Page 498 of 513 FirstFirst ... 488498508 ... LastLast
Results 12,426 to 12,450 of 12823
    Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Enders Game 5/10

Basically after an alien attack on earth where millions get killed they start preparing for a future war by recruiting really smart kids and training them to lead armies; the idea being that younger people can input complex information better than adults. To train the recruits they basically play paintball in space, this will then enable them to fight an alien horde army.
    It was a good film with a twist towards the end that i didn't see coming, which surprised me as most of it was predictable.

To me it seems like this film is aimed at kids more so than adults, and although they do a good job getting across some important metaphors and life lessons, it feels as if some will be too conceptual for the target audience to grasp.

Sent from my RM-937_eu_euro1_231 using Tapatalk

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    American Wedding - 8.8/10

I saw some of the last parts of this a few years ago but not the whole thing. I still haven't seen 100% but this was a beginning to end type viewing with a interruption. I really love the first 2 films and I need to see the 1st one again because I don't recall that much (weird I know). Right off the bat, that first scene (Jim and Michelle at the table) just had me laughing so hard I was about to $#@! my pants (for real BTW) with the interaction of Jason and Eugene flawless and memorable. They have something on screen that is perfect for the family dimension, its really endearing. A lot of funniest moments in the American Pie series involved the Dad at some level. I didn't notice a difference in the humor between this one and the past movies when it came to 70% of the characters which is great. The other scene that was extremely funny like the first one was that get-together that Stifler crashed (Stifler was amazing in this movie again) where the cake got ruined and the pets were "helping out" lol. It was the anticipation of how absurd it was going to get that added to the comedy. This is a major theme to the American Pie series where you just know its going to all go down in flames in a most hilarious way. Everything else was pretty funny at times and I liked the ending with what are known as the "MILF guys" with John Cho playing John commenting at the scene (his delivery is A++ and memorable) commanding the steam be stopped from obscuring their peeping.

Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    I think I'm going to give the series a try! Fingers crossed it's exists in HD!
    This is about Miami Vice, I think its something that anyone who cherishes 1980s Florida or similar should check out like myself. Its among the most heavenly time periods in my eyes, everything was ideal. Normally I don't like those kind of shows but I will have to look further into MV because of GTA Vice City. Doubt its in HD but you never know.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The Lives of Others: 9/10

This is an awesome piece of foreign cinema. It's produced in Germany, as it is based on true events in Germany before the Berlin Wall fell. It's about the state security, or, the Stasi more correctly, conducting surveillance on its own citizens to see if they are dissidents and trying to flee to the West. Anyone caught will be tortured, imprisoned and possibly even murdered. It seems all too familiar with what was happening in Romania at the time, which was pretty much the same thing. Somehow I think the Berlin Wall falling was an inspiration to the revolution of 1989 in Romania.

History lesson aside, this is a fantastic film with excellent acing, writing and directing, especially near the end. The ending was flawlessly beautiful and very satisfying. You really gotta watch this to know what I'm talking about. It's a great account of what was happening then and for a period piece, they captured it really well from clothing to interior building architecture, to a tee. Go see this.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    The Place Beyond The Pines - 7/10

Completely different from what I was expecting, not the feel of the film, how it unfolds. Still good though.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Good Will Hunting - 5/5.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Before the Rain: 8/10

Another great foreign film in the world of the Bosnian war in the 90's. This has to do with Serbs and Albanians, although in this, it's Macedonians fighting Albanians. It's a wonderfully shot film with good acting, but does have some major continuity and pacing issues due to the editing. Worth a watch though. I think Rust Cohle from True Detectives would disagree with one of the messages in this film. You'll know it when you see it. The ending especially shows that idea not to be true anymore.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    300: Rise of an Empire = 9/10

Loved the $#@! out of this movie!!!!

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Frozen 8/10

I don't usually go for Disney films because I'm not always a fan of the singing but this film was really good! There's a decent amount of humour for kids and adults, good and some clever lyrics to the songs as well. The animation is amazing too, it's up there with Tangled for me which is another film I really enjoy. Definitely Recommend!

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Noah: 8/10

I grew up in an Orthodox household, so I was raised to believe in god and fear him. I heard numerous stories as a kid and Noah's Ark story was one of them. I only remember the very kid-friendly version of it, which was that he built an arc with male and female animals of each species. It was in one of those picture bibles with illustrations. I wish I still had the book, so I could take a look at it. The last images in it that stuck with me are flying horses for the storm god and a golden bull.

But this version of Noah is something you shouldn't take your kid to see. This is the $#@!ed up version of it, done only by Mr. Aronofsky. And believe me, his touch is felt throughout this film. It isn't exactly logical, which is why it's an adventure movie fairytale. I really loved the creature design for it and the sound design for them. The soundtrack was beautiful and worked very well in tense moments. It's done by Clint Mansell, who worked on Moon and Contagion. Only this is not as isolated as those two in style.

The acting was really great with Jennifer Conolly and Emma Watson. They really did a great job. Even Russell Crowe was superb in this. But this film really shines the most in its cinematography. I LOVE all the timelapse footage. Made it feel so surreal. Unfortunately, it was amateur hour in the theater as the projectionist forgot that this movie is supposed to show in 2:35:1 aspect ratio. The sides were cut off to a 1:85:1. Normally these theaters are not made like that and I'm sure as hell this movie wasn't meant to be seen in that aspect ratio. It was a bit distracting and annoying at first, but the story sucked me after a while.

