Page 503 of 517 FirstFirst ... 493503513 ... LastLast
Results 12,551 to 12,575 of 12908
    Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernsty View Post
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2

On Wednesday, I saw an advance screening of The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Really cannot recommend something that's mediocre at best. The movie lacks any weight or focus and features downright bad writing. Even a great cast (Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx) can only do so much to elevate the dumb, messy plot & script. While the action sequences are pretty, most of them never felt thrilling.

The Verge's review nailed it perfectly.

2 out of 5.
    Could you elaborate on this? I saw the movie last night.
    PS4|PS3|PS2|PS1|PSVITA|XBOX 360|XBOX|N64|3DS XL|DSi|Gameboy Advance|Gameboy Color|PC

Deathmask Divine
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Blitz 4/10

not worth watching

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Dirty Wars - 8/10
    It's about the American military being 'naughty' killing people.

Seven Psychopaths - 9/10
    Really funny. Something a bit different. Great stuff.
    Last edited by darky89; 05-10-2014 at 23:39.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Seven Psychopaths was great. Not to mention a perfect cast.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Master Guru
    Oh yeah definitely. Great cast.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug 10/10- Man, I thought the first one was good! This movie was amazing. Tons of action and creative as hell. Not to mention one of the biggest cliff hangers in a series I've ever seen. I was pissed when it ended. Also an amazing song in the credits. I See Fire by Ed Sheeran.

Deathmask Divine
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Taken 8/10

I was surprised by this film, wasnt expecting much but it turned out really good, I think Liam Neeson did a great job with his role as well.

Taken 2 7/10

I enjoyed this too but not as much as the first, I just felt the antagonists motive for revenge in this film was senseless and lacked any mentality, there were some great scenes though.

Fargo 6/10

I kept hearing good things about this film but for me it just felt like not a lot really happened, and the light hearted approach towards the story made me question how true it was to what actually happened.

Red Eye 5/10

This started off really good but it just got worse as it went on haha, the actors were great its just the storyline let it down.

Misery 8/10

I really enjoyed this, had a great sense of isolation and it did a good job at making you feel uncomfortable, you never really feel that the protagonist is safe throughout the film either. One of the disturbing things about this film is that you know there are people out there with similar personalities to the antagonist so the plot doesn't seem that far fetched.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Neighbors: 8/10

While it does have a moment or two of comedy that drags on and kinda overkills it, the rest is pure comedy gold. The editing and the actors are to thank for that. And it almost has a black comedy feel to it, but it doesn't quite get to that stage, just hints at it. And it's up to par with the best comedy last year, This is the End. I actually think it's better that we have one actor from that entourage doing all the jokes and being the comic relief. Rose Byrne is beautiful and sexy as ever and as usual. And it's nice that it doesn't go into the stupid rom-com territory, because it almost could have. Oh and there is a nice subtle reference in this movie references This is the End. It was the perfect moment too and the audience got it right away. I just wish the **** of a couple next to me would stop ****ing talking!

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Godzilla: 9/10

It makes up for all the wrongs in the 1998 version and it makes Pacific Rim look like a children's movie. The level of destruction in Pacific Rim pale in comparison to Godzilla. Even the fight sequences in Pacific Rim look boring, compared to Godzilla, and it's funny because there's only one sequence in Godzilla, but it's so visually entertaining and satisfying, especially the last few minutes. That's pure fan service. It's such a shame the director didn't shoot this in true, 70mm IMAX film stock. He would have truly captured the immense overwhelming height and fear of Godzilla. He is ****ing HUGE! I love what they did with the face. Total ****ing badass. Makes the monsters in Pacific Rim look like little *****es. They might as well recruit Godzilla for Pacific Rim 2.

I loved every minute of this film. And It was nice to see Heisenberg again. He definitely pulled a Walter White performance. The only person that was kind of useless was the couple's kid. He served no purpose whatsoever to the story. And I'm also getting reports that people thought the acting was poor. You can't really go in this with unrealistic and silly Oscar-worthy expectations, although this film defiantely deserves an Oscar for best sound design, because that roar in IMAX is ****ing stellar and rocks your world. I really love what they did with the sound design for Godzilla and the other one, I won't spoil it.

