Will my online for ps2 work with ps3

Okay i splashed out 50 odd quid for my ps2 to be wireless and online. Will my ps2 internet thingy work with the ps3 or will i have to start over and buy a new online thing?

Also i have the slimline so i dont use the adapter i use something tht just plugs into the internet port in the back and off i go.
    As i was told i wasnt aloud a signature. I dont know what im aloud to put here....

Yay pointless signatures....

Elite Member
    The wireless adapter should work yeah....

But im not sure what ur asking ,

will ur wireless adapter work ? yes should do

will ur ps2 internet thingy work ? not got a clue what ur talking about

i use something tht just plugs into the internet port in the back and off i go ? Again not sure what you mean...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All my icons are now for sale

Master Poster
    Im guessing your talking about the network adapter, not sure.

But in PS3, you can just connect it up like the slimline as far as i know, not sure if you will be able to access PS2 Online stuff though...since it uses DNAS encryption, and unless Sony included what is needed to allow you access, then doubt it.

i guess we just need to wait an see what they have planned for PS3 Online really, im sure they wouldnt take away backwards compatibility for online, that would be nuts, Sony are all about backwards compatibility...well, except the PS2 an PS1 hardware connections (memory cards, controller ports)
    I have no signature.
    No, really, i don't. You're just imagining this.

No guys that's not what he is talking about. He said wireless, meaning he has a wireless adapter plugged into the back of his slimline. The answer to this question is yes, it should work. But you won't need it, the ps3 has built-in WIFI, 802.11B/G, meaning it will automatically recognize your internet connection once it is turned on. Grab a friend and sell it, try and get that 50 bucks back dude.
    "You can pay 50 bucks a year to play online with them, or you can play for free with us." - Sony Spokesperson, TGS 2006

Dedicated Member
    I think you either need a wifi or a ethernet cable to make it work

Grab a friend and sell it, try and get that 50 bucks back dude.
    He didn't spend 50 US $.
    He spent 50 European pounds (quid).

frogboy if you want answers for your questions you are going to have to be a little more specific. Right now we're basically shooting blind trying o help you.
    PS3 will be the "revolution" what is Nintendo trying to pull?

Forum Elder
    frogboy

This will Take care of your issue with the adapter.

Here is how it's works the PS2 online adapters wireless or wired will not be needed for the PS3, it has it's own built in wireless adapter that comes standard with the PS3. The adapter inside the PS3 will be in 802.11g (series) which is compatible with the 802.11b series. That is what the PS3 will use to connect to the internet. WIFI is just another name for it, Which means you don't need to use the CAT.5 patch cable for a wired connection.

This will Take care of your issue with the Online service.

Currently Sony does not have any browser or online community like microsoft has on it's xbox. Here is how Sony's Online status stands right now for the PS2, it is up to the developers to create a game that will be played online. Once they create that game they are going to be the one's responsible with the online logistics: which means that they are going to run the server's that the games are going to be played on themselves. They will service the server's by themselves which cost money and trouble shoot any problem that a gamer could have themselves without the assistances from Sony. For the PS3 Sony is taking a whole new approach to the online community. They are going to come out with a new browser for the system so we can surf the web while playing games, be able to download tons of stuff for the system and much more. Right now we don't know any addition information for the online community until Sony releases more information. Sony will be in-charge of the Online community for the PS3 instead of the developers with the PS2.

I hope this help you out.

30.82Mbps<--Download----Upload-->22.80Mbps

Elite Sage
    erm... yes you can play PS2 games online, with your PS3.
    Big Boss Emblem FTW!

ok that did answer my question as i put all ur answers together. Also i did mean WIRELESS so thanks for tht guy who pointed that out. So as your saying it works as a slimeline thats ok it will work or i will f ind a away of making it work. Also if your saying its built into it so u dont need any adapters or anything thts also cool. So thankd very much for all of your help and all of your sugestions and stuff.

Thanks again.....
    As i was told i wasnt aloud a signature. I dont know what im aloud to put here....

Elite Member
    lol, I jammed my PS1 TV adapter into my PS2...worked fine. Hopefully I can jam anything I have from my PS2 into my PS3. I don't care if it looks pretty, as long as it works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lol farir enough aslong as it works its the main thing reli.

Thread Information