Apprentice

Break his 360 and die...literaly

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/16225843.htm

This was Tyrone Spellman's explanation to police: He "snapped" after he thought his daughter had broken a $600 Xbox game console.

Alayiah Turman was only 17 months old, born March 29, 2005. Spellman beat her to death, prosecutors say.

In an alleged confession read at his preliminary hearing yesterday, Spellman, 25, said he was playing one of Tom Clancy's "Ghost Recon" games - a violent combat epic - in a front bedroom of his family's Brewerytown home that Thursday morning, Sept. 7. He had taken Alayiah into the room so her mother, Mia Turman, could rest.

"She pulled the cord and the whole game console fell over," Spellman said in his statement, read by Homicide Detective John Cummings. "I thought it was broken. I popped her in the face. I picked her up and tossed her in a chair."

Later that day - at 12:37 p.m. - Alayiah was pronounced dead at Temple University Hospital.

Spellman, also known as Anwar Salahuddin, was held for trial by order of Municipal Court Judge Gerard A. Kosinski on charges of murder, endangering the welfare of a child, and related offenses.

Alayiah's slaying was one of several child deaths examined by The Inquirer in an October article on the city Department of Human Services and its oversight of child-abuse and neglect cases.

DHS visited Spellman's rowhouse on the 1500 block of North 29th Street twice in August - each time seeing only the baby's mother, Mia Turman, 21, and Alayiah, inside. Turman told the agency that no one else lived there.

In September, Cheryl Ransom-Garner, then DHS commissioner, told The Inquirer that a social worker had reported the child looked happy and had no bruises. But Turman's mother, Marvine Turman, told The Inquirer that she had seen bruises on the child.

Yesterday's hearing focused on the injuries Alayiah suffered on the day she died.

In his statement, Spellman said that after he tossed his daughter in a chair, he put her on a bed. He then went to tell Turman, who was eight months pregnant and sleeping in a different bedroom, that he was going to a store to get "something to smoke and something to eat."

When he returned, Spellman said, Keith Walker - identified after the hearing by Spellman's supporters as a tenant in the house - told him that Alayiah "fell and had blood on her nose."

Spellman called 911 while Walker tried to resuscitate her.

Mia Turman testified yesterday, her voice at times nervous, as Spellman stared at her. Turman and Alayiah had moved into Spellman's house about a month before the child's death.

Turman testified that Spellman woke her about noon Sept. 7 and that, when she saw Alayiah, the baby's nose was bleeding, "the side of her face was bruised," and "she wasn't breathing."

Under cross-examination by Spellman's lawyer, Bobby Hoof, Turman agreed that Spellman had told her Alayiah had fallen off a bed and had been found lying on a barbell.

Edwin Lieberman, the city assistant medical examiner who performed Alayiah's autopsy, testified that in addition to bruises around her head, Alayiah suffered "tremendous injury" inside her head "caused by at minimum three separate blows" to the right side, top and back of her skull.

Alayiah's skull was fractured to the point that a piece of bone had fallen out, he said.

When asked by Assistant District Attorney Yvonne Ruiz what could have caused Alayiah's internal head injuries, Lieberman testified that a fist could have caused them or her head could have struck a smooth surface, such as a tabletop, wall or floor.

Under cross-examination, Lieberman dismissed Hoof's suggestions. "A simple fall as you are suggesting from a bed would not cause a skull fracture," he said. Nor, he said, would falling on a weight.

After the hearing, Turman, surrounded by relatives, let off her anger toward Spellman, who she said showed no remorse.

"My baby don't deserve that," she said.
    i really dont know what to say.....

Apprentice
    That is sad...the child was only 18 months old and didn't know better. There are some sick people in this world.
    2 wrongs don't make a right, but 3 lefts do!

Superior Member
    I know Jack Thompson is all over this, he cant wait to add this to his argument now, this is sad. How can anybody do this to a 18 month old? Exspecially over a 360, now if it was a ps3 out the window the baby would of went (sorry sick joke). He better hope he gets death row which i doubt, because he is going to have a nice welcome commity.
    Sig & Avatar by Blu-Ray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJebus View Post
    http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/16225843.htm

i really dont know what to say.....
    I could throw up Sick.
    "Ps3 online friend code: = : cell phone number?" Luke Smith

Elite Member

since when was an xbox $600?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbay View Post
    At least its a Chevy and at least it's an American vehicle!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Existence420
    This guy needs a beat down for sure, anytime you kill a child, and a child like that you either die or spend the rest of your life in hole with rats. That f-up thought.
    "religion will put a man on his knees science put a man on the moon, nuff said"
    by someone i dont know.

Zetsumei
    Dude, that's too much!
    How can someone live with a person that gets mad over nothing like that?
    I mean...
    I don'tknow, he should deff. have jail for life. Puttin him to death, it will be quick and he wont suffer... No point what so ever...
    that's just my opnion ofcourse!

Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by night52 View Post
    Since ebay.
    Yes, this is sad world. And the worst part is that they probably blame videogames. For once they should just watch the guilty one and not try to find one from media.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by night52 View Post
    Yeah....I was like, did they mix up price tags

^Sex_with_Satan^
    i dont think he killed the baby because of the crashed xbox (omg another dead ps3 trooper )he was just a sick ******* he would have killed the baby the next time it cries or anything he just hated the kid thats all there is to it......

heh such a sick world...lately a mother in germany left her 2 kids alone at home for days...they both died of thirst...

Elite Member
    This is also like 4 or 5 months old, or something along those lines.....unless this is another philly man that decided to kill his kid of a game, but still sick none the less. It's weird to think that humans can even act like this. I don't know what in a person would let them kill their own offspring over something so meaningless as a game.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mael Duin View Post
    Since ebay.
    Yes, this is sad world. And the worst part is that they probably blame videogames. For once they should just watch the guilty one and not try to find one from media.
    Well this will add fuel to the fire in terms of violence-induced battery in terms of playing games. Just wait and see how the media will spark this story into the negativity of playing games and how the younger generation is becoming corrupt and blah blah. Some people gaming and in general material belongings quite litterly, as if it were a living and breathing human.
    [I am] Claudia Donovan, Warehouse 13: next generation.

Pr0LiFiX
    I'm surprised people are actually taking the time to check the price of the console in this article.

The main point is not the console, people. F*** the price, that's not why the author posted this.

Master Poster

As a father of a brand new baby girl myself this man deserves nothing less then death! What on earth could posses someone to lash out the way this ingrate did is beyond me. I LOVE videogames, but to beat a child to death because he/she knocked the console over and broke it is sickening. Some people in this world do not deserve to live and expierence life and this piece of scum is one of them.

I hope he is tortured in prison since I hear child murder is looked down upon heavily. Really tho he only deserves to die since he took his life and the life of a child for granted.

My GF tripped over my 360 controller cord once and knocked my 360 over and broke it like 2 months after I got mine. I screamed in horror yes, but all I did was pick it up took it to Best Buy and got another. There are much more important and precious things in life then a friggin videogame console and anyone who feels otherwise is a soulless waste of oxygen and space who needs a real reality check.

Thread Information