And it blew my sour expectations going in to see this movie. I'll admit, I kinda felt like this was gonna be Godzilla 1998 all over again, but it truly was not and it corrected all the wrongs that movie made. What I loved about this is that it's not just about Godzilla, it's about man vs. nature and nature vs. nature. Charles Darwin would be proud.

Go see this move in IMAX. The 3D is particularly not that interesting, but if you want truly amazing sound quality, to truly hear that roar, you need to see this in IMAX. I could feel the inside of my chest vibrate.

10. Likes thanatos144, PS4freak likes this post
    Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Me and a buddy are likely going to see it next weekend. I can't wait. Glad to see a good review.

Deathmask Divine
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    I'll be seeing it this sunday, cant wait!

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post

It makes up for all the wrongs in the 1998 version and it makes Pacific Rim look like a children's movie. The level of destruction in Pacific Rim pale in comparison to Godzilla. Even the fight sequences in Pacific Rim look boring, compared to Godzilla, and it's funny because there's only one sequence in Godzilla, but it's so visually entertaining and satisfying, especially the last few minutes. That's pure fan service. It's such a shame the director didn't shoot this in true, 70mm IMAX film stock. He would have truly captured the immense overwhelming height and fear of Godzilla. He is ****ing HUGE! I love what they did with the face. Total ****ing badass. Makes the monsters in Pacific Rim look like little *****es. They might as well recruit Godzilla for Pacific Rim 2.

I loved every minute of this film. And It was nice to see Heisenberg again. He definitely pulled a Walter White performance. The only person that was kind of useless was the couple's kid. He served no purpose whatsoever to the story. And I'm also getting reports that people thought the acting was poor. You can't really go in this with unrealistic and silly Oscar-worthy expectations, although this film defiantely deserves an Oscar for best sound design, because that roar in IMAX is ****ing stellar and rocks your world. I really love what they did with the sound design for Godzilla and the other one, I won't spoil it.

And it blew my sour expectations going in to see this movie. I'll admit, I kinda felt like this was gonna be Godzilla 1998 all over again, but it truly was not and it corrected all the wrongs that movie made. What I loved about this is that it's not just about Godzilla, it's about man vs. nature and nature vs. nature. Charles Darwin would be proud.

Go see this move in IMAX. The 3D is particularly not that interesting, but if you want truly amazing sound quality, to truly hear that roar, you need to see this in IMAX. I could feel the inside of my chest vibrate.
    When I was working as manager of a local PC retail outfit, we had 9 monitors all playing off one DVD in a computer to show case DVD drives (this is like 2000-2003), we had the one DVD, it was Godzilla (1998 ), it played on repeat all day......

I have VERY bad memories of Godzilla. If it weren't for Cranston, I probably wouldn't even be interested.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Finally saw Lego Movie.

10/10. Watch it.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

15. Likes mynd likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Finally saw Lego Movie.

10/10. Watch it.
    Because Everything IS awesome.

17. Likes Christopher likes this post
    The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Weird, I just watched it. ARE YOU MY DAD?

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Because Everything IS awesome.
    I love that song
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    When I was working as manager of a local PC retail outfit, we had 9 monitors all playing off one DVD in a computer to show case DVD drives (this is like 2000-2003), we had the one DVD, it was Godzilla (1998 ), it played on repeat all day......

I have VERY bad memories of Godzilla. If it weren't for Cranston, I probably wouldn't even be interested.
    lol, if only they made The Dark Knight then...every Futureshop I go to has The Dark Knight being displayed on their HDTV demo's. Like that's the only visually pleasing movie. They should show 2001.

