Page 482 of 514 FirstFirst ... 472482492 ... LastLast
Results 12,026 to 12,050 of 12847
    Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Kevin Bacon is awesome!

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

2. Likes HellsJester likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    His last name alone has given him Internet fame. Bacon my macon, $#@!. The six degrees of kevin bacon.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    The Lone Ranger 8.5/10

Hilarious writing, Depp killed it as usual, all around I'm glad I watched this rather than complete my 4 assignments and 2 midterms

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Hard-Boiled - 4/5. Classic Hong Kong action.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    The Internship

7.5/10

I laughed... that's all I was expecting to do.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Oldboy - 4/5. Enjoyed it a lot despite having an inkling that I had heard the twist previously, kinda' was a niggle throughout the film that detracted from it slightly - that's a fault on my part though, of course. Have no idea how Spike Lee's goin' to remake it.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    Oldboy - 4/5. Enjoyed it a lot despite having an inkling that I had heard the twist previously, kinda' was a niggle throughout the film that detracted from it slightly - that's a fault on my part though, of course.

Have no idea how Spike Lee's goin' to remake it.
    He's going to remake it by ruining it.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

9. Likes DINAMO788 likes this post
    PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Quote Originally Posted by PBM View Post

Definitely, the memorable set pieces wouldn't translate well Western-wise and thus will most likely be omitted. If they try and tone it down further it'll be effectively ruined as the psychological impact hinges on those sort of things throughout.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Spike Lee is an asshole, that's all I have to say. There is NO NEED for a remake. The original was well received worldwide by all audiences. A lot of people saw it, it's not like some movie that died into obscurity.

How much you wanna bet Spike Lee makes this movie about racism, or some form of racial injustice done to a black character by a white man? $#@! that guy. He has some really good movies, but $#@! that guy and $#@!ty personality.

/butthurt

12. Likes DINAMO788 likes this post
    PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Well, obviously Josh Brolin's playin' Oh Dae-su; the racial point will definitely hinge on whether Samuel L. Jackson plays the Loo Woo-jin character or Park, the prison manager. Either way there'll be conflicts with both that'll probably involve some sort of racial under/overtone.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Never liked Kevin Bacon as an actor.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Escape Plan: 7.5/10

It's a must see for any action fan or any Arnie and Stallone aficionado. It's basically Demolition meets Commando meets Shawshank Redemption. It's a mix of awesome, cheese and kick ass action in one combo. The best moments are the one liners and an extreme close up on Arnie's face glaring slowly at the bad guys, before he unleashes the wrath on their ass. And of course, the editor had fun with this too, using those cheesy screen wipe effects to transition to another sequence or act in the story. I counted eight of them. And I gotta say, Arnie kinda killed it one scene. It was perfect. And I've always wanted a movie strictly with Stallone and Arnie sharing a $#@!laod of screen time together since I was a kid in the 90's. Everyone wanted these two action stars to be on-screen. Expendables happened, but the both of them are not on screen enough. This movie is a dream come true.

Go see this movie, if you call yourself a man.

17. Likes Shockwave likes this post
    PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Knew from the advert it'd be the bomb. I'll be seein' it soon.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Escape Plan: 7.5/10

It's a must see for any action fan or any Arnie and Stallone aficionado. It's basically Demolition meets Commando meets Shawshank Redemption. It's a mix of awesome, cheese and kick ass action in one combo. The best moments are the one liners and an extreme close up on Arnie's face glaring slowly at the bad guys, before he unleashes the wrath on their ass. And of course, the editor had fun with this too, using those cheesy screen wipe effects to transition to another sequence or act in the story. I counted eight of them. And I gotta say, Arnie kinda killed it one scene. It was perfect. And I've always wanted a movie strictly with Stallone and Arnie sharing a $#@!laod of screen time together since I was a kid in the 90's. Everyone wanted these two action stars to be on-screen. Expendables happened, but the both of them are not on screen enough. This movie is a dream come true.

Go see this movie, if you call yourself a man.
    I like cheese and awesome cheese sounds even nicer.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Bad Grandpa - 7/10

This is basically Borat, but instead of having social commentary it just tries to be funny, and it's definitely quite funny. Both Knoxville and the little boy will make you laugh and they have good chemistry.

21. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Scanner Darkly,

10/10... Genius style of film and the story is so cool... The actors play great rolls
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome

For sure. I'm sad that movie is going to be brought to a new low. One of my all time favorites.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    The Conjuring: 6/10

I thought this movie was supposed to be scary. There's like one tense moment in it that was pretty neat, and Patrick Wilson with the beautiful Vera Farmiga did a great acting job. But, the movie is just another ghost/paranormal story that's apparently based on true events. Yeah. Call me when you guys actually make a live action movie with a real depiction of a demon or a real depiction of Hell. So far, only Constantine has done this and I love it for that.

Bad Grandpa: 8/10

If you have any doubts, you can rest assured, this is worth the ticket admission. I went on a Tuesday when it was half price tickets. But it deserved the full price. I laughed nearly every minute of this movie. Yeah, it's like the American version of Borat, which people will kinda call out, but you have to remember, this character was written around the same time Ali G wrote Borat for his show, if not, even before Borat.

It's got a lot of laughs and the reactions are the best because he uses props to make the people he's around laugh. I love it. Worth a watch for sure.

Apprentice
    Thor: The Dark World - 8/10

Enjoyed it quite a bit

Just for reference:

~Special thanks to Kwesnoth for making my Sig & Avy~

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Road to Peridition 8/10

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Administrator
    ^ ^

Sad movie.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    ^ ^

Sad movie.
    Very. That scene had my stomach turning.

Administrator
    Ender's Game 6/10

I read this book as a kid and it's been one of my favorite books ever since. The movie was severely lacking in story, depth, directing, script, character development, etc. It felt like they were rushing the whole movie along just to get to the end. They left out gigantic plot points and about 80% of the story was missing... including pertinent information regarding the protagonist's siblings (who had about 5 minutes of screen time, despite being part of roughly half the book). The only focus they seemed to have when making this film was the special effects... which were pretty damn awesome... and I saw this in IMAX so the special effects were definitely a treat. Everything else though was half-assed and rushed and just felt horribly put together all over the place. You don't know why the protagonist does what he's doing... you don't know how he got to where he was going... you honestly have no clue what's going on with anything unless you had read the book first.

This movie needed different screenwriters... a different director... and this movie also badly needed narration. If they added another 30 minutes to the film and had the protagonist narrate most of the film you would understand the characters a lot more (and you know... not leaving out most of the story and butchering the story of existing characters). They tried to do visually what they should have done with narrative. For instance:

They left all meaningful messages regarding humanity out of the film and you honestly couldn't give a $#@! less what happened to anyone... despite many of the characters having each of their own deep layers of humanity and struggle. You don't feel anything for anyone... because you don't understand why any of them are doing anything.

I was very disappointed with this film... more than most book to screen adaptations... and it was butchered horribly and cut off way too short. I could've pulled a better screenplay out of my ass... and I honestly don't know how some of these screenwriters get work. This movie made me honestly feel like I could be a successful movie director. That's how poorly put together this movie is.

/rant

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Someone's a little pissed.

Ender's Game 7.5/10

Movie was done well enough. I read basically the cliff notes to bridge of gap not knowing anything about the book. I enjoyed the theme and edge that played out. It had to be hard on how to make this movie profitable... as it's not really for kids but adults would be turned off by children as the leads. Actors did well, the direction is good, and the script is pretty solid. It probably couldn't been better, but in light of recent sci-fi adaptations, this is good all things considered.

Thread Information