Latest PSU headlines:

Page 484 of 501 FirstFirst ... 474484494 ... LastLast
Results 12,076 to 12,100 of 12515
    Peaceful Warrior
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    I do have a hard time understanding your opinion in terms of you think the movie was terribly done, at very least you think the screenplay is terrible... yet you enjoyed the movie "for what it was"? So you don't hate the movie but you think it's elements are atrocious...?

As for the cave scene... what you said is almost exactly what I got without reading the book. I don't think the lines spoken in the boat scene were lame or cheesy but I would agree they had maybe less weight than they could have. And for me out of all the movie, the CGI would be the average thing.

Maybe if I had read the book I would agree with you more; I think you are close to the book and so the adaptation hit rock bottom. John Carter for me was a very average sci-fi film adaptation.
    The lake scene was pretty much nothing like it was in the book. The lake scene was there because of the story of his other siblings... which was non-existent in the movie... so they just made up the dialogue for that entire scene... which was painful and forced.

Regarding your other comment, what I meant was... ignoring the book entirely... the film itself was okay... but because I read the book... the movie made me cringe. But I can see that it's a decent sci-fi flick if I ignore my book bias. That's all I meant. I could tell early on it was going to be nothing like the book... so I had to shove my bias down hard so I could enjoy the movie... but after it was done... I was quite disappointed. I'll just continue enjoying the books. I know it's a rare thing for movies to be even remotely as good as the books... so I'm not surprised.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

2. Likes RedDragon7 wishes they had posted this first.
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Dirty Harry: 8.5/10

I just saw this bad boy for the first time earlier tonight. Oh man, this was such a fun film to watch. Clint Eastwood totally kills it as this vigilante cop out for justice, his own, dirty way. I loved every minute of this film and even though it had some questionable acting from the Scorpio Killer, it was ****ing fantastic the rest of the way through. There's one awesome shot of the Dirty Harry on the bridge, standing, waiting for the bus to pass and him jump on it. I now see why this set a new standard for action movies. And to this day, Clint Eastwood is still a humble guy. I respect Clint Eastwood even more now that I've seen this movie. I can't believe I passed this up so many times. I felt lucky tonight and it's one of my best blind blu-ray purchases ever.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post

good, I'm glad fanboys are pissed

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Snitch 7.5/10

I really liked this movie, apparently based on true events. The Rock was really good at the acting in this. You really felt his character and the chemistry he has with his son is great too. Barry Pepper was awesome too, love the goatee. And the best part is that it's set up as a drama, but near the end, it turns into a kick ass action film. Well worth a watch.

Peaceful Warrior
    Thor: The Dark World

9/10

I thoroughly enjoyed this one.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim

7.5/10

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Thor 2: 7.8/10

Thor rides the lightning again and kicks so much more ass than in the first one. In fact, there is more happening in 10 minutes than in 50 minutes of the first one. I liked it. Portman is hot as usual and some of the CGI feels poor this time around, even more so than in the first one. I feel like they dumbed it down a bit, especially when the camera cranes up. In the first, Asgard looked so beautiful, in this one, it feels like plastic and motion blur during any crane or tracking shots. However the highlights for me was the direction, as it kinda felt like a Game of Thrones episode. Tom Hiddleston steals the show quite a few times. He's a really great villain and a master of deception. Whoever edited and wrote this really used his true potential and the way it was edited it made some moments feel very unexpected, which I really liked. Although, there is a plot hole.

