Latest PSU headlines:

Page 504 of 510 FirstFirst ... 494504 ... LastLast
Results 12,576 to 12,600 of 12740
    Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    The Expendables 2: 5/10

This film is just about bearable. It think it's really cool, and tries waaaay to hard to be. Pretty much all the one liners are cringe worthy.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    The Expendables 2: 5/10

This film is just about bearable. It think it's really cool, and tries waaaay to hard to be. Pretty much all the one liners are cringe worthy.
    It has **** exploding and guns and ass kicking.... it is how a action movie should be. Mindless violent fun with humour.

tapatalk post

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    It has **** exploding and guns and ass kicking.... it is how a action movie should be. Mindless violent fun with humour.

tapatalk post
    There was nothing funny in it, in my opinion. If they took out all of the crap jokes, I would have enjoyed it more.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    There was nothing funny in it, in my opinion. If they took out all of the crap jokes, I would have enjoyed it more.
    To each their own I guess

tapatalk post

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I took the first expendables as what it was it was going for, s homage to all those 80s action movies and the actors that were in it. I'd say the first is a 7/10 for me. I haven't seen the second. That AA-12 scene was hilarious to me.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    I mean the joke with the snake and Chuck Norris was just funny as ****

tapatalk post

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Man of Steel
    6 out of 10 stars
    This movie was a huge disappointment to me. Huge. I couldn't even finish it so I did not watch the last 30 minutes. I'm not going to spoil anyone, but if you're a superman fan used to Clark, Louis, and the usual superman stuff in the comics, then may not be the movie for you. It was an entirely different movie, it was almost unsuperman like. A lot of the things that happened in this movie did not make sense to me. Do I recommend this movie to anyone? Only to superman fans who are looking for something "different". Would I buy this on DVD? Heck no!

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Godzilla - 7/10

It was entertaining and the climax delivered, but Godzilla was underdeveloped and I didn't care about the main characters.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
    Godzilla: 9/10

It makes up for all the wrongs in the 1998 version and it makes Pacific Rim look like a children's movie. The level of destruction in Pacific Rim pale in comparison to Godzilla. Even the fight sequences in Pacific Rim look boring, compared to Godzilla, and it's funny because there's only one sequence in Godzilla, but it's so visually entertaining and satisfying, especially the last few minutes. That's pure fan service. It's such a shame the director didn't shoot this in true, 70mm IMAX film stock. He would have truly captured the immense overwhelming height and fear of Godzilla. He is ****ing HUGE! I love what they did with the face. Total ****ing badass. Makes the monsters in Pacific Rim look like little *****es. They might as well recruit Godzilla for Pacific Rim 2.

I loved every minute of this film. And It was nice to see Heisenberg again. He definitely pulled a Walter White performance. The only person that was kind of useless was the couple's kid. He served no purpose whatsoever to the story. And I'm also getting reports that people thought the acting was poor. You can't really go in this with unrealistic and silly Oscar-worthy expectations, although this film defiantely deserves an Oscar for best sound design, because that roar in IMAX is ****ing stellar and rocks your world. I really love what they did with the sound design for Godzilla and the other one, I won't spoil it.

And it blew my sour expectations going in to see this movie. I'll admit, I kinda felt like this was gonna be Godzilla 1998 all over again, but it truly was not and it corrected all the wrongs that movie made. What I loved about this is that it's not just about Godzilla, it's about man vs. nature and nature vs. nature. Charles Darwin would be proud.

Go see this move in IMAX. The 3D is particularly not that interesting, but if you want truly amazing sound quality, to truly hear that roar, you need to see this in IMAX. I could feel the inside of my chest vibrate.
    Erm... Heisenberg wasn't in this movie. You mean Aaron Taylor-Johnson ... the guy that played 'Kick-Ass'. He's actually quite a good actor.

And yes, I enjoyed the movie a lot and I was surprised how much Godzilla looked like the original guy-in-a-suit, but with all modern technology's glory, lol.