I will admit, the writing isn't the best. It's hard to keep up with some of the characters in Noah's family. It feels like two of them just randomly show up out of the blue years later in the story. But otherwise, the larger effects were fantastic, done at ILM studios and the production design was great. Though it did rely a lot on CGI. What made it feel really $#@!ed up is this story.

I can't believe a story like this exists. This pretty much makes God seem like a merciless asshole. I went in to this movie as a non-religious person and I've been like that for years now. I wanted to see it because it's a child hood fable I grew up on and they did it even more justice than I expected. I mean, this story is really really really $#@!ed up and Aronofsky made sure of that. You could tell the editing and some of the sequences were reminiscent of Requiem for a Dream.

I really can't understand Noah's rationale though. He has a bad dream several times. Takes some drug-laced tea from his great grandfather and is hell bent on mission from God. Noah is the kind of person who would be in a mental institution in the present day. Noah is the type of person you read about in the news about how some parents refuse medical attention to their children and they die. Or Noah is the type of person who is a deranged killer who killed his child because he thought it was a demon. He really did the madman well in this movie, which really sold the acting.

But let's suspend disbelief, because there are wicked things in this story. God is an asshole basically from this. And it's not the first time he's an asshole. Remember Cain and Abel? Noah's Ark is the story of how God gave up on humanity and basically committed a mass genocide that resulted in a near extinction. Like, do you think a loving God would do that?

This is a big reason why I don't believe in God or religion. It's too $#@!ed up. The stories in it and God's little fantasy world of his laws are $#@!ed up. I can't live like that. People can be nice and compassionate to each other without religion or God. That being said, some people do need God and it's completely justified. They have a drinking problem, which has caused them a dysfunctional family. They have a drug problem or a serious social problem that makes them consider suicide and they need that kind of faith. But I expect a rationale human being to not act like Noah did in real life.

This is what's so wonderful about this movie. It doesn't say have faith in God or act accordingly to Noah, it's a re-telling or re-imagining, if you will, of this classic fable. And it's got the elements of adventure, suspense and fear in it that makes this movie so scary to look at in some moments.

Worth a watch for sure.

10. Likes Sylar likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I really want to see Noah. It looked like it was right in Russell Crowe's wheelhouse. Unlike most movies he has been making recently.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Ride along its one of the bests in 2014 typical film

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier 8/10

Really enjoyed this, decent amount of action and some good reveals too, preferred it to the first film!

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier 8/10

Really enjoyed this, decent amount of action and some good reveals too, preferred it to the first film!

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
    Same here. Loved it. Definitely the best marvel film so far imo.. I think. Or is the avengers still the best?!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    Same here. Loved it. Definitely the best marvel film so far imo.. I think. Or is the avengers still the best?!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Hmmm it's a tough one to call!

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Should I stay after the credits for Cap 2, Sylar?

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: 7.5/10

I saw this when it came out, but I was a dumb teen then and I couldn't understand it, which is why I hated it. Now, I love it! Genius humour, hits you at the right moment. It feels like it can be overkill at times, but there are epic comedy moments of gold in it. Pacing wise, it feels overwhelming and cluttered, but otherwise, the fun CGI and animation in space is nice to look at. It's really the humour where it shines and it's got a decent cast, even though Zooey Deschanel isn't that great of an actress, who looked like she was missing her cues in some scenes. Sam Rockwell is great and is so That Guy From The Hobbit. Mos Def is wonderful in it too and I was shocked when I heard the voice over describing his character introduction as "descendant of an ape" LOL. How did that even fly with him?! Oh and the dolphin sequence at the start. Wonderful, just wonderful.

And let's not forget, under all the comedy in this film, it has a special message behind it. The answer to the meaning of life, the universe and everything else is...........

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
    Should I stay after the credits for Cap 2, Sylar?
    Yes There is a scene after the first set of credits, then there is a smaller scene after the main set of credits, I won't say what either of them are because it will ruin the film.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Wolf children (anime) - 8/10.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

13 Sins. I enjoyed it and it kinda left the right amount of holes to make my imagination spin slightly. Somehow I expected a bit more though.
    8/10

Sent from my X1 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Lone Survivor - 8/10

Was better because it was based on a true story imo

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Temptations (2013 Tyler Perry joint)

8/10

It was an ard movie.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Body of Lies 8/10

So finally got round to watching the early batman films everyone raves about, and gotta say, distinctively average - I'll stick to the new ones, thank you vry much!

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone 9/10

Only 13 years late.

I thoguht it was great, I felt liek I was discovering this whole new world of magic and wizardry myself. Going to watch the next one

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Wolf of Wall Street. 10/10- Leo equals $#@!ing amazing. Watch it!

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    47 Ronin: 5/10

I'll bet you all my money, if this movie was done in its natural language, Japanese and they got a Japanese actor instead of Keanu, it would have done well at the box office or at least be regarded as one of the best films of 2013. But, it was butchered to death in the writing and it felt like Joel Schumacher directed it. All the cool action sequences the trailers promised are very brief and go by fast. The trailer is probably the best part of this movie. That being said, the action sequences, short as they were, were pretty awesome. And that's all this movie has for it. I'm not sure yet if this is worth even a download.

Thread Information