Page 507 of 514 FirstFirst ... 497507 ... LastLast
Results 12,651 to 12,675 of 12848
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I'm sorry that you guys like erect $#@!es and candle anal. Not my thing, though.
    Don't be sorry. Nothing wrong with enjoying a nice, hard, throbbing $#@!.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Lol.

The movie probably wouldn't have bothered me as much if I wasn't with family at the time. I'm just sitting there like ... wtf?
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    I'm sorry that you guys like erect $#@!es and candle anal. Not my thing, though.

What $#@!ing movie were you watching exactly?

The movie probably wouldn't have bothered me as much if I wasn't with family at the time. I'm just sitting there like ... wtf?
    Which in no way even begins to justify your review and opinion of the movie because you felt "uncomfortable". Maybe choose an actual family movie next time?
    Last edited by Lebowski; 07-01-2014 at 19:53.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Lets face it I have heard a lot about wolf of wallstreet and none of it good. Just random sex drugs and could language. Just the type of crap Hollywood loves

tapatalk post

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I do agree that it wasn't a great movie, but merely good. Most of the scenes were entertaining, but the overall result isn't very strong.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
    Which in no way even begins to justify your review and opinion of the movie because you felt "uncomfortable". Maybe choose an actual family movie next time?
    I thought the movie sucked ass. My opinion doesn't need to be justified because you disagree. I thought it was incredibly overrated. If you liked it, great.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Love em!!!

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

8. Likes Brandon likes this post
    Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    Lets face it I have heard a lot about wolf of wallstreet and none of it good. Just random sex drugs and could language. Just the type of crap Hollywood loves

tapatalk post
    That's funny, because I've heard nothing but good things about it.

on IMDB, it sits at 8.3/10 and is in the top 250

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0993846/?ref_=nv_sr_1

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_...l_street_2013/

And a 73% on RT, but 83% of the audience likes it. That's a pretty big margin.

And this not the kind of crap Hollywood loves. This is the kind of stuff that Hollywood fears, because of its amazing content that dares to push the edge of the R rating in a society that claims it's liberal and cultured, but at the thought of sex or nudity...EVERYONE LOSES THEIR $#@!ING MINDS!!! The "acclaimed critics" who did rang on it for the sex scenes have either are divorced, are from a different generation or have never seen a movie with nudity before and are sheltered and scared. Kind of sounds like the MPAA rating committee. The kind of stuff Hollywood loves is money makers like Transformers and comic book movies with big budgets. The Wolf of Wall Street is 1st Class entertainment. And if you think the nudity is bad in this, watch Nymphomaniac, and even the content in that movie I would say is completely justified. Watch Wolf of Wall Street before you rely on very biased and inaccurate reviews.

I thought the movie sucked ass. My opinion doesn't need to be justified because you disagree. I thought it was incredibly overrated. If you liked it, great.
    I really wouldn't have replied to you, until the second post where you insinuated the "sorry if you guys like erect $#@!s and candle anal" comment. That's a pretty nasty generalization of anyone who liked it and pretty insulting, even if you were being sarcastic. It was just in poor taste.

There's what, two-three scenes with $#@!s in it that don't even last 30 seconds? Meanwhile there's a lot more on Game of Thrones, but no one complains about that. And if you think the nudity is bad in this, then you haven't seen Nymphomaniac or a Lars Von Trier movie. But then you went on to say that you probably would have enjoyed the movie more if you weren't with your family. It's uncomfortable with family members, which is completely understandable. That's why I watched it alone. But that shouldn't constitute the movie being bad, because of the theater experience.

I've had some assholes talk through the whole runtime of Oblivion and Argo with their dumb girlfriends who contributed to the conversation. That $#@! was annoying as hell, but I still enjoyed the movies.

And my final point is the movie is based on the book of the same name. This is merely an adaptation of what transpired before. And anyone who says this movie idolizes this lifestyle is a hypocrite. Why? Because they probably loved Scarface, American Gangster and any other biographical movie, whether fictional or real, based on "the bad guy", which also idolizes a similar lifestyle to Wolf of Street. But in the end, the bad guys always lose. And this isn't even my favourite Scorcese movie, but it's certainly in the realm of his directing style, so this should be nothing new to audiences and critics in the first place.

Administrator
    Sounds like you really dislike when people dislike things you like. I'm glad you enjoyed it, but there are people that genuinely hate some of my favorite movies ... and I'm okay with that ... even if I don't get why they don't like it.

And yes ... that comment was a joke ... so don't take such offense to it.

Me disliking the movie is really just my opinion. It holds no weight in the grand scheme of things. I didn't like it while others really enjoyed it. I did not.

I'm sure we can agree on many other things, but we won't always agree on everything. It's those differences that make us unique. And that's okay. I really don't mind at all that you like it and that joke was in jest. I didn't mean to offend you.
    Last edited by Brandon; 07-03-2014 at 06:26.

Forum Overseer
    erect $#@!es.

quickly, where do i find these?

Administrator
    I think you can get a buy one get one free dealy at Walmart right now.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Lone Survivor 9/10

The movie was fantastic. Graphic at some point but not a lot. It showed the brotherhood of the teams and the honor our troops have. I did find it kind of cool there were many scenes Marcus Luttrell himself was in . How a man lives through something like that is mind boggling.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Transformers Age of Extinction 7/10

I just got back from watching this and it was very good, I did notice a few continuity errors and some bits you just have to accept it for what it is instead of asking "how did he know" or "how did they get there" you'll probably know once you've seen it! Saying that it didn't take anything away from the experience, it is very similar to the previous Transformers films as you would expect but there are some darker tones to this film, feels more violent and detailed in some of the death and destruction.

I have to say the thing I enjoyed most about this film is how $#@!ing loud it was played in the cinema, the speakers were sending vibrations through the seats and you could feel the air being pushed away from them and hitting you. Every big crash, explosion and blow made it's way out of the screen and just enhanced it so much, it's definitely worth watching this in the cinema just for that alone.

Also off topic but they showed the trailer for Expendables 3 and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, both films look brilliant and I cannot wait for them! The next Purge film looks decent too, I have the first one but I am yet to watch it.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    erect $#@!es.

quickly, where do i find these?
    I got one for ya!

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Dallas Buyers Club - 9/10

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    300: Rise of an Empire - 6/10

Eh, in the long run, I don't think this was a necessary sequel because the first one ended on such a high note. But Eva Green was actually great in this, and I'm not just talking about her beautiful tits and sex scene. She was actually a badass villain in this and she didn't fall under any female archetypes or stereotypes. But the action sequences and the spirit of the first 300 weren't in this one. However, if it was directed and written better, it could have been actually a great sequel. I would download this one folks.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Dont be so premature.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Turbo 5/10

Meh.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Turbo 5/10

Meh.
    the name Turbo for a movie 5/10

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Johnny Mnemonic - 7/10 (hehe)..

Seriously though, that was a lousy first half of a movie

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    the name Turbo for a movie 5/10
    haha you might enjoy it in you're into snails racing in the Indie 500

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    haha you might enjoy it in you're into snails racing in the Indie 500
    if it's anything like Fast & the Furious, no thanks lol. although something tells me i might end up enjoying the series when i don't feel like thinking too much.

Veteran
    Transcendence 7/10

Fun to watch, but definitely not worth spending some buck watching it at the movie theater.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    if it's anything like Fast & the Furious, no thanks lol. although something tells me i might end up enjoying the series when i don't feel like thinking too much.
    Its an animated movie so I doubt its anything like those movies.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Its an animated movie so I doubt its anything like those movies.
    ah i see, did not know.

Thread Information