I just wish there was more Godzilla in the film. I enjoyed that Ken Watanabe kept calling him "Gojira."
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Friendship is Carrots
    Godzilla - 3/10

Didn't care for the main character and his family. Several problems with the story planning. Too much of the movie is occupied with characters just standing around wasting time. Two instances a fight began only for the scene to suddenly change with a swift kick to the audience's groin. It's intentionally designed to pump us up only to disappoint. There must've been about 10 minutes of any real fighting throughout the whole movie, the rest was melodrama and following someone no one has any reason to care for. Even the fighting that occurs is mediocre.

When it finally does happen they try to play it as if Godzilla is losing badly, but the pacing is so jacked up that it's too sudden. There was no buildup to it, and everyone knows it's just BS. They're trying to make you care but it's impossible to do so. The fighting was also awkward and slow and completely unsatisfying. I yawned from boredom and kinda looked away halfway into the ending's battle while Godzilla did another overhyped roar. The final kill at the end was pretty nice... even if it did happen suddenly just to end the conflict. Furthermore, the best scene in the whole movie (the halo drop) was already shown in one of the trailers.

The worst offense is how Godzilla is a secondary character in his own film. I came to see Godzilla, not some soldier trying to get to his family with the cool stuff being skipped over or lost in the background. Talk about a godawful sense of priorities here. The film was terrible and I feel bad for spending money on it. The most disappointed I've been watching a movie.

I went home and rewatched Pacific Rim to ease the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Erm... Heisenberg wasn't in this movie. You mean Aaron Taylor-Johnson ... the guy that played 'Kick-Ass'. He's actually quite a good actor.
    He was the main character's father.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 05-19-2014 at 08:29.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    I mean the joke with the snake and Chuck Norris was just funny as ****

tapatalk post
    I don't remember that???

I did like when Arnold pulled the door of the smart car, that was funny.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Godzilla - 3/10

Didn't care for the main character and his family. Several problems with the story planning. Too much of the movie is occupied with characters just standing around wasting time. Two instances a fight began only for the scene to suddenly change with a swift kick to the audience's groin. It's intentionally designed to pump us up only to disappoint. There must've been about 10 minutes of any real fighting throughout the whole movie, the rest was melodrama and following someone no one has any reason to care for. Even the fighting that occurs is mediocre.

When it finally does happen they try to play it as if Godzilla is losing badly, but the pacing is so jacked up that it's too sudden. There was no buildup to it, and everyone knows it's just BS. They're trying to make you care but it's impossible to do so. The fighting was also awkward and slow and completely unsatisfying. I yawned from boredom and kinda looked away halfway into the ending's battle while Godzilla did another overhyped roar. The final kill at the end was pretty nice... even if it did happen suddenly just to end the conflict. Furthermore, the best scene in the whole movie (the halo drop) was already shown in one of the trailers.

The worst offense is how Godzilla is a secondary character in his own film. I came to see Godzilla, not some soldier trying to get to his family with the cool stuff being skipped over or lost in the background. Talk about a godawful sense of priorities here. The film was terrible and I feel bad for spending money on it. The most disappointed I've been watching a movie.

I went home and rewatched Pacific Rim to ease the pain.

I am gonna guess that you under 25. Those of us old farts sho grew up with godzilla know this is homage to how the original were

tapatalk post

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    The movie felt like a sequel, since hardly anyone gave a **** about Godzilla. If it was a sequel, it would make sense that Godzilla was expected to arrive and fight the new monsters. But the world didn't know about Godzilla, so it was odd how little hype the movie gave him. He gets one short blurb by Watanabe and then he shows up.

Also, as Rapture said, the movie was repetitive in a way. We had three different scenes where the monsters had big entrances and then it cut away to something else (except for the third time).

I have no problems with Godzilla's screen-time in the movie. I have a problem with how he received so little hype and development, and how the movie was basically just killing time until the last fight. A good alternative would have been to increase the mystery (which was good in the first half hour) and have human characters we care about (which also was good in the first half hour, due to Cranston).

14. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    Godzilla - 9/10

Just got back from watching this, and holy **** was it awesome. I got chills when he cranked out the atomic breath, and the movie looked and sounded incredible. The amount of homage that it pays to the original is great as well. For those giving it **** about Godzilla's screen time, if you watch the older, original movies, they all had a plot focused on humans, with Godzilla coming in near the end, tearing **** up, and going back to the ocean for the next movie.

Thats what I wanted to see, and thats what I got. I've read a lot of criticisms about Aaron Johnson's character not looking very surprised. But he is an EOD, those guys have to have balls of steel, and know how to keep their cool no matter how scared they are. Even if he was pissing himself scared, being what he was, his facial expression wouldn't show it like people want.

The only things that didn't bode well with me was the sneaking. Godzilla was 350 feet tall, there is no way in hell he could move that quietly. And secondly the amount of fighting that occurred off screen. I understand what the director was going for, trying to build up to the final fight. But look at Pacific Rim, that movie opened with in your face monsters, and it didn't get old. I had hoped it would have gone that direction, long shots of Godzilla kicking ass in daylight. Just like in the originals.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Man of Steel
    6 out of 10 stars
    This movie was a huge disappointment to me. Huge. I couldn't even finish it so I did not watch the last 30 minutes. I'm not going to spoil anyone, but if you're a superman fan used to Clark, Louis, and the usual superman stuff in the comics, then may not be the movie for you. It was an entirely different movie, it was almost unsuperman like. A lot of the things that happened in this movie did not make sense to me. Do I recommend this movie to anyone? Only to superman fans who are looking for something "different". Would I buy this on DVD? Heck no!
    So much hatred, yet 6/10?

WTF?!

Master Guru
    This Means War - 8/10

Really quite enjoyable. Funny with good actions sequences, a nice easy watch.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    So much hatred, yet 6/10?

WTF?!
    6 out of 10 isn't bad enough?!

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover

Rate The Last Movie You've Seen

6 out of 10 isn't bad enough?!
    Of course not. You didn't have 1 positive thing to say about the movie so 0/10 would be more appropriate. I hate inflated scores.

Personally, I liked it and would give 8/10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Of course not. You didn't have 1 positive thing to say about the movie so 0/10 would be more appropriate. I hate inflated scores.

Personally, I liked it and would give 8/10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From now on, I'll talk about ALL the positives and negatives of a movie.

The first 30 minutes of the movie wasn't bad at all.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Godzilla 7/10, really didn't see him fight until the end

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Godzilla 7/10, really didn't see him fight until the end

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    It's how the old-school movies were

tapatalk post

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    From now on, I'll talk about ALL the positives and negatives of a movie.

The first 30 minutes of the movie wasn't bad at all.
    You didn't like the fighting? I mean, for god's sake ... in the last Superman movie ... Superman didn't throw a single punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    No, I'm just retarded and thought of Jesse Eisenberg when he was referring to Heisenberg from Breaking Bad ... i.e. Bryan Cranston.
    Last edited by Brandon; 05-23-2014 at 08:17.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

24. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    MoneyM07
    X-men: Days of Future Past: ...7 or 8/10. Between that

Long story short: It's a good movie but a cop out for the original trilogy.

Do they move forward with the First Class cast or the original trilogy cast?

Another thing, I felt this way when it was announced but why the f--k did he announce the Apocalypse movie so early? I was already expecting the end or the end credits to have something to do with Apocalypse but damn let me be surprise. Announcing it before this movie came out just took everything away from the end credits scene in my opinion.

What do you think?

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Probably a 7.5/10. Captain America Winter Soldier and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 were both better I think.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Lone Survivor 10/10

Great action sequences and I really felt their predicament and isolation, not much more I can say except if you like action movies you will like this.
    Last edited by keefy; 05-25-2014 at 03:13.

Thread Information