Lastly, stay after the credits. Nit just the main credits, but even the credits after the bonus scene. There are two bonus scenes in this. It's awesome and one of them leads up to a Marvel Phase Two movie. Also, we get a nice surprise cameo in the movie. But I won't tell you who

Peaceful Warrior
    Lastly, stay after the credits. Nit just the main credits, but even the credits after the bonus scene. There are two bonus scenes in this. It's awesome and one of them leads up to a Marvel Phase Two movie. Also, we get a nice surprise cameo in the movie. But I won't tell you who
    Well crap... lol. I only caught the first bonus scene.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by PBM View Post

9/10

I thoroughly enjoyed this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post

7.5/10
    Thor 2: 7.8/10

Thor rides the lightning again and kicks so much more ass than in the first one. In fact, there is more happening in 10 minutes than in 50 minutes of the first one. I liked it. Portman is hot as usual and some of the CGI feels poor this time around, even more so than in the first one. I feel like they dumbed it down a bit, especially when the camera cranes up. In the first, Asgard looked so beautiful, in this one, it feels like plastic and motion blur during any crane or tracking shots. However the highlights for me was the direction, as it kinda felt like a Game of Thrones episode. Tom Hiddleston steals the show quite a few times. He's a really great villain and a master of deception. Whoever edited and wrote this really used his true potential and the way it was edited it made some moments feel very unexpected, which I really liked. Although, there is a plot hole.

Why wasn't I invited to this Thor party??? :'(

Quote Originally Posted by PBM View Post
    Well crap... lol. I only caught the first bonus scene.
    I'm tiring of bonus scenes now. It was quite a nice idea at first, but now they're just always there... it's annoying.... somehow.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Only God Forgives 6/10- A good movie over all but a bit obscure. Not to mention the ending was horrid.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    The lone ranger 4/10: the lone ranger was a ridiculously naive character for the majority of the film to the point where he refused to take a weapon while going with a posse to hunt dangerous criminals. I don't really care for characters like that but I did find Tonto much more interesting although I didn't like his narration of the story with the boy. The action scenes were just okay.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Gravity - 10/10

No film is perfect, but sci-fi and space genres haven't seen a film this good in over a decade.

http://chrisvanloon.tumblr.com/post/...ong-everything - for anyone inclined for a discussion on the movie.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Thor: The Dark World - 8/10

This was better than I expected. Plenty of badass moments and some great humor. Loki steals the show, since he's an unpredictable character. However, the main weakness in this film is the forgettable main villain.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Only God Forgives 6/10- A good movie over all but a bit obscure. Not to mention the ending was horrid.
    I gave it same type of score about two months ago. Aesthetically it's beautiful and if you're an analytical film buff you can derive a lot from the whole Angel of Death motif as well as a host of other things within it. (Oedipal and all that). But it just didn't hold me enough to make me that bothered. It was still good, mind. And this is coming from a guy who loves Refn's films.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Peaceful Warrior

Rate The Last Movie You've Seen

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    However, the main weakness in this film is the forgettable main villain.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Shame 6.5/10 Fassbender was amazing in the movie and so was Carey Mulligan. The movie was just too slow. They did a good job portraying his sex addiction but it just didn't really get it done for me. Not bad just not my cup of tea but I loved the acting jobs.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Peaceful Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Shame 6.5/10 Fassbender was amazing in the movie and so was Carey Mulligan. The movie was just too slow. They did a good job portraying his sex addiction but it just didn't really get it done for me. Not bad just not my cup of tea but I loved the acting jobs.
    It didn't really "get it done for you", but you loved the "jobs".

19. Likes Lebowski wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Pheonix7
    Elysium - 6.5/10

It's unfortunate to see the director of District 9 come down from that level to what is honestly an action-driven film with predictable and even cheesy moments. Good ending, but the writing up to that point is unfortunate. Visually, it's where Dredd should have been.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Items Battlefield 3AppleAvenged SevenfoldEA SportsJoker (limited ICON)Metallica
    The Human Centipede (The First Sequence)
    An extremely generous 2/10
    What a poor, poor movie.