But rest assured, the injustices done in the 1998 Godzilla movie are made up for in this version.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    I liked 1998 Godzilla, but you know, I was ****ing 7-8. Watching it now would probably tarnish my memories.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

22. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    I liked 1998 Godzilla, but you know, I was ****ing 7-8. Watching it now would probably tarnish my memories.
    It's a pretty fun movie. Not a masterpiece or anything, but I never really had a problem with it.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Warm Bodies
    8 out of 10
    Wow! So what happened was I just checking out the movie channels and I stumbled upon this movie called "Warm Bodies". I couldn't pull away and I ended up watching it. I do not have any regrets at all. Warm Bodies is a zombie movie with a twist: it's a love story! I'm not going to spoil anyone, but I really liked the story told in Warm Bodies, from the memories of a dead boyfriend to the concept of love conquers all. There's a lot of inspirational points in this movie and despite it features zombies, it's a feel good movie. It even has a bit of comedy in it. I really liked this movie and it has a good ending. I strongly recommend this PG-13 movie to a family, zombie movie lovers, and romance movie lovers.

The Dark Knight Rises
    10 out of 10
    I have to be honest, I liked it and I thought this was BETTER than The Dark Knight. It's a grim movie though, but just like the movie above, TDKR is an inspirational movie. It also tells a story about an aging Bruce Wayne who fights hard for the city he loves, probably the final story of this Batman series. It has some funny parts and is a nice action movie. What threw me for a twist was Bane actually had a brain in this movie because I am used to Bane being all muscles and no intellect. I recommend this movie to all movie enthusiasts and all Batman fans. Last but not least, I just want to say I am going to miss this Batman trilogy. I liked this trilogy much better than the 1990's Batman. Would I buy the whole trilogy on blu ray dvd? Heck yes!

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    I started the 1998 Godzilla movie back in 2002 and within 20 minutes or so in I stopped watching it, I was pretty bored. Nothing caught my attention at all and didn't expect anything good after. This new one looks really awesome, the trailers gave me goosebumps which few movie trailers do, and certainly not any Godzilla movie to date. I think seeing it in a theater will be a good idea, like 2014's "Man of Steel" experience for me. Also Cranston looks to be as sharp as ever so that's a huge mover.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Warm Bodies
    8 out of 10
    Wow! So what happened was I just checking out the movie channels and I stumbled upon this movie called "Warm Bodies". I couldn't pull away and I ended up watching it. I do not have any regrets at all. Warm Bodies is a zombie movie with a twist: it's a love story! I'm not going to spoil anyone, but I really liked the story told in Warm Bodies, from the memories of a dead boyfriend to the concept of love conquers all. There's a lot of inspirational points in this movie and despite it features zombies, it's a feel good movie. It even has a bit of comedy in it. I really liked this movie and it has a good ending. I strongly recommend this PG-13 movie to a family, zombie movie lovers, and romance movie lovers.

The Dark Knight Rises
    10 out of 10
    I have to be honest, I liked it and I thought this was BETTER than The Dark Knight. It's a grim movie though, but just like the movie above, TDKR is an inspirational movie. It also tells a story about an aging Bruce Wayne who fights hard for the city he loves, probably the final story of this Batman series. It has some funny parts and is a nice action movie. What threw me for a twist was Bane actually had a brain in this movie because I am used to Bane being all muscles and no intellect. I recommend this movie to all movie enthusiasts and all Batman fans. Last but not least, I just want to say I am going to miss this Batman trilogy. I liked this trilogy much better than the 1990's Batman. Would I buy the whole trilogy on blu ray dvd? Heck yes!
    It's my favourite of the trilogy. Probably one of the few, possibly only, trilogies that I find the movies get getter.

27. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post

I saw this the other day and have to agree with you.... Also if you grew up like I did (Since I am a old fart) with Godzilla Movies you will not be disappointed in this. I felt like I was 7 again watching Godzilla rampage through a city once more...The only thing it missed was it needed one scene with really bad Dubbing LOL

Deathmask Divine
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Godzilla 8/10

Really enjoyed this, it doesnt happen very often but when you first hear him do a proper roar i stopped breathing for a bit, for me it beats the t rex from jurassic park. Its good to see a decent disaster action film like you used to get.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Watched Out of the Furnace. 9/10. Woody Harrelson was great. Played a real SOB.

Thread Information