.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say I hated Evil Dead 1 and 2. Maybe I didn't grow up in that generation, but I watch them earlier this year for the first time and I hated them. Army of Darkness, I liked a lot.
    Yes, that might make a difference if you like the films or not, but mainly I think it's all about taste. I grew up with these films, sort of, I watched them (the first two) for the first time in the early 90's I think. I was only 6 when the first film came out and 12 when the second one was released, a bit young to watch these films maybe. I think I was around 15 years old when I watched them for the first time. The second one might be my favourite because it was the first one I watched in the series. And I like the way they mix horror and comedy. The first one was a little bit more towards horror and the third one leaned more toward comedy. But I like them all almost equally, it's safe to say I'm a big fan of these films and Bruce Campbell.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Evil Dead 3: Army of Darkness (on blu-ray). It's a shame that it is some shorter version (only 81 minutes) of the film that came with the trilogy box (UK). I would've prefered if they had included the director's cut of the film. They kind of did, as extras, in SD that was very low quality. This short version of the film isn't quite as good as the longer version I've seen earlier. But the picture and sound quality was quite good at least. This version gets 6 out of 10 (a strong 7 out 10 for the director's cut).

PSN ID
    scogg34
    Saw Kick Ass 2 yesterday. Pretty good movie. Not as over the top as Kick Ass, as I was prepared for some of it. Cafeteria scene was awesome. I give it a 7/10.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Oblivion 8/10- It was pretty predictable but a good sci-fi movie overall.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Sharknado...lovely stuff...$#@!in ridiculous.. 8/10

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    RED 2: 8/10

The movie is a lot better than the first one in my opinion.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Man of Steel
    8/10
    Way better than I expected, still a lot of problems and gripes I had with it

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    The Third Cornetto aka The World's End: 8/10

I'll start out with the bad. I felt like it didn't have as many of the funny moments as the first two had and it ended big, but big enough. But the ending was awesome.

The World's End is a tale of friendship. Five friends share a reunion headed by Simon Pegg's character that re-unites their teenage days together in one drinking binge called the Golden Mile. It's like a tour de force and a tour de France where they will try to drink at 12 pubs in one night because they never finished it the last time.

And then $#@! hits the fan. I won't spoil it because the trailers did a good job of not revealing too much information. The title certainly suggests what's going to happen, but there are a lot more surprises in store for you. And there are laughs and serious moments where I think Nick Frost deserves an Oscar.

However, the audience in my theatre was mostly stupid and clueless at the humour. It wasn't like it was subtle or so British that people from the UK would laugh. There were a few, true Edgar Wright fans in the theatre, but the rest were clueless morons. I'm sorry it doesn't have $#@!ing Seth Rogen in it. Idiots.

But it's definitely an awesome film. And it concludes with a story of friendship, that no matter who you are or what you do; friendship and living free to do what you want is the ultimate way to live life. And all these films have been about friendship. Each ending is about friendship. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost with the genius Edgar Wright are an unstoppable force in film. I hope they're in more films together. They are truly a wonderful on-screen couple, and it shows because in real life, they are actually best friends, just like in the movies.

Definitely do miss this.

And here's my ranking of the three Cornettos

Hot Fuzz 10/10
    Shaun of the Dead 9.5/10
    The World's End 8/10

Oh and the soundtrack is kick ass.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Kickass 2 - 7/10

My friend and I went to see this last night and we were the only people in the theater lol. Guess this movie isn't doing too well.

I thought it was very enjoyable though. Good humor, good action, decent story. Some of the emotional scenes feel forced however.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Now You See Me 8.5/10
    Really fun. I love magic movies, though I felt one thing should have been more explained

reaper of souls
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Kickass 2 - 7/10

My friend and I went to see this last night and we were the only people in the theater lol. Guess this movie isn't doing too well.

I thought it was very enjoyable though. Good humor, good action, decent story. Some of the emotional scenes feel forced however.
    I watched it for the second time in the cinema today and it was pretty full in the screen!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Watched Rise of the Zombies (on blu-ray) yesterday. It's a mix of good and bad that ends up being quite ok in the end. 6/10

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    The World's End

Enjoyable film from Wright/Pegg/Frost (of course). Great humor and acting, but the story might have impressed me more if I hadn't just watched the similarly-themed zombie flick "Doghouse". Still a lot of good moments in it.

7/10

Kick-Ass 2

A very good sequel to a movie I loved. The more serious touches reminded me negatively of the first graphic novel, but the rest of the film was pretty spot-on. I liked it better than "The World's End" but not as much as the original "Kick-Ass" but better than "Hot Fuzz" but not as much as "Shaun Of The Dead".

8/10

Shut up and play games

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Equinoqs View Post
    The World's End

Enjoyable film from Wright/Pegg/Frost (of course). Great humor and acting, but the story might have impressed me more if I hadn't just watched the similarly-themed zombie flick "Doghouse". Still a lot of good moments in it.

7/10

Kick-Ass 2

A very good sequel to a movie I loved. The more serious touches reminded me negatively of the first graphic novel, but the rest of the film was pretty spot-on. I liked it better than "The World's End" but not as much as the original "Kick-Ass" but better than "Hot Fuzz" but not as much as "Shaun Of The Dead".

8/10
    I enjoyed Doghouse. Thought it was pretty funny.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Sin City: 7.5/10

I just watched this movie again since its release. That's a long time. I still like it. However, the amount of CGI backgrounds and action sequences is very noticeable and it's bad CGI. I do love the art style though, having selective colouring of characters or props in the scenes. That's that made this movie a new thing for filmmaking, but Robert Rodriguez love of digital is ever present in this movie, which kind of turns me off.

What I do love is the dialogue. I haven't read the book, but it truly feels like a comic book. Zack Synder definitely got inspired to make 300 because of this. And Watchmen. The noir feel adds a nice touch to the visuals. And so do the characters. The most awesome character being played by Mickey Rourke.

Worth a watch if you haven't seen it. And definitely skip out The Spirit. It tried so hard to be like Sin City but utterly failed to poor writing and poor CGI. I wish I never payed money to see that garbage. Though it was kinda funny to see Sam L Jackson in a Nazi suit.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Hansel and Gretel 8/10- I don't know why this movie received so much hate! It was gory and action packed. I loved it. Not to mention Gemma Arterton was in it sexying up the place.

Sent from Galaxy S4 on Tapatalk 4 beta.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Hansel and Gretel 8/10- I don't know why this movie received so much hate! It was gory and action packed. I loved it. Not to mention Gemma Arterton was in it sexying up the place.

Sent from Galaxy S4 on Tapatalk 4 beta.
    I agree I thought it was really good

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Solomon Kane 7/10- Pretty good movie. James Purefoy did a solid job.

Thread Information