PSN: LM-93
    Lets Play!
    PS4.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Reservoir Dogs
    it's classic Tarantino, more doesn't need to be said.
    10/10

moving on Tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon7 View Post
    Elysium - 6.5/10

It's unfortunate to see the director of District 9 come down from that level to what is honestly an action-driven film with predictable and even cheesy moments. Good ending, but the writing up to that point is unfortunate. Visually, it's where Dredd should have been.
    That's why i got a similar feeling to District 9! I'd give the movie a solid 7/10 though, the ending made it better.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    The Wolverine 8/10
    Really liked it

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    We're the Millers 5.8/10

Aside from Jennifer Aniston's stripper scenes, which were a highlight, the movie sucks. There were two or three very good comedic moments where I laughed hard, but then it follows the same rom-com formula. Main character has flaws, other characters are supporting, but main character is a douche, the way it's edited makes the viewer hate him. Main character has a moral dilemma or epiphany and returns to supporting characters to ask for forgiveness or sacrifice something about his ego or life to make up for being an *******. They kiss and happily lived ever after. I hate that. Emma Roberts is hot though. Also, the end credits gag reel was amazing, one particular part in that gag reel right before the credits play. Those who have watched the cult classic TV show, FRIENDS, will know. That's just legendary.

Now You See Me: 6.5/10

Wow, this could have had so much potential if it was just written better. Every other thing about it is fine, but the writing felt like it had more twists than a M. Night Sham movie. It got into the twists so much that I'm still confused about the overall ending and story. Are they the bad guys? Is Morgan Freeman the bad guy? What the **** is going on?

This could have been as good as The Prestige, but it failed due to the writing and the ending. All that aside, nice editing and visuals. Isla Fisher is such a cutie pie.

But, not all is bad.

Prisoners: 8.5/10

Definitely a best picture contender along with Gravity. Now it's hard for me to choose which one I like, but I think I'll fall back to Gravity because it hits the sweet spot, which is sci-fi. This film however is a force not to be reckoned with. Hugh Jackman gives his best performance ever. You know, the one every talks about when an actor gives their best of their entire career. I think this is it. Jake Gyllenhal is another great character in this film, even the villains. It could be shortened to maybe two hours, but it hits all the right spots for acting, editing, writing and cinematography. Love those slider shots.

Also, my next movie is Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. This is my third time trying to watch this movie. I just couldn't get into it the first time. I had to stop after five minutes because the dialogue was incredibly confusing for me. It was just people on drugs.

The 2nd time, I tried to watch it yesterday and 25 minutes in, I had to stop. Again, confusing narration from Johnny Depp and the plot felt all over the place. Feels a little too experimental for a wide release movie. I mean, I LOVED 12 Monkeys, but this is more overwhelming confusing than Natural Born Killers, and that was a true experimental film.

Can anyone tell me how to watch this and enjoy it? I've smoked weed before, do I need that to understand this movie or what?
    Last edited by Lebowski; 11-18-2013 at 05:21.

Forum Sage

Gravity:

I'm terrible at writing reviews and I haven't checked if you guys have covered it already but this film was amazing. The CGI is breathtaking to the extent of where you could be forgiven for thinking they shot some of it in actual cold, quiet space. Never really been a fan of Sandra Bullock to the extent of where I could watch a film with her as lead character but she did a solid job.

The best part of it is that they portray space relatively realistically. I say relatively because I don't know all the ins and outs of trajectory and how fast things can move in space but it all seemed good enough to a layman like myself and they kept true to the fact there is no sound in space which actually made it a lot better due to the silence being so eerie and making you feel completely alone. it's easy to take out little rock of solitude for granted in the vast never ending space but when you consider how desolate and violent space can and will be, I'm happy to be on this rock.

Anyway, before I end my poor attempt at a review if you only take one thing away from this then let it be go and see this film in a cinema and in 3D. Usually I don;t think 3D adds anything to a film but this time it almost felt like it was needed. I don't think a small screen at home will capture the feeling of the film as much as the big screen.

A solid 8/10

27. Likes RedDragon7 wishes they had posted this first.
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Fortress of War (blu-ray, UK). Russian WW2 drama that was really good actually. The acting and the production quality was also really good, IMO. Recommended to anyone that enjoys a good WW2 movie. 8/10

Thread Information